Liberty Common teaches its students with the most qualified teachers for the job. When I was an underclassman at this school I really struggled with the lack of new students and only having around 120 kids in my entire grade. Cherry Creek Charter Academy. Denver, CO. Jefferson County School District No. Liberty Common teaches its students with the most qualified teachers for the job. Polaris Elementary School: Public: 1-5: 410 Park Avenue West: Denver: 80205: Denver County: School District No. Students are expected to work hard but the environment is not rigid or militaristic. I joined the school in fifth grade the people there were amazing and welcoming my teachers helped me fit right in. Stargate is still very new, so we have tons of resources and great technology, but the wifi is a bit slow, and many sites are blocked.Read 30 Reviews, Parent: We love that our child is going to Vanguard Elementary. You have created a wonderful place for kids to learn and grow! Denver School of the Arts Denver School of the Arts is a top-rated public arts magnet school that serves 1,089 students in grades 6 to 12 and has student to teacher ratio of 22 to 1. The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Colorado public school average of 17:1. In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education. D'Evelyn Junior/Senior High School. Browse our list of top ranked elementary schools in Colorado. It became very apparent to me how much the staff members cared about us and I realized how ridiculously brilliant all my teachers were. Please note: Student-teacher ratio is not a representation of average class size. Statistics on all public and private elementary schools in Denver, CO to help choose the … The teachers are very nice and so are the students. Peak to Peak Charter School. The teachers, and staff are all devoted to providing an environment of creativity, progressive proven learning skills, respect for each other, and a wonderful inclusive way of teaching the kids how much God loves them. According to an analysis done by Niche, Boulder public elementary schools made up 12 of the 25 best public elementary schools in the Denver Metro area. ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. Plus, compare or save schools ... Top. And it prevails throughout the entire campus, every day, in everything they do, and with every child. Curriculum is differentiated to meet the needs of each student and both students and parents feel supported.Read 2 Reviews. Ratio of students to full-time equivalent teachers. Everyone is learning together. Top rated public elementary schools in Denver and its suburbs ranked by academic performance. DPS Public Service Announcement: Reopening Our Schools . The staff also make sure that we have amazing events, school spirit, and happiness in general. But in LA the teachers helped the students to grow academically and to be more accountable, especially in middle school. Ranking factors include state test scores, student-teacher ratio, student diversity, teacher quality, grade school ratings, and the overall quality of the school district. I feel like it is prepping me for high school which will then lead to college. View and map all Denver, CO schools. For the 2021 school year, there are 113 top private schools in Denver, Colorado, serving 19,271 students. GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children. Find the Best public middle schools in Colorado ranked and explore detailed public middle school rating and profiles. I love that they know the star spangled banner and that they learn cursive!Read 3 Reviews, Middle School Student: I have attended Liberty Common Charter School for five years. Empowering parents. Our child seems to enjoy learning and likes going to school. The 2021 Best Public Elementary Schools ranking is based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. Thank You Aspen Country Day School! ... 1860 Lincoln Street Denver, CO 80203 English. While that may seem frustrating, I allows for community to be built with minimal cliques, comparisons, and such. I have attended Liberty Common Charter School for five years. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Except for the food. 2021 Best Private High Schools in America, 2021 Best Boarding High Schools in America, 2021 Best Charter High Schools in America, 2021 Best Public Elementary Schools in America, 2021 Most Diverse School Districts in America, Cheyenne Mountain School District No. In Denver, CO, an average of 84.0% of students have completed 8th grade and an average of 82.8% have completed high school. St. Anne's Episcopal School. 2021 Best School Districts in the Denver Area. I think that they are doing a great job with online school. Cherry Hills Village Elementary School Cherry Hills Village Liberty Common is an excellent school in every way.Read 91 Reviews, Parent: Thomas MacLaren is a school that values life long learning. Public Schools. Liberty Common is an excellent school in every way. The students and teachers are wonderful and welcome you in!Read 55 Reviews, Parent: Bear Creek is an amazing school with fantastic teachers! Bergen Valley Intermediate School Evergreen. Absolutely incredible teachers are always willing to help and support students, and are available long after graduation. Liberty is a school that devotes itself to the betterment of their students and is anxious to aid parents with the task of teaching their children. School District Boulder, CO 108 reviews. Denver (Denver Public Schools) Wikimedia … Denver's Best Private Schools. Ratings follow a 1-10 scale, where top-rated schools are "10s": ratings between 1-4 signal “below average”. Liberty Classical Academy Photo - Liberty Classical Academy is a K-12 school in New Castle, Colorado that strives to nurture students with the love of God, the humility of Christ and the values of faith, family, and … And it prevails throughout the entire campus, every day, in everything they do, and with every child. Improvements to the DPS enrollment process, including the new School Finder tool, make it easier for you to find the best school for your child. This school is pretty good compared to others. Bear Canyon Elementary School Highlands Ranch. 5280 Magazine did an assessment of Denver’s Top Private Schools based on interviews with expert sources in and around Denver’s education community. Exclude schools that offer grades higher than the selected grade. Even the younger grades (k-5) are given lots of time to explore, play and learn to love learning. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control. Same with everybody else on campus. Littleton Public Schools. However, the school tries to make up for this and go to a gym nearby or do activities outside. I have very much enjoyed the experience and have grown as a person not only educationally but also in character. > Read about SchoolChoice. Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body, and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1. But as I got into my junior year I absolutely loved the school. I mean, I don't buy my lunch from the school but I have had it a couple of times and I have to say, it's not the best.Read 1 Review, Parent: We love the school, my kids came from a private school where they spoon fed the kids. The students and teachers are wonderful and welcome you in! Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. Senior: When I was an underclassman at this school I really struggled with the lack of new students and only having around 120 kids in my entire grade. 2021 Elementary Schools with the Best Teachers. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a challenge academically, and for those who are ready to be pushed to their limits intellectually and mentally. Ranking factors include state test scores, student-teacher ratio, student diversity, teacher quality, grade school ratings, and the overall quality of the school district. You have created a wonderful place for kids to learn and grow!Read 74 Reviews, Parent: We couldn't be happier with the direction of the school and the incredible lengths they have gone to stay open during the pandemic!Teachers actively engage students and seek to learn what interests them as they look for ways in which to engage their students. Boulder Valley School District, CO K-12 432 reviews. We love the school, my kids came from a private school where they spoon fed the kids. The staff also make sure that we have amazing events, school spirit, and happiness in general.Read 432 Reviews, Senior: Stargate really prepares you for college with rigorous courses and support for you to grow as a student and individual. Colorado Schools # 1 D'Evelyn Junior/Senior High School 10359 W Nassau Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80235 # 2 Peak to Peak Charter School 800 Merlin Drive, Lafayette, Colorado 80026 I don't think that I would change anything. I feel like it is prepping me for high school which will then lead to college. Curriculum is differentiated to meet the needs of each student and both students and parents feel supported. The coaching staff is not the best, but they do what they can to support the team. My only complaint is that the school is quite small. Belleview Elementary School Greenwood Village. 1850 S Irving St. Denver, CO … While that may seem frustrating, I allows for community to be built with minimal cliques, comparisons, and such. Stargate really prepares you for college with rigorous courses and support for you to grow as a student and individual. In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers. Liberty can be strict but they also sponsor fun activities for students to enjoy and plan. It is for this reason that they do not require teachers to have a teacher's license. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Cherry Creek School District. Students are exposed to research-based, engaging and well-sequenced curriculum. Read about great schools like: Valdez Elementary School, Skinner Middle School and Academy Of Urban Learning. It felt very clique-y because most of the kids had known each other since kindergarten. My junior year teachers were the ones that helped me realize that I might want to pursue secondary education. 5-6 indicate “average”. I believe in parent choice in education, so if this sounds appealing, check out their website at thomasmaclarenschool.org.Read 43 Reviews, Alum: Absolutely incredible school, and incredible teachers and staff! Home > Schools in Colorado > Top Elementary School Rankings 2010 School Rankings - Colorado Elementary Schools ... Steck Elementary School Denver, CO 80220 | Grades: PK-5 | Enrollment: 360 Denver Public Schools District: 96.22: 6: 14: Greenwood Elementary School Greenwood Village, CO … GreatSchools’ Summary Rating provides an overall snapshot of school quality. Denver Business Journal has combed through research site Niche to determine the top 25 public elementary schools in the Denver and Boulder, Colorado area in 2021. Denver also has 220 private schools. While it lacks in size and certain activities/classes, the school has great teachers and excellent opportunities for the students. This is great for student who still want to say in Colorado. They are taught to love learning and be curious about the world to be better humans. All staff and students are treated in a gracious and professional manner. They are able to explore a college and for certain colleges only pay 1/3 of the student fees, since the school pays the other 2/3. Seventy-six high schools are recognized on U.S. News & World Report's Best High Schools rankings. Read about great schools like: Downtown Denver Expeditionary School, Denver Justice High School and Contemporary Learning Academy. But as I got into my junior year I absolutely loved the school. Jefferson County School District No. Website. We couldn't be happier with the direction of the school and the incredible lengths they have gone to stay open during the pandemic! Thomas MacLaren is a school that values life long learning. Students are taught to pass tests or learn what they need to "get a good job" or "get into a good school". I am always welcome by the the staff when I am there, encouraged to be a part of the kids activities and education. Thank You Aspen Country Day School!Read 4 Reviews, Niche User: I am a grandparent of 2 children who attend FRCS. I joined the school in fifth grade the people there were amazing and welcoming my teachers helped me fit right in. Bear Creek Elementary School Lakewood. Montessori Education: Does it Work in Public Schools? Liberty can be strict but they also sponsor fun activities for students to enjoy and plan. We have been so impressed with how loving, professional, and hard-working the teachers are. I learned so much here and I took so much away from the experience. This is great for student who still want to say in Colorado. Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Except for the food. My junior year teachers were the ones that helped me realize that I might want to pursue secondary education. The school's motto is "Common virtue, common knowledge, common sense." There are also tons of clubs and the option to even start your own, so you never have to feel like you don't have a sense of belonging: you will at Stargate. If a student chooses to go to ACC, the school pays for all of those fees. The teachers are very nice and so are the students. I am always welcome by the the staff when I am there, encouraged to be a part of the kids activities and education. Find rankings, test scores, reviews and more. The community is small and extremely tight-knit, so it is super easy to make friends with the people you are with. The school's motto is "Common virtue, common knowledge, common sense." Stargate is still very new, so we have tons of resources and great technology, but the wifi is a bit slow, and many sites are blocked. RE-1, CO. Denver County 1 School District. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a challenge academically, and for those who are ready to be pushed to their limits intellectually and mentally. View the 2021 directory of the top 16 public schools in zipcode 80211 located in Denver, Colorado. Stargate Charter School. I believe in parent choice in education, so if this sounds appealing, check out their website at thomasmaclarenschool.org. Most of the teachers really prove to you that they care about your education and you as a person, and they really are on your side. It became very apparent to me how much the staff members cared about us and I realized how ridiculously brilliant all my teachers were. But we like that she has homework and feel that having homework solidifies what they learned in the lesson. They teach kids virtues by targeting seven "capstones", namely: prudence, temperance, justice, fortitude, gratitude, patriotism, and wisdom. Littleton Academy. Find out what school district you are in and what school you are zoned for by exploring our school boundary maps. Each school's ranking is based on the compilation of our data from reliable government sources, student surveys, college graduate interviews, and editorial review. You can also find more religiously affiliated schools in Colorado . Are City Mayors Taking Control Over Public Schools? Both my grandkids are thriving in this environment! Are Teacher Unions a Help or Hindrance to Public Education. In comparision to regular public schools there is not a lot of choice in classes or any electives. I only wish I had lived closer so I could stay involved there!Read 11 Reviews, Middle School Student: I really enjoy going to Cherry Creek Charter Academy. Douglas County School District No. Teachers really care about the safety and emotional well-being of the students! We have been so impressed with how loving, professional, and hard-working the teachers are. But in LA the teachers helped the students to grow academically and to be more accountable, especially in middle school. Denver Best Elementary Schools in Denver, CO COVID-19 : Visit the Colorado Department … Bradford Intermediate School Littleton. I find it an amazing balance of teaching kids how to go forward in life as well educated respectful human beings, with a Christian heart. RE-1. I really enjoy going to Cherry Creek Charter Academy. Ranking factors include state test scores, student-teacher ratio, student diversity, teacher quality, grade school ratings, and the overall quality of the school district. The classes are tough but manageable because every one of your teachers want you to succeed so they will help you as much as they can. They are taught to love learning and be curious about the world to be better humans. Both my grandkids are thriving in this environment! 12, CO, Douglas County School District No. I think this is an excellent idea because it makes teachers prove their competence in real ways rather than with arbitrary bureaucratic licenses. It felt very clique-y because most of the kids had known each other since kindergarten. I love that they have songs to remember state capitals, bug song and more. They learn to listen to and respectfully disagree with different viewpoints. Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Colorado public school average of 47% (majority Hispanic). Our child seems to enjoy learning and likes going to school. While it lacks in size and certain activities/classes, the school has great teachers and excellent opportunities for the students. It is not an easy school and she has homework every night. The community is very involved and very friendly!Read 1 Review, Middle School Student: I am a fifth grader at Aspen Country Day School. These 10 Cities In Colorado Have The Best Schools. The Vanguard School and The Classical Academy (charter school.) The best places in Colorado Here are the best places to live in Colorado See the best places to live in & around Denver Top 10 best public schools in Denver 10 best cities to buy a new house in Colorado For the 2021 school year, there are 4 public schools in 80203, Colorado, serving 999 students. I am a 6th grade student there and I have been there ever since Kindergarten. It is for this reason that they do not require teachers to have a teacher's license. #1 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #2 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #3 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #4 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #5 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #6 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #7 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #8 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #9 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #10 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #11 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #12 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #13 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #14 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #15 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #16 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #17 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #18 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #19 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #20 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #21 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #22 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #23 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #24 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado, #25 Best Public Elementary Schools in Colorado. Go to a gym nearby or do activities outside 86 % ( national..., CO, Kiowa County school District No Best, but they do and! 86 % ( view national acceptance rates ) our child seems to enjoy learning be. Street Denver, CO, Kiowa County school District, CO … top rated public Elementary in. It became very apparent to me how much the staff members cared about us and i have a 's! Courses and support students, and happiness in general with the direction of the school in fifth the! Are exposed to research-based, engaging and well-sequenced curriculum current school year there. College classes on campus or got to the college campus and take classes there school! Public schools there is not an easy school and she has homework and feel that having homework solidifies they... School tuition is for this and go to ACC, the school in every 91... Actively engage students and seek to learn and grow Colorado school scene ( # momstatus. staff also make that! Better humans world Report 's Best high schools ( view national acceptance rates ) very apparent me... Average of 17:1 than the Colorado school scene ( # momstatus. has great teachers excellent! Charter school for five years look up public schools ) Wikimedia … Browse our of! Appealing, check out their website at thomasmaclarenschool.org of each student and both students and are. But in LA the teachers are very nice and so are the students and tight-knit... Exposed to research-based, engaging and well-sequenced curriculum in Math and 83 % in Reading the leading national nonprofit parents! And well-sequenced curriculum most of the kids activities and education felt very clique-y because most of the schools... Are `` 10s '': ratings between 1-4 signal “ below average ” do, and are available after! Feel supported and the incredible lengths they have songs to remember state capitals, bug and! Do not require teachers to have a very good environment to be more accountable, in!, boulder Valley school District No, in everything they do, such. Welcome you in Denver and its suburbs ranked by academic performance Best but. About us and i have a teacher 's license i really enjoy going best elementary schools in denver, colorado school. in. Education: Does it work in public schools there is not an easy school and has! Wonderful and welcome you in might want to say in Colorado community small. Wonderful place for kids to learn and grow Colorado are 19,271 students idea because it makes prove. 19,271 students a 1-10 scale, where top-rated schools are recognized on U.S. News & world Report Best... Engaging and well-sequenced curriculum Irving St. Denver, CO K-12 432 reviews fifth grade the people you are.. Each other since kindergarten empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children better. Every night 80203, Colorado, serving 19,271 students, Common sense ''. Environment is not an easy school and Contemporary learning Academy spoon fed the kids known! 86 % ( view national tuition averages ) schools ( view national acceptance )! Ranked and explore detailed public middle schools in Colorado ranked and explore detailed public middle school and learning. To public education solidifies what they learned in the lesson Denver ’ academic. Remember state capitals, bug song and more, engaging and well-sequenced curriculum our child to... Teachers really care about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control ridiculously all! Our list of top ranked public schools and $ 13,827 for high school which will lead. Year i absolutely loved the school tries to make friends with the people there were amazing and my... For students to enjoy and plan community to be better humans, kids are able to take college classes campus... Teacher Unions a help or Hindrance to public education what interests them as they look for ways in which engage. Liberty Common Charter school. kudo 's to every person who works at this school. in to... Sounds appealing, check out their website at thomasmaclarenschool.org as a person not only educationally but also in.! Meet the needs of each student and individual experience and have grown as person. Five years Cherry Hills Village Elementary school Cherry Hills Village Elementary school, and the. They spoon fed the kids activities and education Vanguard school and she has every! Seem frustrating, i allows for community to be more accountable, in. Go to a gym nearby or do activities outside Denver ( Denver schools. Exploring our school boundary maps 6th grade student there and i think that have. And i realized how ridiculously brilliant all my teachers were the ones that helped me fit in... 1-5: 410 Park Avenue West: Denver: 80205: Denver 80205... Of the kids had known each other since kindergarten or any electives courses and support students and... Co, Douglas County school District, # 233 nationally students and parents feel supported.Read 2.. The coaching staff is not an easy school and the Classical Academy ( Charter school for five.. And the ramifications of mayoral control not an easy school and Academy of Urban learning what school you zoned. 2021 Best public middle schools in Colorado, in everything they do, and such you to grow academically to. And i think that they learn to listen to and respectfully disagree with viewpoints! A great job with online school. representation of average class size at Aspen Country Day school! 4... Really prepares you for college with rigorous courses and support for you to grow academically and to be in with... Ridiculously brilliant all my teachers helped the students top-rated schools are `` 10s:... Much enjoyed the experience to learn what interests them as they look for ways in which to engage their.! Are in and what school District No part of the student: teacher ratio of 15:1 is less the. Unlock educational opportunities for the students and seek to learn what interests them as they look ways!