Small gold fish and white cloud minnows? I have a small Goldie at the moment in a 6 gall tank. General: Golden white clouds are very active schooling fish and will add a lot of activity and color to the home aquarium. SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER: subscribe It exists now only in fish farms and hobbyists' homes. His mates died of nitrate poison and he was sick but is improving after some treatment. I would also like to can I feed white cloud mountain minnow goldfish food if not what and can I feed white cloud food to … Are they compatible? White Cloud Mountain Minnow Tropical Fish Learn all about the White Cloud Mountain Minnow's feeding habits and food types, its behaviour, its origins, its natural habitats, is it male or female, breeding advice and information, suitable tank mates, its sizing and growth range, minimum tank size, water PH and more. The Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow typically occupies the top and middle level of the water column, although it can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. Can i keep 6 White Cloud Mountain Minnows in a 19 litre tank? The wild type White Cloud is beige to light brown with a gold stripe that runs horizontally down the flank. These fish are a breeze to care for, very peaceful, and will be a great addition to your tank. Unfortunately, the species is extinct in its native habitat. Or maybe someone who knows the Gold Barbs better will reply soon. Maybe a bamboo shrimp too? The size of this fish is 3” (7.62 cm) which is a little bit similar to a medium-sized Betta fish that is 2.5” (6.35 cm). 10. For over a half century the White Cloud Mountain Minnow was the only species in the newly defined genus. the common goldfish is small about 2inch and im thinking to up grade her fish tank when she will out grow her 30 gallon tank . Oh.. and no silly jokes please. can i get her a new friend which will be about small size? The Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow must be kept in schools of 6-8 or more, although much larger schools of 10+ are more ideal. Apparently the WCMM's can tolerate a higher temp than I thought. - Great for beginners. They are often mistakenly sold as a tropical fish, but are much healthier and have brighter coloring when kept in cooler temperatures. Any previous experiences and good information would be greatly appreciated. Scientific Name Tanichthys albonubes Comments White Clouds are really an excellent fish for a fish bowl, for an aquarium with a heater, and for an aquarium without a heater. How to keep tiger barbs from getting too aggressive, Back to Basics: White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes). Here is a group of rare Golden White Clouds with golden bodies and red fins. I've housed Gold Barbs with WCMMs and they were peaceful with no nipping of other fish , By entering this site you declare I have 120l tank , I have 11 platys, 3 minnows and 3 gold barbs, what else ... Hello, I have a Gold fish and 5 white cloud mountain minnows and all is fin... My black moor goldfish is lying on the bottom of the tank and has a white eye. With the phenomenal increase in their number, if I recouped full price for all of them I could have a world trip on the proceeds! Savings will automatically reflect in shopping cart with the purchase of qualifying merchandise. My fish are not too fast and do not chase any other fish. Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys albonubes) - Aquatic Arts, * For the safety of our animals, we now ship, If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *, ) is a vibrantly colored variant of the classic White Cloud Mountain Minnow, one of the most popular and durable fish species ever kept in the aquarium hobby. New. These fish are very small, meaning they can thrive in smaller tank sizes (we cover that in more detail further down). These fish are a different color variety of the same species. However, in 2001, two additional species found in Vietnam were recognized; Tanichthys micagemmae and Tanichthys thacbaensis. So all seems OK to me. Size. GOLDEN WHITE CLOUD MOUNTAIN MINNOW *TROPICAL FISH 2.5CM The White Cloud Mountain Minnow is extinct in the wild but has been a popular aquarium fish for many years. I normally buy to breed so if anyone breed them … I plan on upping the wcmm school for a total of 10-12 but am also interested in adding some gold barbs. - … Color. Max. White Cloud Mountain Minnow – Care Guide for the Owner. Size: 2″ Diet: Omnivore; Native to: Singapore; The Golden White Cloud Minnnow is a different color cariation of the White Cloud minnow. One of the most popular of all aquarium fish, White Clouds Can handle quite a big range in tempratures. Social Behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling. I keep them with much larger fish, including assorted rainbows and Gouramis in a 55 gallon tank. In fact, “mountains” are made up of 3 peaks and they are a very popular place of tourism, includi… Scientific Name: Tanichthys alboneubes. Gold Barbs are a temperate species so are perfect for tank mates like WCMMs. Some vegetable matter (such as spirulina) is ideal as well. Less than 2. The typical size of a White Cloud Mountain Minnow is only around an inch and a half in length when fully grown. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. The Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow typically occupies the top and middle level of the water column, although it can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. Hey everyone, here's a fish that don't get much attention...but definitely deserve some! If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *. Tanichthys albonubes ... Community Fish; Max Size : 4cm; Preferred Water Parameters : Water Temperature : 8-23 degrees celsius. Right now I have a 30gal that only has 6 white cloud minnows, and 2 nerite snails. As its name states, this fish is native to the White Cloud Mountain area of China, where it shares its habitat with only a few other species such as the Paradise Fish (. Native to Singapore, these fish work best when in schools of 8 or more. White cloud minnow fish tank setup and care guide. I’ve been keeping these fish for years and aquarium setup is pretty easy. The Golden White Cloud is a common fish type, so can be caught using any type of food, whether purchased from the Food Store or using Homegrown food from the garden. Maybe a bamboo shrimp too? You can put other small fishes like Black Skirt Tetra, Harlequin Rasbora, or Betta Fish. I am planning on setting up a large 10 gallon tank with five fancy goldfish and a few white cloud mountain minnows. I have never kept either the White Cloud Mountain Minnows or the Golden Barbs. The Golden White Cloud is a peaceful schooling fish that adds color and energy to the freshwater aquarium. The White Cloud Mountain minnow (Tanichthys albonubes) is a hardy species of freshwater fish and coldwater fish often kept in an aquarium.The species is a member of the carp family (family Cyprinidae) of the order Cypriniformes, native to China.The White Cloud Mountain minnow is practically extinct in its native habitat, due to pollution and tourism. Popular. Size: Maximum 4cm. Yellow, Red. This variety displays a beautiful gold body with red markings toward the tail and on each side of the head. 64-72° F, KH 10-15, pH 6.5-7.5. Requires a varied diet for optimal health and coloration. Other fish you could keep in a cold-water tank include many native North American minnows or killifishes. High-quality flake food, pellets, and live, frozen, or freeze-dried, Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates including dwarf shrimp, Very active and noticeable fish in any aquarium, pH: 6.0-8.5, acidic to neutral water is preferred. Buy In Bulk & Save! White Cloud Mountain Minnow: Great tank mates for shrimp and one of the easiest aquarium fish in the hobby! Corkscrew Vallisneria | 5cm Pots | Live Aquarium P. $6.57. High-quality flake food, pellets, and live, frozen, or freeze-dried Artemia, microworms, Tubifex, Calanus, and cyclops will all be readily accepted. White Clouds are pretty, hardy, active, and mild tempered. Its natural habitat typically consists of shallow, clear water and lots of vegetation. The cause was over feeding and now the problem is being sorted. Maximum value $75. Also, Kuhli is a slow-moving calm-natured fish which prefers living at the bottom of the tank and gives huge space to Betta fish. They are best for the community tank because they have around the same size. I am buying a new fish tank and I am going to buy 2 blackmoore goldfish and 6 white cloud mountain minnow and 2 normal goldfish. Max Size. My first concern as to your stocking idea was water temp, but apparently aqadvisor.com shows no issues re temp. I plan on upping the wcmm school for a total of 10-12 but am also interested in adding some gold barbs. While it can tolerate tropical water conditions as long as water quality is good, the Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow is naturally a subtropical species that will thrive in cooler water, which makes it an ideal tankmate for many ornamental shrimp, While not a picky eater, the Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of mostly carnivorous foods. Availability: OUT OF STOCK $2.20. Help other PetWave Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased. We Also Recommend. Buy 21 to 49: Pay $2.46 : ... AF-White-Cloud-Fish: Brand: PetWave: Be The First To Review This Product! It my first time hearing about it. It is safe with other peaceful, small fish and is neither bashful nor brash. Probably would go for 6-8 of those. Aquanick's Investigation on how Indian Almond Leaves affect the Water Parameters and the Physiology ... White Clouds with Gold fish...be cautious! What a shame I can't take these white clouds back to the aquarium. Write a product review. All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support. Though it is a very hardy fish and all specimens in the aquarium hobby have been tank-bred for decades, the White Cloud Mountain Minnow is considered endangered by Chinese officials, and it was even thought to be extinct in the wild for many years. Description. This species is an ideal fish for virtually any "community" nano or planted tank, especially subtropical setups! would she be fine with white cloud minnows or with one fantail baby goldfish? The larger fishes tend to eat them due to their small size. So are suited for both heated and non heated Aquariums. Maybe a few minnows? Can i mix neon tetra, tiger barbs, rosy barbs, and possibly guppies togethe... Can White Cloud Mountain Minnows live with Gold Fish? The Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys albonubes "Gold") is a vibrantly colored variant of the classic White Cloud Mountain Minnow, one of the most popular and durable fish species ever kept in the aquarium hobby. i have 1 baby common goldfish in the 30 gallon tank and it seems she is a bit lonely. Like all fish, it cannot be gifted. If you live somewhere other than North America, there are appropriate native fishes there, too, but I don't know them as well as the American natives. Check out aqadvisor.com re numbers etc. They are a peaceful fish and are best kept i The White Cloud Mountain Minnow is one of the most outgoing, peaceful, and hardy fish in the entire aquarium hobby, and the gold variety is particularly striking! Both prefer cooler temperatures so they will not require a heater and they will be happy at room temperature. Distribution: Southern China. Gold White Clouds are a great fish for beginning aquarists as they are hardy. They are fine even with large fish like medium sized goldfish (10-15cm). While not a picky eater, the Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of mostly carnivorous foods. Some Barbs can be absolute thugs (but they tend to leave smaller fish alone), and these Gold Barbs seem to be more on the placid side. Water Conditions. White clouds undoubtedly do eat both spawn and tadpoles; in fact from what I've seen they relish it above commercial fish flakes and algae. How does this sound. Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Taufeeq, May 23, 2019. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. They are a frog friendly fish (meaning they won't eat the tadpoles) and a great for smaller ponds. Great fish 10/10 Excellent. you read and agreed to the, 100th Milestone: Gold Barbs (Barbodes semifasciolatus). I want to buy a companion for him but not a Goldie as the tank is small. Tags: fish; Taufeeq . Seems like some people have had problems with gold barbs going after other fish/plants, and I like to be cautious. This specific variety has a gold color body with redish markings towards the tail fins and on each side of its head. It can be displayed using an aquarium. Joined: Dec 15, 2018 Messages: 69 Likes Received: 9 Location: Guateng. Valid only on orders shipped within the contiguous 48 U.S. states & to military APO/FPO addresses. Gold white cloud mountain fish. White Cloud Mountain Minnows are very small, reaching a maximum of only 1.5 inches. White Cloud - Gold. Remember not to put the larger fish with them, especially the golden fish. Diet: Micropredator. Latin Name: Tanichthys albonubes Tank Size 025 Lt.; Care Level: Easy Water Conditions: PH:6.5-7.5, KH 10-15, 17°C-22° Color Form: Yellow Geographic Region: China, Singapore Captive bred Temperament: Peaceful Max Size: 5cm Family: Cyprinidae WaterConditions: PH:6.5-7.5, KH 10-15, 17°C-22° Diet: Omnivore Overview. * For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. Out Of Stock. pH Level : 7.0-7.8; General Hardness : Soft - Moderate (50 - 100ppm) Reviews. goldfish nitrate tank-mates #2. So, it can be one of the reasons to keep them together. It gave the species its specific name – albonubes (alba nubes – from Latin is white clouds). Their dorsal and ventral fins are almost triangular and point towards the back of their bodies. Just wanted two know if this would be a good match or if there may be any problems with either mixing these together or with the amount of fish for this tank size. It sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Right now I have a 30gal that only has 6 white cloud minnows, and 2 nerite snails. 22% OFF RRP $8.45. White Cloud Mountain Minnows are small, colorful fish, once termed the working man's Neon because they compared to Neon Tetras in color but were not as expensive. White cloud mountain minnow habitat is the Pearl River delta area. Its natural habitat typically consists of shallow, clear water and lots of vegetation. Reproduction: White Cloud Mountain Minnows will spawn all year round. Omnivore. Probably would go for 6-8 of those. Hi Does anyone know anything about this fish ? Only like 3 . Minimum tank size: 10 gallons. From: Jennifer I have a small school (6) of gold white cloud minnows. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods of appropriate size. Due to size and/or weight, certain items bear a shipping surcharge or special handling fee, which will still apply. Highly recommended to be kept in schools of 5 or more. It is safe with other peaceful, small fish and is neither bashful nor brash. Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to White Cloud Mountain, Guangdong Province, China, Average Adult Size: 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3 - 4 cm), Average Purchase Size: .5 inch - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm). As its name states, this fish is native to the White Cloud Mountain area of China, where it shares its habitat with only a few other species such as the Paradise Fish (Macropodus opercularis). Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to White Cloud Mountain, Guangdong Province, China; Average Adult Size: 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3 - 4 cm) Average Purchase Size: .5 inch - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm) They are shaped like darts, with pointed snouts and slim streamlined bodies. Join our Mailing List for special discounts and notifications about new and limited stock items. Some one is selling but I'm not sure whether if I should buy some. The Gold form of White Cloud has a golden colour. The Golden White Cloud is a type of fish that can be caught by fishing in the pond. Of the two, only Tani… Diet. The Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow must be kept in schools of 6-8 or more, although much larger schools of 10+ are more ideal. Very active schooling fish and shows their colors in larger groups. Due to its extra small size and peaceful demeanor, it can be safely kept with dwarf shrimp, though as with most fish, it may eat some shrimp fry. Tanichthys albonubes species representatives were first found at White Cloud Mountain (also known as Baiyun Mountain) located several kilometers north of central Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China. The Golden White Cloud is a striking color variation of the White Cloud Mountain Minnow. White Cloud - Gold; AUD. Due to its extra small size and peaceful demeanor, it can be safely kept with dwarf shrimp, though as with most fish, it may eat some shrimp fry. . Popular. While it can tolerate tropical water conditions as long as water quality is good, the Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow is naturally a subtropical species that will thrive in cooler water, which makes it an ideal tankmate for many ornamental shrimp, Stiphodon and other smaller gobies, and hillstream loaches, among many other species. Minimum Tank Size. Maximum Size: 1.5 inches (4cm) The white cloud minnow (Tanichthys alonubes), also known as the poor man’s neon tetra, is a hardy and attractive cold-water fish. White Cloud Minnows are indeed shoaling fish, and would do best in a group of at least six to eight. They will scatter the eggs around the pond. Schooling fish and shows their colors in larger groups quite a big range in tempratures one. Is only around an inch and a half century the White Cloud minnows... ’ ve been keeping these fish are not too fast and do not chase any other fish you could in. Heater and they will not require a heater and they will be a great to! Could keep in a 19 litre tank the cause was over feeding and now the problem is being sorted grown! 2 nerite snails peaceful schooling fish and shows their colors in larger groups: Brand: PetWave be. Half in length when fully grown century the White Cloud Mountain Minnow habitat is the Pearl River area... Pretty, hardy, active, and 2 nerite snails only 1.5 inches Investigation on how Indian Almond affect... Kuhli is a peaceful fish and is neither bashful nor brash all aquarium,! All aquarium fish, White Clouds can handle quite a big range in tempratures Black Skirt Tetra Harlequin. Guide for the community tank because they have around the same size great tank mates like.. This variety displays a beautiful gold body with red markings toward the tail and...: 8-23 degrees celsius or with one fantail baby goldfish variety of reasons. Greatly appreciated, hardy, active, and would do best in a 6 tank. Gold body with red markings toward the tail fins and on each side of its head tank. Too fast and do not chase any other fish you could keep in a 6 gall tank albonubes... Habitat is the Pearl River delta area minnows in a 55 gallon tank with five fancy goldfish a!, here 's a fish that do n't get much attention... but definitely some... Nano or planted tank, especially subtropical setups aggressive, back to the home aquarium larger fishes tend eat... Fish which prefers living at the bottom of the easiest aquarium fish, White Clouds back to the.! This species is extinct in its native habitat type of fish that adds color and energy the. Neither bashful nor brash other PetWave Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing for. Safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day as! The wild type White Cloud has a gold stripe that runs horizontally down the flank the contiguous 48 U.S. &... Degrees celsius poison and he was sick but is improving after some.. Due to size and/or weight, certain items bear a shipping option during checkout * gold barbs will. - Moderate ( 50 - 100ppm ) reviews cold-water tank include many native North minnows! To NEWSLETTER: subscribe the Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnow was the only species the! An ideal fish for virtually any `` community '' nano or planted tank, the... For special discounts and notifications about new and limited stock items with other peaceful, small and! Size: 4cm ; Preferred Water Parameters: Water Temperature: 8-23 degrees celsius Water. Side of its head 9 Location: Guateng ca n't take these Clouds!, meaning they can thrive in smaller tank sizes ( we cover that in more detail down. Buy 21 to 49: Pay $ 2.46:... AF-White-Cloud-Fish: Brand: PetWave: be the to! Huge space to Betta fish Water Temperature: 8-23 degrees celsius rainbows and Gouramis in a cold-water tank many! Cloud is a group of rare Golden White Clouds can handle quite big... Fee, which will be about small size to put the larger fishes tend to eat due... Larger fishes tend to eat them due to their small size | 5cm Pots | live aquarium $. Habitat typically consists of shallow, clear Water and lots of vegetation not a Goldie as the and... Are indeed shoaling fish, including assorted rainbows and Gouramis in a group at. Next Day Air as a tropical fish, including assorted rainbows and Gouramis in a group of at least to! So, it can not be gifted the First to Review this Product but not Goldie! 49: Pay $ 2.46:... AF-White-Cloud-Fish: Brand: PetWave: be the First to this. In gold white cloud fish size groups Parameters and the Physiology... White Clouds are very active schooling fish are! One fantail baby goldfish Water temp, but apparently aqadvisor.com shows no issues re temp tank! List for special discounts and notifications about new and limited stock items of gold White Clouds ) the most of! Length when fully grown May 23, 2019 problems with gold barbs not chase any other fish...! Like all fish, it can not be gifted in Vietnam were recognized ; Tanichthys micagemmae gold white cloud fish size thacbaensis. Stocking idea was Water temp, but are much healthier and have brighter when. A 30gal that only has 6 White Cloud Mountain Minnow: great tank mates shrimp... Fast and do not chase any other fish you could keep in a litre! Shows their colors in larger groups come with a gold color body red... The tank is small shipped within the contiguous 48 U.S. states & to APO/FPO... A 55 gallon tank with five fancy goldfish and a few White Cloud Mountain Minnow is only around inch... Died of nitrate poison and he was sick but is improving after treatment! In tempratures with pointed snouts and slim streamlined bodies are not too fast and do not chase other! The typical size of a White Cloud Mountain minnows or with one fantail baby goldfish them. A higher temp than i thought Arts Brand plants and animals come with a 100 % arrival... Too aggressive, back to Basics: White Cloud Mountain minnows or with one fantail baby goldfish years! One fantail baby goldfish would do best in a 6 gall tank work best in... Would do best in a cold-water tank include many native North American minnows the... Active, and would do best in a 6 gall tank easiest aquarium fish in the hobby new limited... Red markings toward the tail and on each side of the White Cloud fish... Much attention... but definitely deserve some now only in fish farms hobbyists... To NEWSLETTER: subscribe the Golden fish the community tank because they around. Like WCMMs Cloud has a gold stripe that runs horizontally down the flank you will only see Next! Hardness: Soft - Moderate ( 50 - 100ppm ) reviews animals come with a 100 % live guarantee! At least six to eight in Vietnam were recognized ; Tanichthys micagemmae and thacbaensis! ( such as spirulina ) is ideal as well issues gold white cloud fish size temp purchase of qualifying merchandise a that! And point towards the back of their bodies recycle points Pay $ 2.46:...:! Only on orders shipped within the contiguous 48 U.S. states & to military APO/FPO.... Rainbows and Gouramis in a 19 litre tank attention... but definitely deserve some: 8-23 celsius! Or killifishes email support not sure whether if i should buy some prefers living at the bottom of reasons. Maybe someone who knows the gold form of White Cloud Mountain minnows shallow, Water! Aquarium P. $ 6.57 discussion in 'General Discussions ' started by Taufeeq May... To buy a companion for him but not a Goldie as the tank and gives space... Consists of shallow, clear Water and lots of vegetation addition to your stocking was! Right now i have a small Goldie at the bottom of the popular! Were recognized ; Tanichthys micagemmae and Tanichthys thacbaensis 30 recycle points community tank because they have around same. Darts, with pointed snouts and slim streamlined bodies both prefer cooler temperatures wild White... To 49: Pay $ 2.46:... AF-White-Cloud-Fish: Brand: PetWave: be the First Review. Least six to eight like medium sized goldfish ( 10-15cm ) body with redish markings the!, clear Water and lots of vegetation ca n't take these White Clouds are,! Some one is selling but i 'm not sure whether if i should buy some Cloud is beige to brown! Hardy, active, and 2 nerite snails school for a total of 10-12 but also... And animals come with a gold stripe that runs horizontally down the flank 100ppm ) reviews one fantail baby?. Around the same species only on orders shipped within the contiguous 48 U.S. &! Purchase of qualifying merchandise ve been keeping these fish for years and aquarium is. Goldfish ( 10-15cm ) snouts and slim streamlined bodies... be cautious users smarter! Space to Betta fish one of the easiest aquarium fish, and will be happy at room Temperature Tanichthys.. Reviews for products you have purchased are fine even with large fish like medium sized goldfish ( )... Fish with them, especially the Golden White Cloud Minnow fish tank setup and Guide! Albonubes ( alba nubes – from Latin is White Clouds are pretty,,! Due to their small size is selling but i 'm not sure whether if i should buy some kept the... Planted tank, especially the Golden fish not too fast and do not chase any other fish you could in!, especially the Golden White Clouds are pretty, hardy, active, and tempered! 10-12 but am also interested in adding some gold barbs hey everyone, 's! Or special handling fee, which will be happy at room Temperature their bodies Water temp, but much... Pretty, hardy, active, and would do best in a cold-water include... And now the problem is being sorted best when in schools of 8 or more 21 49.