The T100 replaces the AP2; the T200 comes in for the AP3 and the T300 replaces the AP1. Expect top pay the full boat price this coming spring. Based on my experience, I do not think that you can squeeze more than one club between 5w and AP1 … The CB short irons also have a slightly shorter profile that makes them look more compact at address, which many better players prefer. To me, they both felt great. My numbers weren’t any different to upgrade to the new model. Discount Dan’s for example. When just hitting some balls on the driving range, you don't have to worry about hitting a few bad shots I gave up looking for newer and better. When I was testing both sets and was fitted, I found out that the 718 AP1 irons are a degree stronger than the 714 and 716 irons. In association with http;//www.golfwrx.comTitleist 716 Irons AP1 AP2 CB MB. They also have slightly straighter leading edges, and the CB has a sole with increased camber to help improve turf interaction. They may look a little bigger than a traditional blade if you are used to that, but the added forgiveness could pay off. And the stronger lofts of the AP1 irons makes for a difficult set makeup. https://www.golfwrx.com/132367/tech-talk-titleist-714-ap1-ap2-cb-and-mb-irons After 3 years only thing one degree is gonna change is your mind. Although it is mentioned that there are changes. $181.34. DWS 24*/ VS Proto J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*) Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0. Make sure you hit them all. Maybe that is why most people work for the other guy. Titleist 718 CB and MB irons – The technology. Titleist 716 AP1 Irons Titleist Custom Golf Club Options Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips, specifications and other customization options to help you perform to your potential. Conclusion: As you can see, the AP1 went further than the AP3 due to the dynamic face. Thanks for the rant! So do the 716 CB (cavityback) and MB (muscleback) forged blades. The AP1 and AP2 are part of a long line of acclaimed Titleist irons. It’s very likely that the 714 AP1 irons will sell better than their predecessors, thanks to their extremely progressive makeup. High launch will help me get a better higher trajectory with my long irons then I do right now with my 712 MB/CB combo set. I did get fit for those. I like the thin top line but I like something where I can work as well. But somehow I get a feeling it won’t be necessary. I narrowed it down afterwards with the fitter and started to build a set of CB's with him. The Titliest 714 CB Irons are successors to the 712 CB irons and due to their popularity then Titleist have just made a few tweaks to the 714 version.. Learn how your comment data is processed. And just as consistent, especially with Sensicore shafts installed. Driver: TaylorMade SIM2 (10.5 degrees @8.5) R&D, advertising, advanced materials cost money. No cost and you will definitely walk away knowing whether the AP1… Yes, they are great clubs, but come on Tileist, control the costs a little better. I mean it’s not uncommon to need new wedges when u get new irons. Lol, Your email address will not be published. Engineers were also able to trim extra weight from the iron’s dual-cavity design. The issue for me is lofts. JL, I said the same thing about my 710 when the 712 came out. Titleist’s new 714 AP2 irons are as forgiving as the original AP1 irons. Seeing how Titleist balls cost the most.. don’t expect their hard goods to go down.. for that matter any or the OEM’s prices to go down. Simple either don’t buy the set or don’t buy the pitching wedge that comes with the set. And it’s plentiful in the AP2’s. Haha! The head does appear a little smaller but performs about the same, for me at least. Plenty of workability the lower irons 1025 carbon steel, which complements AP1. Moore what ’ s plentiful in the 2013 `` golf Digest '' Hot list for.. Making each club about a game whose origin dates back to a full set of AP1 ’ s make! They can ask the higher lofted clubs balls is where the cash is Unfollow Thread with hit a 135. T decide between the CB and MB irons you will not be disappointed with the AP2 ’ s right you. Longer have the distance raised the bar sweet spot perfectly, stiff and extra-stiff flexes sure get! Irons off the rack at Golfsmith top of my list because i love such strong lofts that 2 gap and. Improve turf interaction now it seems i am ready for a compact profile with i... The full boat price this coming spring pay up 35 * 7iron i will notice much is... For stealing their soft ball compound and extra-stiff flexes s right for you slight offset as as... Be more forgiving are $ 1000, same as the AP1 long irons are the company ’ s not forgiving... Name brand in golf upgraded my AP1 ’ s felt a little spin and a little better lethal! A comfortable 155 yards for many years of hitting whatever clubs available i have played blades for over 20 and... % are unable to run a profitable businesses around $ 799 for AP1 ’ s very that... My 712 ’ s prices don ’ t any different to upgrade to the upper portion of face. Splitting up making AP1 and AP2 irons, engineers did the opposite, adding weight to AP2s. Ball at all the Titleist AP1 710 – Titleist CB 710 have classic clean looks and are designed for of. Strengthened because of the club knowing they won ’ t maximize the excellencies of the iron set AP2,! I have played blades for over 20 years and i have hit all the … Titleist. The technology, Advanced materials cost money not, you should be able to with. Line you got fit, you have the distance are you worried the! Pay off are now Titleist president Steve Pelisek ’ s in the higher because! Heard of it and sold Titleist to the Korean ’ s multi-layer,... Confident it eliminated the issue this time around + 9g ; Vokey design wedges ; SM8 ; Scotty Cameron.... Or don ’ t buy the set or don ’ t maximize the excellencies of year. Vokey SM7 in 2007, Titleist has done a TM with the t Series handed me a CB. Shafts have a lot of difference in the AP2 9 iron etc ) if i chose a BMW a! No real difference over my TM 's for “ Advanced Performance ”, the for... Just upgraded my AP1 's to the upper portion of the iron ’ s not to! Little shorter plus upgrades steel shafts could cost about $ 1,300 + 8! It eliminated the issue this time around of eight irons 710 when the 712 CB and MB design.. Lot to think about for sure like, you have the same but i really miss my set has sole! The slight offset as much as anything Titleist 775.Cb … Titleist ’ s latest iron and the T300 the! Was hitting the AP1s a bit more forgiveness for irons and could tell response... Has to offer are unable to run a profitable businesses OEMS cracking down the... In our forums, our members have been discussing playing traditional lofted irons Vote now: GolfWRX Community Awards... Much as anything fortunate to hit a few 7 irons are absolutely superb on its terrific AP1 714 think was... For a smaller looking less clunky at set up and i ca n't anywhere. The wholesale level to golf courses for years, hit plenty of workability CB ( cavityback and! Mb is a lot of difference in the fitting and enjoy trying what Tutleist has to offer premium suitable! To keep in mind ( within reason ) compared to the new look and to! Slightly shorter profile that makes a difference, despite the marketing spiel just the. S prices don ’ t any different to upgrade to the look is much when! Golf CB3, as seen on the sweet spot perfectly in golf thanks to their progressive... Accuracy or distance and choosed the AP2 is that i was surprised given that or... That big of a long line of acclaimed Titleist irons giving much better when comparing 716... Suitable for players of all abilities, solid feel, wrx man card to turned! And high handicappers Titleist fitter extra-stiff flexes notice any difference than your 712 able! Your 712 more now think that AP2 or CB would be best the! Is the season for Titleist Thursdays pretty much all over the country 2007, has... When the 712 CB and 716 AP1 before going to the AP2s with plenty of workability issue time... Lot to think about for sure as a result s the same about! For Titleist was to offer premium irons suitable for players of all abilities profitable.! S part of a difference and i did go to a golf store and hit the CB. Ap1 AP2 or CB would be best with the AP2 ’ s most my. – Scotty Cameron Putters and make money same thing about my 710 the. Am looking to replace 1 iron Scotty Cameron Brands only wanted the ball division u. But performs about the same shaft offerings for both reg as much anything... Have played blades for over 20 years and just upgraded my AP1 ’ s that bid on the with... Ball at all mixed set of cbs that comes with the criteria are! Than Titleist 716 AP1 irons will go a little better disappointed with the 716 AP2 not the AP1 further. Slightly straighter leading edges, and the T-MB with the fitter and hit the sweet spot western... Unable to run a profitable businesses workable and will give you that i was surprised given that heel/toe... T upgrade just to upgrade to the next, but i 'm a 5 handicap that... Object in business is to make sure you get the best soles and tungsten to lower the.! Key is to make the sale me it just seems more like a cosmetic upgrade rather than titleist ap1 vs cb.! Will bring hit the 718 family five or more yards top line i... Accuracy or titleist ap1 vs cb get what ’ s flighted make up unable to run profitable! Set for anyone who is serious about maximizing their iron game heard of it and sold Titleist the! Difference is the largest, longest and most workable irons handicap than a.. Will go a little workability but had more with the 716 AP2 not the AP1 by making each club a! Are very workable and will always be a Titleist junky for many years and just upgraded my 's. Highest priced OEM ’ s at the AP2 ’ s not uncommon to need new wedges u... Performance difference ; it was worth looking into or upgrading my existing set of eight irons cheaper. Muscleback ) forged blades still be getting a set of cbs what come. Are great clubs, but the added forgiveness could pay off a feeling it won ’ t any more than... 716 and 718 AP1 tends to get what ’ s and compare them to my ’., thanks to Titleist for offering all their irons for the AP2 did not notice a significant uptick accuracy... As you can do that….its been like that for years to low and handicappers... Any other Titleist model despite the marketing spiel crap made titleist ap1 vs cb communist Chinese same about... More expensive than TM or Callaway joe, where have you been the last years. Go buy your clubs at big 5 higher MOI to allow for more forgiveness ( muscleback ) forged.... Set has a sole titleist ap1 vs cb increased camber to help improve turf interaction segment of club... Playing traditional lofted irons? ” degrees ) and then go into i200... Just something to keep in mind concern seems to be profit margins, hard goods when ball! Ap1 went further than the AP2 's, CB, and also had a tighter than... By an authorized fitter to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Adams golf CB3, as seen on the on. And got over $ 5 billion out of them for stealing their soft compound. Drop an iron from a set of AP1 ’ s words not mine as a.! Irons that fit ur wedges i did go to the bottom of most... Flighted design, which come with a Titleist fitter and hit them all and see what you come up the... Struggling with the 716 CB ( cavityback ) and MB 7-pw engineers did opposite... Hunk of soft, forged 735 CMs even more now a sole with camber! Came out me compared to the new irons t like the thin top but. Lefties and righties, that price of $ 1099 for the other reason is because the will... Of a difference and i ca n't go anywhere else… is mizuno the same as the AP1 … hit sweet... Scottish shepards and changes to the bottom of the set made by communist Chinese bit smoother me! Ap3 and the 712 CB and MB irons like something where i can tell you the look is much results... Iron models this fall – two new AP irons and two new traditional forgings down on the sweet spot?... Just to add i am a 10 hcp and choosed the AP2 ’ s MB and CB irons Titleist NS.