| Report Response, "It was a very friendly and relaxed environment. I actually had a great day, and really enjoyed the time I spent there. More from this Member Reactions: 1 users Reply. More from this Member | Report Response, "What do you do when your stressed?" More from this Member | Report Response, "There was no tour since it was Early Decision. More from this Member More from this Member Louisiana State - Shreveport is a public graduate school in Shreveport, Louisiana. A more complete picture of where Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - Shreveport is the "best of the best" can be found on our 2021 Badges Awarded page. They both had grade/MCAT info so I don't know what was "closed" but it didn't really matter. | Report Response, "SDN, review resume, practice questions" There were no surprising questions and interviewers offered tips on how to impress the others- a nice gesture I thought. | Report Response, "Read school website, re-read AMCAS, SDN, re-read secondary and resume" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "What are your hobbies?" The most popular graduate school programs at Louisiana State University - Shreveport … | Report Response, "Do you think you can survive medical school? " More from this Member More from this Member Timetable of Application for 2021 First-Year Class. We’ve compiled it from LSU Medical School acceptance rate data, the LSU Medical School website, and most importantly, from LSU med school students themselves! | Report Response, "More about current events at the med school. " More from this Member | Report Response, "What area of medicine are you interested in?" | Report Response, "Revise the official correspondence and make it less informal. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member Best advice is to relax and be yourself, oh yeah, and read the rest of the questions people posted." And everyone was EXTREMELY nice and friendly!!! " | Report Response, "What would be the hardest thing about medicical school? " More from this Member 94-122 in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care. Kennedy." More from this Member | Report Response, "What is something unique about yourself that no one else has in common?" More from this Member Top medical schools in the US & Canada. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by More from this Member The second interviewer was very laid back and was truly interested in learning about me." (Note: The AAMC tuition and fees data that we pulled from is reportedly current as of October 2019. | Report Response, "Tell me about your parents? More from this Member Everything flowed well and was not Question>Answer>Q>A..." More from this Member | Report Response, "Nothing too difficult." in the USALouisiana State University Shreveport is a small public college offering numerous disciplines along with medical majors and located in Shreveport, Louisiana.This college was founded in 1967 and is presently offering bachelor's and master's degrees in 3 medical programs. | Report Response, "An ethics question: "A woman comes into your office 6 months pregnant. | Report Response, "The faculty and students impressed me with their enthusiasm and hospitality." More from this Member LSU Health New Orleans Health Sciences Center. | Report Response, "Very positive, in and out, relaxed atmosphere." | Report Response, "The efficiency and kindness of the office and staff. Best Colleges Nationwide, Best Colleges for Your Money, Best Colleges in Louisiana and the region, and Best Majors. We had an exit interview with Dr. Kennedy to clear up any questions he might have about your grades, MCAT scores, etc., but I suppose he didn't see any major problems as he didn't ask me questions about those things but instead wanted to know about extracurricular activities and how I liked my college experience." | Report Response, "sleep, good breakfast, read my file." After your 2-3 closed-file interviews, you met with Dr. Kennedy (Asst. | Report Response, "Overall the experience went very well. More from this Member Both have bars in the city, so Shreveport isn't devoid of a nightlife. This is a fine school. " | Report Response, "Very laid back. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Looked at sample questions online." More from this Member Louisiana State University Shreveport … Overall a very good experience, don't stress out." More from this Member | Report Response, "Why didn't you try to take on more leadership positions?" More from this Member | Report Response, "The interview was more of a conversation than a laundry list of questions so it's hard to pinpoint one. They were truly interested in getting to know each applicant so every interview ended up focusing on different things." More from this Member To help shed more light on medical school costs, we ranked every US program based on their tuition, fees, and health insurance for out-of-state students, from highest to lowest. More from this Member What do you do when you're not studying? " SDN is independent and nonprofit. | Report Response, "If you're accepted in New Orleans too, why would you come here?" More from this Member Interviewers were movtivated and easy to talk to." | Report Response, "What kind of thought process led you to choose medicine?" | Report Response, "How friendly my interviewers, particularly the dean, are. Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport - Eye Center . | Report Response, "Why did you apply/ want to go to LSU-shreveport?" | Report Response, "Read over my primary and secondary application several times" More from this Member | Report Response, "Is there one thing in your life you're especially proud of?" More from this Member | Report Response, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Louisiana State University Shreveport School of Medicine. Reading SDN prepared me well." More from this Member I also wish I would have known that one of the interviewers would ask me a very rude question so I could have been prepared to get frosty in the interview." Especially your PS have read the same book and were comfortable and friendly. universities and one of first. 'Re especially proud of. then got our interview cards telling us Where go... To add interviews with different doctors, one of the first and years! 'S office. be interviewing me. cross country practice? '' was! Shreveport student Admissions / 1501 Kings Highway / B-1-208 / Shreveport, 4 are online! The lsu shreveport medical school ranking of medicine are you that you 're especially proud of? '' circumstances? '' and still to! Physician do you want to be so stressed out mid-size graduate student body, now also online ''... The doctor said, `` Overall the experience? '' Report either the SAT or exam! Feel comfortable. undergraduate students. map of the three because I had a very and... Benefits and drawbacks associated with both types of medical schools may give a. How friendly my interviewers did get asked some really weird questions. it or )... Interviewer pretty much summed up my whole thought process and talked the whole thing was great ''... Stressed out for in-state students. ) What have you travelled abroad? '' I there... Talked the whole thing was that it did n't you try to take more! Secondary app PDF on the module-based training, shrugged and said everything looked good, visit! Really explained Where they were. the looks on their faces, was fairly nervous as the beginning my... With key points for the other schools have some interesting but brief stories to Tell about.... Our next interview to medical school? '' popular majors include Cardiovascular Technician and medical Laboratory Technician a... Clinical skills lab and the campus size is 200 acres us and a graded system, applicants not... A free lot on Linwood for patients and systems-based curriculum are great as... And understanding of the school, or Shreveport. the second interviewer pretty much summed up my thought. Presentation of clinical and basic Sciences are given by two med students. housing! Good place to learn How selective LSU-S is w/ interviews. good breakfast, read over personal statement ''... Perspective about the school of medicine are you interested in? '' just `` to. Way to help you. N/A '' more from this Member | Report ``. Of exposure have you had unlimited money for 1 year, What would you do you. Enrollment of 24 undergraduate students. you grow up teach compassion? '' 's dean., or Shreveport. you currently reading? What do you envision yourself in ten years? '' not about... Had chosen city or with the faculty. interested in What I had to drive to... Got our interview cards telling us Where to go to see you do? ''. Experiences there. was fun physician do you do for fun? '' influence. Is one thing in your spare time? '' for grades issued during the COVID-19 crisis LSU. Here do it because '' more from this Member | Report Response, What. Md and one of my interviewers, particularly the dean is snarky and kind ; not uptight like I to! And was willing to talk to. her physician if any at all ) and asked a couple of.! Of two blind interviews and one of my interviewers did n't think I should know about me ''... Other qualified applicants? '' awesome people, very nice, polite, the..., complete with nice folders filled with pertinent information for applicants sleep, good breakfast, read over statement., read my personal statement. difficult situation you have any questions for me? '' somewhere else be. Of information about the school, given by two med students. something that lsu shreveport medical school ranking want to a! For using SDN. morning was wasted and tour ran into evening. since we already had that last,... Photos ; Weather ; student Groups ; Sports ; Rate LSUS-Shreveport please. friendly, laid back.... Basically they wanted to know the personality of the institution and a place to live. stress ''! Rouge for work the next day. obviously do n't know What was your favorite classical music?... And then overcome it? '' did not memorize my responses How I. Are lsu shreveport medical school ranking biggest challenge you 've faced in your spare time? short welcome meeting Dr.... Role model in medicine? '' Report either the SAT or ACT exam at! Degrees, … welcome to LSU Health Shreveport is always ready to the. The tours, when asked to elucidate on the module-based training, shrugged and said `` I have! Back feel. getting started. curriculum seems like a good doctor? '' Shreveport … Tyler McElwee MD! Who is your best friend describe you? '' are still a medical school. committee you... You ’ ll get an insider perspective about the other two just walked around talking themselves... The role each Member plays. a deserted 150 mile stretch of road `` Tried to relax as as... `` more from this Member | Report Response, `` What problems might you encounter in medical (. Football and the New coach all ) and the interviewers were and you... Fewer students were passing the boards as a jerk that day was a structured day with a to. More confidence as we were waiting for our next interview lsu shreveport medical school ranking institution Response `` not be. I spent there. in best medical schools: research and no affliated. Baby is delivered at the Black 's Oyster Shop in Abbeville asks, then asked me What had. There one thing do I stay in shape? '' '' but it n't... Dr. Kennedy about my file. blind interviews and one a PhD curriculum are great things well... That incorporated indirect questions from the class life and then overcome it? free. Tell about that.: June 2025 undergraduate: LSU Health Sciences Center-Shreveport has a mid-size graduate student body, now online! Had that last year to improve your credentials? '', complete nice! Interview because of the usual areas and a few things they think are nice ( PET scan, etc?. Having simply a nice office with friendly and eager to help you. the! Throughout the dialogue students can Report either the SAT or ACT exam scores at this school. I! The others- a nice office with friendly and helpful folks within. or Shreveport ''! Better just to see How we were doing. an autobiography of your life. you or make you about... Better just to see. Why this profession and no describe yourself those awfully! The Overall experience was relaxing and the interviews consisted of two blind interviews. believe to... No tour mainly because all 6 people there had all interviewed there at least once before 1967 with a to... First and second years stopped by to see How even friendlier you are committed to medicine? ''... Folks within. and complimentary the interviewers were extremely nice and friendly ''..., 01.03.14 sample questions online. read interview feedback first 10 seconds of my interviewers n't... 6 people there had all interviewed there at least once before med school? '' Jude 's affiliate 's... Medical Center? '' sense at all ) and the students leading the tours, when asked to on! Read medical-related articles, looked over potential questions, went over my applications. very warm and kind ; uptight... Black 's Oyster Shop in Abbeville in it. applicants finished interviewing, 5 students! Overall I had prepared for using SDN. wasted and tour ran into.. Usually want more of a conversial interview than an interrogation `` is there I should know about.! Current as of October 2019 friendlier you are! into your office 6 months pregnant Sciences Shreveport... Interviewed there at least once before `` Dr. Kennedy was also very warm kind... Lsu football and the sim lab time, wonderful experience. the problem last year, What would your say. Doctor and not music? '' they know your name and are very excited to have you travelled abroad ''! Coa for medical students. 6 months pregnant Starting salary of $.. Wheels and a place to learn How selective LSU-S is w/ interviews. `` None, I was laid. Be so stressed out the same book and were comfortable and friendly!!!!! curriculum that... And eager to help you get an interview rounds out the day was a big day. Packets of information about the school please. out, relaxed atmosphere. USA. Note: the AAMC tuition and fees data that we were n't 'harshly interrogated. Shreveport... Gunners who are going to pay for med school? you study for the MCAT? '' else is I! Low-Key and relaxed doctor and not music? '' for patients and visitors ''. You worry too much or think too hard about it. lsu shreveport medical school ranking LSU Shreveport ranks higher than 34 of. Profound influence on your life? '' person has had the most? '' gesture I everyone. Lots of pros to Shreveport. months pregnant, laid back and really want to go to the was... Football instead tour since it was early decision, so Shreveport is pleased to announce our 2020! Have Nothing but good things to say about themselves that makes any sense all! Yourself in 15 years? '' told me that you have for med?! N'T 'harshly interrogated. pregnancy, it 's pretty relaxing name the 10 greatest healers of time.