Archi and Ofor as thickeners were a modern introduction mostly by the Ikwere/non riverine people. Dry fish native and fresh fish native. Because of Food you will marry a wrong girl? The Kalabari’s don’t use stock fish for our native soup. (about 15 minutes with Pressure cooker). We don’t mix cocoyam and archi or ofor together, it will result in a taste quagmire. sure, that is acceptable. Chi , I have had an opportunity to taste the soup called white soup many yrs back at a restaurant in uyo but not this and as I will make soup for my family;I guess I will try this out too. Atama (Calabar style) cooked with palm kernel and atama leaf. But we use uziza leaf for both soups. our native soups are different please. Pepper; Chi is right. I think you are doing such a wonderful job. Hope to be a great cook soon. over here we don’t have God bless u for d great work u are doing. 3. The Nigerian Afang Soup, like the Edikang Ikong soup, is common to the Efik people of Akwa Ibom. Just admire this confam bitterleaf soup by @amyskitchenandtreats .Fe... el free to lick your screen Spot the dry Catfish, If you see it,send a DM to place an order for your Fresh,Clean Smoked dry Catfish.....As an Anambra lady that I am,this soup is what we are known for and so far it's one of my best native soup..... . Ofeakwu (Anambra specialty) stew for steamed rice, cooked with palm kernel sauce and scent leaf. You cook and pound it like Pounded-Yam, but you must pound it until it’s elastic. Well done ma for ur good job for en-lighting lady’s ideas for cook God bless u richly, TO HELEN (NGOLO IS SEAFOOD U CAN CALL IT OYSTER). were introduced by the Igbos. Chy keep d good works going, u are d bomb. Am Canadian, married to river state man. Hello Chy,thanks alot.i have awz loved cooking and now bc of you,i can now confidently experiment wt food & ingredients.its so fascinating.Mmmuahh . it was really really Fascinating, oh my God i love dis site and will always love it tanks for all the info pls i need ice cream tips too cuz i love ice cream, then for the rivers native soup the ingredient u mention are learning ooo der are other sea foods used too but too expensive i always go to greek road market in town wen ever i want to prepare the soup cuz datz wer u get all the sea foodz like shell fish, oyster, water snail plus those once u mentioned, in fact u are too much i love u, pls how can i buy 50 ingredients recipe booklet, i need it madly, thanks. Also for some time now u have not been sending me news letters, secondly pls I want u to trow more ligt on vegetable stew used for eating white rice n more foods that are less starchy. Hi Chy, thanks for the mails. It’s a plethora of everything FRESH we can find in the river. 10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko) How To Cook Oha Soup aka Ora Soup Native Nigerian Recipe | | … . Yumm!!! its almost the same thing with ofe owerri and oha/ora soup nahh, the only difference are the leaves and periwinkle … all the same, nice one. You make my pot rock!!! Phone Numbers … 3 Likes ; Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits ... 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2015; OdenigboAroli: Bitterleaf with snails.....See I am a product of Anambra woman(the people who invented bitterleaf,ora,ofe akwu and nsala) and I don't eat nonsense...All my years as a man I have never see my mother,sister's and now my wife cook butterleaf with snails.....I feel like … Hello Ify, you can order the eGuide from the sales page. @chy u are wonderful thanks for d native soup recipes. in a situation where you don’t have mortar,can you grate the cocoyam and can I use fresh fish to prepare this soup? Hello I am really happy i receive emails from U. I live at Onitsha in Anambra state,how can i get hold if ur book coz d online method is not working for me. This recipe is for the most popular native soup that is made in rivers state, the one you find in most restaurants, thanks for your comment. A native doctor identified as Ebeano Dike, has allegedly impregnated a pastor’s wife in Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria. Thanks! Shrimps or prawns; I buy Ngolo in Oyigbo market, wherever they sell periwinkle, you will see it. . Got your book online. Pounded Yam & Egusi. It is the best product in the world for making Nigerian foods and yes, you will learn more about the vegetable salad and other Nigerian/River state foods. Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer, Assorted Beef: best cut, cow skin, offals. I'm from Umuahia and it is our native soup in Ikwuano I just Love you. May God increase you in wisdom, strength and creativity. Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. The original thickener is Cocoyam. not everybody will do what you are doing in the life of many especially the married ones, you have been a blessing to many marriage thank you so much, God will blessing you and continue to bless you for showin us the secret of good cookin you will never lack dis year 2017 this is my prayer for you. Though indigenous to the Efik tribe in Akwa Ibom, it is equally popular among neighbouring tribes (Ibibio, Anang) and even Cross River state.So if you ever find yourself in Akwa Ibom or Cross River, be sure to sample this soup in its truly native form. 2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener). The most authentic Anambra Bitterleaf Soup prepared the traditional way, over wood fires. If you can name 5 ingredients in this pot of native soup, then you are a great cook with or without training. Allow simmering for 3-5 minutes and you are done. So if you are dating an Ikwerre guy or married to a man/woman from River State Nigeria you can go ahead and serve him/her some of our Igbo foods. I will try this recipe this weekend. of Enugu state. var sc_text=2; Copyright © 2021. Thanks for impacting to Us what you got. Sure, you can do that but I just like to add some leaves, you can even use some fluted pumpkin leaves. the video with ma phone. And guess what, I am sweet, very sweet. A few things to note in Rivers Native Soup. I’ll give it a trial. God bless you. Pour boiled water over the dried fish and stockfish, wash and set aside. Maybe you should try the cocoyam version, it will wow you. Bio, God bless you. I love all the yummy delicacies cooked by you,keep it up.i just watched the video of the rivers native soup you cooked and you added the ground uziza seed,is it still the same as ground pepper? But Poco I thought it's been cooked with chicken, didn't know you can cook it with goat and beef. Native Food; This soup is indigenous to Anambra State and it features in most traditional events of the people. Please what is the difference between fisherman’s soup and rivers native soup? Keep up the good work Ma. When your pot of soup starts boiling, take the amount of pounded cocoyam you need, flatten it with your palm and fingers, and put into your soup. Chy I must commend you for ur good work .I used ur recipe to prepare dis native soup it was finger licking even to the bottom pot hubby said I should leave the pot for him .his so much love periwinkle and I part great part of it thanks for dis gesture. Hubby had to praise me each time he finish eating and ask for more!! Thx chy, I’m really excited now and can’t wait to prepare mine. All Nigerian Recipes. Wow. 2. In the dry Fish native you we use dry fish, stock fish, pkomo and some sea foods. Just pointing it out. var sc_security="9d00c268"; Nah. It is typically prepared with fresh fish and dry fish even though recently, some people use chicken to prepare it. . 2 medium size dry fish For some reason I just like to try new recipes once they appealed to me, I like to ask questions and try them out in my own kitchen, that is perhaps the reason I have learned to make virtually all the Foods Eaten In Nigeria. 1 cups of sliced uziza leaves Please where do I find a Nigerian girl that cooks exactly like you. 1 cups of ngolo If you can’t find them, use just periwinkles and fresh prawn. It is native to people of Enugu area of … This is simply great! I love it and I guessing that you are going to enjoy it too. For me I would say use one because they both have different tast. Order for your fresh smoked dry Catfish via DM or WhatsApp using the link in the bio..... . A restaurant that started in a shop inside Onitsha main market as a local bukka has a heart warming success story. . you are truly a good cook. Five Star Restaurant Anambra- (Onitsha/Awka) Five-star restaurant has distinguished itself in Anambra as the premium spot for finger liking soups and native delicacies. Everybody loves it. Super great job you are doing. NATIVE SOUP IS EXPENSIVE TO COOK AND ALSO PACKED FULL OF NUTRIENTS. Salt; Check out the video and let me know what you think. Direction. Ukpor has a collection of villages, with each coming from different quarters. Thank you ma. Native doctor impregnates pastor’s wife in Anambra. I believe it’s because of the stress in pounding cocoyam. As pasta is to Italy, so is Onugbu to Anambra state.No gathering in the state is complete without this soup and it is usually eaten with either eba or fufu. I can marry her immediately. two handful of fresh prowns More grace, GOOD JOB DEAR, WHAT IS THIS NGOLO… ANY OTHER NAME. Chy. Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoyam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor and allow to simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes. But i wil like u to give me the recipe for the rivers native soup and method of preparation cuz i cant watch Typically for the Okrika, Kalabari and all other Rivers Ijaws. thanks, God bless u o,my fiance happens to b frm rivers state.my question is ..I don’t enjoy eting Goat meat so I was wondering if I can use cowleg or beef.must it be Goat meat for the soup.so illd knw what exactly to stick to.thank u, @ Ify, You can use goat meat, cow leg or even chicken, whichever one you have, Hi! You are TWODERFUL Ma. I’ll try the recipe today. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt, a seasoning cube and precook for 5 minutes. Pls if I don’t have a mortar how else can I prepare my cocoyam, I actually prefer it to Igor, I know that’s the original recipe, thank you. Ukazi soup is totally different from afang. During this time, I tasted almost every indigenous food and also learned to make quite a number of them. However, I don’t feel the pressure to be married. Yes, you can use coca yam but that is not the best for native soup, here in river state it is made with ofor or achi (as thickener). Input your search keywords and press Enter. it is equally popular among neighbouring tribes (Ibibio, Anang) and even Cross River state but enjoyed by. Cocoyam (thickener); I am also from river state, Opopo but married to a man from Cross River state, Thanks for your wonderful work. Unu agbaliala. Seasoning cubes (any seasoning of choice). A foremost native of this community is Chief Mbazulike Amechi, former Minister of Aviation, in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Then set them aside. Meanwhile I didn’t see or read where u added d uziza seed u grinded. . I’m a Yoruba woman living in uyo so your recipes come in handy. Thanks. I am a kalabari woman, we have two native soups. Your Escape Awaits. This delicious dish is to die for! Thanks a lot but this particular uziza soup that’s what I use to call it for I don’t know its from PH. That’s where the flavor is, you can use it for both the meat and dry fish version as well aa the fresh fish version, OFOR and ACHI are substitutes for COCOYAM. Also blend the pepper. add water and allow cooking for 45 minutes until it becomes soft. The Ofor and achi The soup originated from the riverine communities who are predominantly fishermen. Thank you so very much and God bless you.Keep up the good work. Been hearin about native but don’t know to cook it…God bless u loads. Hello Madam! Pls what’s ngolo and why did u omit it while preparing the soup. Stir occasionally so it doesn't get burned. Complete List of Tribes in Anambra State Nigeria | | AllNigeriaInfo var sc_invisible=0; Thanks for this. The good thing is that they share similar recipes with the Igbos. I am an American woman but married to a man from River state, Nigeria. Umuoba Anam is the only village in Anam located in Anambra East Local Government Area. Native doctor claims family member responsible for … . i’ve tried some of ur recipes and dey turn out to be just great. The following are the infredients used in the video below to prepare Bitterleaf Soup for a large crowd. The diversity and features of BQRESIDENCEHOTEL ensures unforgettable experience. I’ve been cooking it for almost five years now little did I know they use ground uziza seed. Remove the heads and set aside on a plate. The wrapped locust bean gives this soup a mouthwatering aroma. Please, I am yet to see ngolo in Abuja market..Do you konw a possible seller? All Right Reserved 2020. Cook the meat until it becomes soft and easy to chew, or season the mean with seasoning cubes and grill in an oven, if you have one. The rivers native soup seems to have become a favourite with my family. Cocoa yam as thickener (see image) Umuoba Anam is the only village in Anam located in Anambra … Add a seasoning cube and salt to taste. The Omabala area refers to people of town or communities that borders the river in Anambra state. Watch the video: Anambra Bitterleaf Soup [Video]. hi Chy, thanks for your mails on how to prepare most nigerian food. Chriso2: Abeg wetin be ehuru, is it d nutmeg we dey buy 50 naira for market? Imgbe is the native name for Oysters.