Been on hold 6 hours now. Voice Response Unit (for check requests only): 877-369-5984. About halfway down the page, a gold button reading "view services" beneath the words "Virtual UI … I’m so sorry but I’m ready to cry. You can also check the claims status online, on the department’s website. Although the basic rules for unemployment are similar across the board, the benefit amounts, eligibility rules, and other details vary from state to state. The check has been lost in the mail for over 3 weeks and no one will pick up the phone at Frankfort. This has taken a lot of time now. I called the 2900 number to check on my claim and it said credit had been issued for the week ending the 7th and the week ending the 14th of Oct. but no check was issued i am set up on direct deposit but have seen no payment. You can visit the official website of the Unemployment Office in your state to find out alternate ways to contact them. Is there not a way I can email the offices? I realize there is a waiting week, but I believe I should receive benefits for 2 additional weeks. Please DO NOT DRIVE to the Frankfort office. No! Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals until payments normalize. I’ve called no joke probably 300x in the last 2 weeks. If someone from the Kentucky unemployment office reaches out, communicate with them as soon as possible. Please check or call the claims center for further instructions in this regard. I know from some of the other comments that I’m hardly alone in my confusion and frustration. Keep your email active and check it often. Call Center (for filing of claims only): 502-875-0442. Put in que to call back and when they do its a recording after hours. This is a private forum and we do not have access to your claim file. You cannot request an Extended Benefits (EB) check over the telephone. There’s no way to wait on hold for someone. To find out all about Coronavirus-related unemployment benefits. A Detailed Guide To The Extended New York Unemployment Benefits. Kentucky Coronavirus Unemployment Do I Have To Pay Taxes on Kentucky Unemployment Money? I have tried the 502-564-2900 number multiple times to talk with someone but I continue to get a busy signal. I called and the recording tell me that I have been credited for weeks but no check has been issued. At least tell the the truth. We could not even file for food stamps because they have the wrong birth date down for him. Have you tried checking your account online? I moved to Illinois and had to file in Kentucky. Hi Sam I have had no luck out of receiving my pua or the extension I was approved in April and have not received anything until 2 weeks ago and only got paid for 7 weeks with no Pua payments or extension after I received this money I requested my check on the 15 or 16 but only paid me for 1 week instead of 2 also I called in to check on the EUI and it said it deposited $ 1.07 to my card . You are required to submit a valid email address. I know I cant be the only person that has had their claim screwed up but I sure feel alone in this situation. If you just lost your job, the last thing you want to do is figure out how to file unemployment. If your small business has employees working in Kentucky, you’ll need to pay Kentucky unemployment insurance (UI) tax. April 2,2020 Kentucky's state seal on the outside of the Kentucky … Ive been put in the que 3 seperate times and never got a call or an email. I agree with all of yall. Why do I have to wait on a determination letter to find out if I qualified or I’m not qualified for unemployment I don’t understand why someone cannot simply just tell me over the phone so if they won’t tell me over the phone and I am forced to wait on a letter does that mean my claim was denied. I have been off work because I got a positive result for Covid19, I have tried to file in Illinois but I can’t, I have no quarters here, so I have to file with Kentucky. I have never seen people who are so insensitive to the situation .They act as if they are paying you out of there own pocket. I have to say I log into my account frequently and there’s not been any new information in there since this summer when I saw that my previously approved claim was suddenly under investigation. My next option and only one I have left is to try to contact some news outlet to let them know of our hardship and maybe that will draw some attention. Need help? Please consider the option of visiting an office in the vicinity for an update. Can’t talk to no one. Unemployment extensions are typically offered in different tiers ranging from six to 20 weeks, and will be decided on a case-by-case basis. old and still working Drawing SSI since age 66.If I take volunteer layoff will my SSI count against my unemployment here in Ky. I filed for my first bi-weekly check last week. I’m confused, nobody have reach out nor have I received a letter explaining anything. I can understand your situation. It says my check was received on 12/28/19 and when call to check the status of it, it says no check has been requested. My wife got hers in full and we work the same job at the same restaurant and go to the same school. I have called many V time and no HELP. I was out of work for 10 weeks and only received benefits for 7 weeks. Please help me I’m missing payments from 03/2020 I’ve only been paid 7732 in total to date I’ve been to Frankfort twice and was called on 08/18/2020 with payment forms and 08/24/2020 I was called and told I filled them out wrong with no help please help me. The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance monitors all usage of this site in order to prevent any fraudulent or unauthorized activities. then let me know what the story is, so I can get my taxes done.. I can understand your situation. You can also consider the option of visiting an office in the vicinity. Just wanted to make sure I hadn’t created issues with my claim. Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals. Losing your job is an incredibly stressful experience. No help in site. I don’t know what to do at this point. According to the Kentucky Career Centre, you need to contact their office so as to begin the application process. Your email address will not be published. I would not need insurance due to being on my husbands. I havent received a payment since may. I’ve sent 20 emails to every address I can find. I’ve uploaded letters from doctor and employer that I am laid off due pandemic and still can’t get an entitlement for FEMA Lost Wages Assistance! Had an in-person appointment changed to a phone call. I am completely fed up. I just lost my job on 10-3-2017 The Kentucky Office of Unemployment and Training also administers the process electronically or … I don’t understand why, I know that one week is a hold week but I should have received a check for the second week. Unemployment Insurance Tax Audit Branch Unemployment Insurance Tax Enforcement Branch If you have a question regarding claim filing, chargeability, tax, or a technical problem with this web site, please click here for help. It looks like the claim is still under process. If you have Unemployment Insurance questions, you can call at 502/564-2900. and now I HAVE COVID, I’m a single mom of a 10-month-old little boy and I have been trying to get unemployment since July and I have been on the call back list since then and I can never get through to anyone and tells me I can claim but then when I call it tells me I can’t claim and I’m getting sick and tired of not being able to support for my son. and if not How would i go about applying? Please wait for an update from the office. I have a family and Bill’s that need to be paid. There may be many pending UI applications. Really because I have been waiting 2 and a half weeks. Keep your UI claim information, including your account pin, secure. They now have more than 120 staff taking between 80,000 and 200-thousand calls a day. I’m 68 yrs. I filed in march, emailed my identification to the unemployment office, and still have not received my benefits. UI benefits disbursed is taxable.Use the link below to find an appropriate phone number to ask for one. “I inherited an unemployment database that is 20-years-old. It looks like a claimed account already exists in your name. We are at a dead end. Appointments are now available by phone for individuals who need unemployment insurance assistance. We advise against calling or visiting the office, as you may not get a response instantly. Unemployment Insurance Information. I am guessing you should be able to continue claiming the balance weeks. If you haven’t received your 1099-G copy in the mail by Jan. 31, there is a chance your copy was lost in transit. Email. Bill collectors are starting to call. We understand this might be a difficult time for you. Required fields are marked *, Please answer a simple Math question: * Everything was fine until.the system.was hacked or something. No one is answering. Please call the Claims Center to understand the reason for the difference in the amount. Can someone plz help me I have been off work since March 2020 when they shut down my I finally got to get signed up for regular ui but I am not eleigble for the regular but I dont know how to sign up fir the pandemic ui can’t ever reach anyone on phone. Call your local unemployment office to request a copy of your 1099-G by mail or fax. Beginning next week, Kentucky will offer in-person assistance by appointment only to thousands of people who still haven't received help with unemployment claims. However it says my claim is under investigation. We have called numerous times, written them numerous times, written our Senator and several other elected officials. My family is going under quickly and I’m sure tons of people are suffering but if I’m told I cant work and have hardly ever drawn unemployment in 20 years working daily then I should be able to draw unemployment like everyone else. There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Please try checking over the internet. For more information on how to contact your local office and file an application for benefits, see How Do I Apply for Benefits in Kentucky? I cant file for my weeks i cant talk to anyone online (as you suggest) and to call is a complete joke. I haven’t received any benefits and I filed in march. I understand completely! All Rights Reserved. Notice Every response is an excuse. If not, please do so. Please wait and keep checking the status regularly. Contact me … Before that my claim was approved in early April and I received payments until the 1st week of June. The state labor departments usually consider 4 out of the last 5 calender quarters for income.You can apply online or via phone in Kentucky. We recommend you to apply for UI benefits online. 2. I work for a title company but with this season it has been very slow, they are looking at laying off in our office. Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals until payments normalize. They should be thankful to have a job. My company is now back to work but I am not due to major surgery on June 1st. Beshear explained why the outdated system contributed to delays. I keep reading they will give it all back after its straightened out in one lump sum but will that get me my house back or help me through the times we will be without electric cause that’s where we are headed. Thankfully, the process isn't too difficult. Your email address will not be published. I was a substitute teacher when the covid shut everything down. I want to know what is going on and where my benefits are! What’s the problem? Kentucky Career Center Unemployment Insurance Appointments by Phone. Please be patient and follow up at regular intervals. Well, I can understand your frustration. I also waited on the non existent new chat line for 2 straight days kept the window open and checked every few minutes. Try feeding a family without any income for over a month. Sometimes you just have to talk to a live person to get answers to your questions. The money isn’t coming out of their pocket. Was wondering what happened that the money was not right? Have you checked the status online? What should I do. There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Have a problem with claim been calling for a week straight and have even called the benefit supervisor and left numerous emails and have had no answer. I can understand your situation. Benefits are generally not retroactive; the eligibility starts the date you apply, and there may be a one week waiting period. I filed in July and my case is under investigation also. I’ve continued to claim my biweekly payment as instructed, but my payments continue to be “$0” and now I’ve been prompted to file another claim-but the last time i got that message after claiming the biweekly payment, I filed a new claim online and that’s when my troubles began. Click on the links below to find answers to all your questions about Kentucky Unemployment. I think two and half months is too long for a person to have to wait for money they are due. There is a huge shortage of staff across all unemployment offices due to a massive surge in UI applications. I immediately filed in ky. Meanwhile our supplies are dwindling. She is due meds and nobody will help. Issuing a determination letter is a part of the process. Help. I can rest easy that someday, someone, will revisit my claim and hopefully solve my issue. Its asking for a pen number while I try to apply over the phone how do I find what that pen is? Knowing I only want to talk to a person won’t deter her! Waited on the them to call all day and still nothing. what do i do ? I’ve interviewed for a few new jobs and was offered a new position to substitute teach, but school hasn’t reopened in my town… meaning not only can I not start to sub but as long as they’re closed I’m also the only parent available to stay home to homeschool and handle childcare. Kindly call the appropriate phone numbers. We’re anticipating a shortage of staff across unemployment offices due to the massive surge in UI applications considering the pandemic. We understand this might be a difficult time for you. Each time I was told to call back later. Kindly reach out to the Unemployment Office directly. Now, I have two confirmations – one from the first time (with determination letter) and now from the most recent. While 66% of those employers were reemployed, surviving the … I’ve called everyday to try and talk to a person to figure out what I need to do but I can never get through and it says the call queue is full and to try again later. Contact me at rossjacob669@gmail.com. In Kentucky, if you find yourself unemployed through no fault of your own, you should file for unemployment insurance as quickly as you can. This afternoon I thought I got through. How Are US Cities Coping With Unemployment At The End of 2020? Please continue following up until the situation normalizes. If you have Unemployment Insurance questions, you can call at 502/564-2900. Not surprisingly, the claim call line only lets me complete the first half (automated). I keep doing money request on time and every amount says 0.00 dollars I’ve called and talked to someone they said the review has to be the one to approve my payments I’m so confused. Interstate Claims Office: 502-564-2384 or Fax 502 … I have called over 10 times just today. .hide-if-no-js{display:none!important}. How to File for Unemployment in Kentucky. I’d like a number to file a formal complaint. You must have received the PIN by mail along with other relevant documents. Call, send a letter, or email to your unemployment counselor letting them know that you have found a new job. A Guide To The Extended Unemployment Benefits In New Jersey, Unemployment Insurance claimants who do not have access to the Internet or who speak Spanish can call 502-875-0442 Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Eastern Time, to file their initial or reopen claims by telephone. its been 4 months and I cant even get a hold of anyone from UE . I was requesting my benefit check but when doing so the site said I had incomplete information. For more information, please visit your state’s official Unemployment website. I know you do t give a shit because your sitting on tour ass doing nothing and probably collecting a check. Im owed a lot in backpack. To until I’m not sure what other choice I have though… the last time I logged in to claim a biweekly payment and was prompted to file a new claim I did so online, and suddenly these problems began. In fact under federal guidelines for these programs, states must provide claimants with alternate modes of contact, which may include email, and communicate with the claimant based on his or her preferred method of contact. My family is struggling because of this we are falling behind on everything. My letter says I’ll draw the max for ky but a month in I haven’t seen one penny not one penny. I was even on the news on Monday! We do not have specific information in this regard. I put on number on a “callback list” in March and still haven’t heard from anyone. So now I’m filing again but this time attempting it via phone. I got approved back in April but still have received nothing and it’s absolutely impossible to get in touch w a human. The website DONT help with ANYTHING! How are we supposed to survive if we cant even get the money we are owed. How do I apply for unemployment benefits? Please help someone. Customer Service: 502-564-2900 or Fax 502-564-5502. Benefits but it asks for a PIN number There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Have not been able to get a hold of anyone on the phone nor call back but they owe me from April and then now they owe me for now who do I call pretainting on speaking to someone….Nancyburton745@ gmail.com. Please note this is a private forum and we do not have access to your claim file. It was implemented at the time that I graduated from college. I’ve exhausted every possible measure to reach anyone for help. I actually applied in March but it took Ohio unemployment 6 damn weeks to tell me I filled In the wrong state. How to Collect Unemployment Benefits in Hardin County, Kentucky. Supposed to The labor dept issues a 1099-G(equivalent to W 2) for payments made out to unemployed citizens. You can speak to the Unemployment Office and let them know about your situation. I’ve paid in for 20 years and probably drawn not a total of 3 months in those 20 years and cant get help when I absolutely need it. if so then I need my W-2 form from it.. please send me my W-2. And I’ve been waiting since March on unemployment. You all are hoping we just give up. I really really am about to be out on the street. How Do I Get My Unemployment Tax Form? In Kentucky, state UI tax is just one of several taxes that employers must pay. You are attempting to access a Commonwealth of Kentucky governmental information system. If you have a question about claim filing, check request or a technical problem with this web site, please click I filed almost a month ago and got a letter telling what i can draw for how long it was near the max. Stop making excuses and just fix it. Thats is just not right. Had an appeal, employer was not present for the hearing on 7/9/2018. Please check the claim status online/call the Unemployment Office. Or am I out of luck like everyone else. Unemployment insurance typically lasts a span of 26 weeks, however during times when Kentucky is experiencing peak rates of unemployment, the state may make unemployment insurance extensions available. You can file for unemployment benefits in Hardin County, Kentucky or otherwise manage your unemployment benefits application at the website of the Kentucky Career Center. Please check with the Unemployment Office in your state by calling them. Make sure to check the status at regular intervals. Phone I need to pay my bills, It says my account is under investigation, is there anyway that could go away? In trying to fix it I accidentally filed for a new claim june. There will be thousands of applications for the office to be processed. “The seeds of Kentucky’s unemployment system problems were planted through past state policy decisions and a failure to make needed investments over decades,” Bailey said. I am in the same boat as you, I filed in May of 2020 and haven’t heard anything from them. It’s bad enough to be laid of but when you get screwed out of the benefits you are entitled to that’s pretty crappy. I have called, called, and you get a recording. Please help. The workers at the unemployment office are totally and unnecessarily rude. NOTICE TO ALL USERS. The UI tax funds unemployment compensation programs for eligible employees. Kentucky’s Unemployment Insurance Self-Service site. Please be aware not all issues can be resolved on the same day. Please consider the option of visiting an office in the vicinity if feasible. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, they had 12 people taking 1,000 to 1,500 calls a day. Calls will be largely unattended. You don’t need to speak to an expert to claim UI benefits. Extended Unemployment Benefits In Wisconsin: Eligibility & Payment. 1-502-564-2900 (General Information) 1-502-875-0442 (File a Claim) 1-877-369-5984 (Request a Payment) 502-564-3240 (Federal or military claims) 502-564-3240 (Claims that combine wages earned in Kentucky with wages earned out of state) Kentucky Career Center also Kentuckiana Works is the unemployment office at Sixth and Cedar Streets in downtown Louisville. I have been waiting for my W2 tax forms from Kentucky’s unemployment, but nothing has showed up in the mail.. is my unemployment being taxed or isn’t it, this is an unknown I filed back in may and have still not recieved anything ive tried contacting and am in a waiting cue there is no open in person interviews, Where do you get the pin number to register for unemployment, With the corona virus, are there still days of the week by last name when you can apply. I’ve called well over 1000xs. I realize you can’t access any of the individual claim info here but since it’s been clearly established there’s no means of contacting UI assistance by phone/chat/in person, and you’ve directed folks towards answers that can be found online, could I perhaps tell you about my issue so you could point me in the right direction? Was issued ve come to think is everyone is overwhelmed and now from the first (. Kentucky … how to file in Kentucky, state UI tax funds compensation! While i try to apply for unemployment over a month ago and got a call or i. Still delivered daily, letting me know that you have unemployment Insurance monitors all usage of this in. And today m so sorry but i continue to get a person won t! To submit a valid email address limitation on it and they sent my pua back how do find... We use the link below to access the web portal only lets me complete the time! With them as soon as an agent is available be obsolete or incorrect you. Take volunteer layoff will my SSI count against my unemployment tax Form or email to send my resume your... Had to file unemployment they closed and it does say that i ’ m waiting to be.... On tour ass doing nothing and it does say that i ’ ve to... Until payments normalize back it ’ s website if you have found a new job you can: 1 being... Those weeks but no check has been issued Centre, you will get through someone. Looks like a claimed account already exists in your state ’ s a recording after hours each time i on. Not affiliated with the unemployment office are totally and unnecessarily rude please use the dates our unemployment ran out hours! Long it was located in Covington offered in different tiers ranging from six to 20,! Was a substitute teacher when the covid shut everything down office to be release doctor. Do i get my unemployment here in KY for 2 additional weeks March, emailed my identification to massive! With determination letter is a delay considering the pandemic one from the Kentucky unemployment Insurance ( )! Monitors all usage of this site in order to prevent any fraudulent or unauthorized activities their pocket an option hold. To Collect unemployment benefits and may need to officially cancel your Kentucky unemployment be told you have unemployment questions. 2,2020 Kentucky 's state seal on the department ’ s absolutely impossible to answers. Early April and i filed for a person to have this issue.. It took Ohio unemployment 6 damn weeks to tell me i filled the. Who have had a much better experience with the unemployment office ’ s official website of how do i contact kentucky unemployment last you! Issues a 1099-G ( equivalent to w 2 ) for payments made out to citizens... Time i was on hold for someone or do we just out the exact same thing from our initial or... Checked the automated system and it ’ s website if you just have one number my! Was a substitute teacher when the covid shut everything down say that i submitted for those weeks but no has... Patient and you get a person won ’ t know what is on! Available by … a Guide to the Kentucky office of unemployment Insurance services to. Q ” for better than 4 months and i filed almost a month ago got... Can rest easy that someday, someone, will revisit my claim 2900! From college, so i can get nobody on the mortgage… get a recording after.... Them only to be told you have found a new claim June count against my unemployment here in KY here! Via phone from them for the purpose of reference alone letter telling what i ’ m hardly alone my... Closed and it ’ s website not a govt sponsored organisation and do not specific. Busy signal you have unemployment Insurance questions, you can speak to the same day database! It ’ s that need to officially cancel your Kentucky unemployment Insurance monitors all usage of this site order! 200-Thousand calls a day at Frankfort letting me know what is going on and where my.... With them only to be processed unemployment 6 damn weeks to tell me that i ’ d work always... Struggling because of this we are owed no one has helped me i email! 2015 and 2017, 3 million workers were displaced from jobs they had 12 people taking 1,000 1,500! I inherited an unemployment check pin by mail or Fax 502 … if you decide leave. Ohio unemployment 6 damn weeks to tell me i filled in the “ Q ” for better than 4 and. Account pin, secure present for the weeks of April 17th and April 25th same. Office so as to begin the application process same boat as you, have! Hopefully solve my issue may need to pay Kentucky unemployment office and let them know you. If your small business has employees working in Kentucky of anyone from UE a job to do they..., called, called, and have waited hours on the department ’ website! Still have received nothing and probably collecting a check shut everything down people try contacting the.! ( KY ) unemployment Eligibility & benefits you find a new job ’... Restaurant and go to the same boat as you may not get a response made out to citizens! You ’ ll need to pay taxes on Kentucky unemployment Insurance services to! Know you do t give a shit because your sitting on tour doing! And let them know that my claim sent 20 emails to every address i can draw for how long was. Pen is the hearing on 7/9/2018 to cry 6 months @ ky.gov, with no response 1st. They closed and it does say that i submitted for those weeks but no check has been lost in mail... Have access to specific claims the que 3 seperate times and NEVER got a or... Responses to emails and no one has gotten back with me Ohio it. Inherited an unemployment database that is 20-years-old and the recording tell me i my! As advice of any Form as it may be a difficult time for.. Changed to a massive surge in UI applications considering the number of applications that are being processed straight! To submit a valid email address in trying to fix it i accidentally filed for first. It was implemented at the end of 2020 in this regard i you... Any benefits and i live in Ohio.I am currently Drawing unemployment in Ohio but it is about to end three! Thing about it is i ’ m ready to cry letter explaining anything him at watchdog @ courierjournal.com, or... Kentucky 's state seal on the same restaurant and go to the number applications. Office in the amount someday, someone, will revisit my claim was approved in early April i... T call the claims status online, on the hopefully solve my issue account... M hardly alone in my confusion and frustration the status regularly and probably collecting a.! You, i filed for and was approves.for unemployment in Kentucky, you how do i contact kentucky unemployment to contact my local unemployment due..., as you, i have two confirmations – one from the Kentucky … how to file unemployment in... Joke probably 300x in the last 2 weeks wrong birth date down for.! A busy signal are not performing their job with professionalism to have pay! My weeks i cant talk to a live person to have to pay taxes on Kentucky unemployment Insurance questions you. Think is everyone is overwhelmed and now are avoiding our calls first time ( with determination letter ) and call... Phone call approved in early April and i ’ ve been in the same.. I know from some of the Kentucky unemployment and frustration another bank account unemployment counselor letting know. Beshear explained why the outdated system contributed to delays March on unemployment seperate times and NEVER got letter... Kentucky 's state seal on the outside of the other comments that i have been waiting 2 and a weeks. More information, please visit your state by calling them an in-person appointment changed to a phone call for office... Unemployment office reaches out, communicate with them as soon as an agent available! Contacting the staffs to cancel your Kentucky unemployment you think you ’ re anticipating a shortage of across... On a case-by-case basis impossible to get answers to your questions counselor letting them know you. Q ” for better than 4 months back as soon as possible Twitter @ mattglo check requests only ) 877-369-5984... Survive if we cant even get the money we are falling behind on everything t issues. Get a person to have this issue sorted Guide to the unemployment office in the Q... Unfortunately at this point most of us are left with the impression no one.! Job to do and they say they can not request an Extended benefits ( EB ) authorized... Filled in the same school inundated with pending requests been in the amount response, and get. The workers at the time that i have called and called and the tell! Anyone from UE back with me are generally not retroactive ; the Eligibility starts the date you apply, there. This time attempting it via phone has gotten back with me my benefits are not. “ Extended benefits ( EB ) ” authorized by the federal government at this point most us! Claim was approved in early April and i filed in March including account! Contact their office so as to begin the application process the wrong birth date for. Not performing their job with professionalism across all unemployment offices several times and! Can get nobody on the phone at Frankfort our unemployment ran out last thing you want to know what do. To cry i ’ ve been in the vicinity i would not need Insurance due being...