The band's hits include "Tighten Up" and "I Can't Stop Dancing" (both 1968), "The Soul City Walk" (1976), and "Everybody Have A Good Time" (1977). Highlight. See who else is listening to Archie Bell & the Drells, The Drells and discuss the latest tracks, news, and features with fans at Last.fm. Add all to Wantlist Remove all from Wantlist. Nobody has posted anything yet. Rodders22. There's Gonna Be A Sho… Archie Bell & The Drells. Archie Bell & The Drells. Edit Master Release Data Correct . All; Auction; Buy it now; Sort: Best Match. Discover (and save!) Europe and Rest Of The World please put items into your shopping cart and request total, alternatively pay the full … Archie Bell (born in Henderson, Texas on September 1, 1944) & the Drells were a Houston soul vocal group, one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Archie Bell & The Drells, Soundtrack: Off Limits. The inlay is basic (a gatefold slip of paper) and lacking in details at this price - so here's … Archie Bell & The Drells discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell & The Drells. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Ex-musician Selling A Piece of Musical History. Released July 1969 ℗ 1969 Atlantic Recording Corp. Also available in the iTunes Store More by Archie Bell & The Drells. Sign In; New customer? Archie Bell & The Drells There's Gonna Be A Showdown records, LPs and CDs The Drells & Archie Bell. "Houston, Texas" pays homage to Archie Bell & the Drells' hometown, but they didn't write it -- non-Texans Gamble, Huff, and Bobby Martin did. Melba Mooore & Phil Perry. Majestic Flexx Entertainment 133,628 views. Watts, who left the group before we became famous, loved the Dells and added the “r” to come up with ‘Drells.’ We always said that a Drell is an excellent entertainer and a perfect gentleman. Bell was singing in Houston night clubs at … Watch the video for When You Left Heartache Began from Archie Bell and The Drells's Tighten Up for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Descubre ediciones, críticas, créditos, canciones y mucho más acerca de Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up en Discogs. The following tracks will sound good when mixed with Archie Bell & The Drells - How Can I, because they have similar tempos, adjacent Camelot … 1969. Watts, who left the group before we became famous, loved the Dells and added the “r” to come up with ‘Drells.’ Also, earlier today I heard on a syndicated '60s oldies&rarities radio show a single of hteirs pre-dating their Atlantic tenure, released on East West Records. Buy as many single sheets of music as you like for the same postage charge. Genres: Soul, Philly Soul, Funk. Related Playlists . Archie Bell and the Drells. Aretha Franklin. My Favorite Person The O'Jays Past, Present and The Futures The … 25. Marvin Gaye. Edit Master Release Data Correct . PRETTY SURE HE WAS DUE IN FLEETWOOD A FEW YEARS AGO … “L.C. Archie Bell & The Drells ‎– Tightening It Up The Best Of Archie Bell & The Drells Label: Rhino Records (2) ‎– R2 71725 Format: CD, Compilation Country: US Released: 1994 Genre: Funk / Soul . Inked name on front page. Complete your Archie Bell & The Drells collection. Said it's up to me, To come up with a strategy, To make you mine, To make you mine, Girl why you wanna make me sweat, Standing there playing hard to get, All the time, All the time, I said it's … Statistics … Vinyl and CD Sell Copy. Archie Bell And The Drells Live 1975 Hard Not to Like It 1976 Live Bells - [The Dave Cash Collection] 2011 I Can't Stop Dancing (Mono) 1968 Tighten Up / I Just Can't Stop Dancing (Original Artist Re-Recording) - Single 2008 Dancing to Your Music - Single 2019 You May Also Like See All. Archie Bell and the Drells were based out a Houston. Tighten Up (1968) was sampled in Free Xone by Janet Jackson (1997) Ladyflash by … 1-25 of 51 results. 3:55 PREVIEW 27 Songs, 1 Hour, 12 Minutes. Everybody Needs Love. Who edits the bio' blurbs here?! View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1968 Presswell Press Vinyl release of Tighten Up on Discogs. Complete your Archie Bell & The Drells collection. Native Texan Archie Bell first formed his group with some friends in 1966. Archie Bell & the Drells was one of the most enjoyable (but often overlooked) dance groups of the late 60s and early 70s. There's Gonna Be A Showdown. ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS Where will you go when the party's over- A Tom Moulton Mix. Melba Mooore & Phil Perry. Archie Bell formed the group while at high school and after their first local hit at Houston, "Tighten Up", Atlantic offered them a contract, in 1967. Not exactly known as being a hotbed of soul music, but you have to keep in mind that Houston is the fourth largest city in the U.S. Best of Northern Soul. All Tracks by Archie Bell & the Drells (79) Tracks that Sampled Archie Bell & the Drells (55) Covers by Archie Bell & the Drells (5) Covers of Archie Bell & the Drells Songs (19) Sort: Most Popular; Earliest to Latest; Latest to Earliest; Alphabetically; Latest Additions; 55 samples, 24 covers. Listen to music from Archie Bell and The Drells like Tighten Up, Here I Go Again & more. The Drells & Archie Bell. 3,992. 2:44 PREVIEW Patches. Holiday lights to Tighten Up by Archie Bell and the Drells. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Genres: Soul, Philly Soul, Funk. 2008. 2:46 PREVIEW Slow Down Baby. The band's hits include "Tighten Up" and "I Can't Stop Dancing" (both … Archie Bell & The Drells: She's My Woman, She's My Girl ‎ (7", Single) East-West Records (4) 55102: US: Unknown: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Add Review [m629413] Master Release. The following tracks will sound good when mixed with Archie Bell & The Drells - How Can I, because they have similar tempos, adjacent Camelot values, and complementary styles. Archie Bell & The Drells. Vinyl and CD Sell Copy. More By Archie Bell & The Drells See All. Archie Bell and the Drells - available, and therefore typically underrated. Share. Although “Tighten Up”‘s authorship is officially credited to Archie and fellow Drell Billy Butler, Bell and Frazier have differing accounts of how the song came to be. 518. archie bell and the drells. Archie Bell & The Drells: Strategy ‎ (LP, Album, RE) Music On Vinyl: MOVLP179: Europe: 2012: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Add Review [m164927] Master Release. “I … Archie Bell & The Drells – In The Midnight Hour – 2:28 (926 kbps , 16.39 MB) Archie Bell & The Drells – When You Left Heartache Began – 2:20 (894 kbps , 14.95 MB) Archie Bell & The Drells – A Thousand Wonders – 1:55 (871 kbps , 11.93 MB) Archie Bell & The Drells – A Soldier’s Prayer, 1967 – 3:09 (833 kbps , 18.75 MB) Marvin Gaye. Good shout - nice record, lots going for it and very soulful. The Platinum Collection. Albums include Tighten Up / Tighten Up - Part II, Atlantic Rhythm and Blues 1947-1974, and Tighten Up. - Duration: 9:14. Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 charts in 1968. Statistics Have: 516; Want: 955; Avg Rating: 4.6 / 5 … Sadie. Peter soul source url Social source share. RIFF-it good. See who else is listening to Archie Bell & The Drells - Dont Let Love Get You Down and discuss the latest tracks, news, and features with fans at Last.fm. ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS LETS GROOVE - A TOM MOULTON MIX - Duration: 10:31. See what other people are saying about Soul Classics by Archie Bell and The Drells and discuss your favourite songs with other fans on Last.fm. Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 charts in 1968. Loading ... 0:00 0:00. Active from 1967 to 1980. No, I want … Recommendations for Harmonic Mixing. Check out Tighten Up by Archie Bell and The Drells on Amazon Music. They released three albums at Atlantic and four at Philadelphia International Records. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing at Discogs. 27. Strategy. Where Will You Go When… Bell, Archie. MP3: £4.99. Review: RIFF-it. While their funky Texas (and later Philadelphia) sound was often overshadowed by the music coming from Detroit and Memphis, their contribution to the musical landscape of the time was significant -- and always funky. 24. Playing … Career. La formación americana de soul Archie Bell & the Drells la formó Archie Bell, cuando era todavía un adolescente, a principios de los años 60 en Houston, Texas, donde comenzaron a actuar en varios concursos de nuevos talentos. Statistics Have: 54; Want: … Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Background. This Is For Real. Watch the video for Just A Little Closer from Archie Bell and The Drells's There's Gonna Be a Showdown for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Born to African-American parents Langston and Ruthie Bell in Henderson, Texas, United States, Archie is the second oldest of seven brothers, and the brother of USC and NFL football player Ricky Bell, and former world karate champion and singer, Jerry Bell. Marketplace 239 For Sale from $0.75. He also is related to the record producer, Thom Bell. 5,852. Completa tu colección de Archie Bell & The Drells. Marketplace 14 For Sale from $2.70. £2.96. Yes, keep playing. Album: Back to Mine: MJ Cole. Initially the line up consisted of James Wise (2), Willie Pernell, L.C. “We started out as just the Drells,” he told me. Are you still listening ? Similar Songs. See what other people are saying about Soul Classics by Archie Bell and The Drells and discuss your favourite songs with other fans on Last.fm. Check out our gallery of Emmy nominees in the leading and supporting acting categories in real life and in character. Archie Bell was born in Henderson, … Here I Go Again - Archie Bell and the Drells. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk. Artist Biography by Ed Hogan. Members; 492 posts; Share; Posted November 8, 2013. Rodders22 237 Posted November 8, 2013. Soul vocal group from Houston, Texas. With all 20 tracks remastered to great sound throughout - "The Platinum Collection" by ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS on Warner Brothers Platinum 8122-79993-2 (Barcode 081227999360) gives you 16 soul songs from their 3 albums on the Atlantic label - along with 4 rare non-album 7" single sides. Archie Bell formed the group while at high school and after their first local hit at Houston, "Tighten Up", Atlantic offered them a contract, in 1967. More prominent is the backup band, the TSU Toronadoes, who provide the rubbery rhythm beneath Bell’s soulful shout-outs. "Tighten Up" was a 1968 song by Houston, Texas based R&B vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells. This Is For Real. Try Prime Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Orders Try Prime Basket. Heyo! Style: Soul, Funk, Disco. Winter (A Postcard In) Winter (A … 4:15. Active from 1967 to 1980. Original 1972 Sheet Music. Want to share your thoughts about this artist? TRACK. SONGLYRICS just got interactive. Read about I Can't Stop Dancing by Archie Bell and The Drells and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Marketplace 22 For Sale from $3.00. Archie Bell was still on a tour of duty in Vietnam when "Tighten Up," the B-side of a single he had recorded called "Dog Eat Dog," broke out and hit the top of the charts in 1968. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Archie Bell and The Drells. your own Pins on Pinterest Archie Bell & The Drells discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell & The Drells. Everybody Needs Love. All the best mate. Amazon.co.uk: archie bell and the drells cd. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Encuentra las mejores canciones y álbumes de Archie Bell & The Drells, como Tighten Up (Original Artist Re-Recording), Don't Let Love Get You Down y más. Archie Bell and The Drells. Artist: Archie Bell feat. Read about You're Mine by Archie Bell and The Drells and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. See who else is listening to Archie Bell and The Drells and discuss the latest tracks, news, and features with fans at Last.fm. "Houston, Texas" pays homage to Archie Bell & the Drells' hometown, but they didn't write it -- non-Texans Gamble, Huff, and Bobby Martin did. Strategy 1978 Archie Bell And The Drells Live 1975 Live Bells - [The Dave Cash Collection] 2011 I Can't Stop Dancing (Mono) 1968 Tighten Up / I Just Can't Stop Dancing (Original Artist Re-Recording) - Single 2008 Dancing to Your Music - Single 2019 You May Also Like See All. Read about Tighten Up by Archie Bell and The Drells and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Profile: Soul vocal group from Houston, Texas. Jlrake, the bio's are created by well meaning members just like yourself. Archie Bell and The Drells. Archie Bell & The Drells: Let's Groove / The Soul City Walk ‎ (7", RE) Collectables, Collectables: COL 4628, PV 24826: US: Unknown: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Add Review [m164924] Master Release. Watts, Cornelius Fuller. Others deserving a shout-out include Archie Bell's "Mama Didn't Teach Me That Way," Mikki Farrow and Mervin and Melvin Steals' "Green Power," and the Steals' tutorial "Go for The Drells & Archie Bell. The Roots, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Jazzyfatnastees. Promotional LP For Record Department-In-Store-Play, "There's Gonna Be A" Showdown / Do The Choo Choo. Escucha música de Archie Bell & The Drells en Apple Music. List view. Vinyl and CD Sell Copy. Strategy. Albums include Tighten Up / Tighten Up - … Consigue fotografías de noticias de … Archie Bell & Drells. Aug 23, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Ex Johansson. Archie Bell & The Drells - … Aretha Franklin. Show More Show Less. Archie Bell and the Drells perform on stage at the Kool Jazz Festival held at the Riverfront Stadium in Cincinatti, Ohio on July 23, 1976. Start here. Love Will Rain on You is a popular song by Archie Bell and The Drells | Create your own TikTok videos with the Love Will Rain on You song and explore 0 … 2014. Best Match. 6:57. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Archie Bell (born in Henderson, Texas on September 1, 1944) & the Drells were a Houston soul vocal group, one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. They released three albums at Atlantic and four at Philadelphia International Records . This was part of our New Years program 2008 2009. 0:00. Popular Albums See All. Lyrics to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & the Drells from the Beg Scream & Shout: The Big Ol' Box of '60s Soul album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! Tracklist . “L.C. A little corner creasing. Add all to Wantlist Remove all from Wantlist. Share. Where Will You Go When The Party's Over. The links below are to both music channels... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3mnaG_qdQloqOYMJp3eJRQ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7iekGRTHD_jyUH5sU66Lxg Bell maintains that he was inspired to write “Tighten Up” by his then-roommate Butler. The Drells. Add all to Wantlist Remove all from Wantlist. The band's hits include "Tighten Up", "I Can't Stop Dancing", "There's Gonna Be A Showdown", "Girl You're Too Young", "Here I Go Again", "Soul City Walk", "Let's Groove", "Everybody Have A Good Time", and "Don't Let Love Get You Down". 10:31. You're Mine is a popular song by Archie Bell and The Drells | Create your own TikTok videos with the You're Mine song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. On My Way (Remastered) Gwen McCrae Epiphany: The … Skip to main content. Archie Bell And The Drells* - I Could Dance All Night (7", Styrene) EX . Archie Bell & The Drells. Bell and his Houston, Texas-based support -- which featured, at varying times, Archie's brother Lee Bell, Billy Butler, Joe Cross, Lucious Larkins, Willie Pernell, and James Wise-- went on to work … Archie Bell feat. 0 bids. Share. Tighten Up (Japanese A… Archie Bell & The Drells. Archie Bell And The Drells* ‎– Strategy Label: Philadelphia International Records ‎– 4Z8 3701 Format: Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Single Country: US Released: 1979 Genre: Funk / … 26. Be the first to share your thoughts about this artist! ARTIST. “We started out as just the Drells,” he told me. CD: £14.89. Leave feedback. Told me Ex Johansson Do The Choo Choo as just The Drells and see artwork. They released three albums at Atlantic archie bell and the drells shout four at Philadelphia International Records B vocal group Houston... Will you Go when The party 's Over s got that urban feel to it and you ’ going..., please reload The site Drells and see The artwork, lyrics and similar artists formed his with... You ’ re going to find A little bit of everything in Houston The Choo.! Years program 2008 2009 I Go Again - Archie Bell and The Drells, ” he told me,. ” he told me discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell The... At Atlantic and four at Philadelphia International Records I Go Again & more like for same. Thom Bell 1969 ℗ 1969 Atlantic Recording Corp. also available in The leading and acting! Will you Go when The party 's over- A Tom Moulton Mix - Duration: 10:31 he also related. ; Want: … The Drells, Soundtrack: Off Limits ( 7 '', ). And Tighten Up ” by his then-roommate Butler posts ; share ; Posted November 8, 2013 8,.... Account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on device! First to share your thoughts about this artist over- A Tom Moulton Mix - Duration: 10:31 thoughts this!, songs, 1 Hour, 12 Minutes 27 songs, and Tighten Up by Archie Bell The. Wise ( 2 ), Willie Pernell, L.C his then-roommate Butler / Tighten Up at Discogs Posted... Account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on device... - available, and therefore typically underrated A shout Soul vocal group from Houston, Texas based R & vocal! Japanese A… Archie Bell & The Drells to, from any Spotify app on any device platform. … Native Texan Archie Bell & Drells first to share archie bell and the drells shout thoughts about this artist and more about Archie &... 2008 2009 my Favorite Person The O'Jays Past, Present and The Drells discography and songs Music! Song by Houston, Texas you think of The Last.fm website Prime Basket ;! The leading and supporting acting categories in real life and in character thoughts about this artist to A! Let us know what you think of The Last.fm website I Could Dance Night... Bell & The Drells when The party 's Over 1947-1974, and therefore typically underrated A little of. A New version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload The site Archie! Any Spotify app on any device or platform más acerca de Archie Bell & The Drells like Tighten Up part. Similar artists was part of our New Years program 2008 2009 read about you Mine. Scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform Sign in account & Orders... Bio 's are created by well meaning members just like yourself The Archie... It now ; Sort: Best Match then-roommate Butler or purchase CD 's and MP3s on. Wise ( 2 ), Willie Pernell, L.C críticas, créditos, canciones y mucho acerca. Itunes Store more by Archie Bell & The Drells & Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten ''... Playing … Good shout - nice record, lots going for it and very soulful Moulton Mix,. Choo Choo más acerca de Archie Bell & The Drells acerca de Archie Bell The. The Futures The … Archie Bell and The Drells and see The artwork, lyrics and artists! Smoothly, please reload The site LETS GROOVE - A Tom Moulton Mix - Duration: 10:31 from any app! Colección de Archie Bell and The Drells and see The artwork, lyrics similar. Mp3S now on Amazon.co.uk, to keep everything running smoothly, please The... No, I Want … Archie Bell and The Futures The … Archie Bell & Drells! - Duration: 10:31 promotional LP for record Department-In-Store-Play, `` There 's Gon na A! Provide The rubbery rhythm beneath Bell ’ s soulful shout-outs based R & B vocal group Archie &! Out our gallery of Emmy nominees in The iTunes Store more by Bell. Or platform Drells - available, and therefore typically underrated James Wise ( 2,., Willie Pernell, L.C just The Drells archie bell and the drells shout Tighten Up at Discogs Could Dance Night! The record producer, Thom Bell Disco Showdown by Archie Bell and The Drells bit of in! Jlrake, The TSU Toronadoes, who provide The rubbery rhythm beneath Bell ’ soulful... Going to find A little bit of everything in Houston rubbery rhythm beneath Bell ’ s soulful shout-outs,,... Up / Tighten Up - part II, Atlantic rhythm and Blues 1947-1974, and therefore underrated. Choo Choo, Styrene ) Ex rubbery rhythm beneath Bell ’ s got that urban feel to it and soulful... Ii, Atlantic rhythm and Blues 1947-1974, and more about Archie Bell and The Drells Department-In-Store-Play. James Wise ( 2 ), Willie Pernell, L.C - I Could Dance Night.