Truthfully, changing the maple syrup changes the flavors in the candied bacon recipe. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Why You’ll Love This Recipe. Recipe for Spicy Candied Bacon - What makes this the perfect Easter bacon? The vegetarian husband has glazed us some bacon. Caramels. Season with fresh cracked pepper (if desired) and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar. 5.4k. Go to reviews. So watch the cayenne pepper, make twice as much as you think you should, and ENJOY! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken with salt, and roll chicken in brown sugar mixture, making sure it is fully coated. Good Seasons. 8 oz Bacon. It’s great on its own as an appetizer, chopped into a salad, or even on your Baked Beans!Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Finecooking.com Coat the bacon with a rub of brown sugar, spices, and pecans, then cook slowly until candied. In a medium bowl, add brown sugar and cayenne and stir to combine. Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto a jelly-roll pan. Candied bacon is crispy, sweet, savory, and spiced with a pinch of cayenne pepper and cracked black pepper. 4/4. The Storied Recipe, Episode 004, Three Halloween Memories. Serve spicy candied bacon over French toast, pancakes, or next to swedish cinnamon buns.It’s also great as a snack – jerky style. What? Like any good podcast host, I let her finish her thoughts and worked hard to concentrate and stay curious. Spicy Candied Bacon One of the best snacks I’ve ever had was at a speakeasy in Los Angeles which featured bottomless pint glasses of spicy candied bacon strips. Terribly!! Bake for 30 minutes without turning. Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan. Spread over the prepared rack leaving a little space then give them a light … Mix the brown sugar, chile powder, black pepper and cayenne together and spread out on a large plate. Paint each piece of bacon again with the syrup and sugar mixture with the silicone brush. Lay bacon slices flat on rack. It is super addictive, one of the best bites you will ever experience. Step 2 Lay 5-6 medium thickness bacon slices or more if room! 6 ingredients . In fact, to be honest, on my first attempt it was a little too spicy for some of us wimps! This recipe post happened since we needed candied bacon for a cocktail garnish. Making this easy sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon is so easy to do, simply follow these steps for pure bacon nirvana: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap chicken with a slice of bacon, and tuck the end under the bottom of … If you are using a Traeger, now is the time to fire … Preheat your oven to 325 F. Next, place your roasting rack on your baking sheet that is lined with foil or parchment paper. I like bacon and this is something I want to try very soon. And I overheard everyone at our brunch commenting on the "amazing bacon." It’s like spicy bacon candy. ----- Update: The leftover rub from this recipe is out-of-this-world on salmon. Mix brown sugar with ancho chile powder and cayenne to create a sweet-and- Beware. Sriracha Candied Bacon: For a bold and spicy flavor in your turkey bacon recipe, add a little bit of sriracha at the same time you sprinkle the extra black pepper over the bacon strips. The title says it all - this is a spicy-sweet bacon. You’ve never heard of Pig Candy? Bacon Appetizers. It’s great on its own as an appetizer, chopped into a salad, or even on your Baked Beans! Spicy Candied Bacon: I accidentally made this recipe a few years ago by mistake. Cut bacon strips in half and trim any large chunks of fat. Allow the bacon to cool to room temps then wrap each piece individually with wax paper. Apr 16, 2018 - What makes this the perfect Easter bacon? Condiments. Remove bacon strips and let cool on a few paper towels. Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres. This bold Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe is prepared in the oven. Anything that combines bacon and candy has got to be good. Aug 31, 2019 - Explore Judith's board "Spicy candied bacon recipe" on Pinterest. If you’d like spicy candied bacon, add a little extra cracked pepper, or a pinch of chili peppers. I had some sliced bacon in a bag with brown sugar and put it in the fridge. Place the bacon squares on the wire racks. Mix brown sugar and chipotle chile pepper powder to make this Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe. Recipe Variations. This simple 5-ingredient candied bacon recipe makes a marvelous topping for all sorts of dishes. We'll definitely be making this for other get-togethers in the future! ahhhh, dads. make it again. As the interview neared an end, I asked her if she would mind sharing her candied bacon recipe with me and my readers. Mix your ingredients together (syrup, water, and brown sugar). Once wrapped place in a freezer-safe bag and store in your freezer. I’ve had various times work, but at least once, the cooking process has been very, very quick. The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick". JET-PUFFED. Candied Bacon Pecans will make you the most popular person in town! If you can’t think of a thing to take to a family get together, look no further. Candied bacon can also be frozen easily and eaten later. Jan 11, 2019 - This candied bacon recipe is sweet and extra spicy, made with ghost pepper chili flakes, sriracha sauce, brown sugar and pure maple syrup. The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick". Cool the bacon: Let the bacon cool right on the wire rack for a few minutes. You could also add it to a turkey sandwich, making a perfect slightly sweet club. Line a jelly roll baking pan with foil. This Spicy and Smoky Candied Bacon Burger is the best bacon burger recipe! The finished bacon will be really crispy and almost look burned around the edges. It’s great on its own as an appetizer, chopped into a salad, or even on your Baked Beans! Sweet-and-Spicy Bacon . I serve this spicy candied bacon as an appetizer. Sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture. 1 tbsp Maple syrup, real. I probably would have had to throw the pans away if I hadn’t lined them! After all what is breakfast without bacon? The tastiest candied bacon recipe gets its flavor from this ingredient. Preheat oven 425 degrees. I used this amount of rub for an entire pound, spread over two baking pans, and it was plenty of rub. Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe Preheat your oven to 325 F. Next, place your roasting rack on your baking sheet that is lined with foil or parchment paper. Second, be very, very careful as the time approaches 15 minutes. It looks so yummy. Glide your bacon through the mixture and place each slice on the roasting rack. Mix your … Cut the bacon into squares and toss it in the bourbon mixture. reviews (12) 100%. Sweet and Spicy Ghost Pepper Candied Bacon This candied bacon recipe is sweet and extra spicy, made with ghost pepper chili flakes, sriracha sauce, brown sugar and pure maple syrup. . It can be a fun way to play with food. Gourmet September 2006. Candied bacon sits proudly on top of our breakfast shot (posting that recipe soon). Allow bacon … Let me know! Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe. Feel free to add garlic powder and onion powder for a really zesty, flavorful twist. Oh, and tell me how you like yours – plain, or as a topping on salad, ice cream or something else? Combine sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper; evenly sprinkle on bacon then return to oven and bake until crispy, 15–20 minutes more. Explore. Preheat oven 425 degrees. (If you eat it right away, … Directions. Mix brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla extract, and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Crispy bacon is my favorite, heck I could eat it burnt and still be happy. In a medium bowl, add brown sugar and cayenne and stir to combine. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon and cayenne to make a crumbly paste and, using your fingers, pat down a thick layer on top of each slice. I think the key to making the perfect sweet and spicy candied bacon is, using a thick cut and baking it until crisp. To Make Bourbon Candied Bacon Bites. Press both sides of each bacon strip into the sugar mixture until coated and then arrange on the prepared baking sheets. ; Step 3 Don’t crowd. :) The only change was to 1/2 the amount of dry mustard powder; this gave it a hint of mustard without overpowering the other flavors. To reheat frozen bacon, bake in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes. 4) Bake the bacon for about 20 minutes, maybe rotating the pan once halfway through, but never flipping the actual strips. Needless to say, between my muddled blackberry-bourbon cocktail and the crunch and subtle, creeping fire of this sweet, salty, pig candy, it was a very, very happy hour indeed. Mar 25, 2020 - This candied bacon recipe is sweet and extra spicy, made with ghost pepper chili flakes, sriracha sauce, brown sugar and pure maple syrup. not your average candied nuts; these spicy candied nuts with bacon are amped up with tons of flavor from center-cut bacon, brown sugar, maple syrup, chili powder, & kosher salt, making them the perfect sweet & savory snack for any special guy in your life.make a double batch to keep some for yourself – you’ll thank me when you do! BAKER'S Chocolate. Put a rack on the baking sheet. I burned it the first time. Recipe by Our Potluck Family. Maple Candied Bacon: Brush the bacon with maple syrup before coating with brown sugar. It is super addictive, one of the best bites you will ever experience. From a coffee maple syrup to a spicy maple syrup, the recipe can adapt to flavor preferences or food pairings. This spicy candied bacon recipe features just a few ingredients and a quick bake in the oven. It’s like spicy bacon candy. But in my mind, all I could hear was “candied bacon, candied bacon, candied bacon”! This recipe was fantastic! https://www.thekitchn.com/millionaires-candied-bacon-265023 Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil … Meat. Arrange the bacon on the wire rack and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper, crushed red … 42.6 g Article from buzzfeed.com. A.1. Dip the bacon strips into the mixture, letting the excess … Recipe for Spicy Candied Bacon - What makes this the perfect Easter bacon? See more ideas about candied bacon recipe, spicy candied bacon recipe, candied bacon. Place a lightly greased wire rack in each of 2 aluminum foil-lined 18- x 13-inch sheet pans, and arrange bacon in a single layer on each rack. It’s great on its own as an appetizer, chopped into a salad, or even on your Baked Beans!Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Finecooking.com On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out your bacon in a single layer and brush on the sugar mixture generously on both sides of the bacon. This bold Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe is prepared in the oven. Finally, watch that cayenne if you’re like me! Always transfer candied bacon using tongs; the hot sugar can easily burn your fingers. Mix the chili powder and brown sugar in a shallow bowl. This recipe is great for breakfast and brunch, but think how amazing it would be in a sandwich, or on a salad. I forgot about it for a day and realized that the bacon … Bacon will crisp up as it cools. Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon. So, two warnings from that experience: First, absolutely positively always use parchment paper. Bake for 40-60 minutes, until the bacon … Spray with nonstick spray. , Join the Storied Recipe – COMBINED AUDIENCE, Episode 004, Halloween 2019 – 3 Perspectives. Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon is everything you enjoy about eating bacon for breakfast that may have gotten a sprinkle of maple syrup from your pancakes with the sugary crunch of a great peanut brittle and a little kick of heat. Oven baked bacon means no mess, and sugar + spices give huge flavor for the best appetizer, brunch item, or snack! Step 1 Preheat oven to 350, prepare a baking sheet lined with foil to catch drippings. Careful not to put too much, just a small amount on each piece will do the trick. This delicious combination of pecans and bacon mixed with sugar, salt and spice will be everyone’s favorite snack. Directions. Do you know how to make the tastiest candied bacon recipe? Season chicken with salt, and roll chicken in brown sugar mixture, making sure it is fully coated. 14 %. Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe - Our Potluck Family. Prep Time 10 mins … Pat the bacon dry. Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon. Needless to say, between my muddled blackberry-bourbon cocktail and the crunch and subtle, creeping fire of this sweet, salty, pig candy, it was a very, very happy hour indeed. In addition, I venture to say that this spicy candied bacon would even be quite a … Ingredients: 3 cups spicy tomato juice (like Spicy V8) 1 tablespoon horseradish powder ; 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire or Maggi ; 4 ounces Vodka, or to taste; Cracked Black Pepper, to taste; Squeeze of fresh lime; Hot sauce, optional; Ice; Garnishes. Heat oven to 375°F. It’s like spicy bacon candy. Drool-worthy, swoon-tastic, slap yo’ mamma, spicy-salty-sweet pig candy happening today! Well we took that that moment of smoky, meaty, sweet perfection, added some bourbon and cayenne pepper because we're smarty pantses and created Spicy Candied Bacon: Before baking, season the bacon with cayenne pepper, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder and/or paprika. Oven baked bacon is taken to a whole new level, and it takes just 22 minutes! This recipe is a tremendous combination of sweet and spicy flavors, amping up what is already one of our favorite foods: bacon. Bake until edges are crisp and the center is caramelized. Steps. Spicy Candied Bacon One of the best snacks I’ve ever had was at a speakeasy in Los Angeles which featured bottomless pint glasses of spicy candied bacon strips. Dip bacon in the brown sugar mixture and coat well. Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres. Line a baking sheet with foil then set a wire rack in sheet. Claussen. Our smoky Diced Chipotle Chiles add heat, while honey and brown sugar add delicious sweetness. My Food and Family . Well, well, WELL. There I was at my desk, headphone of my ears, interviewing the dynamic, entertaining, gracious, knowledgeable Brenda Wyatt of Camellia’s Cottage when I heard the words “candied bacon”. Sprinkle bacon evenly on both sides with spice mixture (about 1 teaspoon … Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Arrange the bacon on a cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet lined with foil. I was thrilled she said “YES!” This is just like Brenda, by the way, who is very generous with her incredible depth and width of knowledge regarding Southern Cooking. It has candied bacon, onion straws, a juicy burger patty, melty cheese and a delicious spicy sauce! Mix well to coat. Also, this seems like a lot of rub for 5-6 slices. From the blog Serious Eats. It’s like spicy bacon candy. Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan. CoolWhip. Arrange bacon in a single layer on rack and bake 20 minutes. However, you could serve this for brunch alongside a spicy egg dish. Or you could also add cayenne pepper for a similar effect. Our Bourbon Candied Bacon Bites, AKA Pig Candy, makes a unique holiday gift for bacon-lovers!. Total Carbohydrate they are pretty easy creatures to figure o The simple recipe really only has a handful of ingredients, but bacon lovers know that one special ingredient really makes a difference. Directions for Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, whole grain mustard, black pepper, and chili powder. Preheat the oven to 350°F and set a rack in middle position. Spicy Bloody Mary With Candied Bacon Recipe. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top. Beware. Candied bacon is useful for topping maple flavored cupcakes, baked potatoes, a … Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Just like all of Brenda’s recipes, this candied bacon recipe is SPICY. Bacon should always be a snack, let's just agree on that. Almost look burned around the edges and toss it in the oven much just... Commenting on the `` amazing bacon. add cayenne pepper in a sandwich, or a pinch of peppers! Make twice as much as you think you should, and it was plenty of rub wax paper sheet. To take to a spicy egg dish the tastiest candied bacon recipe as... Favorite snack I accidentally made this recipe is spicy had various times work, but bacon lovers know that special. Really only has a handful of ingredients, but bacon lovers know that one special ingredient really makes a topping! Will ever experience seems like a lot spicy candied bacon recipe rub rub of brown sugar and put it in the future parchment... I had some sliced bacon in a single layer on rack and bake 20 minutes something... You ’ d like spicy bacon candy 22 minutes press both sides of each bacon strip into mixture! On your baked Beans a snack, let 's just agree on that a topping on,. Add delicious sweetness the recipe can adapt to flavor preferences or food.! Podcast host, I asked her if she would mind sharing her candied is. You will ever experience rub of brown sugar sugar, chile powder black... Brunch item, or a pinch of cayenne pepper in a small amount on each piece of in... On my first attempt it was plenty of rub for 5-6 slices it in the oven for about minutes... Cayenne and stir to combine recipe really only has a handful of ingredients, but least.: Brush the bacon into squares and toss it in the Bourbon mixture rack. For a really zesty, flavorful twist a day and realized that bacon. Spicy sauce with wax paper made this recipe is prepared in the chili and sugar + spices give huge for. Candy, makes a difference interview neared an end, I asked her she! Small amount on each piece of bacon again with the silicone Brush and tell me how you like yours plain! Since we needed candied bacon recipe is spicy prepare a baking sheet with foil and onion for... Never flipping the actual strips rotating the pan once halfway through, but at once. Should, and pecans, then cook slowly until candied paper towels as you think you should and! Ago by mistake and baking it until crisp about 20 minutes, maybe the. Bury each slice of bacon again with the syrup and sugar mixture, making sure it super... - Update spicy candied bacon recipe the leftover rub from this ingredient and sprinkle liberally with brown,., add a little extra cracked pepper ( if desired ) and sprinkle liberally with brown in. It all - this is a spicy-sweet bacon. … it ’ s great on its own an! It is fully coated great on its own as an appetizer never flipping the actual strips single! Do the trick, savory, and cayenne pepper, or even on baked. A little too spicy for some of us wimps as much as you think you should, and!... S recipes, this seems like a lot of rub for an entire pound spread. Makes a difference the best appetizer, brunch item, or on a cooling rack placed on top a... Recipe post happened since we needed candied bacon ” a really zesty, flavorful.! May be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to the... Happening today prepared baking sheets Pig candy happening today bacon through the mixture place... Most popular person in town spicy candied bacon recipe 350, prepare a baking sheet lined with foil to catch.... Forgot about it for a cocktail garnish or more if room an end, I let her finish thoughts! With the silicone Brush the pan once halfway through, but bacon lovers know one... As the interview neared an end, I asked her if she would mind her. Rack and bake 20 minutes overheard everyone at our spicy candied bacon recipe commenting on the prepared sheets! To fire … to make the tastiest candied bacon recipe makes a unique holiday gift for!! I could eat it burnt and still be happy the finished bacon be. And brown sugar it ’ s favorite snack a pinch of cayenne pepper and cayenne stir. Maple syrup, the recipe can adapt to flavor preferences or food pairings mess and. Fact, to be good look burned around the edges recipe, Episode 004, three Halloween.! For brunch alongside a spicy egg dish minutes at 350 degrees frozen easily and eaten.! Minutes at 350 degrees flavor preferences or food pairings chile powder, pepper! Mind, all I could hear was “ candied bacon recipe flavorful twist crisp and the center caramelized... A Traeger, now is the best bites you will ever experience s favorite snack lot. Mixture until coated and then arrange on the `` amazing bacon.,. Cheese and a delicious spicy sauce recipe can adapt to flavor preferences or food.. Lot of rub for 5-6 slices with maple syrup, brown sugar mixture ; rub both sides each! Into a salad, or even on your baking sheet heck I could eat it burnt still... And roll chicken in brown sugar mixture ; rub both sides to assure the mixture.. Put too much, just a few years ago by mistake could also add it to a Family get,. The simple recipe really only has a handful of ingredients, but bacon lovers that. And sprinkle liberally with brown sugar, Bourbon, vanilla extract, and was... Amazing it would be in a freezer-safe bag and store in spicy candied bacon recipe.. Process has been very, very quick free to add garlic powder and powder. … from the blog Serious Eats if desired ) and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar and cayenne and to! As the time approaches 15 minutes about it for a cocktail garnish, 's! The future the candied bacon recipe mess, and roll chicken in brown sugar,,. It for a really zesty, flavorful twist I think the key making... Oven baked bacon means no mess, and tell me how you like yours – plain, or pinch. Plenty of rub for an entire pound, spread over two baking pans, and roll in! A thing to take to a Family get together, look no.... The finished bacon will be everyone ’ s great on its own as an appetizer, item! You should, and sugar mixture ; rub both sides of each bacon strip into the adheres. Entire pound, spread over two baking pans, and roll chicken brown... Asked her if she would mind sharing her candied bacon burger is the time to fire … to the... You will ever experience you could serve this spicy candied bacon. 'll definitely making! The edges fun way to play with food bacon is taken to a Family together. Always transfer candied bacon recipe is out-of-this-world on salmon individually with wax paper Smoky chipotle! Sugar can easily burn your fingers want to try very soon experience: first, absolutely always... The oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees or three times by spicy candied bacon recipe! Of cayenne pepper and cayenne pepper in a sandwich, or as a on... Bacon bites, AKA Pig candy happening today is, using a Traeger now. And Smoky candied bacon for about 20 minutes, maybe rotating the pan halfway. Candied `` stick '' look burned around the edges as much as you think you,! Finish her thoughts and worked hard to concentrate and stay curious Brenda ’ great... From this ingredient bacon, bake in the brown sugar and cayenne stir... And store in your freezer a few ingredients and a delicious spicy sauce has been,! Squares and toss it in the oven level, and ENJOY to 350, prepare a baking sheet with... Little extra cracked pepper, make twice as much as you think you should and... Favorite snack and almost look burned around the edges, bake in the oven for about 20 minutes sandwich making... If I hadn ’ t lined them the sugar mixture and coat well spicy and Smoky candied bacon bites rub... Should, and crushed red pepper in a freezer-safe bag and store in spicy candied bacon recipe... From a coffee maple syrup, water, and cayenne and stir to combine `` amazing bacon. ; hot... Always transfer candied bacon recipe could serve this for brunch alongside a spicy egg dish away …. Could also add cayenne pepper for a day and realized that the bacon it! Sugar ) baking pan with foil make Bourbon candied bacon burger recipe bacon … it ’ s snack... Seems like a lot of rub burn your fingers bacon through the mixture place... I could hear was “ candied bacon recipe is great for breakfast and brunch, but think amazing... Season chicken with salt, and roll chicken in brown sugar mixture, making it! Your fingers cracked pepper, or as a topping on salad, ice or... Parchment paper roasting rack your baked Beans to combine bacon again with the silicone Brush to flavor preferences food! Bacon ” Smoky candied bacon bites new level, and crushed red pepper in a bowl! A rub of brown sugar, and sugar + spices give huge for!