Halfway or Half Way may refer to: Places Canada. halfway definition: 1. in the middle of something, or at a place that is equally far from two other places: 2. not…. Halfway through definition is - when half finished : at the middle point (of). In this example, part way can also be used as one word (partway) but is more commonly seen as two words. Half Way Or Halfway? Jim stopped part way across the bridge. It was a terrible film – I left halfway … My hair is "half way" down my back. If you pass your exam, you'll be halfway/half way there (to a better life) Thanks! He thought he'd made the halfway point. Jun 11 2008 21:50:17. anonymous + 0. Help would be most appreciated! Halfway, New Brunswick, a community in Durham Parish; Halfway, Ontario, a community in Madawaska Valley; Ireland. Almost all of them, like halfway, are closed, but a couple retain a hyphen or are open.. Way, from the Old English term weg (the German cognate retains that spelling), means “path” or “course of travel,” and by extension it refers to a course or habit of life, as well as the manner in which something occurs. 2. Forums Grammar & Sentence Structure 1 6,447 + 0. ... Use this tool to determine the best city to meet, or to look for interesting stops along the way if you're planning a long road trip and you need to take a break or stay overnight. How to use halfway through in a sentence. Simply enter the addresses and a point of interest. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English halfway half‧way / ˌhɑːfˈweɪ $ ˌhæf-/ S3 adjective, adverb 1 MIDDLE at a middle point in space or time between two things SYN partway halfway through/up/down/between etc He chased Kevin halfway up the stairs. At times like this, I turn to the dictionary. Find a Halfway Point. Learn more. Half-way or Halfway? 1. Whether you are meeting a far away friend, organizing a Craigslist transaction, or connecting with a client for lunch, MeetWays helps you find the halfway point. Another word for halfway. Search for hotels at the midpoint city to split up your drive, or explore other nearby cities and discover local towns on your trip. My hair is "half-way" down my back. Another way to say Half-way? It is nice to know that we are half-way done with the trail and that we only have one more half to go but it’s also sad because the time has come and gone so quickly! Whenever I start thinking too much about this conundrum I just try to remind myself that the best is yet to come. Synonyms for Half-way (other words and phrases for Half-way). Hi all! Halfway Point Calculator. Find more ways to say halfway, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Both are acceptable but halfway is more common, as in: Meet me halfway on this. 3. The noun way constitutes the second half of many compound words. Halfway definition: Halfway means in the middle of a place or between two points, at an equal distance from... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Hello, I'm not sure which of the following sentences is correct? Or, He lives at the halfway house. My hair is "halfway" down my back. Halfway, County Cork, a village in the Republic of Ireland; United Kingdom. No more extra driving, lost time, or wasted gas.