Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Bible Language English. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Read verse in New King James Version 66 And all those who heard them (Y)kept them in their hearts, saying, “What kind of child will this be?” And (Z)the hand of the Lord was with him. Luke 1:38 Context. 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. Everyone called her barren, and here she is six months pregnant! Luke 1 :: New King James Version (NKJV) Strong's. Luke 1:38 “And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Used by permission. KJV: King James Version . Luke 1:38 KJ21 And Mary said, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.” And the angel departed from her. And the angel departed from her. She was not touched by any vanity. 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was (B)filled with the Holy Spirit. 58 When her neighbors and relatives heard how the Lord had shown great mercy to her, they (V)rejoiced with her. 61 But they said to her, “There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name.” 62 So they made signs to his father—what he would have him called. New American Standard Bible And Mary said, “Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Then the angel left her. 64 Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, praising God. 26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,. 60 His mother answered and said, (X)“No; he shall be called John.”. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. The virgin's name was Mary. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Behold the handmaid of the Lord - I fully credit what thou sayest, and am perfectly ready to obey thy commands, and to accomplish all the purposes of thy grace concerning me. Luke 1:38 38 Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Luke 2:1-38 King James Version << Luke 1 | Luke 2 | Luke 3 >> The Birth of Jesus. 9:2; Matt. 3:1–12; Mark 1:2–8; John 1:19–31. For all the saints. Luke 1:38 New International Version (NIV) 38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. It appears that at the instant of this act of faith, and purposed obedience, the conception of the immaculate humanity of Jesus took place; and it was Done unto her according to his word. Luke 1:38 And G1161 Mary G3137 said G2036 , Behold G2400 the handmaid G1399 of the Lord; G2962 be it G1096 unto me G3427 according G2596 to thy G4675 word. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. 5:14]. Let it be to me according to your word." Bible Language English. 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Luke 1:38. 4:6; Eph. 12:3; Luke 2:21; Phil. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. 38 And Marie said, Behold the handmaide of the Lord, be it vnto me according to thy word: and the Angel departed from her. She was not dazzled nor excited by her glorious future. NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV Word Study Bible: 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible, NKJV, Bride's Bible, Leathersoft, White, Red Letter, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version. Cancel. 65 Then fear came on all who dwelt around them; and all these sayings were discussed throughout all the hill country of Judea. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the virgin's name was Mary. Verse. 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} And the angel departed from her. 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Abide Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. New King James Version (NKJV). Luke 1:37 For with God nothing will be impossible." Being delivered from the hand of our enemies. Let it be to me according to your word." Luke 21:1–38 Christ Teaches on the Widow’s Mites. They were expecting Messiah to come soon, and knew these prophecies had … 2 1 And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. 1 Tim. 2 This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. And the angel departed from her. 63 And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, saying, “His name is John.” So they all marveled. Luke 1:38 (King James Version) ... Luke 1:39 >> The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Behold the handmaid of the Lord. And the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might kill Him, for they feared the people. 80 So (AP)the child grew and became strong in spirit, and (AQ)was in the deserts till the day of his manifestation to Israel. Luke 1:31-38 The angel is actually quoting or paraphrasing Scripture to her, particularly two Messianic prophecies from Isaiah that many religious Jews probably had on the tips of their tongues. Handed down. Luke 1:30 Context. 45 (D)Blessed is she who [a]believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”, (E)“My soul [b]magnifies the Lord,47 And my spirit has (F)rejoiced in (G)God my Savior.48 For (H)He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;For behold, henceforth (I)all generations will call me blessed.49 For He who is mighty (J)has done great things for me,And (K)holy is His name.50 And (L)His mercy is on those who fear HimFrom generation to generation.51 (M)He has shown strength with His arm;(N)He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.52 (O)He has put down the mighty from their thrones,And exalted the lowly.53 He has (P)filled the hungry with good things,And the rich He has sent away empty.54 He has helped His (Q)servant Israel,(R)In remembrance of His mercy,55 (S)As He spoke to our (T)fathers,To Abraham and to his (U)seed forever.”. Mary Visits Elizabeth. Luke 1:38 STU XRF TSK ... New King James Version Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! For all the saints. And the angel departed from her. 76 “And you, child, will be called the (AK)prophet of the Highest;For (AL)you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,77 To give (AM)knowledge of salvation to His peopleBy the remission of their sins,78 Through the tender mercy of our God,With which the [c]Dayspring from on high [d]has visited us;79 (AN)To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death,To (AO)guide our feet into the way of peace.”. Matt. 26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin a betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. NIV: New International Version . All rights reserved. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. 39 Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, (A)to a city of Judah, 40 and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. Luke 1:38: "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. 59 So it was, (W)on the eighth day, that they came to circumcise the child; and they would have called him by the name of his father, Zacharias. Mark 12:41–44. Luke 1:38 King James Version (KJV). Luke 22:1-38 Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover. Luke 2:1-38 New King James Version << Luke 1 | Luke 2 | Luke 3 >> The Birth of Jesus. And the angel departed from her. 4:16; [Acts 26:18; 2 Cor. Gain a concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our NEW "Know the Bible" series. Darby Bible Translation And Mary said, Behold the bondmaid of the Lord; be it to me according to thy word. Luke 1:26-38 Birth of Jesus Foretold. Tools. King James Version And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. Mary’s quiet acceptance of greatness. Luke 1:38 NKJV Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Luke 3:1–38 The Ministry of John the Baptist. 3 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, a Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and … 44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, b "Rejoice, highly favored one, c the Lord is with you; 1 blessed are you among women!" Nothing impresses us more than the calmness with which, after the first trouble was past, the virgin received the message of the angel. And the angel departed from her. 37 For with God no thing shall be vnpossible. And the angel departed from her. 1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} Red Letter. Listen to the Bible. 3:3; 11:9; Mark 3:2, 3; Luke 3:4; John 1:23, Is. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Luke 1:38-80 New King James Version (NKJV) 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! 26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed [] to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. Luke 1:26 - 1:38. Luke 1:38 KJV. And the angel departed from her. G4487 And G2532 the angel G32 departed G565 from G575 her. 2 1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, (C)“Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 1:1; 2:3; Titus 1:3; 2:10; 3:4; Jude 25, Gen. 17:12; Lev. Luke 1:38: Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! 67 Now his father Zacharias (AA)was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying: 68 “Blessed(AB) is the Lord God of Israel,For (AC)He has visited and redeemed His people,69 (AD)And has raised up a horn of salvation for usIn the house of His servant David,70 (AE)As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets,Who have been (AF)since the world began,71 That we should be saved from our enemiesAnd from the hand of all who hate us,72 (AG)To perform the mercy promised to our fathersAnd to remember His holy covenant,73 (AH)The oath which He swore to our father Abraham:74 To grant us that we,Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,Might (AI)serve Him without fear,75 (AJ)In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life. King James Version Luke 1:38. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Used by permission. 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Bible Gateway Plus puts a library of commentaries and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Cancel. And the angel departed from her. Luke 1:38. Paragraph. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable … Version. Read verse in New King James Version Handed down. New King James Version (NKJV). “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. ... Luk 1:38 - Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! 3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Comfort Print: One faith. Luke 1:38 The Message (MSG) 36-38 “And did you know that your cousin Elizabeth conceived a son, old as she is? Luke 1:38-41 NKJV Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! All rights reserved. Luke 1:38-48 38 Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Luke 1:38 Parallel Verses. 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. 36 And behold, thy cousin Elizabeth, she hath also conceiued a sonne in her old age, and this is the sixt moneth with her, who was called barren. 3:5, Matt. Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Luke 1:26-38 English Standard Version (ESV) Birth of Jesus Foretold. 2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) Luke 1 / Luke 1:38 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Comfort Print: One faith. 57 Now Elizabeth’s full time came for her to be delivered, and she brought forth a son. 56 And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her house. Luke 1:38 NIV “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “Behold the handmaid of the Lord.” NKJV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New King James Version. Nothing, you see, is impossible with God.” Now viewing scripture range from the book of Luke chapter 1:26 through chapter 1:38... Luke Chapter 1. Let it be to me according to your word." Version. And the angel departed from her.” King James Version (KJV) 1 Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those (A)things which [a]have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as those who (B)from the beginning were (C)eyewitnesses and ministers of the word (D)delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having [b]had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, (E)most excellent Theophilus, 4 (F)that …