I’m a nature girl and coconut oil is my … Use warm water for the first shower after tanning and do not use any kind of soap or body wash on your skin at that time. Coconut oil is one of the best, and only, oils that is recommended to use with a spray tan because of its moisturizing benefits. I do have experience with each of the products or services listed below so I feel fully comfortable recommending them. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Body Wash & Deep Moisturizing Lotion, 5. Also, it shouldn't contain any harsh ingredients, such as mineral oil, that will negatively affect your tan. In addition, it is also dermatologist recommended and hypoallergenic. That is why most skin care professionals recommend applying lotion immediately after your shower. And as we know, moisturized skin helps a spray tan last longer and look better! Since then, I've had a passion for helping sunless tanning business owners through my work at happytans, with the happytans podcast and website builder. 2 0. subbecha. This way, your spray tan should stay on longer!! In this article, I am going to tell you what you should look for in a good lotion and what to avoid while you have your tan. Are you using the correct moisturiser? Of course you can use soap in places like your groin and armpits, but don’t use it all over your body. I will include what I think makes the best lotion to use after a spray tan. We love to see aloe vera in products because of the natural skin moisturizing benefits that it possess. In order to do that, we need to make sure that we are using a lotion that will not “strip” off the spray tan. In addition to the fact that it has natural ingredients, it is also developed by Doctors and contains coconut. Source(s): Self use. As you know, for a tan to last longer and look more natural, we need to keep our skin refreshed and moisturized. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly - grant@happytans.com. Stop using the topical emollient and call your doctor if you have severe burning, stinging, redness, or irritation where the product was applied. Oh, no, it's … You smell, well, weird, until you take a shower, and even after that. We want to give the active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (DHA), as long as possible to adhere to and be absorbed into the skin. Before and after my first spray tan, I did a few things wrong that led to a not-so-flawless glow. Do not workout or apply lotion on your skin until your first shower. ... How long after a Spray Tan can You Shower. Disclosure: Some of these are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. When our clients shower after using Tan Envy, should they use a cleanser and a sponge, or just rinse with their hands and warm water? • Do not scrub in the shower after your airbrush tan. Don’t shave for at least 1 day after your spray. If you use soap before the 24-hour mark, you will stop the development of the spray tan, and will … I hope this article was helpful for you. © 2021 - Happy Industries, Inc. | All rights reserved, Why you need a lotion or moisturizer after your spray tan, 1. Go ahead and see our top 5! Your pH level is higher on your hands and feet, so it is important to properly moisturize beforehand. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you use a good moisturizing lotion while you have your tan. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly - grant@happytans.com. We want to use a product that won't affect the tan or our skin, and will allow our tan to last as long as it can! Too busy to read? Remember, keeping your skin moisturized is key, but what you use is just as important. 7. If you want to use a soap or body wash you can, but it MUST be tan friendly. Immediately after the spray … You do not wash your hair. Those two ingredients alone tell me that this body wash is going to help to keep your skin moisturized and refreshed while you have your spray tan. And being vanilla-scented, you won’t have a problem with any icky spray tanning scent. Not sure what soap to use? When finished, simply wash with soap and warm water and let air dry. It helps keep the color looking nice and it makes it so I can push my spray’s a little bit longer. Soft, sensitive soap, this may sound a bit unhygienic, but try to keep as clean as possible so you don't have to use a sponge to clean yourself. To read that article, go here. As you know, moisturized and fresh skin will not only absorb the spray tan solution better, but maintaining your tan also requires moisturized skin. You can get as sudsy as you want without harming your tan. Additionally, the fee's received go to help support this website and our podcast. © 2021 - Happy Industries, Inc. | All rights reserved, 3. Therefore, we want a helping hand that works extra nourishing, —but not overpowering, it’s just sweet enough. Shower 8-12 hours after the spray tan session. Dove soap, and Dove Shower gel, Curel lotions will fade a tan faster. Getting a spray tan can increase your confidence and make you look more toned. First Shower After A Spray Tan Your spray tan artist will tell you how long you need to wait till you can shower after your spray tan. Below, we listed our favorite products that are available for purchase on Amazon. Don’t sweat. Dove changes the pH level of your skin and throws off the whole spray tanning process! Never use soap or scrubs while showering after you have been spray tanned. The coloring agent dihydroxyacetone or DHA also has side effects on sensitive skin. The very first shower you should take after your spray tanning session should always be a simple warm water rinse! 1 decade ago. Yes! Especially, under the sunlight, your skin may experience reddening and itching after a spray tan. Happytans is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. There are certain ingredients used that can be harmful to a spray tan because either they rub the tan off, or they cause your skin to exfoliate faster. I do have experience with each of the products or services listed below so I feel fully comfortable recommending them. Additionally, the fee's received go to help support this website and our podcast. Do not exfoliate excessively for the first three days. Make sure you moisturize skin and use a DHA friendly soap or wash that will not harm your tan. However, after spending the money to get a beautiful bronze glow, the last thing you want is all that work washing down the drain! Avoid Dove soap and bar soaps as they are known for fading tans. A couple of things right off the bat that we like about this product: shea butter and coconut oil. You can buy the mitt at Sephora or Ulta or get it online here. It’s the best self-tanning applicator that I’ve ever used. The Aveeno Actives Natural body wash was included in our article about the best soaps to use after a spray tan, and they don't let us down with this great daily moisturizing lotion. Shea butter is one of our favorite ingredients to use after a spray tan because it naturally moisturizes the skin and keeps the tan looking flawless! Wash so that the water runs clear. Aloe vera. Some people feel dirty, so they get a shower right after a tan. Some of the links contained in this article may be affiliate links, although it will not cost you more to buy through the links. Too busy to read? Instead, spray clothing, or spray a "cloud" of spray that you can walk through, instead of directly onto skin. By keeping in mind a few simple rules, you can make your spray tan last as long as possible even after several showers. Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. I started in the industry working for Sjolie Sunless, one of the largest companies in the sunless tanning industry. As for what to tell your clients to use before getting spray tanned, This is a prime opportunity to sell them a good exfoliator that contains no oil ( the oil will prevent the solution from penetrating all well into the skin) and a tan extender than contains a small amount of DHA not enough to be a self tanned but it will boost the tan they have as well as hydrate thier skin. Custom Tan advise our clients to only shower until the … I tell them rinse only for first shower, at least 6-8 hours after spray. It turns out a lot of the things I use are free so you should be able to do the same. Disclosure: Some of these are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Yup, that’s right, no soap, body wash, hair washing, shaving or scrubbing. In addition, it's another product that is naturally moisturizing and dermatology tested. Please do not spend any money on the products unless you feel you need them to achieve your goals. It is always recommended to avoid soaps, body washes or any other products you would use in the shower for the first shower after your tan. Bug spray, perfumes, body sprays when sprayed directly onto skin, can make your tan look splotchy and fade faster. Generally, a spray tan should last about 7-10 days, although those times will vary depending on a number of factors. Hey everyone! Please do not spend any money on the products unless you feel you need them to achieve your goals. The Puracy body wash has some of the most natural and beneficial ingredients that you can find in a commercialized body wash. This body wash does just that. Is that cat pee I smell? If you used a spray tanning treatment to get your tan, that’s four hours before the first shower. After your spray tan you customise your result by determining how long after application you want to leave the tan on. How long your spray tan will last depends on a number of factors. Not only will it cause streaking and fading, but it’ll turn you orange! Go ahead and view our top 5! Facial masks and exfoliating scrubs. Both your natural body oils and the one you got from your tanning lotion break down with the use of soap. The mistakes were nothing major, but that even annoyed me more. Ed hardy’s INK after spray tan lotion is hard on results but gentle on the skin while protecting your tan’s luster. Immediately after your shower, you should apply lotion to your skin in order to help it absorb some of the water/moisture from the shower. The longer the better. During the first shower, we want to make sure that we only use lukewarm water and rinse off the bronzer from the spray tan. Although spray tan after waxing is a great idea, the opposite is not true. There are a few things you should not use after a spray tan, this includes oils, deodorants, perfumes, tight clothing, and any soaps. The DHA in the solution is what is getting you tan. One of the most important factors in making your tan last is the type of soap or body wash you use. Just use lotion and make sure to moisturize every day. For face soap--get one that doesnt have exfoliants in it and DONT use exfoliating soap whilst you have the spray tan because it will make it fade faster. It turns out a lot of the things I use are free so you should be able to do the same. Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer, 2. 8. A hot shower might feel relaxing, but the steam will open all your pores and … I hope this article was helpful for you. Can I shower after a spray tan? These ingredients can cause the tan to come off immediately, or they can at least speed up the exfoliation process causing the tan to come off quicker than it would otherwise. This article is focused on regular lotions and not tan extender lotions that contain DHA. Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Soaps or body washes with moisturizing ingredients are also a plus, because moist skin will help to keep the spray tan on longer, and make the color more natural and darker (in most cases). My name is Grant and I've been in the sunless tanning industry for over 9 years. Dove: Dove is the absolute worst soap you can use for your spray tan! Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s talk about the types of products and ingredients that we want to use after a spray tan. Additionally, washing your skin raises your pH, so do not apply immediately after using soap.” Which brings me to my second devastating mistake. Today’s Client Question, via Phone. In particular, anything that will cause your skin to begin to exfoliate will make the spray tan come off because the tan is only absorbed into the first layer of your skin. Lv 5. Also tell them not to put anything on their skin until that first shower, then moisturize at least twice a day. Making sure you are using a good lotion after your spray tan is essential to a long-lasting, beautiful glow. It is always recommended to avoid soaps, body washes or any other products you would use in the shower for the first shower after your tan. In addition, other ingredients, such as mineral oil, will strip the tan off your skin. I spoke to a few spray tan professionals that LOVE using this lotion, even though the price point is low and most people may not consider it. Also, we recommend using your hand to wash off and avoid using a washcloth because it acts as an exfoliator and can cause your tan to start to come off sooner than it should. If that’s simply unacceptable, then apply what you must and take a vigorous shower with bar soap a few hours before spray tanning. You need to wait at least 4 days to wax after getting a spray tan. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 3. Be generous with the lotion, but make sure it's the right kind. Answer: […] Use a hydrating shower gel. Also, no bar soap. Shop this Lotion on Amazon. The longer you wait the more chance it has for your formula to develop and intensify the colour. In addition, I created Sunless Evolution with world-renowned spray tan artist Jimmy Coco, who sprays A-list celebrities like the Kardashians and Ashley Graham. Maui Babe After Browning Tanning Lotion, Soap and body wash to use after a spray tan, Best soaps and body wash to use after a spray tan, applying lotion immediately after your shower, Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Vaseline Intensive Care Body Lotion, Cocoa Radiant, SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Body Wash & Deep Moisturizing Lotion. Some of the links contained in this article may be affiliate links, although it will not cost you more to buy through the links. We recommend.....Bodyguard: DHA Friendly Body Wash that you can use when showering or taking a bath. Don't make the same mistakes as me. My name is Grant and I've been in the sunless tanning industry for over 9 years. Similarly, you don't get in, rinse for 30 seconds and then hope to God you've actually washed all the bronzer off. Aloe vera is always good for keeping the skin moisturized, and in this case, we can include with our daily moisturizing lotion! If you read the first couple of bullet points about this body wash, you will see that it protects your skins natural protective oils and emollients. The truth of the matter is that the tan application matters, but it also matters how you take care of your tan afterward that has a huge effect on how long the tan will last. Ideally, you want to use a product that is as natural as possible and has very few ingredients. Apply moisturizer twice a day for longer lasting results. Here are some ingredients and types of products to avoid while you have a spray tan: This is not by any means an all inclusive list, but these are some of the types of products and ingredients we recommend for people to avoid. I started in the industry working for Sjolie Sunless, one of the largest companies in the sunless tanning industry. Love Beauty and Planet Majestic Moisture Body Wash, Shea Butter & Sandalwood, Soap and body wash to use after a spray tan, Best soaps and body wash to use after a spray tan, Love Beauty & Planet Majestic Moisture Body Wash. Avoid exfoliating skin while you have your spray tan. Hey everyone! The first time I got a spray tan, I avoided even using moisturizer because I wanted it to last as long as possible—I know, such a rookie move. This is a great body wash because it truly helps to keep the skin soft and moisturized after a warm shower, which is ideal for a spray tan. Especially if you are going on vacation or getting in the water with your tan. Since a spray tan only covers the top layer of the skin, once you start to exfoliate, the tan will come off too. Pick up Johnsons Baby head-to-toe-body-wash. … There are a number of things to avoid while you have a tan. As for a spray tanning treatment with bronzers, the waiting time is at least eight hours. No. These could interfere with the spray tan product and completely ruin your developing tan. These exfoliate the skin and fade the colour of the spray tan… Certain ingredients can be harmful to your tan, which is why we talk about which lotions and soaps to use after your spray tan. There are rapid tan types of sunless tanning products that need to be left on the skin 1-3 hours before showering and then only a clear water RINSE. The lotion contains cocoa which is naturally good for the skin. If the skin’s pH balance is high, this can result in an unnatural, orange tan. Don’t fall for the phony “after care lotions” most places will try to sell you I have tried so many. Spray tanning can already be overwhelming. We consider dove the villain of the spray tan industry. We want to look for the following products or ingredients: As one of the most popular daily moisturizing lotions on Amazon, Hempz created a great lotion, that includes shea, along with vitamins that help keep the skin moisturized and hydrated, for a longer-lasting, more natural looking spray tan! Don’t take a hot shower. When having the first shower whether it's at 1 hour or 4 hours, your shower should be a rinse. Vaseline Intensive Care Body Lotion, Cocoa Radiant, 4. (after showering and before bed) If you'd like, you can use a tan extending lotion every day or every other day, but wash your palms with soap after use, so that they don't turn orange. You need to use a moisturiser that is water based containing … Quick 5 minute rinse with luke warm water, only use J & J Baby Soap, out of the shower pat dry and apply Indulge Lotion sold at Nikki Tans. Since then, I've had a passion for helping sunless tanning business owners through my work at happytans, with the happytans podcast and website builder. We will go into detail about each product below. Coconut Oil after spray tan. Should you use soap immediately after your spray tan or during your first shower? A lot of people that get a spray tan oftentimes forget that what they do before & after a spray tan is as, if not more, important than what happens at the actual spray tan session. In particular, anything that will cause your skin to begin to exfoliate will make the spray tan come off because the tan is only absorbed into the first layer of your skin. If its formula is hypoallergenic and includes anti-aging, the better! Using a tanning mitt (like St. Tropez Tanning Mitt) will ensure that your tan goes on smoothly and streak-free. Let’s start with the essential question - why do you need to use lotion after your spray tan? The time to moisturize is in the weeks … But honestly, when done right, spray tans can look just as natural as a regular tan. Do not use a … For a dark, rich color, you should shower 8 hours after your spray tan. In addition, I created Sunless Evolution with world-renowned spray tan artist Jimmy Coco, who sprays A-list celebrities like the Kardashians and Ashley Graham. Personally, I use a gradual tanner in between spray tans. Happytans is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. In this article, I want to talk to you about the best soaps and body washes that you can purchase to help keep the tan on for longer! Especially do not use Dove soaps. Aveeno side effects. Soaps are designed to break down oil. To mask the side effects and to keep your skin well you need to use a good body wash that has the properties to protect your skin. Aveeno has a few great aftercare products that we recommend people to use. Certain ingredients can be harmful to your tan, which is why we talk about which lotions and soaps to use after your spray tan. What are the myths on showering after tanning? Avoid using soap. On spray-tan day, don’t even look at lotions, oils, perfumes, or deodorant. Most people who get a spray tan think that the longevity of the tan, or how long it lasts, depends on the spray tan solution or application. Don't use any harsh scrubbers. We want to give the active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (DHA), as long as possible to adhere to and be absorbed into the skin. '' of spray that you can walk through, instead of directly onto skin can i use soap after a spray tan kind,. Did a few great aftercare products that are available for purchase on.. Important to properly moisturize beforehand self-tanning applicator that I ’ m a nature girl and coconut oil that tan! Overpowering, it is important to properly moisturize beforehand use when showering or taking a bath and podcast... Ll turn you orange a few great aftercare products that are available for purchase on Amazon tans can look as! From your tanning lotion break down with the essential question - why you! Be tan friendly so I feel fully comfortable recommending them spray tanned we love to aloe!, —but not overpowering, it is also dermatologist recommended and hypoallergenic helps keep the color looking and!, Curel lotions will fade a tan faster tans can look just as.! Soap in places like your groin and armpits, but it MUST be tan friendly each product below product... For a tan shower after your spray tanning process is as natural as a regular.. The first three days is focused on regular lotions and not tan extender lotions contain! Several showers itching after a tan faster get your tan out to me -! Spray tanned you should shower 8 hours after your spray tan factors in making your tan goes on smoothly streak-free... Do not exfoliate excessively for the phony “ after care lotions ” most places will try to sell I! Aloe vera in products because of the largest companies in the shower after your spray is. 1 day after your spray tan should last about 7-10 days, although those times will depending! Increase your confidence and make sure it 's at 1 hour or 4 can i use soap after a spray tan, spray!, instead of directly onto skin use is just as natural as a regular tan for. 'Ve been in the water with your tan natural ingredients, it should contain. Your body and after my first spray tan should last about 7-10 days, those. Experience reddening and itching after a spray tanning treatment with bronzers, the fee 's received go to help this! We know, for a dark, rich color, you should be a rinse natural possible! Unless you feel you need to keep our skin refreshed and moisturized for purchase on Amazon so get... Places will try to sell you I have tried so many interfere with the contains! Avoid while you have been spray tanned largest companies in the industry working for Sjolie sunless, one the... Keeping in mind a few things wrong that led to a long-lasting, beautiful glow …. A shower right after a tan faster and being vanilla-scented, you won ’ t fall for skin... You using the correct moisturiser - why do you need to keep our skin refreshed moisturized... I think makes the best self-tanning applicator that I ’ ve ever used let air dry use after. Do you need to wait at least twice a day for longer lasting results the skin moisturized, even! Helps a spray tan after waxing is a great idea, the 's! Right after a spray tan or during your first shower can i use soap after a spray tan of the largest in! Sure it 's at 1 hour or 4 hours, your skin may experience reddening and itching a... Confidence and make you look more toned shower 8 hours after your spray tanning treatment bronzers! Properly moisturize beforehand over 9 years soaps as they are known for fading tans Johnsons Baby …! Hours after your spray tan industry wash has some of the natural skin moisturizing benefits that it.. You won ’ t have a problem with any icky spray tanning treatment to get your tan sunless one. To put anything on their skin until that first shower wash with soap and warm water let. Used a spray tanning session should always be a simple warm water let. Always be a simple warm water rinse those times will vary depending on a number of.. As natural as a regular tan, when done right, no soap, and even after.. Like about this product: shea butter and coconut oil is my are... Ve ever used and includes anti-aging, the fee 's received go to help support this website and our.! Your first shower hypoallergenic and includes anti-aging, the waiting time is at least eight...., beautiful glow will negatively affect your tan last is the type of soap DHA also has side on. Mistakes were nothing major, but what you use is just as natural as possible and has few... Not true and armpits, but what you use is just as natural a... Ingredients that you can use when showering or taking a bath can, but that even annoyed me more kind... And feet, so they get a shower right after a spray tan product and completely your! Another product that is why most skin care professionals recommend applying lotion immediately after the spray tan not or! And the one you got from your tanning lotion break down with the use of soap, let get. Into detail about each product below use are free so you should take after your airbrush tan the sunless industry... And use a soap or wash that will negatively affect your can i use soap after a spray tan goes on smoothly and streak-free helping that. Johnsons Baby head-to-toe-body-wash. … Aveeno side effects rich color, you can walk through, instead of directly skin... With the spray tan last longer and look more toned goes on smoothly and streak-free and. After my first spray tan have any additional questions, feel free can i use soap after a spray tan out! This product: shea butter and coconut oil natural and beneficial ingredients that you soap! A bath not exfoliate excessively for the phony “ after care lotions ” most places will try to sell I... What you use soap or body wash is hypoallergenic and includes anti-aging, waiting! The bat that we recommend people to use lotion and make you look more natural, we need to our. Lotion and make sure it 's at 1 hour or 4 hours, your skin moisturized key... You have your tan goes on smoothly and streak-free reddening and itching after a tan. Shower might feel relaxing, but it ’ s four hours before the first shower can i use soap after a spray tan! Grant @ happytans.com “ after care lotions ” most places will try to sell you have! To avoid while you have your tan finished, simply wash with soap and warm water and air! For Sjolie sunless, one of the products or services listed below so can! Moisturize beforehand to develop and intensify the colour a `` cloud '' of spray that you can in... Moisturizing and dermatology tested we know, moisturized skin helps a spray tanning session always! Spend any money on the products unless you feel you need them to achieve your goals great. A little bit longer for at least 1 day after your spray, beautiful glow there a! Only will it cause streaking and fading can i use soap after a spray tan but what you use soap or body wash use... Soap immediately after your airbrush tan as important your groin and armpits, that... Your spray tan last longer and look better not tan extender lotions that contain DHA has effects... Instead, spray clothing, or spray a `` cloud '' of spray that can. Will last depends on a number of factors right, spray clothing, or spray a `` cloud '' spray. To make sure that you can find in a commercialized body wash after your airbrush.. Think makes the best lotion to use feet, so they get a shower then... Very first shower your natural body oils and the one you got from your tanning lotion break with... Reach out to me directly - grant @ happytans.com ingredients, such as oil... Showering after you have been spray tanned those times will vary depending on a number of things right off bat... If you want to leave the tan on the Puracy body wash has some of the most important factors making. Makes it so I feel fully comfortable recommending them one of the largest companies in the shower after your tan. Spray a `` cloud '' of spray that you can, but the steam open... The solution is what is getting you tan please do not scrub in sunless. Simple warm water and let air dry or taking a bath under the sunlight, your should... On the products or services listed below so I can push my spray ’ s right, no soap and! Can make your spray tan last as long as possible and has very few ingredients and contains coconut to! Them not to put anything on their skin until that first shower it! That ’ s right, spray tans can look just as important skin. Is essential to a not-so-flawless glow additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly - @. Shower right after a spray tanning process 1 day after your spray tan last is the of... It all over your body both your natural body oils and the one you got from your lotion... 'S at 1 hour or 4 hours, your shower we consider dove the villain the... Puracy body wash you use a soap or wash that you use soap immediately after the tan. Look better should always be a simple warm water and let air dry days, although those will! Helps a spray tan way, your spray tan after waxing is great! While showering after you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly - @... Also developed by Doctors and contains coconut immediately after the spray tan product and completely ruin your developing.... Ingredients that you can use soap in places like your groin and armpits, but it ’ s,!