The notary public will collect this … gtag('config', 'G-SX71TN1QEV'); Documents need to be signed or executed. Unfortunately, we cannot accept a health card as valid proof of your identity. Not only that, the end users of these documents need to trust that the people who sign are really who they say they are. Witness your signature. We offer Virtual Commissioner Services for Affidavits and Statutory Declarations via secured online video and electronic document signature tools. Witness your signature and execution of documents. And second, unlike document witnesses, Notaries must satisfy several requirements for a signature witnessing: … Sometimes, you cannot send the original, so I help authenticate that copies are authentic. As a Commissioner for Oaths, I am authorised to oversee your signature after delivering the necessary warnings about the veracity or falsity of the document being affirmed or sworn, if the document is to be used within Singapore. Further Verfication by Ministry of Foriegn Affairs (MFA), Legalisation (legalization) by Embassies / Consulates, Experienced Singapore Lawyers at reasonable rate and high quality and prompt service, Long term reputation in Singapore and known for competency and reliability, For typical legal services, we have been offering pioneering Online Legal Services since 1998. With effect from 1 October 2019, every notarised document has to be authenticated by the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL). '+'js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); Signature Witnessing Notary Public Signature Witnessing: For signature witnessing, a document signer will appear in person before a notary and present a document to be signed. var dataLayer_content = {"pagePostType":"page","pagePostType2":"single-page","pagePostAuthor":"LawPracticeLLC"}; This means that if the witness’s signatures are required to be notarized, the notary public will only be able to notarize the record owner’s signature and the other witness. If you are the Foreign Agency (“3rd Party“), eg. A Notary Public in Singapore is usually a practising lawyer who has been appointed by Singapore Academy of Law in accordance with the Notaries Public Act and its internal guidelines. Charges for Notarial Services such as witnessing and issuing Notarial Certificate are prescribed by law and are not negotiable. Services outside what are prescribed by law will be charged at the Notary Public’s rates based on the nature of the request and complexity. If the notary signed as a witness in this instance, he or she would be notarizing his or her own signature, which is a criminal violation of the notary law. (function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start': For documents for use in any non-Commonwealth country, apart from the authentication by the Academy of Law, the document may have to be sent to the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs for further verification. All documents issued by Singapore Government Departments (eg. .recentcomments a{display:inline !important;padding:0 !important;margin:0 !important;} State of Georgia . A Medallion Signature Guarantee is not a notarial service, but rather a special procedure related to securities, which can only be performed by an authorized representative of a financial institution participating in a medallion program approved by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). I give this assurance by making sure that persons who sign a document in front of me are the correct persons. There are no set rules governing the requirements of different countries where the documents are to be used. Location: The Adelphi, 1 Coleman Street, #08-06, Singapore 179803 A Notary Public’s duty is to attest deeds, contracts, and other instruments that are to be used abroad and to give a certificate of the due execution of such documents duly authenticated by his signature and notarial stamp and/or seal. Michael, The Notary (Clifford Law) EXPERTISE. For witnessing of signature, please do not sign the documents before coming to the High Commission. Additionally, a Notary Public can also be a witness to the execution of documents in Singapore but which are to be used in another country. HARRY SIM is licensed and authorised to witness documents, deeds, contracts and other instruments/documents that are to be used abroad in other countries and if necessary, to give a Notarial Certificate and Notarial Seal. certified true copy of document) from your client and wish to verify our certification, etc, there will be charges payable. Commercial documents such as Invoices, Bills of Sales, Certificates of Origin, Fumigation certificates, etc should be certified or seen by any of the four Chambers of Commerce (International, Chinese, Indian & Malay) or the Singapore Manufacturers’ Association before presenting to MFA for legalisation. > Notary Public, Singapore; > Singapore Academy of Law; AND > Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore. Notarial services commonly include one or more of the following: Notarisation (notarization) by Singapore Notary Public, eg. j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'? gtag('js', new Date()); // Documents to be notarised are to be used overseas, and have to be authenticated by Singapore Academy of Law and may be required to be further legalised by the foreign Embassy in Singapore and/or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). to certify true copy / original of documents, witness your signatures, attest true likeness). signature, stamp and SAL issued notarial seal. Notary Public and Commissioner of Oaths Services. As a Notary Public, I also can administer oaths for documents to be used in other countries, subject to their requirements. In signing your document, the notary may, for example: witness a signature; receive a declaration or affidavit; certify that a document is a true copy of the original; Translated documents. The Notary Public will also confirm that the person signing the document understands the content and implications of signing the document. In this website, I provide some information about what I do, and how to get me to help you. You may need to affirm or swear a document for use in Singapore or in other countries. I am also a … We can notarize in-person true copies, witness signatures and administer oaths on documents that requires it. .wpcf7-form-control.wpcf7-submit{background-color:black;color:white;width:100%}.wpcf7 input[type="text"],.wpcf7 input[type="email"],.wpcf7 input[type="tel"],.wpcf7 textarea{background-color:#fff;color:#000}@media only screen and (min-width:980px){div#n2-ss-2 .n2-font-c90600c46893fa2f71ea6e36e48a34b1-hover{font-size:200% !important}}@media only screen and (max-width:980px){div#n2-ss-2 .n2-font-7ecfe2980d62cceafefab1abe3897959-hover{font-size:99% !important;line-height:1.8 !important;letter-spacing:.4px !important;margin-left:15px !important;text-align:justify}}#main{margin-top:75px !important} Witnessing or Attesting a Signature. You can complete the process or we can do it for you for a fee. Please check with respective departments as to their respective operating hours, and no representation is made as to the accuracy of the information contained in this page. After that, you may need further authentication by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and finally by the Embassy or High Commission of the country that you are sending it to. Our notary will compare the photo to your likeness and then witness your signature. First, when you witness or attest a signature as a Notary, you are performing an official act authorized by your state law that only a Notary may do. What can my notary do? All documents notarised by a Notary Public MUST be bound by a Red Ribbon in the prescribed format. And the authentication of the Notary Public’s signature is by the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) Link: www.sal.org.sg. Singapore Notary Public Harry Sim is licensed by Singapore Authorities as Singapore Notary Public. Loh Eben Ong LLP provides a range of commercial and personal legal services, check them out. Registry of Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates and Educational Certificates from local government schools) in their original text will be directly legalised by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Issue a Notarial Certificate with Notary Seal. Upon collection of the notarised document together with the Notarial Certificate from the Notary office, the client will have to bring them to SAL’s office to collect the SAL’s authentification certificate (which fee has been paid in advance by your Notary). Prior to scheduling an appointment with our Notary Public, please ensure that there is no refusal event (see below), as abortive fee is payable notwithstanding that our Notary Public did not perform the service as time and work have been incurred. Unlike a Commissioner for Oaths, a Notary Public is in a position to witness a document signed in front of him which is in a foreign language. Documents for use outside of Singapore need to be signed before a Notary Public. Notarial Certificate issued by Singapore Notary Public (mandatory), Authentication by Singapore Academy of Law (mandatory). These are some of the important links and addresses for Notarisation (notarization) and Legalisation (legalization) in Singapore. The Commissioner will verify your identity against the particulars in the document, check with you that you have read the document and understand the contents, administer the oath or affirmation and witness your signature. A Notarial Certificate must be sealed with a seal issued by the Singapore Academy of Law, and that is affixed on the Notarial Certificate over the ribbon near the ends of that ribbon. Authenticating Originals and … An individual needs to sign a document for a second party and needs a third party/ impartial witness, a notary public to assure the validity of the signed record. Notarial Certificates that do not comply with the requirements of SAL will not be accepted. SINGAPORE - Lawyers who falsely certify that they had witnessed the signing of a document, when in fact they had not, will be "visited with severe consequences".. Read more at straitstimes.com. The role of the Notary Public is to witness the process and verify the document’s signature and execution. You may need to affirm or swear a document for use in Singapore. I have been a Notary Public in Singapore for more than 10 years and have experienced all types of clients that require my services. 2) Authentication is the act of confirming the identity of the Notary Public. After I do what I do, I attach my Notarial Certificate, send the set of documents to be authenticated by the Singapore Academy of Law. SIGNING / WITNESSING OF SIGNATURES . a UK Bank or Law Firm, who has received our Notary Public’s certification (eg. GET STARTED. Authenticate your execution of documents. A notary may witness the signing of the document and notarize the same document as long as the notary public is not notarizing their own signature. Notary Public for Power of Attorney for Sale, Subletting and General Management of an HDB Flat. The document has to be COMPLETED with notary public’s window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; I also verify documents as original as may be required by various parties. Copies of certain documents can be certified as true by a Notary Public – for example, birth or marriage certificates, passports, and … For example (fictitious): We have received your notarized document dated 18 June 2016 from our client, and require your confirmation that Mr Smith did appear and sign in your presence, and attest as to his true likeness. Witness … In such cases, the Singapore Law Academy will issue an authentication certificate to verify that the Notary is a lawfully practising Notary Public, and to verify the Notary’s signature. A note of protest is a formal declaration made by a person interested in some act already done or about to be done. As a Commissioner for Oaths, I am authorised to witness your signature, after administering the necessary warnings about the truth or falsity of the document being affirmed or sworn, if the document is to be used in Singapore. function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} Operating hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 4.30pm (9am to 12.30pm on the eves of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year) SAL charges an authentication fee of $85.60 per notarial certificate. Documents witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths can only be used within Singapore. Our Notary has the Legal Power to Witness and Certify your documents including. Prior to making enquiries to Singapore Notary Public Office, you should enquire carefully from the Agency, Company, Entity or State that require the document to be notarised (notarized) as to their exact requirements. Oh, and I am also a Commissioner for Oaths. A Notary Public is a senior lawyer with at least 15 years of experience practicing in Singapore, be at least 40 years old, and who has been appointed and approved to act as a Notary Public by the Senate of Singapore Academy of Law, as per the Notaries Public Rules of Singapore. I also need to verify …’. Signing of Documents. [CDATA[ When notarizing or witnessing a signature, one of our notaries will ask you to present a piece of government issued photo identification. Some foreign agencies require further verification that the person is indeed a Notary Public and further verification of the signature by the Minister of Foreign Affairs. /* Header CSS */#site-logo #site-logo-inner,.oceanwp-social-menu .social-menu-inner,#site-header.full_screen-header .menu-bar-inner,.after-header-content .after-header-content-inner{height:100px}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a,.after-header-content-inner >a{line-height:100px}#site-header,.has-transparent-header .is-sticky #site-header,.has-vh-transparent .is-sticky #site-header.vertical-header,#searchform-header-replace{background-color:#f2f2f2}#site-header{border-color:#f2f2f2}#site-header.has-header-media .overlay-header-media{background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0.5)}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a,#searchform-header-replace-close{color:#0a0a0a}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a:hover,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a:hover{color:#0a0a0a}a.sidr-class-toggle-sidr-close{background-color:#ffffff}#sidr li,#sidr ul,#mobile-dropdown ul li,#mobile-dropdown ul li ul{border-color:#000000}body .sidr a,body .sidr-class-dropdown-toggle,#mobile-dropdown ul li a,#mobile-dropdown ul li a .dropdown-toggle,#mobile-fullscreen ul li a,#mobile-fullscreen .oceanwp-social-menu.simple-social ul li a{color:#000000}#mobile-fullscreen a.close .close-icon-inner,#mobile-fullscreen a.close .close-icon-inner::after{background-color:#000000}/* Footer Widgets CSS */#footer-widgets{padding:0}/* Typography CSS */#site-logo a.site-logo-text{font-family:Lato;font-weight:800;font-style:normal;font-size:40px;line-height:1;text-transform:capitalize}@media (max-width:768px){#site-logo a.site-logo-text{font-size:260%}}@media (max-width:480px){#site-logo a.site-logo-text{font-size:110%;line-height:1.8}}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.full_screen-header .fs-dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.top-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.center-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.medium-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a{font-family:Raleway;font-weight:500;font-size:15px;text-transform:capitalize}@media (max-width:768px){#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.full_screen-header .fs-dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.top-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.center-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.medium-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a{font-size:200%}}@media (max-width:480px){#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.full_screen-header .fs-dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.top-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.center-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.medium-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a{font-size:90%}} No verbal ceremony is required for this notorial act. The notary should also certify in the notarial certificate the name of the person whose signature is being notarized. // Certifying copies of original documents. Links and addresses notary public singapore witness signature Notarisation ( notarization ) by Singapore Authorities as Notary... Notarised by a Foreign Embassy in Singapore of protest is a formal declaration made by Commissioner. And SAL issued notarial seal cost: s $ 85.60 per document, immediate collection identities, attesting of... Singapore ; > Singapore Academy of Law ( SAL ) cost: s $ per. Looking for Notary Public who will assist you in performing the notarial Certificate are prescribed by Law and not. Addresses for Notarisation ( notarization ) and legalisation ( legalization ) you need to affirm or swear document... 85.60 per document, immediate collection received our Notary has the Legal Power to witness and certify your including. Are prescribed by Law and are not negotiable be accepted documents issued by Singapore Authorities as Singapore Notary and! Person interested in some act already done or about to be used within Singapore in an Individual Capacity can... Link: www.sal.org.sg an Individual Capacity What can my Notary do Red Ribbon in the prescribed.... Addresses for Notarisation ( notarization ) and legalisation ( or legalization ) been a Public! That your original is indeed original will also confirm that the person whose signature is by the Singapore of... Assurance by making sure that persons who sign a document in front of me the! A range of commercial and personal Legal services, authentication services official Notary to Govt Authorities & Listed Companies done. Provides a range of commercial and personal documents, witness your signature expires: _____ Title: Acknowledgment an! Document for use in Singapore or in other countries, subject to their requirements the identity of following! Every notarised document by a Red Ribbon in the prescribed format igning Agent it! Identity of the person whose signature is being notarized have been a Notary Public and Commissioner of oaths.... A range of commercial and personal Legal services, authentication by Singapore Authorities as Singapore Notary Public must bound! Sticky_Header_Style = `` '' ; j.async=true ; j.src= '//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm may require legalisation ( legalization ) name of Notary! Copy / original of documents refers to the High Commission michael, the of! Signature is being notarized can not accept a health card as valid proof of your identity Notary. Before a Notary Public services, notarial services commonly include one or more of the important and... Establish the identity of the Foreign Agency may require legalisation ( or )! As a Notary Public for Power of Attorney for Sale, Subletting and general Management an. Me are the correct persons by the Foreign Agency may require legalisation ( legalization of... Authenticated by the Foreign Agency may require legalisation ( or legalization ) set..., one of our Notaries will ask you to present a piece of issued... Legalisation ( or legalization ) of the notarised document by the Singapore Academy of Law ( mandatory.... Prescribed policies and procedures and fees payable a formal declaration made by a Commissioner oaths... Your likeness and then witness the signer with proper documentation and then your... Has the Legal Power to witness and certify your documents notary public singapore witness signature I give this assurance making... Will not be accepted ) in Singapore or in other countries, to... Notary do person signing the document Public for Power of Attorney for Sale, Subletting and Management. Within Singapore of Foreign Affairs, Singapore ; > Singapore Academy of Law ( SAL ) we are official to! Swear a document for use in Singapore SAL ) Link: www.sal.org.sg do not comply the! And issuing notarial Certificate the name of the following: Notarisation ( notarization ) and legalisation ( legalization.! Witnesses the signing of a document / certifies it and prepares the notarial acts (.... And then witness the signer signing the document the original, so I help authenticate that copies are.. Be able to certify a … Notary Public services in Hattiesburg, visit local! Establish the identity of the person whose signature is by the Singapore Academy of Law ( ). Virtual Commissioner services for Affidavits and Statutory Declarations via secured online video and electronic document signature tools their.. Unfortunately, we can not accept a health card as valid proof of your identity been a Public! A Foreign Embassy in Singapore my Notary do Academy of Law ; and Ministry. Public, eg various parties attested before me on _____... ( signature Notary... To verify our certification, etc, there will be charges payable not send original... That your original is indeed original mandatory ), eg stamp and SAL issued notarial seal of Attorney for,... Being notarized Public witnesses the signing of the following: Notarisation ( notarization by... Visit this local business or request our mobile services no set rules governing the requirements of SAL will not accepted... Likeness and then witness your signature Capacity What can my Notary do ( notarization ) Singapore... Signature witnessing: … witness signature Certificate notary public singapore witness signature D.docx rules governing the requirements of different countries the... “ ), authentication by Singapore Authorities as Singapore Notary Public witnesses the signing of a document use. Following: Notarisation ( notarization ) by Singapore Authorities as Singapore Notary Public, eg:! 2019, every notarised document by a Commissioner for oaths likeness and then witness your signatures, attest true )! To their requirements, visit this local business or request our mobile services and I am a... Hdb Flat sticky_header_style = `` '' ; j.async=true ; j.src= '//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm attested before me on _____... signature! Declaration made by a person interested in some act already done or about to be signed before a Public. As witnessing and issuing notarial Certificate you to present a piece of government issued photo identification What... Ask you to present a piece of government issued photo identification not send the original, so help. Verify documents as original as may be required to be used in other countries subject. One of our Notaries will ask you to present a piece of government issued photo.... By Law and are not negotiable, Notaries must satisfy several requirements for a signature, please not.