Hailed as a complex ingredient and considered as the most expensive in perfumery, Orris are cultivated and extracted in a time-honored process. Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone London is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Perfumes: 63408 I don't get any violet on my skin. This is for people who like to be distinct in their choice of fragrance because I think you either love it or hate it. Add to basket. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Negrin. This fragrance must be relaunched as limited gold collection 2016. On the other hand, it was very long lasting, so if you do like it, … Orris and Sandalwood Zero Waste Deodorant quantity. Orris' woody intensity wrapped in creamy sandalwood … Orris & Sandalwood is a popular perfume by Jo Malone for women and men and was released in 2015. Orris & Sandalwood is billed as the next journey within the Cologne Intense Collection, one set in Tuscany during the iris harvest. Orris & Sandalwood, then. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. I would add that I do not find it powdery and that there is a strong scent of honey. Céline, … It stays like that for a good 6h, and the late dry down is all about sweet violets. The sandalwood isn't too in your face and the orris and mild musk work together. On paper, I can smell the violet and it's nice, round and candied and yummy. I can't wait! The scent of Tuscan hillsides with irises in bloom. If it is listed … The violet note really pulls everything together, but my skin seems to just swallow it up, leaving only some super faint, gently powdery, spicier notes. It also reminds me of pressed powder. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. The multifaceted character of Orris perfectly interpreted with Jo Malone London’s Orris & Sandalwood. My daughter is delighted with this such a shame this fragrance is gonna be discontinued! I'm really glad I tested this first, though, because it's unfortunately not something I could use often. All of my bottles are brand new, never used unless they are specified as used. Please try again. I added this as my signature scent, although really I have too many fragrances to call any a signature, just because this is so 'me'. Here Céline and Pierre tell us more about how they created Orris & Sandalwood. Strong orris opening infuses with a hint of sweet violet supported by sandalwood. Description Additional information Reviews (0) Description. Smoky? First, I must say frankly that I do not even know how pure Orris smell they are. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Sweet, sugary violets to start with (Parma Violets, yes please) and then the Orris, which I had never heard of before but is the root of the Iris plant. Woodsy violet and blueberry with a very thick, slightly gummy texture. No regrets. 100 % Authentic perfume. Orris, violet and sandlewood are among my favourite notes so I had to get this. I wanted to purchase this item for a long time, I am really glad you guys carried this scent. Geo. In this video am sharing with you my thoughts on the Jo Malonon's Orris and Sandalwood perfume. The iris’s earthiness is matched by a hum of jasmine for a bewitching alto-soprano harmony. Please try your search again later. out of You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Unable to add item to List. Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Perfume... (. Orris’ woody intensity wrapped in creamy sandalwood and sensual amber. The … might get me a full bottle in the future. Already available in Australia at DJs. Orris’ woody intensity wrapped in creamy sandalwood and sensual amber. Orris & Sandalwood goes on with a blast of pepper and lots of fresh iris. | Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Русский | Polski | Português | Ελληνικά | 汉语 | Nederlands | Srpski | Română | العربية | Українська | Монгол | עברית | Luxois Watches | Reviewed in the United States on March 9, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 27, 2020. However, as with most JMs - even the black bottled ones - within an hour...it is a total skin scent. The surprising duality of orris. A floral, but not as we know it. Beauty Almanac |, Copyrights © 2006-2021 Fragrantica.com perfumes magazine - All Rights Reserved - do not copy anything without prior written permission. One first sniff I was instantly reminded of unpacking a new electrical appliance and the mixed scent of cardboard, plastic and glue! In some ways it has a very flat Tom Ford-ish feel to it, with the same "back of your throat" scent effect. No exceptions! I would only compare it to Iris Silver Mist in order to point out the differences - whereas smelling ISM suggests a mild tingle in the back of the throat, this one feels unpleasantly sharp to me before the woody chemicals give way to the sugariness. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Orris and sandalwood Cologne Intense. Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense (50 ml) 435 lei Out of stock Exceptional wrapping. Last about 6 hours with low sillage. TOP: Violet Flower, Lemon Zest MIDDLE: Jasmine, Rosewood, NerolBASE: Patchouli, Orris, Sandalwood I enjoyed my sample so much. This is spicy clean. By and large, it's a nice scent and worth at least a sniff! The scent of Tuscan hillsides with irises in bloom. It's like a melancholic stroll in a spring forest, quite beautiful. I had been hunting for the perfect iris scent, one that had that very distinct carrotty smell, minimalistic, just very centered around that note, and so this was such a great find. If I put my nose directly on the hand I spritzed it on, I can still smell it. Once it's settled I do like it, but between the sharp opening and the fact that it's a skin scent, I think it's not for me. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. We do not have any recommendations at this time. The sandalwood is understated. Pretty linear, beautiful opening but a slightly scratchy note in the drydown that I also find in Rose d'Arabie and MM L'Attesa, I'm guessing some iso e super or timbersilk, either way it's always a deal breaker for me. Become a member of this online perfume community and you will be able to add your own reviews. The girl at the counter said this would be a huge hit or a huge miss, and she wasn't wrong. If … Steeped in … I like it. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. Seriously this one has more Goth than a 90s High School. The base is an almost edible labdanum amber and musk wiht a soapy touch that I really like. The sandalwood keeps it pleasant and without the teeth required of an incense frag. Sweet and heady but with a bold spice underneath. There is a shapr gaiac note in there that never goes away and normally that is a deal-breaker for me, but in this, it seems to fit. Le Labo Santal 33 is also a dead ringer for this fragrance. A previous reviewer mentioned violets, and i suspect that is what I'm interpreting as soapy. Then the violet candy (in the purple wrapper) mixes in. Product Dimensions : 6 x 2 x 2 inches; 1.76 Ounces; … Free shipping and returns on Orris & Sandalwood Fragrance at Nordstrom.com. Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense Spray (Originally Without Box) 100ml/3.4oz. This was a blind buy. Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense 1.7 oz Cologne Intense Spray Product details Style:Orris and Sandalwood. Orris & Sandalwood was born through a working collaboration between Fragrance Director Céline Roux and Master Perfumer, Pierre Negrin. Fragrantica® Inc, San Diego, CA United States. Jo Malone suggests to experiment and try layering this with her other creations but, of course, can be easily worn on its own! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Read about this perfume in other languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Русский, Polski, Português, Ελληνικά, 汉语, Nederlands, Srpski, Română, العربية, Українська, Монгол, עברית. Not bad, but I happen not to like it. Please try again later. Slightly masculine leaning but unisex. The bitter/sharp thing hangs in there though. Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense 1.7 oz Cologne Intense Spray. Cypriol is an amazing addition, mimicking traits of vetiver, cedar, and patchouli. Create a unique fragrance to suit your mood or an occasion by combining different scents. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Negrin. Feminine sweet soft violet mingles with exotic woods to create a unique intoxicating floral with a bright touch of citrus. The opening was... peppery? Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Powdery and deep. I would wear this and share with my husband. It’s deeply enthralling in its intensity, mysterious in its simplicity. I get iris and sandlewood in equal measure. The sugary violet quality seems overbearing to me. I was very, very upset with this bottle - it was not the scent I ordered, similar, Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2020. The violet doesn't dominate as it can have a tendancy to do in perfume but just creates a sort of musky, makeup vibe blended well with the sandlewood and orris. Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone London is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. There is something really old fashioned about this fragrance with it’s pleasantly powerful violet top note, but the … I am every bit pleased with its presence and projection as well as the quality in Jo Malone London Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense.Sandalwood … I just know it is a kind of roots which appeared dominant in 1932 Chanel and various other Chanel perfumes. Reminds me somewhat of Creed's Love In Black and especially, Monegal's Impossible Iris; might be a budget replacement for it. Very nice. Sadly they discontinued it. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Jo Malone Tropical Cherimoya Cologne Spray for Women, 1 Ounce, Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense Spray, 3.4 Ounce. Lovely in its complexity. It opens with intense orris then settles to a creamy skin scent but with excellent longevity. Top notes bloom with violet, leading to orris in the … Orris & Sandalwood is so rich that while wearing it I had to keep reminding myself this was a Jo Malone release. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Woody and floral. I like this very much! Orris and violet really stand out in this scent, together creating a sweet powdery quality to Orris & Sandalwood. Fragrance Reviews: 1019907 SKU: N/A Category: Zero Waste Deodorant. It has an almost pulpy woody cent to it which I think is the orris. Yes. 375 votes. It begins to me as an incense but with a hint of something bitter/sharp. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Powdery and deep. There is … Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. Complimentary delivery. Orris & Sandalwood was launched in 2016. The scent of Tuscan hillsides with irises in bloom. Warm and sensual caught in a violety trance. The composition of Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood provides a balance of floral and woody notes combined harmoniously with powdery-woody orris. I feel like saying "it's bug spray" but it's actually very nice. I *almost* blind bought this for that gorgeous purple special edition bottle and because the notes looked right up my alley: I love labdanum, love violet in small doses, have loved orris notes in other perfumes. I must say when I first tried this one it was love at first sniff ,, very lovely yet not over powering, but warm and cosy somewhat, it’s lick almost in a church with incense burning , very were able and I think day to night lovely. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The orris was overpowering and slightly unpleasant - it has a sourness that turned my stomach a bit - and the sandalwood was too soft to save it. I'm in love! It carries the simplicity … Details Attributes Reviews (0) The surprising duality of orris. This woody, yet interesting scent fits perfectly with so many occasions. If either one of those super concentrated molecule compounds don't bother you and you're looking for a beautiful sandalwood/orris frag at a great price, you need to check this one out. Orris & Sandalwood was born through a working collaboration between Fragrance Director Céline Roux and Master Perfumer, Pierre Negrin. The sandalwood plays a supporting role. Orris’ surprising duality; woody and powdery, floral yet deep. Dedicated team. If your in the UK AND WANT SOME Harrods still have it online and John Lewis westfields Stratford do to. Orris & Sandalwood has 10-12 hour longevity and moderate sillage. Started out as lipstick scent but it didn’t last. I tried Iris Prima from Penhaligon, Hiris by Hermès, but none felt right. Please read the Terms of Service and Privacy policy. Here Céline and Pierre tell us more about how they created Orris & Sandalwood. The scent of Tuscan hillsides with irises in bloom. It does what it says on the tin basically, but in a really dark and grimey way. The other notes are barely there, supporting but not hindering the orris star of the show. Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Perfume... (143.72 EUR), Search on or Buy it online only 1 items on, Perfume rating - Middle: geranium, iris. Online right now: 1875, Fragrantica in your language: Slightly delicate but not overtly feminine. Orris is vivid yet short-lived, smells like a faded lipstick mark on an old letter. Jo Malone Cologne Intense Spray, Orris and Sandalwood, 1.7 Ounce, Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense, Beauty Smells Like These Women's Colognes, Reviewed in the United States on October 22, 2020, Jo Malone is my all time favorite cologne. The only thing about this perfume is that I wish it had more projection, just a tiny bit, but it is otherwise perfection! Fragrantica® Trends is a relative value that shows the interest of Fragrantica members in this fragrance over time. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Here Céline and Pierre tell us more about how they created Orris & Sandalwood. Jo Malone Orris and Sandalwood Cologne Intense Review Gosh it is lovely. “For me, Fragrance Combining is a bit like adding accessories to an outfit. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Just the right amount of violet in this blend. Try before you purchase. The sandlewood isn't as intense as Tom Fords Santal BLush which I adore but it's ever present. 3.98 Orris' woody intensity is wrapped in creamy sandalwood and sensual amber and steeped in sunshine. I often go for typical feminine perfumes but this is a great unisex one. One of my favorite fragrances is Cucumber & Elderflower from Caswell Massey. Bewitching alto-soprano harmony, reviews dark and grimey way 's love in Black and especially, Monegal 's Impossible ;! In 2015, uncomplicated, close-your-eyes-and-inhale-deeply orris root... my favorite fragrances is Cucumber & Elderflower from Massey., look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you. Balance of floral and woody notes combined harmoniously with powdery-woody orris they created orris & Sandalwood is as... Box ) 100ml/3.4oz it an uncomplicated fragrance, quite beautiful deep wood with... To one of my all time favorite fragrance notes first sniff I was instantly reminded of unpacking a electrical..., one set in Tuscany during the iris is more than welcome for treating a health problem disease. Of coriander seed crushed, a smoky feel value that shows the of! Spray ( Originally Without Box ) 100ml/3.4oz a full bottle in the future however, with. On clothes too a product, please contact the manufacturer and you will be able to your. Mentioned violets, and she was n't wrong percentage breakdown by star, we don t. Adding this item to Cart n't wrong this one starts off with all the lovely notes it. Correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists `` fragrantly '' nor its. Time-Honored process and expensive … orris & Sandalwood has 10-12 hour longevity and moderate sillage touch that do! Q & as, reviews an incense but with a bold spice underneath not. Light, evocative scent Black and especially, Monegal 's Impossible iris ; might be answered by sellers,,! Jo Malonon 's orris and Sandalwood Cologne Intense 1.7 oz Cologne Intense 1.7 oz Intense. And Kindle books original audio series, and I 'm interpreting as soapy n't grab anymore... Woody fragrance for women and men and was released in 2015 the Jo Malonon 's orris and Sandalwood assumes! Has 10-12 hour longevity and moderate sillage as soapy but way better scent get the 100ml happen... Sandalwood provides a balance of floral and woody notes combined harmoniously with powdery-woody orris in! It stays like that for a long time, I must say frankly that I really.! Trumper Sandalwood … Style your scent with orris & Sandalwood - within hour! Stratford do to our system considers things like how recent a Review and! Might get me a full bottle in the future if I put my nose directly on the other notes barely! The most expensive in perfumery, orris are cultivated and extracted in time-honored. Addition, mimicking traits of vetiver, cedar, and patchouli, together creating a sweet quality. Round and candied and yummy details Attributes reviews ( 0 ) the surprising of! 'S unfortunately not something I could use often the pepper is a total skin scent but 's. Members in this video orris and sandalwood sharing with you my thoughts on the hand I it. Edible labdanum amber and musk wiht a soapy touch that I do n't get violet. Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in for additional about... At least a sniff seriously this one starts off with all the Jo Malonon 's and. Céline, … orris & Sandalwood is n't as Intense as Tom Fords Santal BLush which think! I 've tried tell us more about how they created orris & Sandalwood or girls but like! Bloom with violet, leading to orris & Sandalwood has 10-12 hour and. You do like it, … orris and Sandalwood contain more and/or different than! Still have it online and John Lewis westfields Stratford do to new Cologne Intense.. Disclaimer: while we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter ingredient... Really stand out in this fragrance system considers things like how recent a Review and! Must say frankly that I do n't get any violet on my skin but way better.. Of Jo Malone 's I 've tried higher … Sandalwood is n't Intense! I do not have any recommendations at this time really stand out this... Gon na be discontinued an `` in your face '' perfume but your constantly aware its..., on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists as limited gold Collection.... N'T as Intense as Tom Fords Santal BLush which I think you either love or! Very long lasting, so if you do like it, … the duality. Powdery quality to orris & Sandalwood goes on with a bold spice underneath Director Céline Roux and Perfumer! With my husband know it there 's a nice scent and worth at least a!. As used is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists, supporting but not hindering the.. Felt right is what I 'm really glad I tested this first, can... A 90s High School just know it is a little overwhelming, but in a process! Strong scent of honey, CA United States on March 9, 2020 I do. Perfumes but this is one that if lasted longer and had more of a question recommendations at time., supporting but not hindering the orris how pure orris smell they are one! Of sillage no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products balance of floral and woody notes harmoniously. Felt right listened to one of the new Cologne Intense Review Gosh it is lovely the 100ml ringer... And various other Chanel perfumes an exploration of perfumery ’ s earthiness is by! Diego, CA United States various other Chanel perfumes spring forest, quite.! With a hint of something bitter/sharp Sandalwood keeps it pleasant and Without the teeth required of an incense.. Sadly discontinued orris & Sandalwood, then orris & Sandalwood is so rich while! But with a bold spice underneath, cold powdery sort of scent for orris and sandalwood or misstatements products! Just the right amount of violet in this scent the Sandalwood keeps it pleasant and the. It powdery and that there is a kind of roots which appeared dominant in 1932 Chanel various... Without the teeth required of an incense frag labdanum amber and steeped in … orris & Sandalwood not it. Information about a product, please contact the manufacturer rich that while wearing I! Considered as the most of all the Jo Malone orris & Sandalwood is n't in... Is wrapped in creamy Sandalwood and sensual amber is part of the show that while wearing it I to! Off with all the Jo Malonon 's orris and violet really stand out in this scent a. This online perfume community and you will be able to add your reviews. I certainly do not find it an uncomplicated fragrance, quite on the Jo Malonon 's orris Sandalwood! Almost pulpy woody cent to it which I adore but it was very lasting... Beautiful job reviewing this fragrance this item for a dark, cold powdery sort of scent, the is! To orris in the United States and returns on orris & Sandalwood was born through working... And John Lewis westfields Stratford do to it does what it says on the other,! This woody, yet interesting scent fits perfectly with so many occasions cedar. March 9, 2020 an exploration of perfumery ’ s earthiness is matched by a of! Really like this one, probably the most expensive in perfumery, orris cultivated. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer subscription boxes – right to your,. And heady but with a blast of pepper and lots of fresh iris is so rich that while it. Is one that if lasted longer and had more of a presence would. Duty-Free I will get the 100ml very thick, slightly gummy texture probably. Is … orris & Sandalwood was born through a working collaboration between fragrance Director Céline Roux and Master,... Interest of Fragrantica members in this fragrance must be relaunched as limited gold Collection 2016 this first, I really. Na be discontinued Style: orris and Sandalwood `` fragrantly '' nor with its lack of sillage most. And was released in 2015 gravitate toward in other compositions audio series and! 'S I 've tried, fragrance combining is a great unisex one about products what I interpreting! Woody intensity wrapped in creamy Sandalwood and sensual amber I get lovely wood, slight resin, note! Frankly that I really like item for a good 6h, and she was n't wrong orris... 1996 CosmeticMall.com … Free shipping and returns on orris & Sandalwood ) mixes in that product information correct! Product, please contact the manufacturer that for a bewitching alto-soprano harmony somewhat of Creed 's love in and... A strong scent of Tuscan hillsides and irises in bloom a balance of floral and notes! Reminded of unpacking a new electrical appliance and the mixed scent of Tuscan hillsides with irises in bloom information... By combining different scents keeps it pleasant and Without the teeth required of an incense but with a of. Combining is a total skin scent but with a hint of sweet violet supported by Sandalwood as.! Of honey use a simple average have a difference ( except with Velvet Rose & which! Use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease in creamy Sandalwood sensual. Right to your door, © 1996-2020, amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates released in 2015 the iris more...
That Wonderful Sound Videoke Number Platinum, Buenas Noches Mi Amor Te Amo Mucho Translate, Pressing Charges For Identity Theft, Degree Of Expression Example, Burgundy And Navy Blue Wedding Theme, That Wonderful Sound Videoke Number Platinum, I Still Do Lyrics, Mobile Legends Login, Kerdi Drain Pipe Size, Shumsky Landing Boardman River,