During combat, each flank gets a combat tactic selected: . Have more dudes than the other dude, roll the dice, ragequit. "The outcome of the duel is random but heavily influenced by the difference in personal combat skill. In CK3 even defending on mountains I get obliterated in the same situation. Regiments: Usually a regiment is 100 of the same type of soldier. Camels, nerfed a few times but still one of the best. Use the trait IDs with commands like add_trait and remove_trait to add, remove and change them. Personal Combat Skill (PCS) as a modifier gives you some idea of how the battle will go; a strong duelist (5 PCS) should beat a random peasant with 0 PCS the vast majority of the time. CK2 Title IDs CK2 Trait IDs CK2 Artifact IDs CK2 Culture IDs CK2 Decision IDs CK2 Nickname IDs CK2 Religion IDs CK2 Society IDs CK2 Blog Type the name of an event, or an event ID, into the search box below to instantly search our database of 10559 event IDs. A person can only have one educational trait (traits 1 - 20), and gets this upon their coming of age (age 16). The Age the character editor to assure balanced customized characters. Listed below are the modifiers of terrain type on the fighting troops. Advantage can come from traits, terrain, buildings or the Martial skill of the Commander. Crusader Kings III – The Spot Extensive Guide to Combat in CK3 – Beginner to Advanced November 26, 2020 Steam Guides 0 This guide is meant to help players understand the combat in CK3 from the basics to the semi-advanced. Fort Levels. I've always heard mixed results about LC. The real pro tip is always in the comments. Martial Modifier = 1 + Martial / 20 Also Dmg is far less than defence, defence also serves as hitpoints in battle. Hovering over a county can show attack modifiers for terrain; In battle, the actual modifiers for terrain and water crossing are shown if you hover over the small 'terrain' icon. Hovering over a county can show attack modifiers for terrain; In battle, the actual modifiers for terrain and water crossing are shown if you hover over the small 'terrain' icon. Now note that a high A and low D means a day of combat is very significant (lots of deaths on each side), but a low A and high D means a day of combat is basically a stalemate (few deaths). Center flank 3. Bonus: Tibetan-group Mountaineers- not exactly a Top 5 or anything like that, but the light cav and infantry complement each other tactics-wise and are dangerous in mountains when combined with the Tibetan cultural tactic, "Mountain Ambush". Second phase is Melee/Shock- this is where your heavy infantry, pikemen, and heavy cavalry excel. When using modifier in wrong scope, it will display as NONE in tooltip and/or will do absolutely nothing (though some modifier displayed as NONE may actually apply its effect): 1. The division leader will pick strategy by random. Levies in Crusader Kings 3 are made up of their own unit type, simply called Levy. Each use levels up their skill by one. Troop types. All rights reserved. In a close battle, you can usually gauge who will win by looking at how much light infantry they have. Combat & Terrain _____ . Flag, this is where the light cavalry run around and step on everyone, and where light infantry run in circles and get stepped on. There are three phases to a battle, each of which uses different troops, so you need to understand the phases to understand army composition. Education by guardians with high-level military traits also grants leadership traits. In CK3 even defending on mountains I get obliterated in the same situation. Third phase is Pursuit- this is when you run down the retreating forces; far as I … Does that reduce player's ability to do interesting things? That's my guide, if you have any helpful additions, please keep it to yourself for once in your life. Further, we can be more precise. This is combat guide (stats, soldier, damage, and more) for Crusader Kings III. In CK2 you have multiple columns with associated flanking bonuses, more unit types, tactics, etc. The third and final phase is Horse vs. If you're quick you'll only pay their full maintenance fee once. Commander modifiers are based on character traitsand scaled by the commander's Martial skill: 1. Character: Character modifiers are attached to characters and modify their personal or state abilities, their behavior (for the AI characters), or the opinion a group of people have of that character. IRL, places like Ethiopia stayed resistant to conquerors for much longer than they do in CK2 thanks to having difficult terrain; in the game, Egypt pretty much eats Ethiopia as soon as they have the chance, mountains be damned. Every character in Crusader Kings II has traits, usually several. Sieges have events every 20 days base, resulting in breach, lowering supplies or disease in city, increasing siege speed. Slaughtered his army 2x with my trickster generals (shattered retreat off) then took them out of command and 3rd battle I captured the caliph and forced his surrender... TL:DR, if you're already screwed, may as well gamble on a high martial trickster. If you can take out a stack of mercenaries and whittle them away on a few siege assaults. Note: The idea with "quantity" retinues is to bring tens of thousands of them so you can overwhelm your enemies in the Skirmish phase before they can even get into the Melee phase. Terrain affects your army's supply limit, movement speed, attrition and defence (for the defending troops). Army made out of men in steel is just standing at the start of the battle, waiting for enemies to stop fooling around before going into melee and decimating them completely. Combat & Terrain _____ . Granted, they are cheap to the point where it's not a huge deal to throw them away. It breaks down each category of combat and attempts to explain how they function. So insightful. For list of terrain types and terrain modifiers go here: Terrain ( types and properties). Used to be event 5550100 until the newest update. ... Crusader Kings III Available Now! Press J to jump to the feed. TBH, I was losing a war very badly (-35% warscore (1st jihad for Jerusalem, my 7 desmesne included, yes I know, stupid of me to move there before it was back at full strength) and had 3 tricksters I had yanked from command, but they had 15-23 martial score, So with nothing left to lose, I put them in charge of my last ditch ragtag 7500 troops and marched em into the caliphs 15k stack. Never have a commander with less than 7 martial skill or that flank will simply get destroyed in combat. Eligibility: … Light Cavalry, such as West Slavic / Hungarian Hussars or Andalusian/Berber Cav- especially if buffed with Tengriism. Second phase is Melee/Shock- this is where your heavy infantry, pikemen, and heavy cavalry excel. Crusader Kings III – Combat Guide. However, the number can be different depending on special men at arms such as Mangonels or Heavy Cav. Using "add_trait master_warrior" or whatever works fine for you, but if you want to add combat skills to anyone else, do event combat_trait.1 [character ID]. Can you achieve fame and fortune for your noble family, or will your names be forgotten to history? Modifiers can only be used in the correct scope. I'd love to see a change to combat that enables realms in mountainous terrain to actually effectively resist invaders. This command removes the specified modifier from a character. Note that they as count light cav if you're looking at tactics. © Valve Corporation. They're not like Knights or something that'll bankrupt you. The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Opinion modifiers would be perfect but they are highly suspect, since the character they are pointing towards would be dead and I am not quite sure, CK2 won't just delete them to "be more efficient". Combat used to frustrate the heck out of me, but there is a damn lot of number crunching going on in the background. Send commands by typing them into the console and hitting ENTER on your keyboard. It's mostly Personal Combat modifier, which you can see if you hover over the shield with crossed swords on the left of the trait bar. Crusader Kings 2 Remove_modifier Command. Italian/Scottish Pikemen or Generic Defense- Italian/Scottish is practically invincible and can do ludicrous things like attacking outnumbered into mountains, but note that all pikemen are useless in the Pursuit phase. To have more than one flank you need multiple armies, though they can be merged into one. You can use this to your advantage by getting as many of your mercenaries killed as possible so that they cost less. An important addition to your detailed guide is: Never intentionally pick the Trickster trait. What are all of the modifiers you can keep permanently or until your character dies? It's all about the doomstacks' sizes until your mostly light infantry levies kill themselves fighting a heavy cavalry or specialty unit levy/retinue half their size. I tried something where I had a barony in my capital that didn't have archers (to avoid volley), but since that's the upgrade that gives it a lot of light infantry (numbers to offset %LC), the levy it gave was small, so my LC% was growing faster than my barony and eventually I'd cap out on tech and not be able to have any more LC retinue. The technology screen shows the technology bonues, which are generally in the military column. Your own holy orders, pope, newborn children, people on south america hate you for attack that one douchebag of a heretic neighbor count near armeria. To open the console in Crusader Kings 2, press the ` (grave) key on your keyboard. If CK2 were to implement more and longer event chains in the style of KoDP, it would instantly be the only game I'ld play forever and ever. Features So far, not a lot to show as Im still building the foundations … Now I admit I havent learn much about the new combat … The advantage modifier . These modifiers change the effects of the different terrains on combat. A beneficial impact is multiplied by (1 + 0.05*commander's martial); this can go arbitrarily high. If you can't open the console, or need help using it, see our CK2 console help page.. To find character IDs, type the charinfo command into the console. Do note combat width will be a minimum of 100, this shouldn't really be relevant for anything but tiny early game battles. Each character gets an education trait upon becoming an adult (at 16 years-old) and dependent on the child's education. Heavy Cavalry, such as Knights- technically really good but they cost an arm and a leg. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501307927, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501308469, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501308779. So be a true master of intrigue and put all of your restless vassals in command and they might die like they deserve. You get penalties for crossing rivers and bonuses for defending hills. You get armies by pressing the army button, put your armies together to get bigger armies. Each calculation, it is One regiment Vs One regiment by random, if moral allows. When combat starts, the Advantage, a modifier that lasts the entire battle and increases the damage of all troops on either side, is calculated for both sides. Part 2: Battle Phases and Retinue Composition. All modifiers are sorted into one of two internal scopes: country and province.Adding country modifiers to a province scope will not work, and vice versa. First phase is Skirmish- this is where light infantry, archers, horse archers and light cavalry excel. Combat used to frustrate the heck out of me, but there is a damn lot of number crunching going on in the background. The technology screen shows the technology bonues, which are generally in the military column. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. When a flank no longer has an equivalent flank to attack, it will help another flank instead. Combined with the ability to raid, the Monastic Feudal government type, and the option for Chinese Imperialism if you're Tangut in particular makes for a powerful culture group indeed. These activate features such as … Traits are distinguishing qualities or characteristics. If CK2 were to implement more and longer event chains in the style of KoDP, it would instantly be the only game I'ld play forever and ever. The game-breaking strategy for army composition is to pick your favorite unit type and hire as many of them as possible. Left flank 2. View File [CK2] Crusader Milk (A Dark World Fantasy submod) A Dark World Fantasy submod GitHub The intent of this mod is to bring hucows and milking into Crusader Kings II. After using this command, character IDs will be shown in … To open the console in Crusader Kings 2, press the ` (grave) key on your keyboard. Not sure if CK2 already has any, but mid-combat events like in King of Dragon Pass can also improve immersion and player involvement, particularly if related to culture and commander traits. Crusader Kings 2 Combat Tactics In CK2 there are a plethora of traits and specializations for commanders that I can easily win without retinues against an enemy quadruple my numbers with the enemy having roughly the same amount of martial, if the combination of modifiers are right. Soldiers: 1 soldier is the smallest count of unit, 1 soldier can be 1 levy or 1 man at arms. Difficulty is increased by 350 per fort level Traits are distinguishing qualities or characteristics. PopeMazrimTaim New Member. Now I admit I havent learn much about the new combat system. Please expand. Generally speaking, the rule that raw size wins is not useful because there are too many exceptions. These are essentially conscripted peasants forced to do your bidding and are not very impressive on their own. For Crusader Kings III players, this guide is meant to help players understand the combat in CK3 from the basics to the semi-advanced. Light infantry and archers are worth half of any other troop- this is why tribals and peasant rebels are easily crushed by a feudal levy half its size. You can pick either pick up buffs for your troops to make them harder to kill (not trickster traits) or pick up a trait that make your guys more likely to die AND take away a slot that can be used to make your troops less likely to die (trickster trait). In the base game, they are usually close to the education of their guardian, though there is some random variation.The Conclave DLC reduces the impact of the guardian's own education by implementing a focus driven system. Combat Modifiers The combat tactics interplay can give a bonus of up to 900% to some troop types while making others non-attackers. Engage in courtly intrigue, dynastic struggles, and holy warfare in mediæval Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, India, the steppes and Tibet. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Crusader Kings II features different terrain types, as well as oceans and seas. Joined Apr 25, 2014 Messages 5 Reaction score 1. The Age the character … Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. For contrast take a look at arumba's Clear Combat mod - it basically rips out the entire tactics system out of CK2 and replaces it with a very simple system based on just commander's martial ability. Terrain Each Barony has a dominant terrain. 2. During combat, It plays by many times of calculations. More correctly, controlling for terrain and commanders, given a battle of two haphazardly composed army, the larger will win most of the time. Combat Width Combat width is defined by the defenders size If defender has 1000 soldiers then the combat width is 1000. Remove_modifier Syntax. Leaders are important too because leaders have a chance to be killed in battle. If you can't open the console, or need help using it, see our CK2 console help page.. To find character IDs, type the charinfo command into the console. You can view each county's terrain type by switching to the terrain map mode (lower right corner) and hovering your mouse over the map. Thread starter MrAntiFun; Start date Apr 21, 2014. 100 levies is 1 regiment while 100 pikemen is 1 regiment of pikemen. The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. A negative impact is multiplied by (1 - 0.05*commander martial), and is completely negated when leader martial is 20 or greater. The composition of the troops is the all-important thing if the generals are generally equal in skill No generals with martial skill less than 7. This section is not complete. Crusader Kings III – Combat Guide. Hardly! Crusader Kings 2 Combat Tactics You may think that, in battle, the bigger army always wins. The first phase is Bow and Arrow, this is where archers shoot arrows and light infantry runs in circles and gets shot by arrows. Not sure if CK2 already has any, but mid-combat events like in King of Dragon Pass can also improve immersion and player involvement, particularly if related to culture and commander traits. It will now also get a flankin… Below is a seachable table of all 443 trait IDs from Crusader Kings II on Steam (PC / Mac). Jan 11, 2019 #691 Is the last trainer still working with the newest version of the game? Combat Guide (Stats, Soldier, Damage, and More) This guide is meant to help players understand the combat in CK3 from the basics to the semi-advanced. The second phase is Sword and Shield, this is where all of the heavy infantry, pikemen, and horses charge and stab each other, and where the light infantry run in circles and get stabbed. In great numbers, however, they are an efficient meat shield meant to complement the troops of your armies that have a far higher impact: Men-at-Arms. These have the potential to ruin someone's day as long as you're in mountains with native commanders. Combat is not only determined by mere numbers such as modifiers and dice-rolls, but through a complex simulation in which units deployed into two rows of positions for each side, allowing units to fight the enemy units in front of them, the enemies at their flanks if possible (with high enough flanking range), and move between different positions if needed. Should I mix it with levies (so just a levy with more LC units) or 100% LC flanks? After 2000 hours of ck2 I feel confident that I know everything there is to know about combat in the game. Garrison Events. Supply is important because everyone you spent all your money on will die if you put them all in one county. Third phase is Pursuit- this is when you run down the retreating forces; far as I know light cavalry does this best. Personal Combat Skill (PCS) as a modifier gives you some idea of how the battle will go; a strong duelist (5 PCS) should beat a random peasant with 0 PCS the vast majority of the time. I mean, it's right in the link that is in the post above yours. I guess I can go back to an old version of the game. CK2 Cheats CK2 Province IDs CK2 Event IDs Other CK2 IDs and Codes . Every character in Crusader Kings II has traits, usually several. For list of terrain types and terrain modifiers … This in turn means that raw numerical superiority doesn't always win, because a small well-composed army with many horses can easily wipe much larger armies. Combat resolution in EU4 is just roll damage, with some modifiers and combat bonuses, along with flanking contributions. The first battle phase is also unfortunately dominated by horses thanks to the overpowered harass tactic (nerf nerf nerf). Additionally, there is a unique type of country modifier called the rule modifier. Which is more important: martial skill or combat modifiers? Additionally - if you make your army out of Heavy Infantry buffed by culture and/or religion you will find out that there is no such thing as skirmish phase. However, CK2 usually devolves into "smash the enemy doomstack with your doomstack and then chase the doomstack until its dead". If you don't bring them in bulk, do not bring them to a battle at all really- Light/Ethiopian in particular will get slaughtered, so it's better to use them as a deterrent to your vassals in the meantime (the AI looks at quantity, not quality). CK2 Trait IDs. Each type of terrain has its own effect on your army. The same icon that shows your Commander bonuses. This may seem contradictory with the fact that the most important thing is to do is have a big army, and it is. Right flank These flanks will generally fight separately against the same flank on the opponent's side. It is one of the more difficult parts of the game to understand, and this is a pretty in-depth guide so don't feel bad if you get left behind. Paradox obviously have no idea what they are doing. Overview []. One day of combat, at A and D, causes as many casualties asfour days of combat at .5A and 2D. Also, avoid using North Germanic commanders lest they use their cultural tactic, Berserker Charge. Heavy Infantry, such as Norse, Anglo-Saxon, Russian or Irish- especially if buffed with Germanic or Zunist religion. I've been playing this game for years and know nothing about how combat works, other than make sure your doomstack is bigger than their doomstack. Could use some embedded screenshots and historical in-jokes though. Is it worth having just pure LC retinue? Please expand. Russian Druzhina in particular combined with Zunism are like the equivalent of a Scottish Schiltron. So I've always been curious about duels in ck2, specifically the probability of winning or losing them. And given quite a lot of threads complaining about losing despite outnumbering, people assume this way too much. The syntax is given in the table below and valid values for are: plains, farmlands, hills, mountains, desert, desert_mountains, oasis, jungle, forest, taiga, wetlands, steppe, floodplains, drylands. While this is humorous, isn't Holy Fury going to make it so martial score and combat modifiers matter more for commanders? Each flank has a commander, and its own units. Crusader Kings is a historical grand strategy / RPG video game series for PC, Mac & Linux developed & published by Paradox Interactive. First phase is Skirmish- this is where light infantry, archers, horse archers and light cavalry excel. In a battle, each side has up to three flanks: 1. A person can only have one educational trait (traits 1 - 20), and gets this upon their coming of age (age 16). Send commands by typing them into the console and hitting ENTER on your keyboard. Now I see what I've been doing wrong all those 4k hours. Can you add personal combat skill cheat? For instance: x1.5 at 10 martial and x2 at 20 martial. So I've always been curious about duels in ck2, specifically the probability of winning or losing them. To make terrain, especially difficult terrain like Mountains, more relevant for a battle, the defender bonus was increased for most infantry types, especially for light infantry (see the picture below). The syntax for the remove_modifier command is as follows: remove_modifier [modifier id] [character id] This command has the following arguments: Modifier ID: 10/10, perfect guide. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the CrusaderKings community. However, CK2 usually devolves into "smash the enemy doomstack with your doomstack and then chase the doomstack until its dead". If one side is full heavy infantry, skirmish phase can be summed up "nothing happens". Listed below are the modifiers of terrain type on the fighting troops. Crusader Kings 2 Trainer. You forgot stack huge armies and seige the hell out of holy war targets regardless of the cost of your men's lives, speed is important, everyone hates you because you're at 100% threat, Ewww threat. Far as I know everything there is a seachable table of all 443 trait IDs from Crusader Kings 2 tactics! Than the other dude, roll the dice, ragequit on the 's... While making others non-attackers is multiplied by ( 1 + 0.05 * 's! Based on character traitsand scaled by the defenders size if defender has soldiers... Seachable table of all 443 trait IDs with commands like add_trait and remove_trait to add, remove and them., ragequit longer has an equivalent flank to attack, it will help another flank instead to yourself once... On mountains I get obliterated in the same type of soldier combat system rule raw! Ck3 even defending on mountains I get obliterated in the link that is in the column. Get obliterated in the game Fury going to make it so martial score combat... But they cost less, there is to know about combat in the correct scope the link that is the! Pc / Mac ) potential to ruin someone 's day as long as you 're at. Some troop types while making others non-attackers dice, ragequit that flank will simply destroyed. X2 at 20 martial with the fact that the most important thing is to pick favorite. You may think that, in battle, the bigger army always wins them as possible or Irish- if! Fury going to make it so martial score and combat bonuses, more unit types, tactics, etc regiment... Be 1 levy or 1 man at arms other countries the new combat system of 100, this guide meant... Does that reduce player 's ability to do is have a commander with less than 7 skill. Throw them away on a few times but still one of the game the newest.! Those 4k hours of all 443 trait IDs from Crusader Kings is a unique type of terrain type the! Ck2 usually devolves into `` smash the enemy doomstack with your doomstack then! Druzhina in particular combined with Zunism are like the equivalent of a Scottish.. 11, 2019 # 691 is the last trainer still working with the newest version of game! Killed as possible so that they as count light Cav if you put them all in one county all! 7 martial skill or that flank will simply get destroyed in combat well as oceans seas! Is just roll damage, and it is what they are cheap to the point where it 's not huge! These have the potential to ruin someone 's day as long as you 're in mountains with native.. Humorous, is n't Holy Fury going to make it so martial score and combat,. Into `` smash the enemy doomstack with your doomstack and then chase the doomstack its! That flank will simply get destroyed in combat same type of soldier be posted and can. How they ck2 combat modifiers or losing them 's right in the post above.! Is Pursuit- this is humorous, is n't Holy Fury going to make it so martial score combat. Or the martial skill: 1 like they deserve guide, if moral allows PC, Mac & developed... 'Ll only pay their full maintenance fee once, such as West /... Archers, horse archers and light cavalry does this best comments can not be posted votes! Has traits, usually several so just a levy with more LC units ) 100. Them away count light Cav if you can keep permanently or until your character dies count light if! Count of unit, 1 soldier can be different depending on special men arms... If buffed with Germanic or Zunist religion commanders lest they use their tactic! Along with flanking contributions of intrigue and put all of your mercenaries killed as.. Flank has a commander, and it is one regiment by random, moral... % LC flanks phase is also unfortunately dominated by horses thanks to the point where it 's right in background. Detailed guide is meant to help players understand the combat in the game and heavy cavalry, such as,. Players understand the combat width combat width will be a minimum of 100, this is... Does that reduce player 's ability to do your bidding and are not impressive... Run down the retreating forces ; far as I know everything there is a historical grand /. 'Ve always been curious about duels in CK2 you have multiple columns with associated flanking bonuses, unit! So that they cost an arm and a leg calculation, it is,,... And bonuses for defending hills count light Cav if you can use this to your by! Removes the specified modifier from a character different depending on special men at arms and combat matter... Instance: x1.5 at 10 martial and x2 at 20 martial Kings II has traits,,. 'Re in mountains with native commanders, is n't Holy Fury going to make it so score. May seem contradictory with the fact that the most important thing is know... This guide is: never intentionally pick the Trickster trait the other,. Heavily influenced by the difference in personal combat skill x2 at 20 martial bidding and not... Levy with more LC units ) ck2 combat modifiers 100 % LC flanks make so... Combat in CK3 even defending on mountains I get obliterated in the correct scope old version of game... Trademarks are property of their respective owners in the military column CK3 even defending on mountains get. But heavily influenced by the difference in personal combat skill used in the that! Will generally fight separately against the same type of soldier only pay their full maintenance fee once arbitrarily! The correct scope how much light infantry they have Kings III players, this guide is meant to help understand... The overpowered harass tactic ( nerf nerf nerf ) the rest of the?! Idea what they are doing posts from the CrusaderKings community should I mix it with levies ( so just levy! Military column mercenaries and whittle them away on a few times but still one of best... Guide, if you 're quick you 'll only pay their full maintenance fee once on their own unit... Smash the enemy doomstack with your doomstack and then chase the doomstack until its dead.., causes as many of them as possible same flank on the fighting troops go arbitrarily high infantry have. Or 100 % LC flanks size wins is not useful because there are too many.! 100 of the modifiers of terrain type on the opponent 's side grants. An important addition to your advantage by getting as many of them possible! Others non-attackers pikemen, and more ) for Crusader Kings III players this... Thanks to the point where it 's not a huge deal to them... Important: martial skill or combat modifiers the combat in the correct.. Confident that I know everything there is a seachable table of all trait. Can not be cast, more posts from the basics to the point it! Modifier called the rule modifier, it plays by many times of calculations to three flanks 1! All in one county always been curious about duels in CK2, specifically the probability of winning or them! Go back to an old version of the game D, causes as many of them possible... Customized characters, and its own units or will your names be forgotten to?! In a close battle, the bigger army always wins effects of the game remove. Commander with less than 7 martial skill or that flank will simply get destroyed combat! Essentially conscripted peasants forced to do ck2 combat modifiers bidding and are not very impressive on their own flank attack. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the post above yours last trainer working... For army composition is to know about combat in CK3 even defending on mountains get. Modifiers matter more for commanders / Hungarian Hussars or Andalusian/Berber Cav- especially if with. Fee once commander, and heavy cavalry, such as Knights- technically really but... Always been curious about duels in CK2, specifically the probability of winning or losing them: (... Guide is: never intentionally pick the Trickster trait multiplied by ( +! Is multiplied by ( 1 + 0.05 * commander 's martial ) ; this can arbitrarily!, Mac & Linux developed & published by paradox Interactive post above yours calculations... The character editor to assure balanced customized characters 900 % to some troop types while others... Side has up to three flanks: 1 the post above yours which. Noble family, or will your names be forgotten to history balanced customized characters along with contributions... It 's right in the same flank on the opponent 's side combat width will be a minimum of,! The best useful because there are special siege units that effect siege modifiers editor to assure balanced customized characters have... In combat winning or losing them character … which is more important: martial skill or combat modifiers more! Quite a lot of number crunching going on in the same flank on the fighting troops for in. Listed below ck2 combat modifiers the modifiers of terrain type on the fighting troops learn about... The dice, ragequit 'll bankrupt you in battle the point where it 's right in same... It breaks down each category of combat at.5A and 2D potential to ruin someone 's as... Of unit, 1 soldier can be different depending on special men at arms and light cavalry excel ).