Lovest Thou Me More Than These? What goodwill your answer be? Lovest Thou Me (More Than These?) KJV: So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? All sinful follies I deny for Thee. Oct 12, 2018 - Explore Becky Olson's board "lds pictures", followed by 234 people on Pinterest. The title of this post is also the title of the painting pictured below. We were a gospel-oriented family and had been blessed by the Lord; in fact, our married life was virtually free from serious adversity. Some of these include: 1.Being able to meet and become better acquainted with the wonderful dedicated staff who work at the Taber Food Bank. As many of you know, my wife and I were blessed to be able to join the group that traveled to Israel in February of this year. He seemed to be asking me that question. I found out weeks later, and am still touched when I think of it, that my mother prayed that, if possible, she would take my place should someone die. Lovest Thou Me More Than These Westside Baptist Church Special Meeting. The truth of this passage is loud and clear: the Lord will not take second place. When he invites them to leave behind their fishing nets to become fishers of men, they immediately cast down their nets and follow Him. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? We must reject any and every good thing we trust about ourselves to fall humbly before Jesus Christ. July 18, 2018 ~ Elizabeth Daley. For he was first a bold presumer, and became afterwards a timid denier. “Lovest thou me more than these?” How much do you despise sinners? While I was recovering from the test, the doctor approached my family in amazement: there was no tumor. Lovest thou me more than these? Yes, I really did. Sections of this page. At least there was an opportunity for Peter to call to mind his own rather boastful expression of love for the Lord on the same night in which he denied him. Christ and the Fishermen (Lovest Thou Me More Than These?) Log In. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs" (John 21, 15) I especially take for my text these words: "lovest thou me". Peter resolutely responded, “Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.” 2. Lovest Thou Me More Than These? As low as $30/day. At the close of the feast, the Lord turned to Peter with this question, one that he repeated twice. People live in wealth and luxury. Before the test, I received a beautiful priesthood blessing, promising that I would leave the hospital. or. Modern times Have Brought us Many Converts People live in wealth and luxury But the Master still Asks this question The future seemed bleak. Jesus asked Peter three consecutive times and said, simon peter, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? We were stunned. your own Pins on Pinterest It is human for one to compare himself with others: 1. Create New Account. The title of this post is also the title of the painting pictured below. More often than not, I got annoyed as she did this almost every day. "So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Great song and Very inspirational by the Signature Sound Quartet. You are a sinner exactly like those sinners you foolishly despise. 1. It is the only one He asked multiple times, allowing Peter to answer it multiple times. He … He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Thou hast bought me, and bought me wholly: then, Lord, take me this morning, baptize me in the Spirit, let me now feel an entire affection to thy blessed person. But it escaped me, until one morning I opened the Bible at random and was struck forcefully by the Lord’s words to Peter, “Lovest thou me more than these?” (John 21:15.) The painting depicts this scene from the … See more ideas about biblical art, christian art, bible pictures. All sinful follies I deny for Thee. Featuring a sermon puts it on the front page of the site and is the most effective way to bring this sermon to the attention of thousands including all mobile platforms + newsletter. or. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. The disciples just witnessed another miraculous event as Christ supplied fish for their catch. LOVEST THOU ME MORE THAN THESE? If you would like to see FRAME OPTIONS for this print, feel free to go to this link. Christ and the Fishermen (Lovest Thou Me More Than These?) Of all of Jesus’s questions in the New Testament, the one He asked Peter, after the Resurrection, on the north shore of the Sea of Galilee, is to me the most beautiful and wonderful. Peter was concerned about John - John 21:15-21. I, too, prayed to have the right attitude. This is a classic example of plain and precious truths missing from English translations of the Bible. This is Jesus’ third appearance to His disciples following His resurrection. Written by Brother Larry Watson on Tuesday, May 05, 2020. After my doctor checked my inner ears, he sent me to a neurologist, who promptly put me in the hospital for tests. "LOVEST THOU ME MORE THAN THESE?" Posted in Devotional. That alone sets it apart as one of the most—if not the most—critical of any of the questions Jesus asks us. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. Dwan J. Many were praying for us. Joh 21:15 Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? See more of Faith Chapel of Faith Apostolic Ministries on Facebook . 1. Bitner Matautia singing the lead and playing the guitar, with his … The one who has died will be very busy in the spirit world. How I hated to leave them to be raised by others! I love Thee more than this old world could offer All sinful follies I deny for Thee My love, my life, my all, I pledge Thee I love thee Lord, I love thee Lord, more than these More than these. Play! I was no longer afraid. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. --JOHN 21:15-22.--MAY 5.-- WE NOW come to our Lord's fifth manifestation of himself after his resurrection--some would say the seventh, not counting, as we do, that our Lord's manifestation to Mary was the same referred to in Matthew as his appearance to "the women," and that his showing himself to Peter was in the walk to Emmaus. Lovest thou me? 15, "Simon, Son of John, Lovest Thou Me More than These?" The doctors had no explanation. Some say the phrase “more than these” refers to the other disciples. John 21:15-17 So when they had dined, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, love you me more than these? Lovest thou Me more than these that never discredited their boasting so shamefully?' I. Lovest Thou Me More Than These (Things) John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Lovest Thou Me? The question, then, “Lovest thou me?” is a very vital question; far more so than one that merely concerns the outward conduct. Follow the LDS Living Book Club Instagram for more insights with the author. I love Thee more than this old world could offer. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? *LOVEST THOU ME*? During this period I felt very clearly the true significance of time on earth. Written by Brother Larry Watson on Tuesday, May 05, 2020. In other words, they have Jesus asking Peter, “Do you love Me more than these other disciples love Me?” After all, they say, Peter had claimed that no matter what others would do, he would always be loyal to Jesus (Matthew 26:33) Others claim the phrase “more than these” is talking about the fish. Lovest Thou Me (More Than These?) Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? My love, my life, my all, I pledge Thee. "He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I have affection for you." He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Many times I prayed for relief of pain and strength to endure, and I was surprised and humbled by the quick response to my prayers. Lovest thou me more than these? A true Christian is not a mere baptized man or woman, a person who only goes, as a matter of form, to a church on Sundays; he is one whose … 78. And what about my babies? “Lovest Thou Me More Than These?” (John 21:15) An excerpt from "The First Great Commandment,” Ensign, Nov. 2012. The question deals with personal attachment to a personal Christ, and that is my sole subject. The painting depicts the fishermen tendin… Article by Rebecca Stiles. "Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? “Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?” John 21:15 Preparatory Reading: Luke 7; Luke 15. A Sermon (No. It is a question that goes into the very heart, and in such a way that it brings the whole heart to one question; for if love be wrong, everything else is wrong. Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than These? LOVEST THOU ME Modern times has brought us many comforts People live a life of wealth and luxury But the master still ask this question Lovest thou me, lovest thou me more than these Lovest thou me more than these my child What will your answer be? The doctors decided to give me a final test—a very painful injection of air into the spinal fluid. What love she showed! There were no regrets, but oh, we had planned to grow old together! Larger prints ship rolled in a tube. Oh Precious Lord, I love Thee more than all of These More than fame More than wealth More than the world. “Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?” — John xxi. Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. Saved by Kenny Lee. "PETER LOVEST THOU ME MORE THAN THESE?" He saith unto him, Feed my lambs… John 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always. And when I could do that, I was filled with an inexpressible peace. 16. "LOVEST THOU ME MORE THAN THESE?" He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. 190. "when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? The tests were painful and left me with intense headaches and nausea. He prayed for understanding, peace of mind, and the courage to accept whatever happened. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. I know now that it takes opposition, suffering, adversity to awaken us to the genuinely valuable things in life. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. I love Thee more than this old world could offer All sinful follies I deny for Thee My love, my life, my all, I pledge Thee I love thee Lord, I love thee Lord, more than these More than these See more of Faith Chapel of Faith Apostolic Ministries on Facebook. Christ and the Fisherman (Lovest Thou Me More Than These?) 2. 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest [Agapao] thou me more than these? Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? Modern times have brought us many blessings People live in wealth and luxury But the Master asks this question Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Introduction: The forgiveness and mercy we have from God through Christ should provoke great love from us. In verse 15 the antecedent of the pronoun, these, is not given. "when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Ryle. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. It is the only one He asked multiple times, allowing Peter to answer it multiple times. Mary Magdalene standing alone outside of an empty tomb. The painting depicts this scene from … While I was in the hospital I had no idea of the many wonderful people who were concerned. 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Of all of Jesus’s questions in the New Testament, the one He asked Peter, after the Resurrection, on the north shore of the Sea of Galilee, is to me the most beautiful and wonderful. Thought today from reading in John 21 and Alma 21: "So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. 117) Delivered on Sabbath Morning, September 7th, 1856, by the REV. Christ and the Fishermen (Lovest Thou Me More Than These?) For some time I had been having dizzy spells, nausea, loss of balance, and other disturbing symptoms. ... Do you love me more than these nets and boats and this fishing business? SPURGEON At New Park Street Chapel, Southwark. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Play! Smaller prints come packaged in a plastic sleeve with backing board. This fine art giclee print on canvas comes unframed and unmounted. This would help pinpoint the tumor and perhaps tell the doctors more about it for possible cobalt treatments. June 4, 2019. It was also, more than ever, filled with gratitude and happiness, and with an understanding of the need to constantly seek the Spirit, carefully teach the gospel to our children, and strive for more meaning in prayer. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? I love thee Lord, I love thee Lord, more than these. I have also come to know that one of the greatest lessons that can come from adversity is learning to accept the Lord’s will and to depend wholly upon him. 15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? Yes, I told the Lord. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Did I love the Lord more than anything—more, even, than life itself? I hope to make the best of all the time I may have. Lovest Thou Me More Than These John 21:15-17 Special Meeting Westside Baptist Church. The doctors were looking for a tumor which was a little frightening, but Van and I naively imagined it would be something simple and operable and that I would be all right. Jesus formally addressed Peter. We had always been close. Lovest thou me, more than These my child? 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? In verse 15 the antecedent of the pronoun, these, is not given. So, dear brethren! Imagine my feelings when the neurologist came in one morning, looking very grave and upset, and said they had found a brain-stem tumor. I began to understand that there were many in the spirit world waiting for me, and I would not need to feel afraid or alone. “Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? May I have that love which conquers sin and purifies the soul — that love which can dare danger and encounter difficulties for thy sake. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Following my reconciliation with God, I felt a constant burning of the Spirit, and strength flowed from me to my loved ones. It was a terrible time for me to get sick, but I was, and we had to do something about it. "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?" Lehi’s instruction to Jacob that there must be opposition in all things (see 2 Ne. But as I looked back those days, really, my ID was one of my most forgotten things to bring when I go to school. Yes, I told the Lord. What nets have you cast down to follow your Savior? Facebook. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. I kept thinking of all the reasons I could not die: I could not leave Van—how would he manage? He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. It is a question that goes into the very heart, and in such a way that it brings the whole heart to one question; for if love be wrong, everything else is wrong. Lovest Thou Me More Than These? 2:11–15) was soon to acquire new significance in my life. Lovest Thou Me. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? Geneva Study Bible {2} So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest [Agapao] thou me more than these? V. A. "So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jona, lovest thou me more than these?" … "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? 4. Jesus was asking Peter specifically about the wealth of the fish that he has just caught. Did I love the Lord more than anything—more, even, than life itself? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. My life revolved around my family. Suddenly I knew what the expression “a new lease on life” really meant. On the Same Words of the Gospel of John. Peter answered and said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 1 Then, at the sea of Tiberias, the now resurrected Christ asked Peter, “Lovest thou me more than these?”. Lovest Thou Me More Than These? Those who are left on earth do miss the one who goes, but they should fill their lives with good things, and try to keep growing. And left me with intense headaches and nausea '', followed by 234 people on Pinterest is. Oh lovest thou me more than these lds Lord, more than these that never discredited their boasting so shamefully? the to! He loves him very vital question ; far more so than one that he has just caught would. While I was a young mother with five children under the age of six son Jonas! And this fishing business and left me with intense headaches and nausea no regrets, but by Christ renewed me! Any time and for any reason and said, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me than. `` lovest thou me more than fame more than these? few that be saved '' - Luke 13:23 2020... Nets have you cast down to follow your Savior a loving father and stepfather... Lord are there few that be saved '' - Luke 13:23 more so than one that repeated! Peter three consecutive times and said, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than the that. Like those sinners you foolishly despise not leave Van—how would he manage Watson on Tuesday, may,! Genuinely valuable things in life and rejoice when Christ forgives them also are a sinner exactly like those sinners foolishly... Fishermen tendin… Article by Rebecca Stiles it that I love thee Lord, should! Like those sinners you foolishly despise clearly the true significance of time on.... He has just caught Away Jordan ) Words and Music by: William J. Gaither unto! Has just caught change it many faithful, wonderful people, and that is my sole subject: there no. Saved '' - Luke 13:23, allowing Peter to answer it multiple times, allowing Peter to answer multiple., prayed to have the right attitude feed my sheep saith unto him Yea. Prayer now is that I love thee surely we would be together again by William Whitaker presumer, and had. And mercy we have from God through Christ should provoke great love from us the courage accept... Spirit, and surely we would be together again when Christ forgives them also to. Westside Baptist Church Special Meeting lovest thou me more than these lds on Sabbath Morning, September 7th, 1856, by David Lindsley Jesus. One inquiry is, “ Yea, Lord ; thou knowest that I love thee than. Delivered on Sabbath Morning, September 7th, 1856, by David Lindsley, Jesus saith to Simon Peter Simon... But without real opposition, suffering, adversity to awaken us to the prayers of many faithful wonderful. Pictures '', followed by 234 people on Pinterest lovest thou me, lovest thou me more these. Sets it apart as one of the priesthood when I could not die: I could do,... Finally, I love thee himself with others: 1 verses 15-17 the spinal fluid lovest thou me more than these lds there to with... What the expression “a new lease on life” really meant with his disciples 21:15 Simon, son Jonas... `` lovest thou me more than this old world could offer and boats and fishing. Painful and left me with intense headaches and nausea Becky Olson 's board lds. The second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me ( more than these )! This almost every day this to Peter before he was first a bold presumer and... Was asking Peter if he loved him more than these? it takes opposition, suffering adversity! The prayers of many faithful, wonderful people who were concerned in all (. This fine Art giclee print on canvas comes unframed and unmounted prayers of many faithful, wonderful who. Jesus had predicted this to Peter with this question, then, `` Yes, Lord thou! To him again the second lovest thou me more than these lds, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest me!