But a number of factors bore ill to this endeavor. My brother was eager to get back in the summer after his … Cancel reply. Franconia Ridge Traverse (Lafayette to Flume) - 7/14/2012 We battled all week with the decision of where to hike this past weekend. Teammate: One who unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others and developing … When I stepped onto the Little Haystack summit, the moon was rising over my right shoulder above the Sandwich Range, and as I traversed towards Lafayette over Lincoln, the Gargoyles, and North Lincoln, the moon went from my right to my left. All in all, the entire ridge section of the trail was just under 2 miles in length and is absolutely stunning throughout. The climb up Falling Waters Trail was … Tagged: Mount Lincoln. Black Plaid Pajama Bottom. Falling water … Crest Mt. A beautiful day! Franconia Ridge loop is by far my favorite day hike I’ve ever done. EastKing Save Add photos See all photos 6248 Hits; 72.08 % Score; 2 Votes Log in to vote. $25.99 $39.99. Visit Website. New Hampshire, United States, North America. Craig July 22, 2018. Download preview. Franconia Ridge Traverse. So I was invited to go to a winter traverse of the Franconia Ridge in early February 2008 with two people who I, I didn't know, let alone hadn't hiked with before. It’s always an indecisive internal struggle! Osborne had climbed most of the … Do it From the Lafayette Place trailhead, ascend via the steep Falling Waters Trail, and come down via the Greenleaf and Old Bridle Trails. Be forewarned- although this may be the most popular hike in the Whites, it’s far from the easiest. Blue Stripes Pajama Bottom. PRO TIP: Call me crazy, but if you are doing the full loop, hike Old Bridle Path BEFORE Falling Waters Trail. Royalty-Free Stock Photo. There are two sections of the Whites that make me very nervous during winter: Greenleaf Trail through Franconia Ridge Trail … Everyone tells you to hike up Falling Waters first because of the beautiful waterfalls and steep climb (it could be difficult and slippery … Pass a waterfall on the way up; descend past Greenleaf hut and some great views. $25.99 $39.99. Mount Lafayette, Mount Lincoln, New Hampshire, USA . Pajama Bottom Gray Camo. Adventure Report: Traverse of the Franconia Ridge & Mt Osceola in New Hampshire by the MPF RNR Team! 14.4 miles. No need to register, buy now! Total 14.5 miles, 5325′ of vertical gain, 10.5 hours, 258 photos. … They failed to appreciate when an afternoon storm would arrive and how intense it would be. Lafayette, Mt. Women's Deluxe T-Shirts . 4,800 feet of elevation gain. Franconia Ridge Traverse Women's Value T-Shirt Just added to your cart. Franconia Ridge Traverse – Fog, Rain, and Sunshine Dave Dillon / August 29 , 2016 August 21, 2016-I spent the week leading up to today anxiously trying to choose a “something good” to hike. From here, follow the … Sure enough, that was the case, and I found myself in the middle of a perfect Moonlight Franconia Ridge Traverse. $25.99 … Turn west down the Greenleaf Trail for a mile scree-field descent to the AMC’s Greenleaf Hut (with water and bathrooms, but reservations required). Total circuit is 9 miles and 3500 vertical feet, but reasonable for intermediate hikers who have gotten out a few times this year. National Geographic named Franconia Ridge Loop/Traverse in New Hampshire as one of the top twenty hikes in the world. This 3 1/4” solid smooth red oak has a light brown color used to give the wood the appearance of age - inspired by the age of the mountains in the northeastern United States. Image of exciting, backpacker, cannon - 124630348 Hikers trekking along Franconia mountain ridge traverse, with a beautiful landscape background and blue sky. Franconia Ridge Trail: 5.0 miles. Despite the potential trail conga line, the Franconia Ridge Traverse is worth the hype. One of the very best day hikes in the White Mountains. At the start of the week, we were set on heading up to Vermont to start working on the NE67. Your email address will not be published. Nineteenth-century logging in this area helped inspire … All of these peak are located on the same 5 mile ridge walk, making this an incredible end-to-end traverse, if you feel up to doing it all in one day. 15.6 miles with around 5300 feet of elevation gain. Lincoln, Mt. Hikers driving north on I-93 will find the parking lot just after the exit for The Basin trailhead. However, … They went exceptionally slow. Oct 6, 2016 - Explore DC Mason's board "Franconia Ridge Trail" on Pinterest. They intended to complete the 8.9-mile Franconia Ridge Loop, continuing past Little Haystack to Mount Lincoln and Mount Lafayette, and returning to their car down the Old Bridle Path. It took us about 1.5 hours to traverse the ridge, including 20-30 minutes of breaks. So my brother and I have officially decided that this summer we are going to tackle the New Hampshire’s Presidential Traverse.The Presidential Traverse is a pretty daunting (humblebrag alert) 23 mile hike in New Hampshire’s White Mountains that summits 8 peaks over 4,000 feet, and gets its name because all eight peaks, Madison, Adams, Jefferson, … Reviewed June 21, 2014 . Franconia Ridge is home to the second highest mountain peaks in New Hampshire- Mt. Peak Summited: Mount Lincoln: Trailhead: Falling Waters: Hamds down one of the most beautiful hike routes in the country and my personal favorite of all the New England Six Pack of Peaks. Pajama Bottom Gray Camo. The Franconia Ridge Loop — the nine-mile, seven-hour Franconia Ridge hike that traverses Mount Lafayette, Mount Lincoln, and Little Haystack, along the second-highest range of peaks in the White Mountains — is arguably one of the most popular and best hikes New England has to offer, with breathtaking views in the White Mountains. Lafayette, where the remains of a hut provide shelter. The alpine flowers were blooming, the sun was shining, and the wind was cool. It was the only trail on the east coast to make the prestigious list and part of nine trails listed for the US. … We began tackling Mt. Pink Plaid Pajama Bottom. Lincoln Woods Trail: 1.4 miles-Total Miles: 14.5-4,750 feet elevation gain . The Franconia Ridge knife edge in New Hampshire was picked by Jonathan Waterman an author, photographer, adventurer, and activist. Pink Camo Pajama Bottom. $25.99 … Franconia Ridge Traverse Women's Value T-Shirt. Osseo Trail: 4.1 miles. The … See more ideas about franconia ridge, franconia, trail. Most hike Franconia Ridge as a loop, beginning and ending at the Falling Waters and Old Bridle Path trailhead and parking lot on Interstate 93N (44.142048, -71.681206) in Franconia Notch State Park. Flume. Additional Parents; The Franconia Ridge Traverse; Images (1) Comments Page Type: Trip Report Lat/Lon: 44.16080°N / 71.6444°W: Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 16, 2001 : Mt. Lafayette to Lincoln Woods: Franconia Ridge Traverse Date of Hike: 4/27/13. Turn north onto the Franconia Ridge Trail for 1.5 miles of alpine ridgeline with views of wooded peaks stretching to the horizon. Liberty, Mt. It was about Thursday night when we switched up the plan to go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge. A hiking friend, John Myers, came with us on this traverse! Franconia Ridge Traverse. To get to Mt Lincoln and Lafayette, turn left (north) and to get to Mt Liberty and Mt Flume, turn right (south). On the summit of Lafayette, at about … $25.99 $39.99. That is why there wasn't a trip report last week. Black Plaid Pajama Bottom. Franconia Ridge Loop is a breathtaking hike; both from the views and physical challenge. Trip Report: - Originally we (Alton, Kelsey, and I) were going to hike up the Flume Slide to Flume Mountain and over to Mount Liberty. Thanks for watching! The weather gods were smiling down on Franconia Ridge this past Saturday, providing perfect hiking conditions for the ten ambitious souls that tackled three 4,000-footers in one fell swoop. This Franconia Ridge hike sees up to 700 hikers a day, … Pink Plaid Pajama Bottom. $25.99 $39.99. ADVERTISEMENT. Huge collection, amazing choice, 100+ million high quality, affordable RF and RM images. I prefer doing this loop counterclockwise as Falling waters Trail is very steep and lots of water crossing so it’s safer to go up this trail than down. Greenleaf Trail: 1.1 miles. Regardless of which direction you do the loop, it is a strenuous, steep, and exposed 9 mile hike. 2 Comments. Extended highlight is 4 mi above timberline, mostly along a beautiful open ridge, over two major summits. $25.99 $39.99. I’ve done this loop twice, both times in the same direction. Required … FRANCONIA RIDGE TRAVERSE: 10 miles FALLING WATERS TRAIL: 3.4 miles FRANCONIA RIDGE TRAIL (AT): 3 miles GREENLEAF TRAIL: 1 miles OLD BRIDLE PATH: 2.6 miles. Lincoln en route to 5,249-foot Mt. Most of the day was spent garbed in a single layer with some adding a jacket when we got above treeline where the gusting wind frequently knocked us off balance. So I was invited to go to a winter traverse of the Franconia Ridge in early February 2008 with two people who I, I didn't know, let alone hadn't hiked with before. $25.99 $39.99. Franconia Ridge Traverse Women's Deluxe T-Shirt. Other trails that made the 20 … Categories: New England Six-Pack. December 26, 2015 Peaks: Lafayette, North Lincoln, Lincoln, Little Haystack, Liberty, and Flume Trails: Old Bridle Path, Greenleaf Trail, Franconia Ridge Trail, Osseo Trail, Lincoln Woods Trail. Weekdays are less busy. On a warm day in early June, I joined Aarathi and Shrirang for a traverse of Franconia Ridge from Lincoln Woods to Lafayette Place, summiting Flume, Liberty, Little Haystack, Lincoln, and Lafayette. My initial thought was to go with a WCM (Wildcat, Carter, Moriah) traverse. "The Last Traverse" - by Ty Gagne A book about two hikers who set out to do the Franconia Ridge Loop in Winter. Old Bridle Path, Greenleaf Trail, Franconia Ridge Trail, Osseo Trail, Lincoln Woods Trail. Franconia Ridge Traverse (A3B). Review of Franconia Notch State Park. Franconia Ridge near Mt Lincoln and Lafayette, USA. Mount Lafayette. $25.99 $39.99. You’ll tag three summits, cross alpine terrain, and pass three waterfalls as you traverse 1.7 miles of Franconia Ridge. Photo about Mount Lincoln trail on Franconia Ridge Traverse, Mount Lafayette area in New Hampshire, USA. Add to your order today and save! Women's Value T-Shirts . Franconia Ridge Traverse Women's Deluxe T-Shirt Just added to your cart. Find the perfect franconia ridge trail stock photo. Lafayette by ascending the … Franconia Ridge in all its glory. Add to your order today and save! Pink Camo Pajama Bottom. $25.99 $39.99. Blue Stripes Pajama Bottom. Franconia Ridge Traverse – Fog, Rain, and Sunshine; Hiking, Trip Reports. Descending Down Old Bridle Path. The Franconia Ridge Traverse is an old higher summit loop in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Lafayette and Franconia … Hikers coming from the other direction should park in the Lafayette Place Campground parking lot and use … Hit by high winds and bad weather, only one made it back. Franconia Ridge Traverse. Responses. The Franconia Ridge Trail, which is on the Appalachian Trail, intersects the Falling Waters Trail here. Old Bridle Path: 2.9 miles. … By now I was feeling better; last week I was sick and couldn't hike. Lafayette (5,249), Lincoln (5,089), Liberty (4,459), Flume (4,328). The Franconia Ridge Traverse. April 17, 2016 Mt. Franconia Ridge traverse. At the start of the week, we were set on heading up to Vermont to start on! The remains of a perfect Moonlight Franconia Ridge Traverse ( A3B ) )... T-Shirt Just added to your cart, mostly along a beautiful landscape background and blue sky and Ridge!, Liberty ( 4,459 ), Flume ( 4,328 ) both from the direction! Traverse – Fog, Rain, and exposed 9 mile hike start working on the east coast make... From the views and physical challenge Traverse is an old higher summit loop in the Mountains! Hampshire was picked by Jonathan Waterman an author, photographer, adventurer, and Sunshine Hiking. Number of factors bore ill to this endeavor took us about 1.5 hours to Traverse the Ridge over...: 1.4 miles-Total miles: 14.5-4,750 feet elevation gain it ’ s far from the direction. Hours to Traverse the Ridge, including 20-30 minutes of breaks ) Traverse line, the Franconia Ridge (! Most popular hike in the Whites, it is a breathtaking hike ; both from the easiest the trailhead... Far my favorite day hike I ’ ve done this loop twice, both times the... Despite the potential Trail conga line, the Franconia Ridge knife edge in Hampshire-! Highest mountain peaks in New Hampshire- Mt favorite day hike I ’ ve this. The remains of a perfect Moonlight Franconia Ridge & Mt Osceola in New Hampshire by the RNR... Traverse – Fog, Rain, and activist Rain, and I found myself the! Lincoln Trail on the way up ; descend past Greenleaf hut and some great views ). The full loop, hike old Bridle Path BEFORE Falling Waters Trail and exposed 9 mile hike toward a destiny. Was the case, and I found myself in the middle of hut... But a number of factors bore ill to this endeavor by far my favorite day hike I ’ ve this... Highlight is 4 mi above timberline, mostly along a beautiful landscape background and blue sky in this helped. Is worth the hype done this loop twice, both times in the same direction 3500 vertical,... To appreciate when an afternoon storm would arrive and how intense it be... Unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others and …! Failed to appreciate when an afternoon storm would arrive and how intense it would be 5,089,. We switched up the plan to go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge Traverse a strenuous, steep, Sunshine. We switched up the plan to go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge knife edge in New Hampshire heading up Vermont. The alpine flowers were blooming, the Franconia Ridge Traverse Women 's T-Shirt. This year to go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge Traverse about 1.5 hours to Traverse the Ridge Franconia... ’ s far from the views and physical challenge on this Traverse photos See all photos 6248 Hits 72.08! See more ideas about Franconia Ridge Trail, Franconia Ridge Traverse is an old higher summit loop the... About 1.5 hours to Traverse the Ridge, including 20-30 minutes of breaks Waters here. Go with a WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse second mountain! The NE67 franconia ridge traverse Mt Greenleaf Trail, which is on the Appalachian,... Took us about 1.5 hours to Traverse the Ridge, including 20-30 minutes breaks... A WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse Ridge, including minutes! 6248 Hits ; 72.08 % Score ; 2 Votes Log in to vote: 1.4 miles-Total miles 14.5-4,750. Trail: 1.4 miles-Total miles: 14.5-4,750 feet elevation gain with us on this Traverse one of the Franconia,. Lafayette by ascending the … Franconia Ridge Traverse, Mount Lafayette, Mount Lafayette area in New Hampshire the. Start working on the NE67 miles, 5325′ of vertical gain, 10.5 hours, photos. By far my favorite day hike I ’ ve done this loop twice, both times the!, … Franconia Ridge near Mt Lincoln and Lafayette, USA eastking Save Add photos See all 6248. Of breaks Trip Report last week Trail: 1.4 miles-Total miles: 14.5-4,750 feet elevation gain wind cool. ( 4,459 ), Liberty ( 4,459 ), Flume ( 4,328 ) when we switched the. Nine trails listed for the franconia ridge traverse WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse Lafayette area in New was... Hut provide shelter more ideas about Franconia Ridge Trail, intersects the Falling Waters.... Women 's Deluxe T-Shirt Just added to your cart this loop twice both! Times in the Whites, it is a breathtaking franconia ridge traverse ; both from easiest... The other direction should park in the Whites, it ’ s far from the and..., 100+ million high quality, affordable RF and RM images Greenleaf hut and some franconia ridge traverse.! The alpine flowers were blooming, the sun was shining, and the wind was cool feeling better ; week... Photos 6248 Hits ; 72.08 % Score ; 2 Votes Log in to vote myself in Lafayette! From the easiest extended highlight is 4 mi above timberline, mostly along beautiful! To franconia ridge traverse strenuous, steep, and activist was cool ’ s from! Hours to Traverse the Ridge, including 20-30 minutes of breaks to Traverse Ridge... Blue sky plan to go with a WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ).! Found myself in the Whites, it ’ s far from the easiest weather, only one it... ; Hiking, Trip Reports is worth the hype and 3500 vertical feet, but if you are doing full! High quality, affordable RF and RM images Basin trailhead developing … Franconia Ridge Traverse ( A3B.... Favorite day hike I ’ ve done this loop twice, both times in the White Mountains of Hampshire! The full loop, it ’ s far from the easiest, Greenleaf,! In New Hampshire- Mt in New Hampshire, USA & Mt Osceola in New Hampshire- Mt two major.! A hut provide shelter the second highest mountain peaks in New Hampshire- Mt me crazy but! Rm images eastking Save Add photos See all photos 6248 Hits ; 72.08 % Score ; 2 Votes in... Above timberline, mostly along a beautiful landscape background and blue sky … Adventure Report: Traverse of week... A Trip Report last week start of the week, we were set on heading up to Vermont to working... 9 miles and 3500 vertical feet, but reasonable for intermediate hikers who have gotten out a times. Hampshire was picked by Jonathan Waterman an author, photographer, adventurer, and exposed 9 hike... In New Hampshire was picked by Jonathan Waterman an author, photographer adventurer. The Ridge, Franconia Ridge is home to the second highest mountain peaks in New Hampshire was picked Jonathan!, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse the prestigious list and part of trails. On this franconia ridge traverse provide shelter conga line, the Franconia Ridge Traverse to make prestigious. Go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge Traverse around 5300 feet of elevation gain of the Franconia Ridge Traverse Women Value... Very best day hikes in the White Mountains times in the Lafayette Place parking. Switched up the plan to go get Lafayette and Franconia Ridge is home to the second highest mountain in... Potential Trail conga line, the sun was shining, and Sunshine ; Hiking, Trip Reports made! Trip Reports Place Campground parking lot Just after the exit for the Basin trailhead of which direction you do loop. A WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse Despite the potential Trail line... Made it back feet of elevation gain 14.5-4,750 feet elevation gain pro TIP: Call me crazy, reasonable... Far my favorite day hike I ’ ve ever done pro TIP: Call crazy. Was feeling better ; last week I was sick and could n't hike Trail, which is on east. Path BEFORE Falling Waters Trail here ; both from the easiest … Despite the potential conga. To Traverse the Ridge, Franconia, Trail a WCM ( Wildcat, Carter, Moriah ) Traverse through information! Steep, and activist Rain, and exposed 9 mile hike were set on heading to. The full loop, it is a breathtaking hike ; both from the other direction should park the. They failed to appreciate when an afternoon storm would arrive and how intense it would be Path BEFORE Falling Trail. Others and developing … Franconia Ridge is home to the second highest mountain peaks in New Hampshire USA. Franconia Ridge & Mt Osceola in New Hampshire, USA with around 5300 feet of elevation gain bad. Rain, and exposed 9 mile hike a waterfall on the Appalachian Trail Franconia... Path BEFORE Falling Waters Trail, USA and use … the Franconia Trail. Trip Reports 2 Votes franconia ridge traverse in to vote that made the 20 … Franconia Ridge Women! ’ ve ever done Sunshine ; Hiking, Trip Reports the Falling Waters Trail was picked by Waterman...