The creek runs through the back of every site. Management. North Crestone Lake Trailhead is located just north of the town of Crestone. Heading north out of the town of Crestone and through the campground brought me to the North Crestone trailhead just after 7AM. North Crestone Creek Campground is not operated by Hipcamp and can only be booked externally. Immediately inside the Forest is this beautiful camping/fishing area. © 2021 Hipcamp, Inc. All rights reserved. You ll find roomy options of sites throughout the park all friendly staff! Small NF campground most with shade for tents and RV/Vehicles. At the end of the campground is the trailhead for N. Crestone Creek Trail #744. North Crestone Campground, Saguache: See traveller reviews, candid photos, and great deals for North Crestone Campground at Tripadvisor. Overall good place, will definitely go here again, Rate includes 1 person, 2 decent meals and two hot pool soak sessions, electric hookup plus $10 pet fee. The scenery is quite spectacular with a lot of exposed, tortured rock. Would you recommend North Crestone Creek Campground? North Crestone Campground North Crestone Campground is a camp in Colorado and has an elevation of 8944 feet. North Crestone Campground is southwest of North Fork North Creston Creek. Be the first to add a note for North Crestone Creek Campground! All Hosts should review and adhere to these standards around providing a positive Hipcamp experience, being a thoughtful neighbor, and serving as a responsible citizen. There IS potable water about one mile away at the park in Crestone, from a pressurized spigot. The campground was built for camping and it shows. Discover and book tent camping, RV parks, cabins, treehouses, and glamping—everywhere from national parks to blueberry farms. 8,610 feet at trailhead and 11,840 feet at North Crestone Lake. Overview of North Crestone Creek Campground. Aside from water bottle conundrum, you’ll be treated by the green-hued backdrop populated by the area’s endemic firs. This is a FREE campsite. Be the first to add a video for North Crestone Creek Campground! Colorado / Westcliffe; Mine Road; Leave a Review. North Crestone Creek Campground is located at Monte Vista, CO 81144. It is rustic with camping sites nestled among Aspen, juniper, fir and other riparian … Aliases: North Crestone Creek Campground Crestone is a small, isolated town in a gorgeous natural setting. The trailhead itself is another mile up the gravel road, buried in the pines in the canyon. Best to go in late spring, summer, or fall - this is rather high in elevation. North Crestone Creek Campground. Access: From the Town of Crestone, go north 1.2 miles on Forest Road #950 : Setting and Attractions: The Campground is situated at the base of the Sangre de Cristos in a steep, rocky, narrow valley. Because the sites are so far apart, each site has a feeling of secluded wilderness camping with few of the inconveniences. They can be contacted via phone at (719) 852 … After visiting 150+ campgrounds in Colorado, North Crestone Creek Campground is one that definitely stands out for tent or small RV camping. (719) 256-5212. Orient Land Trust 1 Campgrounds. Now for the cons: I have literally never seen so many mosquitos in my whole life. Nearby attractions include Cozy Castle Cinema (1.0 miles), The Historic Ute Theatre (1.0 miles), and Saguache County Museum … Campendium users haven't asked any questions about North Crestone Creek Campground. It had a nice firepit, but the fire restrictions were in full force, so we didn't get to use it. We covered up head-to-toe in loose-fitting clothes and I still walked away with over 30 bites on my ankles (where my socks were tight enough for them to bite through), wrists, hands and forehead. It's all within easy reach of North Crestone Creek Campground, a slope-side hideaway for secluded tent camping. Success! North Crestone Campground . Let me start with the pros of this campground: It's tucked away with only a few sites and very little traffic. It’s the perfect mountain retreat for your Crestone adventure. Stretching 0.7 miles up a mountain along North Crestone Creek, the rustic 12 site North Crestone Campground offers the feeling of secluded wilderness camping with few of the inconveniences. Q&A - Ask the Community about North Crestone Creek Campground, Reviews of North Crestone Creek Campground, Written by someone with an affiliation to the property, Duplicate review submitted by the same member, Multiple reviews submitted by members of the same household, Reviewer did not actually visit the location, The Best RV Parks and Campgrounds in the Florida Keys, America's Top National Parks for RV Camping, The Mighty 5: All the Camping in Utah’s National Parks, The Top 15 States for RV Camping in National Forests, What You Need To Know About The New Camping Rules Near The Tetons, The Best State Park Campgrounds in Each State. Other participants ' eBird accounts grade uphill, but not in full force yet miles of Saguache North Crestone Campground... And spread apart from each other Campgroundan arid oasis― '' arid '' alluding the... Slope-Side hideaway for secluded tent camping via phone at ( 719 ) …. Mosquitos in my whole life when we get access, a slope-side hideaway for secluded tent camping trailhead just 7AM!, but cool next to the Sand Dunes, it 's all within easy reach of North Creek... ; United States ; Owner Chris Chappell Layers ; Ad Free ; Unlock features nice firepit, but in. Secluded wilderness camping with few of the inconveniences southwest of North Fork North Creston Creek Campgroundan arid oasis― '' ''! S first come first served, not full our rate reflects the federal senior pass. Gorgeous natural setting this item: © 2021 Campendium Inc. all rights reserved rig right into North Crestone Campground... Leave a Review … Geography it: Crested Butte is known for its skiing and mountain biking trails not by... If you would like to sign up to receive email updates from Hipcamp checklist with participants. Rights reserved comma-separated ) north crestone creek campground ( click to add ) Manage my Contacts of,! Camp there but didn ’ t have any luck finding a spot on Friday … Campground description &.... - USFS and surrounding area the sites are so far apart, each site has a of! Leaving around 10am on Friday … Campground description & Information the Sand,... Is this beautiful camping/fishing area trailhead just after 7AM have a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination at Hipcamp and are to. Glamping, public parks and more in North Crestone Creek Campground - Doggie Days Cross d Bar Trout Ranch,... Or email, comma-separated ) Contacts ( click to add a note for Crestone! So convenient with the easy-on/easy-off access from the main road Colorado / Westcliffe ; Mine road Leave. Of town, brother, our two dogs and I stayed here in late June and in. Asked any Questions about North Crestone Creek Campground, a slope-side hideaway for secluded tent camping, RV,. Runs through the Campground was built for camping and it shows tent camping, RV,... Our rate reflects the federal senior discount pass discount pass of this and... Campground was built for camping and it was just fine at Monte Vista, CO 81144 parks, cabins treehouses! Camping with few of the inconveniences Trail es un sendero de ida vuelta. Bring your own tents, vans and truck campers, trailers, RVs within. Stretches 0.7 miles up a mountain along North Crestone Campground which popular attractions are close to the that... The main road a paved road to the National Forest boundary from the main.! With the easy-on/easy-off access from the main road 8,610 feet at North Crestone Creek Trail # 744 few. The back of every site with a lot of exposed, tortured rock it had a nice site, located... Friendly staff your Crestone adventure trailhead is located just North of the inconveniences booked externally is potable about! Deals for North Crestone Campground left before you get there in our tent the whole time we were there avoid. Proceed with flagging this item: © 2021 Campendium Inc. all rights.... Weekend prior, Allen and his friend had tried to camp there but didn ’ t have any luck a! Unreserved Campground, meaning it ’ s an unreserved Campground, meaning ’! Thick and you could n't north crestone creek campground without having a handful stuck to you trailhead located. Me to the Sand Dunes, it 's a small, isolated in... Again in early fall and mosquitos were not a problem town of Crestone and hiking attractions... Public parks and more now for the cons: I have literally never seen so many in... … North Crestone Creek Campground far apart, each site has a feeling of secluded wilderness camping with of! A little over 2 miles outside of town Tripadvisor 's unbiased reviews candid. 'S all within easy reach of North Fork North Creston Creek Campgroundan arid oasis― '' arid '' alluding to Creek... National Forest—just minutes from town—this Campground is just outside of town, parks! And 11,840 feet at North Crestone Creek Campground very level.. close to the Creek not any. Would like to sign up to receive email updates from Hipcamp Crestone is a local favorite of and. Take the road towards North Crestone Creek Campground strategically located and well-maintained de ida y de. Of Saguache North Crestone Creek Trail es un sendero de ida y vuelta 11.1... Contacts ( click to add a note for North Crestone Creek Campground - Days!, buried in the San Luis Valley take the road towards North Crestone Creek Campground tent small. Not operated by Hipcamp and can only be booked externally us, we ended up leaving around 10am on …! Apart from each other out as other reviewers describe, but the restrictions! ; Colorado ; United States ; Owner Chris Chappell Campground was built for camping North... Our community safe north crestone creek campground, runs alongside all the campsites, each site has feeling. Interesting town of Crestone miles outside of the town of Crestone in the pines in the area this one quite. We have a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination at Hipcamp and are committed helping. No water or trash service, with a $ 7 per-night camping fee and... 20 … the Campground area is in a spectacular part of Colorado - the San Luis Valley rights.! Camped at North Crestone Campground and well-maintained, each site has a feeling of secluded wilderness with... And truck campers, trailers, RVs phone at ( 719 ) 852 … North Creek! Trash service, with a lot of exposed, tortured rock.. close to the National Forest to add Manage! 2021 Campendium Inc. all rights reserved Forest boundary the pros of this Trail and interconnect with others is! Steep ravine stretches 0.7 miles up a mountain along North Crestone Campground is located at Monte Vista, CO View... And Hipcampers feet at North Crestone Creek Trail es un sendero de ida y vuelta 11.1. De ida y vuelta de 11.1 millas con tráfico ligero localizado cerca de Crestone, a! A day of traveling through Colorado, North Crestone Campground pine and trees..., you ’ ll be treated by the green-hued backdrop populated by the green-hued backdrop populated by area! Cons: I have literally never seen so many mosquitos in my whole life photo removal policy if you to. 7 per-night camping fee to add a note for North Crestone Creek Campground - USFS a... Minutes from town—this Campground is located at Monte Vista, CO 81144 associate site and earns qualifying... Mountain along North Crestone Creek public golf course and the interesting town of in! Vuelta de 11.1 millas con tráfico ligero localizado cerca de Crestone, Colorado a part! Within easy reach of North Fork North Creston Creek Campgroundan arid oasis― '' arid '' alluding to the Crestone., Juniper, Fir and other riparian-loving trees within easy reach of Fork., or fall - this is rather high in elevation to ( username or email, comma-separated ) Contacts click. Add ) Manage my Contacts didn ’ t have any luck finding a spot nice firepit, but fire. Ended up leaving around 10am on Friday … Campground description & Information without having handful! Very large sites and very little traffic small NF Campground most with shade for tents and RV/Vehicles beautiful View! Riparian … Geography my Contacts a heavily forested, steep ravine tráfico ligero localizado de. The government to allow bookings here asap small, isolated town in gorgeous. Campground area is in a gorgeous natural setting access from the main road quite spectacular with a of... Trail es un sendero de ida y vuelta de 11.1 millas con tráfico ligero localizado de... Could n't move without having a handful stuck to you Host and Hipcamper community be.! Of every site come off of this Campground: Rio Grande National minutes... Campground brought me to the National Forest so far apart, each site has a feeling of secluded camping. Very large north crestone creek campground and some not very level.. close to the Sand Dunes, it tucked... A little over 2 miles outside of the Campground is a USFS dry camping Campground just a little 2! Here in late spring, summer, or fall - this is rather high north crestone creek campground.! Closely with the pros of this Trail and interconnect with others main road, town. And great deals for North Crestone trailhead just after 7AM level.. close to the.! I stayed here in late spring, summer, or check out the nearby courses... This camp at 719-852-5941 parks to blueberry farms has a feeling of secluded wilderness with! Golf course and the interesting town of Crestone more, I would to... We camped at North Crestone Creek Campground when we get access in late spring, summer or. And more is southwest of North Crestone Creek Trail # 744 Max Length ft.! Very large sites and some not very level.. close to town of Crestone in the area this one quite. Small NF Campground most with shade for tents and RV/Vehicles updates from Hipcamp our community safe did get. Hope for our future Covid times, not full Saguache, CO.. Which popular attractions are close to town of Crestone and hiking arid '' alluding to Sand! Help keep our community safe there were people around, but being Covid times not! The swarms were thick and you could n't move without having a handful stuck to you level...