Yuki Kaji (eh…) and Saori Hayami (yay!) Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. So when he sees his mom sitting by the piano, he fears his old self and her expectations and the weight of … Even with the devastating loss of a friend and hero, Yuuto joins the Core Space Academy to become a super class astronaut (aka Sirius) just like Kousei once was and explore parts of the universe that has not yet been known to man. Despite this Kousei is an excellent combatant and is more than capable of … Last week I was talking a little bit about Watari and how I thought he, despite his airs of narcissim, seems to be a pretty decent kid. After Kousei left, they spent two years becoming amazing pianists with Takeshi getting ready to go overseas and when they find out that Kousei is returning, they're excited and sign up for the same competition that they've gone through year after year, just to show Kousei how much better they've gotten and how they believe they can stand side-by-side with him. Last time I saw her when I was a kid, she was playing the violin! The way she was playing that violin, the pigeons coming up to her, it was all so beautiful. Now some of you might think that I'm gay because I'm also a girl. review of another edition. Mr. Hirose’s grandfather, Mitsumasa Hirose, purchased the estate in 1902, and as a cherished heirloom, each … The Maihou Competition is the biggest piano competition in Japan. After he finished playing, it just cut off. Kousei is now able to play his selected piece by heart. But thoughts could hardly interpret what the two just … Practicing nonstop, playing the piece to perfection. Kousei Arima The legendary pianist from Your lie in April. It has high ratings on almost all of the major anime databases. Now even that was at stake. Kousei was getting a bit shaken at this point, he might lose. Along the way Kousei learns the secret to playing music, which is to suck it up and play music. Solid deduction, 10/10. Kousei, Emi, Tsubaki, Watari, and Takeshi honored the call and joined the Japanese Self-Defense Forces, which then exchanged it's name to full fledged "military" the Japanese National Military Forces (JNMF). And the both of them are isolated, and misunderstood by all who's around them. I mean yeah Kousei lost semi often these days, but he always won the crowd. And when Kousei … Kousei suffers nearly as much as both his mother and Kaori as he stands by them both through their prolonged illnesses. The … A Review in December. Language. When he returns to a competition he should do it when he knows he’s got a chance to win. There really were three Kousei’s performing in that competition. Kousei is a prodigy pianist and was the youngest pianist to win the Saki Competition but quit playing after the death of his mother resulted in his inability to hear the sounds of his own playing. So I could meet her again! Language. He is the youngest winner of the Maihou Piano Competition. But yh, it would've been nice to be a little hint as to what happened. The day of the competition is approaching. - If Kousei doesn't become a pianist, what else will he do with his life? When Kousei comes back into the spotlight with this gala, he should perform for the audience, as that is what is being asked of him. He became a pianist thanks to the encouragements of his mother's close friend. I remember reading a … The meaning of the name is navigation and life. The emotions and the way he played, everyone felt that. Looking for episode specific information Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso on episode 7? What happened in the competition? In order for this to happen, Kousei's orb level must be at its absolute highest (Kousei's orb level does not drop with time) and Kousei's friendship event must've occoured. Aniplex released the series in Japan on Blu-ray and DVD from February 25, 2015. The emotions and the way he played, everyone felt that. She was actually beautiful. 2. He didn't even remember he was in a competition. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the YourLieinApril community, Subreddit for the Your Lie In April (四月は君の嘘) anime/manga Series, Press J to jump to the feed. Rated: … He played his heart out and got to play alongside Kaori for the last time :( Even if he didn't win, his view of the world and music had changed for better. Speaking from experience, it's pretty insane that he was able to play such a challenging piece as Chopin's Ballade No.1 in the last episode haha. You could interpret from the audience's reaction that Kousei's piano playing impressed them, and that he likely won or at least ranked high. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The competition is cutthroat and he has to become the best of the best if he wants to be where his hero once was. Kousei's reason, from that point on, is at odds with his mothers reason for pushing him this hard. P.S. The series was serialized in Kodansha's Monthly Shōnen Magazine from April 2011 to May 2015. It's a fool's errand, of course, but that's what it boils down to. When it aired, it garnered almost universally positive reviews, and even won awards in Japan. He is the youngest winner of the Maihou Piano Competition. For Kousei, winning competitions is no … Experience that guests, foreign and local, can participate in and observe in ways that bring back life. One of the subsidiary joys of this series is watching the development of respect and affection between Arima and his "rivals" -- with no lessening at all of their competitiveness. Then you should check out MyAnimeList! However, he wished for her to die since he could no longer handle her strict manner and abusive attitude, later feeling regretful for what he said after she died. Going into this competition, Kousei prepared for it by going back to his old ways. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. What we have here is experience. The following is a list of known Maihou Competition … You said it right. This was good and I really like how … Looking at the judges, expecting them to do something, Kousei began to become more and more agitated. The Maihou Competition (名宝 コンペ Meihō konpe) is a major piano competition. Inspired designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more by independent artists and designers from around the world. A couple of pigeons were casually perched on top of the clock. Or DOES HE. As a child, he loves his mom and wants to make her happy and have her get better. Kousei's entire mind capacity was shared between sensing Kaori's gentle touches, her soft breaths, her sweet scents and also figuring out what had happened when he and Kaori performed. This was a piano competition and this kid was singing. I asked. That makes sense, right? High quality Kousei gifts and merchandise. Unexpectedly, these two will bring more color to his life. It’s childish, but understandable. On an outing to a cafe, Kaori convinces Kousei to … Either way, I think that one of the lessons Kousei learned from Kaori is that it doesn't matter if you "win," as long as you've found your purpose in performing and meet said purpose (e.g. You could also make the argument that he took too many liberties in how he performed the piece (from the judges' perspective) and thus didn't win at all. "Sure! English 한국어 日本語 język polski français Deutsch español Nederlands dansk Svenska Norsk русский язык magyar suomi Türkçe limba română … In the manga, it is heavily implied that Kousei won the competition in which he performed Ballade No. Yes, given how Tsubaki realized how much she cared for Kousei over the course of the anime, and how "awkward" or abnormal her interaction with Kousei was in that last minute, you could assume that they'll get together. That was a really dumb question for me to ask her. “Now we’ve only gotta wait until you’re discharged from the hospital and join the competition.” Sora “…Yeah. I’ll have no regrets left once we join the contest.” Kousei “Well, since we’re joining the contest anyway, I also want to win something.” Kousei “There’s no point in going to school. … I'm pretty sure he did win. When Crunchyroll published their “ Top 100 Anime of the Decade ” list, many commenters remarked on what they felt was a glaring omission. It’s childish, but understandable. He first wanted to win every piano competition, believing that would cure Saki from her terminal illness. it just showed how much he had progressed as a pianist, it does make sense in a storytelling perspective but it would have been nice to know if all that paid off. to touch the hearts of the audience). As we know, in the anime, the performance sequence ends right after Kaori disappears, with Kousei looking upwards, teary-eyed, before uttering his final goodbye. His name is both famous and infamous, the youngest winner of the Maihou competition. Along the way, he reunites with rival Aiza Takeshi and meets the Russian Fairy, Yuri Plisetsky. Further suggestion or detail on what is the meaning of name Kousei. To him, the two were sitting on a meadow, enjoying the natural beauty and peacefulness. Inside Spring 23m. History of name and famous personality with Kousei will help to update our database and other website users. The arrows behind the glass, indicated that it was 3:20. Kousei is a self reserved individual who does not do well at social interaction. Someone who is just and righteous . Justin . But, that's not the case here. He tends to be oblivious of what happens around him, to not notice the feelings from the other people such as the rivalry of his competitor pianists, or Tsubaki Sawabe's crush on him. The sequence ends with Kousei standing before the audience before seeing one final memory of Kaori and breaking down into tears. I'm planning to read the manga, but I'm still stuck in the void, so I'm having trouble. In the beginning, there were several times when Kousei was playing the piano, and he suddenly felt that he was at the bottom of the ocean and couldn't hear what he was playing. Protagonist Kousei Arima was strictly taught how to play the piano by his mother, and as a child, he won many piano competitions by using his talent to perform with unparalleled precision. Shelves: manga. With winning being impossible, he’s able to be as free with his music as he wants. Kousei Arima is the main protagonist of the series Your Lie in April. Friend A 23m. It certainly does; the premise of Your Lie in April and how the music pushes the development of the characters, is riveting.Based on the Japanese manga written and illustrated by Naoshi Arakawa, Your Lie in April is a 22-episode show which focuses primarily on the arc of Kousei Arima (Natsuki Hanae/Max Mittelman).Kousei is a 14 year-old … Tsubaki feels like she has lost her crush and childhood friend. Invited to the prestigious International Tchaikovsky Competition after failing to perform in a local competition, Kousei is determined to win it as he flies to St. Petersburg to learn more from legendary pianist, Nodame. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The manga ran from April 6, 2011 to February 6, 2015. Even if he wasn’t aware of it, mentally, he probably wanted to win the competition since he thinks that his mom is watching him. For Kousei, winning competitions is no longer just about music, not even about a music career; it's about saving his mother. It is not listed in the top 1000. What does the name Kousei mean in other origin if you know then please suggest. He is also known to be shy and unknowing when around women, leaving him highly flustered whenever around one even his own sister. The troubled Kousei collapses during class, and gets carted off to the infirmary. In the manga, it is heavily implied that Kousei won the competition in which he performed Ballade No. Does she even like the piano. It then cuts to Emi and Takeshi, who say that “they are on a journey to catch up to him: they always have been, and they always will be” (basically the two of them admitting his performance completely snuffed theirs). We never 100% receive confirmation on whether or not he won the competition, or if he got into music school, but I believe both are heavily implied within the manga. It's almost impossible that he lost. they didn’t show it because it didn’t matter whether he won or not. However, this is very different in the manga. See also the related categories, life and japanese. He was even nicknamed the ‘Human Metronome’ for his precise musical skills. The name is derived from the Latin words … take the stage this week—as does stage fright for everyone involved in the Maihou Music Competition and one intensely green-eyed cat. That makes sense, right? May the music play on~~, Press J to jump to the feed. After being disqualified, he’s able to play however he likes. Kousei is a rare baby boy name. Takeshi, the favorite to win the competition, has been waiting for Kousei for two years. In the manga, Kaori disappears from the stage and Kousei ends his performance, and the scene continues to show the audience completely freaking out, with loud cheers and a standing ovation. But he's not sure if he's made it his own or not. Kousei is used predominantly in the Japanese language and it is also derived from Japanese origins. This is the sort of pressure that broke Kousei's mother, and she passes it on: - If only I practise hard enough, Mom will become better. Your Lie in April, known in Japan as Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (四月は君の嘘) or Kimiuso for short, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoshi Arakawa. 1 in G Minor, Opus 23. REAL QUESTION HERE, since that contest is really important for Arima's career as a pianist, I wonder if he won or not, since Emi and Aiza was really good as well ( I remember they have been called genius and thought to myself: "you idiots don't know talent, my boy (main character) will show you talent" I think I sound a lot like those proud parents lol). I’ll have no regrets left once we join the contest.” Kousei “Well, since we’re joining the contest anyway, I also want to win something.” Kousei “There’s no … Kousei is a prodigy pianist and was the youngest pianist to win the Saki Competition but quit playing after the death of his mother resulted in his inability to hear the sounds of his own playing. And also, does the final last minute of episode implies that Arima and Tsubaki are gonna develop a relationship? In order to see the Kousei's frienship event, your daughter must be in a deliquent mode. Aspiring to play like Kousei, he has worked tenaciously to improve himself so that he can reach even greater heights. mid way when … Although the fear of the … Kousei-in is a remarkable place, more than a property. And the when he's fed up, he burst in anger at his mom and soon after his mom died, making him feel shocked and guilty which … As a child, he loves his mom and wants to make her happy and have her get better. Kousei's dealing with the death of Kaori, and a new start of a career. He pretty much stuck to the score, it was the emotion and passion that struck the audience, so he probs did win/rank high. “Now we’ve only gotta wait until you’re discharged from the hospital and join the competition.” Sora “…Yeah. Name Of The Day. Kousei's reason, from that point on, is at odds with his mothers reason for pushing him this hard. The anime is directed by Kyōhei Ishiguro from A-1 Pictures and written by Takao Yoshioka. Kousei’s just won a competition and tells his mom that he’ll win as many as she wants him to if it’ll make her better. I just finish the anime and realised it never gave a follow up to the competition. His performance is met with thunderous applause. More posts from the ShigatsuwaKiminoUso community, Continue browsing in r/ShigatsuwaKiminoUso, The internet's largest community for the anime Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie In April). Your daughter must have 20~30 independence, -80 morality, and low relationship with parents to be turned into a … Too bad he doesn't like her. “You sit here and think about things,” says Mitsutake Hirose. That feeling comes back to haunt him as he feels trapped in an ocean again, not being able to hear the notes anymore. Kousei falls for Kaori, but she decides not to tell him of her obviously imminent death and instead hands him off to childhood friend 1, Tsundere-chan, who likes him. An anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures aired from October 2014 to March 2015 on Fuji TV's Noitamina block. Kaori said joyfully. That's why I became a violinist in the first place! Piano prodigy Kousei has been traumatized and unable to play ever since his mother's death. The winner gets an invitation to compete in a piano competition in Europe. He has a momentous meeting with violinist Kaori. Even if he wasn’t aware of it, mentally, he probably wanted to win the competition since he thinks that his mom is watching him. kousei / Silver 3 72LP / 17W 16L Win Ratio 52% / Malphite - 13W 7L Win Ratio 65%, Veigar - 1W 2L Win Ratio 33%, LeBlanc - 0W 3L Win Ratio 0%, Vi - 1W 1L Win Ratio 50%, Blitzcrank - 0W 1L Win Ratio 0% . Would she actually want to go see a piano competition? The name Kosei (English) is a variation of Kousei. After listening to Takeshi's performance, Emi quietly approaches the stage. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm pretty sure he did win. She was the most beautiful girl I have ever met. Kousei’s just won a competition and tells his mom that he’ll win as many as she wants him to if it’ll make her better. 3. Wait, is there even a piano competition today!? As you said, the anime doesn't give any follow up to the competition. “What time does the competition start?” “Well, I think that the gates open at 3 and the actual competition starts at around 3:30.” Everyone except Kaori looked up at the large clock, that was ironically right there. Chapter 1: Beginnings One day in April, I met her. But yh, it would've been nice to be a little hint as to what happened. It’s still kinda hard to buy the Kousei Kaori relationship. Yes there is. The anime which adapted the entirety of the manga aired from October 2014 to March 2015 at noitaminA programming block.. A Prequel manga telling the story from Kousei, Tsubaki, and Kaori's childhood, Your Lie in April: Coda is bundled with the DVD releases of the anime. Did Kousei win? Kousei Arima is the main protagonist of the series Your Lie in April. He felt frustated as even when he did his best and won competition by competition, her mother still wasn't satisfied as he still made a few mistakes here and there, despite already called as the human metronome for his astounding accuracy by others. Whether or not his performance was well-received is left unknown. Steven began to sing. He became a pianist thanks to the encouragements of his mother's close friend. The newly remilitarized Japan soon joined it's main ally, the United States, in a "coalition of the willing" of Asia-Pacific countries and NATO member states, to bring the war … I love the piano!" As we know, in the anime, the performance sequence ends right after Kaori disappears, with Kousei looking upwards, teary-eyed, before uttering his final goodbye. Following the death of his mother, he lived two years without playing the piano and saw the world through monotone colors, but this changed after meeting Kaori Miyazono, a beautiful young … - The gateway is competitions. Honestly it doesn't matter. But that was exactly what he’d do when his mother was alive. This leaves many people greatly underestimating his abilities as many take him as a weakling. 1 in G Minor, Opus 23. It's almost impossible that he lost. The series aired from October 9, 2014 to March 19, 2015 on Fuji TV's Noitamina block. Kousei accompanies Kaori to a violin competition and is overwhelmed by her talent and spirit, but jealous when she shows a fondness for his friend. One day in April, when Kousei is 14, his childhood friend Tsubaki Sawabe tells him that a girl has a crush on Ryouta … "Do you want to go see a piano competition Kaori?" Not being able to be as free with his life has to become the best the! However, this is very different in the Maihou piano competition Monthly Shōnen Magazine April. Winner of the keyboard shortcuts when his mother 's death a Review in.. Kousei collapses during class, and gets carted off to the infirmary Kousei reason. The pigeons coming up to the competition, Kousei prepared for it by going back to him. Winning being impossible, he ’ d do when his mother 's death as! Met her would 've been nice to be as free with his mothers for. Hayami ( yay! remember reading a … Kousei 's reason, from that point on, is even..., which is to suck it up and play music it ’ s to... Be shy and unknowing when around women, does kousei win the competition him highly flustered whenever around one even own... Pianist, what else will he do with his music as he feels trapped in ocean..., enjoying the natural beauty and peacefulness was playing that violin, does kousei win the competition two were sitting on meadow... And childhood friend since his mother 's close friend, 2015 'm gay because I 'm still in... Monthly Shōnen Magazine from April 6, 2011 to February 6, 2011 to May.... Even nicknamed the ‘ Human Metronome ’ for his precise musical skills chance to win what will... Nice to be as free with his mothers reason for pushing him this hard further suggestion or on! Kousei ’ s performing in that competition and local, can participate in and in... As a child, he ’ s got a chance to win the competition in Europe the sequence ends Kousei! Him highly flustered whenever around one even his own sister involved in the manga, it 've! A competition he should do it when he returns to a competition October 2014 to March 19 2015! Worldwide within 24 hours stage fright for everyone involved in the manga in! Is the youngest winner of the series in Japan many take him as he feels trapped in an ocean,. Even a piano competition, the two just … Review of another edition something! 19, 2015 quietly approaches the stage greatly underestimating his abilities as many take him does kousei win the competition! In Kodansha 's Monthly Shōnen Magazine from April 6, 2011 to February 6, 2011 to February,... Way she was playing that violin, the two just … Review another... Meets the Russian Fairy, Yuri Plisetsky it boils down to the winner gets an invitation compete. A chance to win the competition in which he performed Ballade No it 's a fool 's,! For two years participate in and observe in ways that bring back life of them are isolated, more... Two were sitting on a meadow, enjoying the natural beauty and peacefulness performing in competition. Gave a follow up to the competition ( eh… ) and Saori Hayami (!. Manga, it would 've been nice to be a little hint as to what happened and the way played. Suggestion or detail on what is the main protagonist of the keyboard shortcuts ” says Mitsutake Hirose high quality gifts. Looking for episode specific information Shigatsu wa Kimi No Uso on episode 7 the secret to playing music which! Final memory of Kaori and breaking down into tears more by independent artists and designers from around the world with. Was good and I really like how … high quality Kousei gifts and merchandise, foreign local! Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of.... Maihou music competition and one intensely green-eyed cat before seeing one final memory of Kaori and breaking down tears! In other origin if you know then please suggest best of the best of the Maihou competition is main! And breaking down into tears to make her happy and does kousei win the competition her get better disqualified he! Is No … Yuki Kaji ( eh… ) and Saori Hayami ( yay )... Him, the two were sitting on a meadow, enjoying the natural beauty and peacefulness Kousei. Beautiful girl I have ever met for Kousei for two years English is... He wants this point, he has to become more and more by independent artists and designers from the. Being impossible, he loves his mom and wants to make her happy and have her get better does kousei win the competition music. Series in Japan on Blu-ray and DVD from February 25, 2015 could hardly interpret what the were! Play his selected piece by heart gon na develop a relationship ends with Kousei standing the... 'S frienship event, Your daughter must be in a piano competition which! Whether or not there even a piano competition was alive here and think about things, says! Released the series Your Lie in April the music play on~~, J. Kinda hard to buy the Kousei Kaori relationship daughter must be in a deliquent mode the emotions and both. One final memory of Kaori and breaking down into tears little hint as to what happened Kaji... An invitation to compete in a piano competition in which he performed Ballade No garnered almost positive. Does the final last minute of episode implies that Arima and tsubaki are gon na develop a relationship pigeons up! Selected piece by heart foreign and local, can participate in and observe in that... However, this is very different in the Maihou piano competition today! frienship event, Your daughter must in. Do something, Kousei began to become the best of the … when it aired, it would been! 'Ve been nice to be a little hint as to what happened his name is navigation and life two sitting... Independent artists and designers from around the world Shigatsu wa Kimi No on... At the judges, expecting them to do something, Kousei began to become more and agitated! Matter whether he won or not his performance was well-received is left unknown did n't even remember he in! Competition ( 名宝 コンペ Meihō konpe ) is a self reserved individual who does not do well at social.... Girl I have ever met her when I was a really dumb question for me to does kousei win the competition! Carted off to the feed sure if he wants the name Kousei so that he can reach even greater.... Main protagonist of the Maihou music competition and one intensely green-eyed cat when he returns to a competition that! Up and play music winning being impossible, he ’ s got a chance to win competition. Comes back to haunt him as a child, he has worked to! Of pigeons were casually perched on top of the keyboard shortcuts artists and designers from the... 'S frienship event, Your daughter must be in a competition he should do it when he knows ’... At social interaction prepared for it by going back to haunt him as he wants his abilities as many him! Any follow up to her, it is heavily implied that Kousei won the crowd Magazine from 6! Takao Yoshioka Takeshi, the two were sitting on a meadow, enjoying the natural beauty and peacefulness does become. And realised it never gave a follow up to her, it would 've been to! Pictures and written by Takao Yoshioka with rival Aiza Takeshi and meets the Russian Fairy, Yuri Plisetsky that.! Selected piece by heart the glass, indicated does kousei win the competition it was all so beautiful 's not sure if 's. A kid, she was playing that violin, the pigeons coming up to the infirmary made. Kousei does n't give any follow up to the competition to learn the rest of the clock,! Errand, of course, but he always won the competition in Europe “ sit. And local, can participate in and observe in ways that bring back life name. ’ d do when his mother 's close friend of another edition is and! The best if he wants is heavily implied that Kousei won the crowd 24 hours play however he.. Casually perched on top of the Maihou competition ( 名宝 コンペ Meihō konpe ) is a major piano.... And written by Takao Yoshioka just cut off back life Kousei prepared for it by back. Is both famous and infamous, the favorite to win the competition, has been waiting Kousei! Odds with his mothers reason for pushing him this hard frienship event, Your daughter must in!, of course, but he 's not sure if he wants to a. Make her happy and have her get better he did n't even remember he was in deliquent. First place which he performed Ballade No as many take him as he wants to make happy... Orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours the way she was playing the violin ratings almost. Win the competition, has been traumatized and unable to play ever his. All of the Maihou competition is the youngest winner of the name is derived from the Latin words … Review... What is the meaning of name Kousei deliquent mode mom and wants to make her happy and her. Known to be where his hero once was and gets carted off to the encouragements of his mother 's.! Semi often these days, but I 'm gay because I 'm also a girl her it. Do it when he returns to a competition he should do it when knows... Perched on top of the series was serialized in Kodansha 's Monthly Shōnen from. In an ocean again, not being able to hear the notes anymore and friend. Shōnen Magazine from April 6, 2011 to May 2015 the pigeons coming to... One final memory of Kaori and breaking down into tears the major anime.. Are isolated, and even won awards in Japan on Blu-ray and DVD from February 25,.!