SYNC Using the Speed Dial Feature Dialling a number using the telephone keypad Set speed dial If you have an audio unit with a telephone Press the PHONE button. Is it possible to upgrade the system without losing these functions. Thanks... Jared, I've sent your question to our sales team, and they'll be contacting you via email soon. For immediate help, you can contact them via phone or chat. Crutchfield's car audio experts answer some of the most frequently asked questions about buying and installing a car stereo. You'd need a dash kit for the new receiver, and there isn't one on the market yet. I spent years writing about cars and motorsports for some magazines you might've heard of (emphasis on "might've") despite having only the most basic understanding of what a carburetor does. I have a 2010 Ford F-350 with Sync. It has the same plugs and harness as the original radio, making this a totally plug-and-play installation, no cutting wires! Comments may be edited for clarity. I was going along here reading and when I got to the 2014 F-250 you said they lose their Ford Sync completely. Ray, We haven't had a chance to look at a '16 Taurus yet, which is why we haven't posted any info. Apple CarPlay is a feature of Apple's iOS that requires a supporting infotainment system to function. Since 1974. I was completely and amazingly wrong. Someone will contact you soon to help out. JR interviews fellow employees about the gear they bought. Hi. For immediate help, you can contact them via phone or chat. Aftermarket GPS Navigation Car Stereo is specially designed to replace Chevrolet Silverado 2014-2... Aftermarket GPS Navigation Car Stereo is specially designed to replace Chevrolet Silverado 2014-2016 factory standard radio (No navigation) system. The iDatalink Maestro RR from Automotive Data Solutions is a $169.00 module that allows 5 Kenwood in-dash radios to communicate with Ford’s SYNC network. He said if you play music through ipod, you put your aftermarket stereo in "AUX" mode. Great company & fair deals! Website user interface is clean, easy to navigate & super helpful customer service. Depending on your decision about the dealership, give us a call. The actual steps involved vary from car to car, but this is a good example. Alfa Romeo 2005-2013 147 and GT Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo Radio Upgrade is specially designed to upgrade the Alfa Romeo 147 and GT factory radio. This is the old generation Impala. I can tell you they all fit except ones made specifically for a vehicle. The shipping responsiveness/tracking is excellent. Someone will contact you soon to help sort out what you might be able to do about integrating with your Sync system. Please advice. Genesis chose to ignore our category of higher end trim buyers and so, I have no ability to have Apple CarPlay working in my vehicle. Factory Radio Upgrades. 1-888-292-2575. We have a vast selection of adapters, accessories and other key components to improve your factory system. A few months ago I went to a local shop and they said it was not yet able to be done. Colt installed the receiver and the Maestro bundle himself, then used the straight­forward startup menu to set his preferences. If not I have a set I removed from my old Avant and then never used as the saloon already had an aftermarket radio in it. Gain navigation, smartphone controls, and hold onto your SYNC or UConnect functions With the iDatalink Maestro radio replacement package for 2006 and up Ford, Chrysler, GM, and VW vehicles, you can install a powerful navigation receiver … I've passed your question along to our team of Advisors. You can upgrade your speakers, though, so give us a call if you're interested! As for an upgrade, when you enter your vehicle's info into our Outfit My Car tool, you'll see which stereos (and speakers) fit your Edge. If you don’t, you can choose the Kenwood controls. Would a Maestro allow me to keep these features? Chrysler seems to be unable to fix the issue meanwhile all I'd like to do is listen to a complete song in peace. And if so, how much would that cost? Has anyone successfully replaced Sync 2, particularly a 2013 Ford Focus? Your installation do not take into consideration installing both a receiver and an amp. Doesn't show my steering wheel. If a call comes in the module cuts the sound to the stereo and plays the call/sync stuff through the front speakers. I'm debating on a double din touchscreen head unit for my 09 Ram 2500. The sound is horrible in this car. My question is- will the factory installed backup camera work on one of these units? It will not reset. 3 - will replacing it with an aftermarket stereo actually work? In order to hear audio from the SYNC system, you should pick a receiver with a rear AUX input. A module that permits Kenwood retail car radios to work with Ford SYNC systems is now shipping. You will lose sync and sirusxm but it looks so much nicer. We can totally help with this. Will this allow me to replace that? I installed this system in a 2012 Ford Super Duty with Sync. Nick, unfortunately the iDatalink will not, but we do have different harnesses that will allow you to retain factory features when you install a new stereo. or possibly keeping both stock and after market stereo running but located into glove department or somthing like that Thank you would help a lot. There may be differences between the years, depending on trim level. Crutchfield is servicemark of Crutchfield Corporation. I've been a Crutchfield customer for several decades. I have a 2016 Pathfinder stock head unit no nav no bluetooth stream. Discussion Starter • #1 • 5 mo ago. It has the same plugs and harness as the original radio, making this a totally plug-and-play installation, no cutting wires! With the 7" or 8.4" LCD receivers, radio replacement is not recommended. Eric, I've passed your question along to our team of Advisors. I'm hoping to do the install myself but in my younger years, I was never able to get my car's panels back on tightly so I'm hesitant to pull too much apart. Comments will display after being approved by our moderators. Very knowledgeable & always happy to help. I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE. When adding an aftermarket receiver, you need a steering wheel control adapter to keep the functionality and convenience of your steering wheel controls. SKU: CS-UPG-S2S3. “If you like the factory iPod controls, select that option. Thank you for this article. I have a 2017 ford fusion hybrid with the sync 1 system with the 4" screen... Is it possible for me to upgrade to this system with the Kenwood receiver. GM Navigation Systems. Figure 1. Any comments or suggestions on 1) if I can upgrade at all, and 2) if so, what's the best recommended upgrade and the best services to do the upgrade? Sort By. Jump to Latest Follow ... Use your Torx screws to place the black plastic mount for the Sync 2/3 system on the mounting points (there are predrilled holes there!) While trying to flash firmware. What would be the best options for me and a potential cost? Can't ask for anything more! The Ford Transit can be upgraded with an aftermarket radio and we’ll show you how in the following article. This is not an unknown thing, and there might be a fix out there. Add to Cart. Tony, A double-DIN receiver will fit, though you'll have to do some very minor filing on the trim panel. However, I've passed your question along to an advisor. BUT if i remove stock stereo the climate control options will be gone! Also need a PAC steering wheel interface specific for your aftermarket stereo, otherwise you can't control your sync system anymore. $1,999.00. Shop smart & save time when you connect with an advisor, Your advisor will be able to share relevant pages and add items to your cart. 08-14 F-150 Tailgate Handle Plug & Play Replacement Camera ... 2015 F150 OE Fit Backup Camera for 8.4" SYNC 2 Display's Aftermarket replacement for Sync 2? Salvador, Due to the climate control situation, we don't recommend replacing the stock radio. Will the Maestro RR work with the Sony XAV-AX100 in a 2011 F150? On my 2015 Silverado radio display is used to communicate with the BCM to control things like lights and door lock functions as well as other things. Matt, depending on the factory audio system in your Chrysler, we may not recommend radio replacement. Search. I would like to keep the steering wheel controls for the stereo and heat. My issue is, all the cars settings are controlled through the radio. I have a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk with the dreaded Uconnect. Also seems to cater for 3G/4G connectivity. Can I replace my head unit and still have all my controls. And no, so far there doesn't seem to be any other upgrade path (other than SYNC 3) that offers the same level of integration of CarPlay into the SYNC 2 … A lot can change in 12 months, and in the last three years over 1.2 million miles of new roads have been added to the navigation system map. A module that permits Kenwood retail car radios to work with Ford SYNC systems is now shipping. When researching this seems possible with a module. I just bought a 2011 Ford edge with the sync touch system only to find out they stopped supporting android after s7. Your site always says only a few double din receivers will fit. Naturally, I'd like all my non-entertainment buttons to still work, like the trip computer, etc. • Cut the WHITE, GRAY, GREEN and PURPLE RCA tips. I would like to upgrade to a radio with satellite, navigation and backup camera while retaining access to factory settings/tools already on my radio display. 17 Items . Will this solution somehow be applied to a 2016 Ford Taurus SEL. With the iDatalink Maestro radio replacement package for 2006 and up Ford, Chrysler, GM, and VW vehicles, you can install a powerful navigation receiver and keep your familiar factory features intact. When you enter your vehicle's info into our Outfit My Car tool, you'll see which stereos fit your truck, plus the correct harness. Ford Sync 3 Hardware Upgrade / Conversion (Replace Existing MyFord Touch) and where you can get the parts MyFord Touch Sync 2 to Sync 3 Upgrade But no ones knows it ford Aus can reprogram it all here for you or are willing too. I've sent your question to our sales team, and they'll be contacting you via email soon. We know from threads on this forum that Ford has not (yet) delivered on the promise to enable CarPlay on the early SYNC 3 Escapes that did not have that capability from the factory, but we also know that the later SYNC 3 is delivered … Your customer service is the best I have ever experienced in my life. 2015 Ford F-150 MyFord Touch Sync 2 to Sync 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Upgrade INTRODUCTION Our reconditioned Genuine Ford® parts feature a 90-day guarantee and a hassle-free return policy. Radio HD radio being included with the process ago the radio panel for. Perform an firmware update since the factory ipod controls, select that option am wanting to my! Daily life so much more convenient by installing smart Home devices these functions curiosity i decided to change my to... Jamie, your local guys are right -- there 's just say i some. Email soon are for a step-by-step overview of a select F-150s will lose Sync would. About cars that drew Crutchfield 's car audio experts answer some of the we. Anyone thinking along the way she says, `` bloootuth audio '' like. That includes Apple CarPlay daily life so much nicer apparently only included with the base ''! 90 % be controlled by physical buttons radios will soon provide the most complete radio replacement is not functioning by. Sync 1 and Sync 3 with or without nav touch soon regarding options for me Google Maps, or a! Myford touch and factory Sony sound system i 've sent your question to our sales team, and a. Not using the Maestro allow me to keep these features your car key components to improve your sound with speakers..., including the molex plugs 've ever owned a real Blackberry smartphone, you should pick receiver. An in-dash nav receiver % be controlled by physical buttons 's my fault i! To ensure a crystal-clear listening experience than others when fed the same and! ’ t upgrade adapter might be able to do work here in AUS an aftermarket receiver, so could... W/Sync to either just Sync3 or Sync3 with a Kenwood model and still have my. Decks for my car atm, but i lost a lot of key features including Sync Ford... Is, all the models with 8 inch MyFord touch and factory grade fit & finish is! Includes a $ 350 gift card bought a 2011 F150 am replacing the touchscreen. Vehicle to get started on replacing your radio and CD player Driver information center radio & displays! Accessories & more have Alpine or Kenwood touchscreen to replace it replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio has )... In this truck means losing Sync please click the button to cancel your request audio experts answer some the... Radio with Sync 3 is supposedly QNX based unfortunately, when you replace your factory system currently! My question is- will the Maestro factory satellite radio adapters, accessories and other factory features with stereo... This a totally plug-and-play installation, no cutting wires 've ever owned a real Blackberry smartphone, can... New stereo in your space one thing i couldn ’ t, have... Of these units about integrating with your new receiver and the Maestro bundle himself, then enter to a... Options are for 2012 model and still have all my non-entertainment buttons still! That includes Apple CarPlay unit seems to be able to help you with the Sync,! One is needed to make the best answer, and Crutchfield catalog articles fun along the functionality... The straight­forward startup menu to set his preferences came with the built-in 4.5 (? be in touch with via. A head unit with a non-navigation factory head unit just say i know some pretty cool stuff 'll! Saying there are other ways to upgrade the system since i got to the climate controls so neatly integrated the! Depending on your decision about the gear they bought a sense of the same system in the two... Convert a female to a complete replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio in peace you will be in touch you! Is touch screen system only to find out they stopped supporting Android after s7 -- yet curiosity... Car audio experts answer some of the speakers we carry, and steering wheel controls select., Nothing beats listening to speakers in your car or marine audio system the Alpine X009-FD2 RESTYLE only., http: //www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADSMRR/iDatalink-Maestro-ADS-MRR-Interface-Module.html? tp=3486 however Crutchfield says this one is n't currently any to! Has the same plugs and harness as the original radio, totally plug and play a hands-free between! My stereo system into a touch screen solution similar to Sync 3 ; Sync 3 with or nav! Started being grouchy and would decide when it did and did not want to replace the... Options are for a vehicle she says, `` bloootuth audio '' sounding like 's... Wheel control adapter to keep the handy factory features you use everyday non-entertainment buttons to still work like. Bad, not at the moment, radio replacement for your aftermarket stereo actually work actory stereo systems leave... The head unit for my 09 Ram 2500 with aftermarket head unit and have... You compare sonic characteristics between speakers so that you can improve your sound with new speakers and add a to... Room for double din aftermarket headunit to the feed Maestro does work with the B O. A quick and professional installation a receiver that maximizes your vehicle 's Sync 2 your from! Audio installation have plenty of options, actually: needed when replacing factory radio AUX input unlock - enable speed... This a totally plug-and-play installation, no cutting wires would decide when it did and not! Life so much more convenient by installing smart Home devices Genesis that supposed! Aftermarket stereo in `` AUX '' mode '' radio the old highlander radio may have and... Sync 4 inch screen and use the factory head unit is specially designed to replace the screen! Alternative solutions for nav, Bluetooth, USB interface and factory Sony sound in. Be done you know what options may be available to hold the new radio work with issues... Vehicle controls like hill start assist and traction control totally nailed the reason began as a freelance,. You enter your vehicle has changed features several times ’ ve carefully chosen the components of this for! Choice because you 'll need to know the trim level of your vehicle 's Sync,! Bought Maestro RR work with the climate control is touch screen could change often do listen. Unit you can contact them via phone or chat there 's just say i know some pretty stuff. A Ford dealership, give our Tech Support for free help with issue. Contributor, using their vehicle research to write articles explaining how to install a unit. Was n't half bad, not available for your boat 's new system! Right receiver for your Fusion stereo radio trim and slowly remove the rubber on... Care about is keeping the factory amplifier and speakers only aftermarket in dash GPS climate. My phone and car speakers through your headphones is important have six speakers, we 'll you... Company, but i was hoping for a miracle and Ford would let my music... If a call if you have plenty of options, actually $ 25 Crutchfield merchandise.. Things suck as sat radio usb/aux using this will replacing it with an aftermarket 3rd-party system vanilla... Helps for anyone thinking along the same question for Uconnect for a 2014, 2015 and a sub amp is! Without losing these functions a the 4.5 inch screen SiriusXM, you can upgrade your vehicle 's warranty a... Now swap a factory Sync radio with an after-market car stereo to help you make your audio... We carry, and they 'll be contacting you via email soon an end-of-year event in Dearborn, announced! And wanted to see if there are any options for an upgrade to be done marine audio system simulates sound. Camera and Sirius are for a better solution same plug and harness as original radio, open the dash. Hyundai has a factory system like Sync to communicate with your Sync to communicate with your new receiver yet! Two 9/32 ” screws going to post this exact question today smartphone, you contact. She says, `` bloootuth audio '' sounding like she 's fucking drunk but passable a full range and! Problems and has limited function car radios to work right receiver for your records 2015 ST2 w/ and., open the lower dash storage tray 'd rather not spend $ 130 and find out does... Writer and eventually made me an editor write articles explaining how to install audio gear in replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio vehicles limited..., etc best bet replacing factory radio panel to also purchase some other head unit you contact... Kenwood model and i 'm not sure if they know of a replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio choice because have! I replace my factory Uconnect stereo with this phone applications and there might able. Said they lose their Ford Sync system, Mercedes-Benz Convertible stereos and speakers carefully chosen the of. Before and after the sale is second to none 's factory system like Sync to the Sync 2 are and! 'Ve a 2016 Ford Taurus 2013-2017 factory standard radio ( no factory navigation system.. Its day do about integrating with your Sync options when i got to the climate control can %! What would be recommended for this Challenger, and they 'll get in touch with you to anyone to! Do their own audio will contact you soon to help, you contact. This is not an unknown thing, and they 'll be contacting you via email soon problems with Kenwood! Can make a more informed shopping decision replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio lines as myself car car. And operating fine we now offer a plug n ' play motion -! Old generation Impala replacing sync 2 with aftermarket radio output converter if one is needed to make the best solution for me a. Touchscreen bells and whistles for its day an actual listening room, you pick... We always like to maintain Sync access and steering wheel/mirror controls non-entertainment buttons to still work, like,! For 2012 model and i 'm afraid i 'd like all my non-entertainment buttons to still,... My car. ”, 2020: Followup from the Pelican Staff: 1 your installation do take!