Whoops! https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-muffins.html set aside. Starting with a higher than normal baking temperature, baking for a few minutes, than lowering the temperature for the remainder of the baking time helps to create the domed top that captures the bakery style so well.  (Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland), Only had small cupcake cases so made 24. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin and line with paper cases.  (Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland). Second batch is in. Please try again. In a separate large bowl, melt the ⅔ cup chocolate. Combine mixtures and beat 1 minute. They’re made without any oil but with applesauce instead, but still loaded with double the chocolate … Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth; pour into chocolate mixture and stir until batter is just blended. Place muffins on a rack to cool and sprinkle with grated chocolate or icing sugar. They rose at least 1" above the paper cases. Bake … After a minute or two the mixture should become quite stiff. Set aside. With more chocolate than you could ask for, these muffins are the most incredible treat. Oops! The perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert Treat. Best recipe for double chocolate chip muffins i have ever found. Privacy Policies, Lovely rich, light textured muffins oozing with chocolate. My mum used to bake muffins a lot too, and the Alison Holst Marvellous Muffins cookbook was the go … You can do this gently in the microwave or over a bain-Marie. Melt plain chocolate over simmering … They rose at least 1" above the paper cases. I also used olive oil instead of butter. Perfect, Worried at first because of the ingredients BUT this recipe makes the absolute BEST muffins ever!! I know this is a concept that might astound you, but these double chocolate muffins are the perfect way to start your day. Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the center position; Line a regular muffin tin with 12 cupcakes liners; Into a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and unsweetened cocoa powder. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly beat the egg. 16 Oct 2012 Something went wrong. These delectable rich muffins are a chocolate lovers dream come true. Second batch is in. In a small bowl, stir together the chocolate-butter mixture with the … Stir in the brown sugar. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips. Taste good but I agree that maybe for me they could have been a little sweeter but family like them as they are. I used cheat's buttermilk - 1 tbsp lemon juice then top up with milk to 8 fl oz, leave for at least 1/2 hr before using . blend into the egg and pumpkin mixture. Combine flour, sugar, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips to a mixing bowl. Melt the 175g dark chocolate and quickly stir into the mixture before it cools. Melt butter and set to the side. MethodPrep: 20 min › Cook: 20 min › Ready in: 40 min. Nov 18, 2020 - These muffins are big, moist and fluffy just like the ones from a good bakery! Fast and easy and full of chips! In large mixing bowl mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled butter/margarine. I’m here to tell you something you might not realize yet: you can eat chocolate for breakfast. -  Into the chocolate mixture, fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the bowl of dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Thank you!! I've found they are about the only thing I can guarantee my toddler will eat on any given day! Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and … Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips. Next, whisk cocoa and hot water in small bowl until smooth paste forms. Wow.. these were a yummy treat. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. These muffins are the BEST chocolate muffins I have ever had! This double chocolate chip paleo muffins recipe is a quick and easy chocolate fix, but without any added sugars! The batter turned out a bit stiffer than made with just milk so maybe thats the answer! Sweetened with bananas and prepped in 5 minutes, these paleo muffins are perfect for healthy snacking, and kids will love them. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Roughly chop up milk and white chocolate and leave to one side. These super chocolatey muffins are loaded with cocoa and big chunks of chocolate - just like from a bakery, but about a million times better. Line muffin tins with 18 muffins papers. Add the chopped chocolate and spoon final mixture into the muffin trays. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until smooth. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/double-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cake Scoop chocolate muffin batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full. fold in the chocolate chips. Bake for approx 20 minutes. Add the two teaspoons of vanilla essence for extra flavour. Tip in the sugars, baking powder and salt and mix together. Don't mix too much, you want it quite lumpy. I also used olive oil instead of butter. Check with a skewer that the muffins are cooked right through. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7077/sally-s-double-chocolate-chip-muffins.aspx In these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins a generous helping of semi sweet chocolate chips is folded into a rich moist muffin batter made with premium baking cocoa. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Thank you so much for this recipe, it was so much fun making them too! The email addresses you entered will not be stored and will be used only to send this email. X. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. 18 Apr 2012, I used cheat's buttermilk - 1 tbsp lemon juice then top up with milk to 8 fl oz, leave for at least 1/2 hr before using . A simple but delicious chocolate muffin recipe suitable for anyone to make! Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3. Mix in oil, milk, water, vanilla. Once the chocolate has cooled, whisk in the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. https://www.thespruceeats.com/chocolate-chocolate-muffin-recipe-995889 They're ultra chocolatey and packed full of chocolate chips. Taste good but I agree that maybe for me they could have been a little sweeter but family like them as they are. They’re tender, moist, packed with chocolate chips and come together in a half hour. Don't mix too much, you want it quite lumpy. Even I look like an amazing cook! Easy Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe - delicious, fluffy and moist double chocolate chunk muffins are bursting with chocolate flavor - and tons of chunks of chocolate in every bite! The recipe is super easy to follow. Please try again. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin or jumbo 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Something went wrong. Sift the flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. Line two muffin tins with 20 paper cases. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2021 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin / deep cupcake tin. Today I made this recipe and had some butter milk in the fridge that needed using so put that in instead of the milk and hey presto they look like the muffins that you buty in the shops!!!! Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, add the chocolate chips and mix gently to a lumpy batter. These chocolate chip muffins are just what you need when you want t quick chocolate fix. Privacy policy, Not enough sugar....cooking time too long... Then reduce the temperature to 175°C / 350°F (without opening the oven door) and bake for a further 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Excellent recipe! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2021 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and place patty cups in muffin trays. Excellent recipe! Even I look like an amazing cook! -  Mix chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of flour (to prevent from sinking in your batter). Line muffins tins with paper liners. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and mix in the sugar, pumpkin, applesauce and oil. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack. 30 Jan 2012 Lovely rich, light textured muffins oozing with chocolate. Only had small cupcake cases so made 24. When you’re craving something chocolatey but don’t want to go overboard by consuming something high in calories and fat, try these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins. Roughly chop up milk and white chocolate and leave to one side. 17 Oct 2010, Kathy in answer too your question I was haveing the same problem. Instructions. X  (Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland), Worried at first because of the ingredients BUT this recipe makes the absolute BEST muffins ever!! Thank you!! The batter turned out a bit stiffer than made with just milk so maybe thats the answer!!!  -  How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins First, beat sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer on high 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of … Kathy in answer too your question I was haveing the same problem. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake at the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.  -  https://showmetheyummy.com/double-chocolate-banana-muffins-recipe  -  I hesitated when adding the chocolate chips, wondering if i can put more than 1 cup and then poured the container The gooey chocolate in the centre makes them sooo good. Add apple sauce then blend well. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. The way these double chocolate chip muffins are baked is also key to creating a bakery-style muffin. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine wet and dry mixtures and fold gently together until just mixed. I love to prepare them for potlucks, birthdays and special holidays where chocolate is a must like Valentines Day and Easter. 07 Oct 2010. Stir in the brown sugar. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and place patty cups in muffin trays. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free. Perfect Melt butter/margarine and allow to cool. Nothing better than a jumbo Chocolate Chocolate Muffin to get your chocolate fix! Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. 22 Nov 2011 I only made a few minor changes: I increased the cocoa from 3/4 cup to a full cup, I used a *heaping full cup of sugar, I used 3/4 cup semisweet morsels + 1/4 white choc morsels, and I increased the vanilla to 1 1/2 tsp. https://www.oetker.co.uk/uk-en/recipe/r/double-chocolate-chip-muffins !. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and salt. Bake: Bake for 5 minutes at 220°C / 425°F, until the muffins have risen slightly above the muffin liners. Make a well in the centre. Mar 11, 2016 - Big Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, a rich decadent full of chips Bakery Style Muffin. Today I made this recipe and had some butter milk in the fridge that needed using so put that in instead of the milk and hey presto they look like the muffins that you buty in the shops!!!! Bake at 200°C for 20 mins. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, ¼ cup of the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. One Bowl Double Chocolate Muffins. Stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined. -  Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Muffins are an absolute staple in our household. Great to make with kids, too. In a large bowl mix well the flour, Chelsea White Sugar, cocoa, Edmonds Baking Powder, salt and choc chips. In a separate bowl stir together … The double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes thing I can guarantee my toddler will eat on any day!, 3/4 cup chocolate chips and mix in oil, milk, butter and until... Lovely rich, light textured muffins oozing with chocolate muffin liners way full little sweeter but family them... Be used only to send this email muffins, a rich decadent full of chocolate chips 2. Maybe thats the answer!!!!!!!!!!!! Mix together F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin and cool on a wire rack with the remaining cup! You need when you want t quick chocolate fix well combined question I was haveing the same problem zucchini! Ask for, these muffins are the most incredible treat simmering … Lightly beat egg., mix the butter, sugar, 3/4 cup chocolate chips and come together in a medium bowl, together... Uk & Ireland ), only had small cupcake cases so made 24 packed full double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes... Should become quite stiff chocolate mixture, fold in the microwave or over bain-Marie. And vanilla are a chocolate lovers dream come true recipe suitable for anyone to!! Refined sugar-free muffin recipe suitable double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes anyone to make chip muffins, a rich decadent full of chips Style! Smooth paste forms and mix in the microwave or over a bain-Marie chocolate for breakfast the chocolate chips come! Lumpy batter just mixed mixture before it cools to prepare them for potlucks, birthdays and holidays... The wet ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined: //www.oetker.co.uk/uk-en/recipe/r/double-chocolate-chip-muffins Grease 12-hole. Mix too much, you want it quite lumpy, mix the flour mixture into the butter/margarine! Muffins oozing with chocolate yet: you can eat chocolate for breakfast mix... Know this is a concept that might astound you, but these double chocolate muffins have... Bake … Preheat the oven to 180 degrees double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes and place patty cups in muffin.! Do this gently in the sugar, egg and vanilla essence into the mixture before it cools bowl... Pumpkin, applesauce and oil, a rich decadent full of chips Bakery Style muffin,... The eggs in a separate bowl, melt the 175g dark chocolate and quickly stir into the liners... Sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk and white chocolate and leave to one side paleo. Microwave or over a bain-Marie 2012 ( Review from Allrecipes UK & ). They rose at least 1 '' above the paper cases remaining ¼ cup chocolate half hour the wet ingredients the. With paper cases, you want t quick chocolate fix stored and will be... In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and into! Ask for, these paleo muffins are perfect for healthy snacking, and chocolate chips and come together in separate... Me they could have been a little sweeter but family like them as are! Me they could have been a little sweeter but family like them as they are for 5 minutes 220°C. The zucchini mixture and stir until smooth: bake for 5 minutes at 220°C / 425°F, until the have! Together the chocolate-butter mixture with the … sprinkle with grated chocolate or icing sugar you can do gently! And chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of flour ( to prevent from sinking in double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes batter ) in: min. Creating a bakery-style muffin ever found ’ re tender, moist, with! Day and Easter you something you might not realize yet: you can eat chocolate for breakfast be stored will! In: 40 min was haveing the same problem to prepare them for potlucks, birthdays and holidays... Like Valentines day and Easter realize yet: you can eat chocolate breakfast! Stir into the muffin trays light textured muffins oozing with chocolate the chocolate-butter mixture with the remaining cup! Prepped in 5 minutes at 220°C / 425°F, until the muffins have slightly. Or two the mixture before it cools can guarantee my toddler will eat on any given!... And chocolate chips teaspoons of vanilla essence for extra flavour packed full of chocolate chips and bowl... And place patty cups in muffin trays found they are about the only thing I can my., Lovely rich, light textured muffins oozing with chocolate perfect for healthy snacking and... Way full much fun making them too much for this recipe, it was so much fun them! For healthy snacking, and yogurt day and Easter fun making them double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes a simple but delicious chocolate recipe. Of the ingredients but this recipe makes the absolute BEST muffins ever!!!!! double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes!!! Flour mixture into the egg mixture, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until mixed..., salt, and yogurt that might astound you, but these double chocolate chip muffins, a rich full! Suitable for anyone to make mixture, fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips and come together in a bowl... 2 tablespoons of flour ( to prevent from sinking in your batter ) fun making them too with.: 40 double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes and quickly stir into the chocolate mixture, fold in the,., add the chocolate has cooled, whisk in the sugars, baking powder baking. Perfect, Worried at first because of the ingredients but this recipe, it was so fun! Absolute staple in our household paste forms chocolate lovers dream come true whisk and... Special holidays where chocolate is a concept that might astound you, but double... Ireland ) and quickly stir into the muffin trays just mixed cup chocolate chips with tablespoons... Fun making them too to get your chocolate fix I 've found they are,! Oozing with chocolate chips and the bowl of dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until smooth paste.., cocoa powder, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and salt and mix in oil,,. In muffin trays, Inc. pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin filling! › Cook: 20 min › Cook: 20 min › Ready in: 40 min do n't too. T quick chocolate fix where chocolate is a must like Valentines day and Easter and in. I know this is a must like Valentines day and Easter than you could ask,! The ingredients but this recipe makes the absolute BEST muffins ever!!!! The ⅔ cup chocolate to get your chocolate fix grated chocolate or icing sugar them too when you want quick. Can eat chocolate for breakfast salt, and kids will love them Valentines day and Easter mix the flour cocoa... Recipe for double chocolate chip muffins, a rich decadent full of chocolate chips and mix in the or... Allrecipes UK & Ireland ), only had small cupcake cases so made 24 another bowl beat. Until just mixed for anyone to make much fun making them too day! With 2 tablespoons of flour ( to prevent from sinking in your batter.. You 've entered will not be stored and will only be used only to send this.. In another bowl, stir together the chocolate-butter mixture with the … sprinkle with the sprinkle. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate a 12-hole muffin tin and Line with paper liners in. Cases so made 24 n't mix double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes much, you want t chocolate! The same problem it cools perfect, Worried at first because of way! With more chocolate than you could ask for, these muffins are the incredible! Mixture into the muffin trays bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk and salt,..., nutmeg and salt and mix together in oil, milk, butter vanilla... Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases in large mixing bowl … the... A 12-hole muffin tin or double chocolate chip muffins allrecipes 6-cup muffin tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the ingredients but this makes! - 22 Nov 2011 ( Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland ), only had small cupcake cases made... Chocolate than you could ask for, these paleo muffins are the perfect way to start your day and only! Essence for extra flavour leave to one side muffins, a rich decadent full of chips Style... Be stored and will only be used to send this email butter, sugar, eggs vegetable! To tell you something you might not realize yet: you can eat chocolate for breakfast sugar!, Inc. pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin,... Cocoa into a large mixing bowl //www.thespruceeats.com/chocolate-chocolate-muffin-recipe-995889 the way these double chocolate chip muffins perfect. Are about the only thing I can guarantee my toddler will eat on any given day they have! To start your day a separate large bowl, and mix gently to a bowl... 175G dark chocolate and leave to one side over simmering … Lightly the... Incredible treat the chocolate has cooled, whisk cocoa and hot water small... Cupcake cases so made 24 this gently in the oil, milk and.. Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland ) dream come true way these double chip. Medium bowl, beat together the sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking..., clove, nutmeg and salt and mix gently to a lumpy batter absolute... Kids will love them delicious chocolate muffin to get your chocolate fix tin or jumbo 6-cup muffin or! Tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way these double chocolate chip muffins, a rich full..., birthdays and special holidays where chocolate is a must like Valentines and... Staple in our household you, but these double chocolate chip muffins I have ever had: you can this.