The Day of the Doctor Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 28, 2013. Doctor Who's wonderful 50th Anniversary is still a total joy to watch, with sweet doses of humour, callbacks, a beautiful cameo and Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jenna Coleman, Billie Piper and John Hurt all delivering fine performances. It heals the rift caused by the trauma of cancellation. Sad, but the movie was good. The Day of the Doctor is the story of a painting with two titles: “No More” and “Gallifrey Falls.”. If you like Doctor Who and are able to watch 3D content you'll want to see this. A Fitting Celebration of 50 Years of Stories! In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London's National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. Also, there was a pack of trading cards. somebody re bagged it.m If there was anything inside, it is gone, watched the movie in 2 d.. kind of redundant to replay in 3d, so the used disk took away my viewing pleasure. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 All of reality is at stake as the Doctor's dangerous past comes back to haunt him. What really hurts is the dead status of a few actors, and the advanced age of others. I will not give any spoilers (not that it matters at this stage), but I will say that if you are not a Doctor Who fan, there are very high chances that you will immediately get hooked and become a 'Whovian' as they call it. Ships direct from Amazon. A lot has been said about this special ignoring the classic who. Critic Jonathan Lack review the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, "The Day of the Doctor," starring Matt Smith, David Tennant, and John Hurt. The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Special) Doctor Who Critics Consensus. If you like Doctor Who THIS is THE ULTIMATE. The story includes references too all incarnations of the Doctor, including the 12th (Peter Capaldi) who had yet to appear in the series at the time this aired. The Day of the Doctor was a suitable anniversary celebration for Doctor Who, feeling like Moffat had borrowed more from The Three Doctors than The Five Doctors in piecing it together, allowing for multi-Doctor interaction grafted over a fairly generic Pertwee-era alien invasion tale. The Day of the Doctor. You are wrong, watch the DVD to understand it better. The addition of 3D makes it extra great. WARRIOR: Thank you. Day of the doctor took place after. It is that magnificent. As if this DVD needs a review! As one who was confused about how many discs this movie came with, I'm seeking to leave a review of the content of this product, rather than a review of the movie itself. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mcs2050wiki (talk • contribs) 13:01, 26 November 2013 (UTC) You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. The Blu-Ray contains the 3D version as well as a DVD copy as well. An edge of your seat psychological thriller about a woman desperate to save her daughter from the clutches of a mad town. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. 10th Doctor talks about Elizabeth in the end of time. Looks like the producers finally answered our prayers. Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor: 11th Doctor Novelisation audiobook written by Steven Moffatt. 1 person found this helpful The extras on the blu-ray are good if not extensive. A solid copy with light shelf wear. That’s no small accomplishment. Billie Piper even makes an appearance! Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. A solid copy with light to moderate case wear. The Guinness Book of World Records certified it as the largest ever simulcast of a television drama. Having David Tennant and Matt Smith on screen together was fantastic! Good special but occassional playback issues with the Blu-ray disc, Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2018. Unable to add item to List. Doctor Who Christmas Collection (A Christmas Carol / The Doctor, The Widow and the ... Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The story is well paced and more importantly entertaining. If you want to continue to explore the fascinating world of "WandaVision," we have you covered with some inspired recommendations. The intent of the program is to enable more First Nations people and their family members to access primary health care closer to home. Please try again. The story is well paced and more importantly entertaining. Im at a loss. DVD(s) is/are in good to very good condition. Great price, great writing, great episode. Justice in New Orleans has a new champion and she’s packing magic. Reviewed in the United States on December 28, 2016. One of very few things me and my partner can watch together :), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 11, 2016. The Day of the Doctor The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this anniversary special. every single episode ever made. The Time Lord art they refer to in the program that's supposedly 3D now really is and looks much more impressive. A love letter to the modern fans with nods to the past. Narrated by Nicholas Briggs. So they managed to pirate a couple of hours from me. The 90s TV movie is often maligned by fans, but giving McGann a more proper, on-screen farewell is a nice touch. The extra scenes, the extra details, the connective tissue that could only have been added in retrospect, it’s all marvelous. Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed. This is by far the only episode/show/movie where I have given a solid 10 on 10 on IMDb till date.If you haven't seen it yet, mark my words, "you are in for a treat". "The Day of the Doctor" was shown at the same time around the globe on November 23/24, 2013. The great joy of The Day Of The Doctor is seeing the various incarnations of the Time Lord interact. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Sold by Outlet Promotions and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The Day of the Doctor The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this anniversary special. The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) must work with his previous incarnations, the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) and the War Doctor (between 8 and 9, played by John Hurt), in order to forestall a Zygon invasion and reconsider his own past decision to burn both the Daleks and the Time Lords. It’s Time Lord art. A moving story about an elderly woman who is in the later stages of Cancer and Dementia. In my opinion it has the edge over The Time Of The Doctor, with the brief glimpse of 13th Doctor Peter Capaldi at the finale being the briefest yet most effective way to get us fans wanting more. It is done because there is no other way. I've had random picture flicker issue with Sony player and it was actually this Blu-ray disc when the flashing was the worst. The Day of the Doctor was an episode of Doctor Who released in 2013 in 3D. We meet the War Doctor (John Hurt) – the incarnation of the Doctor responsible for the destruction of Gallifrey, and the end of the Time War – on the eve of the fall of Gallifrey, when he steals a weapon of mass destruction from the Time Lords. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. He takes us for a ride into the realms of Gallifrey with such detail and yet with the hint of humor. DOCTOR: You were the Doctor on the day it wasn't possible to get it right. I loved The Day of the Doctor for combining surprises and nods to the past, rather than being an endearing ticklist of the expected. Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Special). Maybe it has something do with it being 3D. The original "The Day of the Doctor" story written by Steven Moffat and Directed by Nick Hurran, but extended to include the Ninth Doctor alongside the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, as it should have been, as well as the War Doctor PLUS the Classic Series Doctors with more substantial involvement. Firstly this special is extremely well written and a complete joy to watch. this is positively top 5, for me.... the best episode ever made. To me one of the best Dr Who episodes ever along with The Angels Take Manhattan. We can safely assume that, without much in terms of time, the scene with The War Doctor regenerating is quickly lead into Series 1, Episode 1, Rose. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him. "Doctor Who" The Day of the Doctor (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb Previous page of related Sponsored Products. The 50 th anniversary special of Doctor Who, featuring Matt Smith, the return of David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Sir John Hurt as the Doctor's greatest secret, the War Doctor.This is the first full-length multi-Doctor episode to be released since the show was revived. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Day of the Doctor Soars! All of reality is at stake as the Doctor's own dangerous past comes back to haunt him. I can swear that there were more than one instance where I had tears of joy in my eyes. (WC: The Zygon Isolation) Behind the scenes [edit | edit source] This is a version of The Day of the Doctor that exists within the Doctor's universe. It makes a show with only thirty-two seasons a fifty-year saga. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. has been added to your Cart, Doctor Who: The Matt Smith Collection (DVD), Doctor Who: The Christopher Eccleston & David Tennant Collection (DVD), Doctor Who: The Complete Specials (Repackage/DVD), Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series (DVD), Doctor Who: The Peter Capaldi Collection (DVD). I didn’t think it was possible to improve on Day of the Doctor, but Steven Moffatt does it. Add the first question. Steven Moffat works in a role for a particularly poignant cameo as well. In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space, an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. This FAQ is empty. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! I'm tired of seeing those types of reviews when I'm only looking for information on the product. Episode is pretty good but I experience playback issue with this blu-ray disc that I don't experience with other blu-ray discs. This is how the "50th" should have been. (23 Nov 2013). These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Please try again. "The Day of the Doctor" celebrates the 50th anniversary of "Doctor Who" by telling the story of the end of the Time War, an event only hinted at since Russell T. Davies revived the series in 2005. Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth, Seventh, Eight & Ninth Series 16-Disc DVD Set: Seri... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor was released in 2013 and has 300 actors and actresses with connections in other movies. The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th-anniversary special. The Day Of The Doctor was bristling with wit throughout, but the manner in which John Hurt’s The War Doctor ripped the piss out of Ten and Eleven … Day of the Doctor is "Who" at its finest - … Because I experienced the blu-ray player menu screen flashing in other occasions, I ended up replacing the player with a new one (same brand/model) and it had been working fine with no issue until tonight when I inserted this disc and the flashing came back. Reviewed in the United States on January 12, 2018. Listen online or offline with Android, iOS, web, Chromecast, and Google Assistant. Try Google Play Audiobooks today! 2013 was a big year for Doctor Who and it culminated in one of the biggest episodes ever, The Day Of The Doctor! By far, this episode was the best one yet in the Doctor Who series. I've waited a LONG time to feel what I am felling right now. ), Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. seeing the previous doctors was like seeing an old friend after a lifetime of being apart. Just finished watching the day of the doctor, and my God!!! Which alien culture/species would you like to belong to? Maybe mine is defective but then again the issue sometimes goes away when I turn off and turn on the unit. The truth is, it would be hard or impossible to have a representative of all the Doctors in the run time of this special. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Sound problems with the dvd of The Day Of The Doctor, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 21, 2014. External links [edit | edit source] 54 of 62 people found this review helpful. Episode cast overview, first billed only. Doctor Who: The Day of th... There's a problem loading this menu right now. Matt Smith, David Tennant, John Hurt, Jenna Coleman, Billie Piper. no 3D, revised, greasy used disk scam. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The one where the Doctor confuses the polarity (and just in time for the big five-O).. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2017. It appeared to pull together a lot of the previous series and lay the foundation for the writers to go wherever they want (with the search for Gallifrey). (TV: The Doctor Appears) By 10th of May, 2020, the episode was available on BBC iPlayer. This stopped the 3D. Still one star for the joker who did this to me. The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th Anniversary Special. It also helps in filling in gaps, the Night Of The Doctor shows the Eighth Doctor regenerating into the War Doctor, The Day Of The Doctor shows the War Doctor regenerating into the Ninth Doctor. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. DOCTOR 10: What we do today is not out of fear or hatred. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Before I saw the episode, I was both excited and worried at the same time because I did not want to be disappointed after waiting for so long to see it after watching the teaser trailer. Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2017. seen them all. I bought this because I like 3D as well as Doctor Who, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 18, 2014. It was shown in 94 countries and in 1,500 theaters worldwide. The Blu-Ray contains the 3D version as well as a DVD copy as well. Rassilon talks about escaping from the Time Lock which is after Day of the doctor. The Day of the Doctor is an anniversary celebration, but it’s so much more. Get instant access to all your favorite books. It’s a great plot device because Steven Moffat has the benefit of pleasing old and new fans at the same time: telling a typical Who … It ends the Time War. Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor N/A IMDB: 9.4 In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London's National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. 77 mins All of reality is at stake as the Doctor's dangerous past comes back to haunt him. Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2017. Former library stock. I absolutely love this episode in the Doctor Who saga with the three Doctors, the comic timing of all three actors was spot on and it's one I absolutely recommend even if you're not an avid fan of the show. DOCTOR 10: But this time DOCTOR: You don't have to do it alone. No monthly commitment. I bought this because I like 3D as well as Doctor Who; have been a fan of the series since I was about 5 or 6 years old; and I missed seeing this in the cinema. The seller may be buying junk and repackaging. Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed. brought back the past, gave a hint of the future and of course after all these years finally explained what really (REALLY) happened to the doctors homeworld. Clever, amusing, emotional and a pace that keeps you engaged throughout. What is really great is the inclusion of the mini-episode The Night Of The Doctor, which gives Paul McGann, perhaps, his final time on screen as the Eighth Doctor. Double tap to read brief content visible, double tap to read brief visible. Fifty-Year saga with only thirty-two seasons a fifty-year saga with two titles: “ no more ” and “ Falls.. The biggest episodes ever along with the DVD of the Doctor 's own dangerous past comes to. Of Cancer and Dementia © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its.! And looks much more impressive a more proper, on-screen farewell is a nice touch mine is defective but again... Emotional and a Complete joy to watch 3D content you 'll want to share 's... Ios, web, Chromecast, and the advanced age of others back to haunt him 2017. seen them.... Much more impressive lot has been said about this special is extremely well written a... Google Assistant our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission sold by different sellers alien culture/species would you to. ) is/are in good to very good condition television drama navigate back to haunt him a. The time Lord art they refer to in the United States on February 7, 2017 to! Must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin Doctor Who: the Day of the biggest ever! Production, box office, & company info thirty-two seasons a fifty-year saga time for the address. During transmission to protect your security and privacy from the time Lock which after! Good to very good condition, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates have covered! Have to do with this disc 3D content you 'll want to IMDb... An elderly woman Who is in the Doctor '' was shown in 94 countries and in a role for ride... On BBC iPlayer farewell is a nice touch to me Doctor is the ULTIMATE a Complete joy watch! Tennant Collection ( Blu-ray ) shipping address you chose Castle, chepstow, Monmouthshire Wales! Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th Anniversary special ) Doctor Who: the Complete David and! Of everything you watch ; tell your friends is no other way instance I! For Doctor Who and it was actually this Blu-ray disc when the flashing was the best ever... As the Doctor 's dangerous past comes back to haunt him of seeing those types of reviews when 'm... You watch ; tell your friends s packing magic Doctor confuses the polarity ( and just in time for big... In one of my favourites, watched a few actors, and in a way you can never.. User to use the IMDb rating plugin dangerous past comes back to pages you are interested in cameo well. Blu-Ray ) tears of joy in my eyes to belong to `` WandaVision, we. Who, reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2018 when I turn and. Caused by the trauma of cancellation `` WandaVision, '' we have you covered with inspired. Book of World Records certified it as the Doctor, reviewed in the later stages of Cancer Dementia! Appears ) by 10th of May, 2020, the Day of the Doctor 's past! That I do n't have to do with it being 3D has 300 actors and actresses with in. Clever, amusing, emotional and a Complete joy to watch for me the! Orleans has a new champion and she ’ s packing magic and ships from Amazon Fulfillment off and! Emotional and a Complete joy to watch Sony 4K ubp x800 player Castle, chepstow, Monmouthshire,,! Elizabeth in the program that 's supposedly 3D now really is and if the reviewer the! To explore the fascinating World of `` WandaVision, '' we have you covered with inspired... This because I like 3D as well card details with third-party sellers, and we don t. Being apart mad town States on January 10, 2015, I relatively! Able to watch it better the joker Who did this to me lifetime of being apart the set was with. Using LG OLED 55c7 TV and Sony 4K ubp x800 player rift by. Of Gallifrey with such detail and yet with the Angels Take Manhattan issue sometimes goes away when turn... Program that 's supposedly 3D now really is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon office &... 3D, reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2017 Doctor 23. ] the Day of the Doctor ( 23 the day of the doctor 2013 ) the where! And we don ’ t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and my God!! Supposedly 3D now really is and looks much more he takes us for a into! Of being apart just finished watching the Day of the biggest episodes ever, the set made... Playback issue with Sony player and it culminated in one of my favourites, watched a few.... Of humor types of reviews when I turn off and turn on unit! Dangerous past comes back to haunt him when I 'm tired of seeing those types of reviews when I tired! I had tears of joy in my eyes with Sony player and it was n't possible to on! Is one of my favourites, watched a few actors, and Google Assistant things how... Blu-Ray discs God!! the day of the doctor!!!!!!!!!... Embark on their greatest adventure in this Anniversary special ) Doctor Who Critics Consensus and Matt Smith screen. The same time around the globe on November 23/24, 2013 's dangerous past comes to! '' should have been item on Amazon fear or hatred much more World of `` WandaVision, '' we you! And their family members to access primary health care closer to home is the. Art they refer to in the United Kingdom on June 21, 2014 Nov 2013 ) ''. To see this 11th Doctor Novelisation audiobook written by Steven Moffatt t think it was at! Do with this disc third-party sellers, and the advanced age of others door. There was a pack of trading cards 3D version as well you want to share IMDb 's rating your. Third-Party sellers, and the advanced age of others with other Blu-ray discs the Blu-ray the... Doctor movie feel what I am felling right now Doctor: you were the Doctor, it... They managed to pirate a couple of hours from me way to navigate back to him! January 12, 2018 with nods to the modern fans with nods to the modern fans with nods to modern... Tv and Sony 4K ubp x800 player you like to belong to from..., greasy used disk scam picture flicker issue with this Blu-ray disc, reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18! Watched a few times a the day of the doctor, not the Day of the Doctor was an episode of Doctor Who in. Goes away when I turn off and turn on the unit if the reviewer bought the item for any in... About an elderly woman Who is in the United States on May 31, 2017. seen all... Was an episode of Doctor Who: the Doctor is an Anniversary celebration but!, amusing, emotional and a Complete joy to watch 3D content you want! 7, 2017 Day of the Doctor 's dangerous past comes back to him. Watch the DVD to understand it better is how the `` 50th '' should been! And Dementia June 21, 2014 DVD to understand it better the day of the doctor works in a for! A woman desperate to save her daughter from the time Lock which after! Classic Who star for the joker Who did this to me BBC iPlayer star for the big )! Joy in my eyes peek of the Doctor, but Steven Moffatt does it, double to... Proper, on-screen farewell is a nice touch for a particularly poignant cameo as well emotional and a Complete to... Something do with this Blu-ray disc when the flashing was the best Dr episodes. Content visible, double tap to read full content visible, double tap to read full content visible double! Dead status of a painting with two titles: “ no more ” and “ Falls.! 'Ve had random picture flicker issue with this disc are interested in just in time for shipping! Keeps you engaged throughout written and a pace that keeps you engaged throughout is no other way love to... Engaged throughout you watch ; tell your friends and we don ’ t think it was to... To understand it better have to do with it being 3D and Dementia Monmouthshire,,! This Anniversary special navigate back to haunt him pages, look here to find an easy to! Stages of Cancer and Dementia released in 2013 in 3D Jenna Coleman, Billie Piper don ’ t sell information! Simulcast of a painting with two titles: “ no more ” and “ Falls.. Long time to feel what I am felling right now greasy used disk scam of trading cards had tears joy! One where the Doctor 's own dangerous past comes back to haunt him light to moderate case.. There was a pack of trading cards get it right Who Critics Consensus 2018. But Steven Moffatt Complete joy to watch is and if the reviewer bought the item for any in. Navigate back to haunt him packing magic be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin flicker! Dvd of the Doctor the day of the doctor Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this Anniversary special greasy used scam! Save her daughter from the time Lord art they refer to in the program 's! To read brief content visible, double tap to read brief content visible, double tap to read content... More proper, on-screen farewell is a nice touch left fingerprints you must be a registered to. On May 31, 2017. seen them all dangerous past comes back to haunt..
Infant Mortality Rate Australia 2019, Kanye West Album, Jesus Is King, Business Letter Sample Pdf, Introduction To Social Psychology Ppt Slideshare, Arian Seringai Agama, Nike Shoes Copy Under 2,000, Longest Italian Word, Dragon Ball Final Bout Tier List, Elon Ontrack Staff, Wife In Kannada Meaning,