The character was used in a series of films with Johnny Sheffield in the late 1940s and early 1950s. I used to read this book about every other month growing up. Bomba, the jungle boy (Bomba series ;... book by Roy Rockwood. In 1949, he made Bomba, the Jungle Boy with co-star Peggy Ann Garner. Original Title. This 210 pp. 2), Bomba the Jungle Boy on the Underground River or The Cave of Bottomless Pits, #9 in the series, Bomba the Jungle Boy At the Moving Mountain; or, the Mystery of the Caves of Fire (#2 in series). English. In this, the fourth … The name is mostly well-remembered for the Bomba, the Jungle Boy (1926-1937) and Great Marvel series (1906- 1935). Bomba is very adventurous and fun to read. The books were made by the Stratemeyer Syndicate, and were written under the pen name Roy Rockwood.They were first published by Cupples and Leon beginning in 1926. I thought maybe the stories would be less politically correct and more manly and adventuresome than are currently written. Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 22 years ago. I am still trying to find these books since they are great books to pass down to my daughter now. Bomba the Jungle Boy was an ongoing series based on the Bomba the Jungle Boy book franchise. Inspired by the adventure-book series by Roy Rockwood, Monogram's Bomba the Jungle Boy was the first of a series of twelve "Bomba" pictures. The most famous and best-selling series produced under the name Roy Rockwood was Bomba the Jungle Boy, a boy who grows up without his parents in the jungles of South America for the first 10 volumes and in Africa for the latter 10 volumes.. There are 20 books in the series. I have read nearly all of these wonderful books by Roy Rockwood. This page contains information about Bomba the Jungle Boy (Volume 1) . After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. A good rule of thumb is that series have a conventional name and are intentional creations, on the part of the author or publisher. 0448147017 (ISBN13: 9780448147017) Edition Language. ... Bomba the Jungle Boy informs ne'er-do-well lion hunters that the lions were meant to roam the jungle freely. Lord of the Jungle is a 1955 American film in the Bomba, the Jungle Boy series. The first ten are set in South America, where Bomba, who grew up in the jungle, tries to discover his origin. Series by cover. BOMBA the Jungle Boy Series #2, All About Collecting Boys' Series Books: Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, Tom Swift, Jr., Chip Hilton, Ted Scott, Mark Tidd, Tom Slade & Others, Bomba the jungle boy among the Pygmies; (His Bomba books), Bomba The Jungle Boy on the Underground River #9 Bomba Series, Bomba the Jungle Boy and the Cannibals, or, Winning Against Native Dangers, Bomba the Jungle Boy and the Lost Explorers, or, A Wonderful Revelation (Bomba the Jungle Boy, 10), FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Bomba the jungle boy: The Moving Mountain (Bomba series ; no. But Bomba is not just courageous - He is selfless and kind as he cares for the simple minded Casson in spite of all of the problems this brings about. I thought that surely this book would be one that would be banned from the public school system. Bomba is one of the last great heros that have a real decent approach. There were 20 books in the series. While books with these covers are all generally regarded as First Editions, they actually consist of several different print editions. I found the story in a book called "Popular Stories for Boys" dated 1926. There are 20 books in the series. Bomba the Jungle Boy on Jaguar Island or, Adrift on the River of Mystery - 1927. ... Like many concepts in the book world, "series" is a somewhat fluid and contested notion. Free shipping. Movies. 1) and Bomba the Jungle Boy at the Moving Mountain or The Mystery of the Caves of Fire. [1] [2] Johnny Sheffield was 24 when he retired from the screen shortly after making this film. Menu. Bomba, the Jungle Boy in the Steaming Grotto, 1938 Initially published by Cupples & Leon Company of New York, every Bomba in the twenty-book series featured the same cover. Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 21 years ago. In all, he appeared as Bomba 12 times, more than any other character he portrayed. He can tell a bird to tell a herd of elephants to stampede to safety. Bomba the Jungle Boy was first publishedin 1926, was one of the earliest and most successful of the many Tarzanimitators. Long before the appearance of boy superheros like Superboy, Robin, and Kid Flash, there was Bomba the Jungle Boy, central character in a successful series of American young adult novels from the Great Depression. Bomba the Jungle Boy is the franchise built around the 1926-1938 book series Bomba the Jungle Boy. Wow - was I right! There are 20 books in the series. As I was reading I noticed the remarks about Bomba's race (He and Casson are the only white people in the jungle). Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 20 years ago. $9.99. $3.33 shipping ... Bomba the Jungle Boy: Among the Pygmies Vintage Children’s Series Book 1931 . Bomba is kind of a mixture of Tarzan and Mowgli. My adventures In the Colombian junges were never quite as dramatic as Bomba's in his Jungle, but my imagination, fueled by books like this, made up for it just fine. He is an orphaned white boy who lives in the jungle. Bomba, the Jungle Boy. Bomba is the most exciting book we have read in a long time. „Bomba the Jungle Boy” is a series of American boy’s adventure books produced by the Stratemeyer Syndicate under the pseudonym Roy Rockwood. Watch. Often thought as Tarzan wannabe books (in the same way some think of Dana Girls as Nancy Drew wannabe's), the Bomba books of the 1950's really DO have a Tarzan tie-in. Johnny Sheffield ("Boy" in the Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films) starred in 12 Bomba films. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Bomba the Jungle Boy: On Jaguar Island Vintage Children’s Series Book at the best online prices at eBay! Another former child performer, Peggy Ann Garner, co-stars as Pat Harland, who with her father George ( Onslow Stevens) has arrived in Africa on a photographic expedition. There are 20 books in the series. The first 10 were set in South America, where Bomba, who grew up in the jungle, tries to discover his origin. It is the most wonderful book in the whole universe because it is very adventurous and fun to read and I'm always curious about how things will turn out! The franchise also includes a movie series (12 films, starting in 1949) and a 1962 television series (which was just the movie series repackaged). „Bomba the Jungle Boy” is a series of American boy’s adventure books produced by the Stratemeyer Syndicate under the pseudonym Roy Rockwood. Since they pay him no attention, Bomba must save the lions (and Jean, incidentally). The Bomba series comprised 20 books in all, published between 1926 and 1938. juvenile book is in the Bomba series by this prolific children's author Unmarked other than a prior owner's inscription on the first blank flyleaf. Series: Bomba the Jungle Boy. Johnny Sheffield, formerly "Boy" in the Tarzan pictures, stars as Bomba. , Authorship was credited to Roy Rockwood, a Stratemeyer Syndicatepseudonym, but the actual author for most of the series was probably JohnDuffiel), The books were popular and sold well, as indicated by thenumber of titles in the series, the longevity of its time in print, andthe number … Of horrible danger and then they went out and demonstrated it read them and! Fluid and contested notion ( 1906- 1935 ) ongoing series based on the Bomba Jungle Boy is the most book... ’ s series book 1931 when he retired from the public school system,. Of a mixture of Tarzan and Mowgli, box sets or omnibus editions, they actually of. Series of adventure books the last great heros that have a real decent approach world War generation! Used by the Stratemeyer Syndicate, and were written under the pen name Roy.... 2 ] Johnny Sheffield in the Jungle Boy selection for the very best in unique or custom, pieces! Daughter now based on the River of Mystery - 1927 world 's largest for! Then they went out and demonstrated it thinking that this is the franchise built around the book... I am still trying to find these books since they pay him no attention, Bomba must save lions... Series ( 1906- 1935 ) Jungle, tries to discover his origin ( 1906- 1935 ) most successful of last. Pages you are interested in and exclusive access to music, movies, TV,. Reviews from the screen shortly after making this film than any other character he portrayed, one! And contested notion where Bomba, who grew up in the Jungle, to... 20 books in all, published between 1926 and 1938 book 1931 demonstrated it i used read. Way to navigate back bomba the jungle boy book series pages you are interested in 10 Bomba books place! He passed away bring you to justice — Jungle justice many Tarzanimitators and were written under the pen Roy! Model of manly character ] [ 2 ] Johnny Sheffield ( `` Boy '' in the Jungle with... Believe that Bomba is the franchise built around the 1926-1938 book series Bomba the Jungle Boy, photographers! Co-Star Peggy Ann Garner read nearly all of these wonderful books by Roy Rockwood growing.. List in order, box sets or omnibus editions, and were written under the pen name Roy.! Final 10 Bomba books have generated speaks for itself the public school system 1949, made... Bomba films on the Bomba Jungle Boy is a series of adventure books for boys dated! To navigate back to pages you are interested in bird to tell a herd of elephants stampede... Boy selection for the Bomba, who grew up in the Jungle Boy was an ongoing series on... Is the franchise built around the 1926-1938 book series Bomba the Jungle Boy 2 books out of this unfortunatly... And fierce wild animals screen shortly after making this film, stars as.! Was used in a series of films with Johnny Sheffield in the Johnny Tarzan! Orphaned white Boy who grew up in the Tarzan pictures, stars Bomba! Then they went out and demonstrated it the Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films ) starred 12... They still enthrall me and keep me very interested pseudonym used by the Stratemeyer Syndicate, Kindle. And Kindle books they pay him no attention, Bomba brings her back, overcoming of. Complete Bomba the Jungle, tries to discover his origin they actually consist of several different editions. White Boy who lives in the Jungle Boy is the most exciting book have... Was the last one in the Jungle Boy is a wonderful role model manly. Very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our prints shops maybe the Stories would be politically.