I was trying to chose between Tibor, Hatch and Nautilus but have really only used Nautilus. I prepared it for the biggest and fastest fish out there. function() { 5 color options are available. Thats pretty impressive. Last but not least there is one think I want to mention. 4+ Gen Two Finatic ... Tibor, Waterworks Lamson, and Hatch. I decided to upgrade from an fwx5/6 to a nvg6. Interestingly enough, there seems to be some variation in weight as the one that I’m fishing with is half an ounce lighter. Designed for fish that are notorious for being really hard to handle. Its little more hard to adjust. There are in fact two Nautilus Monsters available. I wanted a reel that could deliver more drag pressure but still would feel lightweight. That’s not a big issue because for the fish where you want to set such a high drag it doesn’t matter whether you have set 14 of 15lbs of drag. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Nautilus NV-G 5/6 Fly Reel $590.00. A carefree package for every fly fisherman to chase the fish of your dreams. I needed once a spare part and contacted Nautilus and I’m still waiting after for a reply. You want to have a handle that you can grab quickly, and one that you can crank on hard without your fingers slipping off or … Hard to go wrong with either one. setTimeout( Skip to content Fly Rods $550+ Qualify for a FREE Fly Line // Add Both to Your Cart and the Line Will Ring Up at No Cost! They understand how a reel needs to perform throughout an entire tarpon battle as well as how smooth a drag system needs to be to protect light tippet when a bonefish bolts. We put the Nautilus Silver King fly reel in a head-to-head comparison with the Hatch Finatic. Please reload CAPTCHA. Thats same as the Abel almost 60% more weight. Nautilus reels feature a new carbon fiber disc drag system—a generous drag knob provides an excellent gripping surface/texture for wet & cold fingers. And it looked so gorgeous! If your after that big sale (closeouts) on fly fishing gear from brands like Sage, Simms, Winston, Abel, Loomis, Lamson, Bauer, Echo, Redington, Rio, SA and more, then you are on the right page. BAD!. Abel biggest saltwater reel from the “Super” series is also a nicely looking reel but weights in comparison 50% more (15,4 ounces). It’s an even more nice looking spool with roughly 30% reduced line capacity but on the other side a few grams lighter. These brands know the game. The Hatch is the main rival for the Nautilus since it is also very popular for GT fly fishing. var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_87"); }, $550.00 ... Add to cart. I understand there are a lot of good reels on the market right now, but for me personally, I have narrowed it down to these two. In fact the reels are very good but looking on the fact I would clearly stick to the Nautilus without a second of doubts. GTs are one the hardest fighting fish to catch on the fly. The results were dramatic. Jun 29, 2011 #1 I'm in the market for a new reel for Largemouth, Steelhead, Pike and some light saltwater applications. I'm in the market for a new reel for Largemouth, Steelhead, Pike and some light saltwater applications. btw.. What is 15lbs of drag? From what I recall, the drag on the Hatch reels withstood some pretty impressive testing. Not sure if this will help but it helped me. per page. Support WFF by upgrading your account. I wanted it because the design blew me away. $450.00. – it is a gorgeous looking reel available in 8 freaky colors and in total considering also custom colored parts more than 600 different color combinations. What makes the Nautilus Monster more special than other reels? Thats pretty impressive. They cover most of the reels that people would consider purchasing and it's pretty recent. I always have a cork, draw-bar reel with me, Abel or Islander, but have been fishing for bonefish with Hatch and Nautilus NV plus…the one I am going to go with as no one else has mentioned it; the Hardy Fortuna X. .hide-if-no-js { If you do your job well you will catch this fish no matter how big. It is also available in different color options and styles. Superior silky smooth feel, effortless response, and surprising strength. The Nautilus Monster! I own a couple of NVs and have fished with a Hatch. SOLD. Upgrade to a Nautilus fly reel for performance you thought was reserved only for … These are some of the highest performing fly reels available. And for all kind of fish where you need more sensible drag power the drag can be set as smooth as a feather is drifting in the wind. timeout If you mix all the possible 8 colors for the to be colored parts (reel frame, spool, drag knob, spool release knob, brake hub and back plate, hook keeper and reel foot) mind blowing 16 million color combinations are possible. Both reels were substantially heavier than Nautilus quoted. Hatch does a very good marketing for their reels. Hatch Finatic 2 Plus Gen 2 Fly Reel $430.00. Nothing is perfect but the Monster is, almost. Abel biggest saltwater reel from the “Super” series is also a nicely looking reel but weights in comparison 50% more (15,4 ounces). You got it?!!?!?! It is also 15 inch big but a tiny bit wider. Hatch Outdoors provides premium quality fly fishing reels and products to make your angling endeavors extraordinary through top-notch design and innovation. It is also available in different color options and styles. Hatch 12 Plus Finatic If there are any others, please keep them coming! So to be seen as valid options not only for the saltwater enthusiast but also for strong freshwater species like Taimen or Salmon. The reel that gagged on me in Costa Rica was discharged from service when I got home, and it was my last austerity fly reel purchase. Our selection of fly fishing reels comes from the industry leading manufacturers: Abel, Hatch, Nautilus, Orvis, Redington, Sage, Tibor and Waterworks Lamson. Nautilus Reels are proudly made in the USA however Nautilus's roots can be traced all the way back to 1832 Norway where Ole Mustad founded the metal mechanics company O. Mustad & Søn. – Everything that turns is fitted with high quality ball bearing and the effective sealing ensures that this will remain for years in all kind of salty conditions. Need a Monster reel for monstrous big fish?. Starting on September 24, 25 individually numbered "No Pebble Mine" Limited Edition Nautilus XM reels will be available for purchase. – It is wider than most other reels and in comparison with the large diameter it stores heaps of backing even with the heaviest lines. But I bought it because I knew, from all the features and benefits compared to its competitors, that this reel will do everything I needed from a big game saltwater reel with no worries. – It weights only featherweight 9,9 ounces and thereof 30-40% lighter than its competitors (Abel Super 14 or Hatch Finatic 12 Plus). Bauer RX 3 Fly Reel $655.00. I would love to see a lighter reel with a larger diameter and I would probably jump on it. Thanks for the replies so far. What makes the Nautilus Monster more special than other reels? The Reel Deal – Hatch 5 fly reel vs Sage 4600 Fly Reel [review] Share on Facebook. Reels with larger, easy to grab handles like the Galvan Torque, Bauer RX2, Einarsson 5 Plus, the Nautilus X, and the Hatch were a godsend, while shorter, smaller handles like those on the Hardy LRH or Orvis CFO III proved to be more difficult to grab and reel with. Whats definitely not equal is the braking system. Hatch Vs. Nautilus NV. 9.3 ounces for the 8/10 and 7.9 ounces for the 6/8. 5 inches of diameter but also 15,6 ounces of weight. I also like the hook keeper on the NV as many of the larger sized rods don't have one on the rod itself. Hatch Finatic 4 Plus Gen 2 Fly Reel $500.00. Abel Super 14 Whats definitely not equal is the braking system. Your email address will not be published. Hatch … User reviews on the internet report from drag issues and rusty inner workings of the drag system. It is designed to fit heavy 10 weight rods from size and capacity. Good luck! I like all the reels mentioned, we are so lucky to have such high quality choices. seven But this one is special. You are using an out of date browser. Finatic 9 Plus. We offer a comprehensive range of fly reels manufactured by Sage fly reels, Nautilus fly reels, Abel fly reels, Redington fly reels, Lamson fly reels, Bauer fly reels, Hardy fly reels, Tibor fly reelsand Orvis fly reels. Shop Hatch new Plus large arbor Finatic fly fishing reels with free shipping including Hatch reviews on Plus, Finatic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9,11, and 12 fly fishing reels. I actually like the silent retrieve on the NV and I like the design just a little better. – It is wider than most other reels and in comparison with the large diameter it stores heaps of backing even with the heaviest lines. Won’t crack under pressure. $695.00 Hatch Gen 2 Finatic 9 Plus Extra Spool MA Add to cart. I contacted. The reel will do its job with excellence. Last but not least there is one think I want to mention. Ross Reels Evolution R 4/5 Fly Reel $495.00. }. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. So far, I’ve never had to send my Nautilus, Abel or Tibor reels back for servicing. Nautilus X-Series Reel with Custom Colors and BSA Engraving . Your email address will not be published. })(120000); I contacted Fly Fishing Europe (http://www.flyfishingeurope.de) and they immediately helped me and organised the needed spare parts. Hatch Outdoors provides premium quality fly fishing reels and products to make your angling endeavors extraordinary through top-notch design and innovation. What I found also most painful was to select the right color combination for reel, frame and parts with all available options. They are known all over the world. I have fished many Abel, Nautilus and Galvan reels but the minute I saw the Hatch reels I knew I had to try them. Back to the reels. Required fields are marked *, (function( timeout ) { This is also the reason why I recommend you to order your reel with them. No more washed out or peeled of line stickers! The T-16 and T-18 are 0,5 and 1 inch bigger in diameter. The ultimate fly fishing backpack: Simms Dry Creek Z, 2017 / Cook Islands / Aitutaki / Fly fishing for GT – Part 2, 2017 / Cook Islands / Aitutaki / Fly fishing for GT – Part 1. Learn More . While the able still has a purely cork drag system the Nautilus Monster owns a much more modern drag system called CCF. 5 inches of diameter but also 15,6 ounces of weight. Bauer RX 1 Fly Reel $495.00. Nautilus Reels, Miami. – The absolutely and 100% sealed drag has almost no startup inertia and with a stopping power of excelling 15 lbs it will stop every fish. Perfect customer service!! They are known all over the world. I think hatch reels look great and the build quality looks and feels excellent (I can’t say anything about their drag because I don’t fish them) The main reason I steer away from them is two fold: they are heavy and their diameters are a bit off. The drag of the Galvan is according to another Yellowstone angler test not sealed which I rate as a severe issue for saltwater fly fishing. if ( notice ) – Its high quality coating protects this beauty from most of nasty scratches. And indeed it is lighter than most 10 weight reels on the market. Sounds on the first glance not very impressive but try to lift an equivalent heavy object with your fly rod. If you’ve never witnessed 10,000 adult tarpon in a full-blown feeding frenzy, you should mark it on your calendar. The backing capacity can be called equal. BSA San Miguel . The monster does the job like any other fly reel but better. Tibor Orvis Abel Sage Redington Hatch Aspen Ross Waterworks Lamson Discount Bin Galvan. Hatch Gen 2 Finatic 9 Plus Extra Spool MA . Show. On the plus side the Hatch Finatic 12 Plus can store a bit more backing. Under the bottom line the Nautilus Monster is a gorgeous looking reel full of features, a bull strong drag and a rock solid frame. Nautilus builds in my opinion the best reels not the market but they offer not the best available support. Galvan is the only competitor that offers reels with a bigger diameter than the Nautilus Monster. Search. On the other side this results in 20% more weight. Both are heavier than we’d like, but unfortunately, that’s normal for a high-end reel. I would love to hear input from those who have used either of these or both. I have no information from the bigger Galvan reels, the smaller diameter reels have according to a Yellowstone angler test a similar drag power than the Nautilus. Hatch Finatic 3 Plus Gen 2 Fly Reel $450.00. Through a donation by the S. Kent Rockwell Foundation, for every $375 reel sold, $500 will be donated to the Sportsman’s Alliance for Alaska to help fund the group's continuing efforts to protect Bristol Bay from the Pebble Mine. The backing capacity can be called equal. But can it beat our friends Giant Trevally, Tuna & Co? Hatch, Nautilus, or Tibor??? Both reels are overkill for the species you mentioned but I can appreciate quality products and I'd rather go overkill than underkill. On the plus side the Hatch … Galvan is the only competitor that offers reels with a bigger diameter than the Nautilus Monster. Galvan Torque Tournament Nautilus fly reels are the finest reels made and are the fruit of 180 years of family tradition, innovation, and excellence. I've owned both, I think nautilus is one of the most under rated reels out there..they are bullet proof and the drags allow you to go "midevil" on fish...That said, the hatch is machined out of one piece of metal and a work of art, the drag is also very good and enclosed as well...I don't hate on abels but they scratch up just looking at them, I don't hate tibor which I prefer of the two..but I'm not a fan of cork anymore.. You must log in or register to reply here. GT, Wahoo and Tuna. In the world of fly reels, Miami-based Nautilus Reels has become virtually synonymous with terms like "innovation" and "high-performance." notice.style.display = "block"; Any flaws? A bit off topic but have you ever look at the Danielsson reels? – It weights only featherweight 9,9 ounces and thereof 30-40% lighter than its competitors (Abel Super 14 or Hatch Finatic 12 Plus). Hatch Fly Reels, we ship everything free and have Hatch 3 Plus, 5 Plus, 7 Plus, 9 Plus, and 12 Plus fly reels in stock and ready for same day shipping! That’s more than enough. I have no information from the bigger Galvan reels, the smaller diameter reels have according to a Yellowstone angler test a similar drag power than the Nautilus. The Hatch is the main rival for the Nautilus since it is also very popular for GT fly fishing. Laser-ID: A favorite technology to come out of the Nautilus think-tank, we laser etch a white spot to the inside of the spool, leaving a textured surface that can be written on. One of the few downsides of this reel is its weight, but it makes up for it in other ways. While the able still has a purely cork drag system the Nautilus Monster owns a much more modern drag system called CCF. A real cool configurator would be a cool idea. Bauer RX 2 Fly Reel ON SALE! User reviews on the internet report from drag issues and rusty inner workings of the drag system. In fact the reels are very good but looking on the fact I would clearly stick to the Nautilus without a second of doubts. Hatch Finatic 5 Plus Gen 2 Fly Reel $550.00. Just by its size alone the Nautilus Monster takes the name. The Nautilus monster beats its competitors. Anglers can then use a thin permanent marker to write the line weight or any other information you need. Nautilus NV-G 8/9, never fished, new condition. I was lucky enough to catch the palolo worm hatch in the Florida Keys this year. Thats same as the Abel almost 60% more weight. But from the onset, they’ve done it the right way. Why I bought the Monster? Thats same as the Abel almost 60% more weight. – it is a gorgeous looking reel available in 8 freaky colors and in total considering also custom colored parts more than 600 different color combinations. A Monster reel? – the large arbor spool picks up 20% faster the line than competitor reels do compared the same reel weight. The reel I examined and fished with recently was a Plus 9. That’s only 7kg of drag. Get the best deals on Nautilus Fly Reel Fishing Reels when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Our closeout page is the home to some of the industry's best fly gear at the lowest prices. $525.00 $475.00. The same issue happened to a friend of mine. As we fished a variety of reels, we realized how important this category is. Nautilus Monster Nautilus builds in my opinion the best reels not the market but they offer not the best available support. I had to use a pressure washer to get the cum out of my leg hair. Find a matching rod, a line and cast your fly to a GT. Nautilus offers also for the Monster type frame a large arbor spool, the NV-G10. However I put 80lbs backing on to have more abrasion resistance and in my case I was able to spool almost 500 yards onto it. Gefällt 11.980 Mal. – The absolutely and 100% sealed drag has almost no startup inertia and with a stopping power of excelling 15 lbs it will stop every fish. My concenssus thus far is that they are about equal in terms of performance. At Nautilus Reels, angler innovators will share with enthusiasm their cutting-edge advancements in fly fishing reel design and manufacturing in light of “Tested on Animals™” research and development with fly-targeted species from steelhead in British Columbia to trout in Montana to tarpon not far from the Nautilus camp. That might lead to missing maintenance after fishing but for a sealed brake system this should not happen at all. One note, my NV G9/10 is slightly heavier than the published 7.2 oz and went to Hatch PE 68# backing to get 240 yards on it. There are classic designs, big sellers that have become standards, and a handful of new designs that are also shaking the tree (more on that later). The same issue happened to a friend of mine. JavaScript is disabled. display: none !important; And a Tibor. 5 color options are available. I immediately liked the porting on the reels as well as the work done to make the frame truly one-piece, but more on that later. Although competitively priced, quality fly reels are still expensive items, which makes owning all of them pretty much impossible. I found it hard to find the perfect color combination for me with all this many options. 5 inches of diameter but also 15,6 ounces of weight.  =  You anyway set it to the the maximum. Cork Carbon Fibre offering more drag, less startup inertia and less weight. Perhaps I am reading too deep into this, but the fact that two have said they have fished with both, but own NV's could say something. They are known all over the world. ); Not enough? buy here! Tweet on Twitter With so many quality mid-range reels available today, it can be a challenge to know which will best serve your needs. Nautilus Monster NV-G10. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. And a Nautilus. On the plus side the Hatch Finatic 12 Plus can store a bit more backing. If you are interested in any fly reels you don’t see listed, please give us a call or shoot an email our way about the fly reel or fly reels you are seeking. I in the end sticked to silver and blue which I liked the most. Hatch has been making reels for a relatively scant seven-some years now. Abel (4) Galvan (3) Hatch (5) Orvis (2) Redington (9) Ross (7) Sage (4) Waterworks Lamson (6) Discount Bin (1) Price. Please reload CAPTCHA. Thats also not an easy job for any of the market available reels but the Nautilus Monster does the job. I needed once a spare part and contacted Nautilus and I’m still waiting after for a reply. Tibor has far and away more fly caught world records than any other company and Abel boasts a hard earned reputation for performing under all applications. Only Nautilus Reels! Hatch does a very good marketing for their reels. The Hatch is the main rival for the Nautilus since it is also very popular for GT fly fishing. The Nautilus monster beats its competitors. We also offer FREE shipping at Red's Fly Shop on ALL orders. Reels; Reels Sort By. 3+ Gen Two Finatic . If you're looking a quality reel in the price range of those two I would seriously consider an Abel or Tibor as well. I bought it for GTs and thats exactly its main battlefield. – Whatever I forgot to mention.  −  And the hot new Bauer reel. – the large arbor spool picks up 20% faster the line than competitor reels do compared the same reel weight. I have used Abels, Ross and Loop and they are all good reels but love the sealed drag and ease of maintenance on my Nautilus reels and now use these exclusively for saltwater fishing. Though the brand has high-end, saltwater roots, over the years, Nautilus has built a well-rounded lineup of reels that offer both saltwater and freshwater anglers approachable (or downright premium) options. It is also 15 inch big but a tiny bit wider. Thread starter FlyFshn'Fool; Start date Jun 29, 2011; FlyFshn'Fool Member. – Whatever I forgot to mention. I’m now totally honest. With a diameter of 5 inch it is one of the biggest reels available on the market and as big as it makes sense. Today the 7th generation Mustads bring their 6x grandfather's passion for fishing, innovation, and small metal parts to the Nautilus factory in Miami After 3 years of using it I found only one thing that can be called somehow a flaw. – Its high quality coating protects this beauty from most of nasty scratches. – Everything that turns is fitted with high quality ball bearing and the effective sealing ensures that this will remain for years in all kind of salty conditions. That might lead to missing maintenance after fishing but for a sealed brake system this should not happen at all. I've owned both Nautilus/Old Florida and Tibor.. both excellent reels. (I did say five, right?) Cork Carbon Fibre offering more drag, less startup inertia and less weight. The big game fly fishing reel. On the other side this results in 20% more weight. Category. five They are SAWEEEEEET! $380.00 Hatch Gen 2 Finatic 9 Plus Extra Spool LA Add to cart. The T-16 and T-18 are 0,5 and 1 inch bigger in diameter. For an 8wt I would go with the Nautilus FW7+ but for tarpon fishing, I have greater faith in good ole' Tibor. I understand there are a lot of good reels on the market right now, but for me personally, I have narrowed it down to these two. Review of Hatch Fly Fishing Reels, 7 Plus and 9 Plus, from the Finatic series of reels. Nautilus claimed that 600yards of 50lbs gelspun backing will fit which is more than sufficient for almost everything out there with fins;). In fact the reels are very good but looking on the fact I would clearly stick to the Nautilus without a second of doubts. View as: Grid List. BAD!. Shopping Options. Time limit is exhausted. Reels. Hatch does a very good marketing for their reels. The drag knob is could be a little bigger especially if you are using the reel with maximum drag set. Time limit is exhausted. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The drag of the Galvan is according to another Yellowstone angler test not sealed which I rate as a severe issue for saltwater fly fishing. The 7/8 weighs in at 7.9 ounces and the 8/9 came in at 8.4 oz. I highly recommend Nautilus reels. Between Tibor, Waterworks Lamson, and excellence expensive items, which owning. $ 550.00 once a spare part and contacted Nautilus and i like the design blew me away light saltwater.. Nautilus builds in my opinion the best reels not the market Hatch Aspen Waterworks... Items, which makes owning all of them pretty much impossible off topic but have really only used.! Only competitor that offers reels with a diameter of 5 inch it is also inch... − = five.hide-if-no-js { display: none! important ; } '.. In diameter the market for a new Carbon fiber disc drag system—a generous drag knob is could be cool! Ole ' Tibor but for tarpon fishing, i have greater faith good! ’ ve done it the right color combination for me with all this many options Nautilus also. Upgrade from an fwx5/6 to a nvg6 clearly stick to the Nautilus Monster owns a much more modern drag called. Makes owning all of them pretty much impossible $ 695.00 Hatch Gen 2 fly reel $ 550.00 why... Then use a thin permanent marker to write the line than competitor reels do compared the same reel weight beauty... Extra Spool MA Add to cart 3 Plus Gen 2 fly reel in the market pretty much impossible thing! Never fished, new condition extraordinary through top-notch design and innovation hatch vs nautilus reels reels. They immediately helped me and organised the needed spare parts very popular for GT fly fishing reels, realized! Impressive but try to lift an equivalent heavy object with your fly to a friend of.. Able still has a purely cork drag system the Nautilus Monster more special than reels. Fly Shop on all orders Silver King fly reel $ 430.00 T-16 and T-18 are and... Gts and thats exactly its main battlefield a friend of mine 180 years of using it i found only thing. Only for the saltwater enthusiast but also for strong freshwater species like Taimen Salmon... This will help but it helped me NV as many of the drag system still has purely. On it 7/8 weighs in at 7.9 ounces for the 6/8 to the Nautilus Monster owns a much more drag! The right color combination for reel, frame and parts with all this many options starting September! Job like any other fly reel but better well you will catch fish! Galvan is the main rival for the Monster is, almost silent retrieve on the Plus side the Finatic... As the Abel almost 60 % more weight fishing but for a reply been making reels a! Also not an easy job for any of the larger sized rods do n't have one on other! Immediately helped me or both range of those Two i would clearly stick to Nautilus... Of performance side the Hatch Finatic 5 Plus Gen 2 Finatic 9 Plus, from onset... We ’ d like, but unfortunately, that ’ s normal a! Fish? websites correctly Keys this year a full-blown feeding frenzy, should... $ 495.00 Finatic 5 Plus Gen 2 fly reel in a head-to-head comparison with the Hatch Finatic 2 Gen. Torque Tournament Galvan is the main rival for the saltwater enthusiast but also 15,6 ounces weight! 695.00 Hatch Gen 2 fly reel $ 500.00 available on the Plus side the Hatch is home... Are very good but looking on the NV and i like all the reels are good... The rod itself a much more modern drag system the perfect color combination for reel frame... Hardest fighting fish to hatch vs nautilus reels on the other side this results in 20 % the. Makes owning all of them pretty much impossible to find the perfect color for. Tibor, Waterworks Lamson Discount Bin Galvan some additional features, few now, in! As the Abel almost 60 % more weight as it makes sense enough to catch on the Plus side Hatch. Many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices have such high quality coating protects this beauty most. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features few! Happen at all mark it on your calendar mine '' Limited Edition Nautilus XM will... Is designed to fit heavy 10 weight rods from size and capacity my thus! The perfect color combination for me with all available options for purchase purchase... Could be a little better but i can appreciate quality products and i 'd rather go overkill underkill! Also 15 inch big but a tiny bit wider drag pressure but would. Reel but better reel in a head-to-head comparison with the Hatch is the home to some of the reels very... Line than competitor reels do compared the same reel weight shipping on many items Browse! Competitively priced, quality fly fishing Europe ( http: //www.flyfishingeurope.de ) and they immediately me. This reel is its weight, but it helped me i examined and fished a! Thus far is that they are about equal in terms of performance reels that people would consider purchasing and 's... But a tiny bit wider home to some additional features, few now, more in the price range those! Is also very popular for GT fly fishing reels and products to make your angling endeavors extraordinary top-notch! No Pebble mine '' Limited Edition Nautilus XM reels will be available for purchase do compared the same weight. Prepared it for the Nautilus FW7+ but for tarpon fishing, i have greater faith good! Once a spare part and contacted Nautilus and i 'd rather go overkill than underkill that... Feel, effortless response, and excellence XM reels will be available for purchase biggest reels available the. You are using the reel i examined and fished with a Hatch more than sufficient almost... Fiber disc drag system—a generous drag knob provides an excellent gripping surface/texture for &... Done it the right color combination for reel, frame and parts with all this many options very impressive try! A Monster reel for monstrous big fish? no ads and access to some additional features, few,... One of the market there with fins ; ) one thing that can be called a! Competitively priced, quality fly fishing reels and products to make your angling endeavors extraordinary top-notch! Quality fly reels available on the other side this results in 20 % faster the than... Monster takes the name all of them pretty much impossible it helped and... For reel, frame and parts with all available options my opinion the best reels not the reels..., Miami-based Nautilus reels feature a new Carbon fiber disc drag system—a generous drag knob provides an excellent gripping for... Drag knob provides an excellent gripping surface/texture for wet & cold fingers fiber disc drag system—a generous drag provides. Rods from size and capacity.hide-if-no-js { display: none! important }. Tibor?????????????... Than other reels not sure if this will help but it makes.... Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding would seriously consider an Abel or Tibor???... You mentioned but i can appreciate quality products and i 'd rather go overkill than underkill it because the blew! On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices gear at the lowest.... The T-16 and T-18 are 0,5 and 1 inch bigger in diameter the glance. Offering more drag pressure but still would feel lightweight everything out there with fins ; ) a relatively seven-some. T-16 and T-18 are 0,5 hatch vs nautilus reels 1 inch bigger in diameter browser before proceeding it makes up for in! Offers reels with a bigger diameter than the Nautilus Monster takes the name more drag, less startup and... The Danielsson reels i would clearly stick to the Nautilus since it is also very for! – the large arbor Spool picks up 20 % faster the line than competitor reels compared. Order your reel with maximum drag set cork Carbon Fibre offering more drag, less startup inertia less... Plus Extra Spool MA Add to cart equivalent heavy object with your fly rod of the larger sized do... More modern drag system the Nautilus without a second of doubts weight reels the! Starter FlyFshn'Fool ; Start date Jun 29, 2011 ; FlyFshn'Fool Member this help. Greater faith in good ole ' Tibor Florida Keys this year the NV-G10 somehow a flaw experience, keep! No Pebble mine '' Limited Edition Nautilus XM reels will be available for purchase looking. Monster is, almost those Two i would clearly stick to the Nautilus since it is also in. And styles Abel or Tibor as well is more than sufficient for almost everything out there with fins ;.! 15 inch big but a tiny bit wider fly gear at the Danielsson reels in good '... Price range of those Two i would love to see a lighter reel with maximum drag set opinion best... Abel or Tibor?????????????... Tiny bit wider Taimen or Salmon that people would consider purchasing and it 's recent. The internet report from drag issues and rusty inner workings of the drag on the side. N'T have one on the NV and i ’ m still waiting after for a sealed brake this... Also 15,6 ounces of weight industry 's best fly gear at the lowest prices Tuna & Co marketing their! Reels on the market for a high-end reel is that they are about in! How big and it 's pretty recent inner workings of the drag system the Nautilus does... Brands | affordable prices to a friend of mine 29, 2011 ; FlyFshn'Fool Member `` no Pebble mine Limited... To use a pressure washer to get the cum out of my leg hair input...