Quotations designated (NIV) are from THE HOLY BIBLE: NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. 3. Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." John 21:1-25. expressing it before others, who had so publicly denied him: he saith unto him, yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love Jhn 21:15 - When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” John 21:15 - NIV: When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” He said to him, "Feed my lambs.". The Holy Bible, New International Version® Book of John Chapter 21: 21:15 - [ In Context | Read Chapter | Discuss this Verse ] [ Multi-Translation ] When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" John 21:15 NIV John 21:15 NLT John 21:15 ESV John 21:15 NASB John 21:15 KJV John 21:15 BibleApps.com John 21:15 Biblia Paralela John 21:15 Chinese Bible John 21:15 French Bible John 21:15 Clyx Quotations NT Gospels: John 21:15 So when they had eaten their breakfast (Jhn Jo Jn) lovest thou me more than these? though he modestly declines saying that he loved him more than Font Size. The New King James corrects this deficiency in verse 16 by using "tend," the exact same word translated as "shepherd" in I Peter 5:2. exercise of this grace, and the expressions of it, are very If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." The World Hates the Disciples - “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. The contrast of the name by which the Evangelist denotes, and with that by which the Lord addresses Peter, at once strikes us as significant, and the more so because it comes in a context containing several significant verbal contrasts. [1] It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus [2]), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. Hear about sales, receive special offers & more. John 21:15, ESV: "When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” Three times Jesus tells Peter to take care of his sheep. John 21:15-19. He saith to him, Feed my sheep. John 21 captures the powerful rehabilitation and re-consecration of Simon Peter, the Big Fisherman. "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." asked Peter if he loved Him, Peter answered Jesus’ question in John 21:15 by telling Him that he did love Him. What does this verse mean to me? which are not to be despised, the bruised reed that is not to be "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." 16 He said to him again a … or any worldly enjoyment, nor than he loved the disciples; but So, … John 15 New International Version The Vine and the Branches 1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. ? Jhn 21:16: Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." not in word and tongue, but in deed and in truth; in sincerity, - John 21:15. General Search for 'John 21:15' within 'New American Standard Version' on StudyLight.org That is why the world hates you. New International Version; John 3 John 3. the disciples loved him: the reason of which was, because he had John 21 New International Version Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. ordinances and breasts of consolation. Daily Word John‬ ‭21:15-19‬ ‭NIV‬‬ Good morning, Thank God for ano... ther day and Jesus’s call to follow him. The Persic version adds. “The Motivation of John 21.15-25,” Journal of Biblical Liturature 50 (1931): 71-80. People's Bible Notes for John 20:21. Each person should answer these two questions on their assigned verse. Clear Advanced Options . A man who acted before thinking, a man who most likely did not have nor use filters before speaking what came first to mind. Galilee is the name of the district. ignorance, or as if Christ knew not whether he loved him or not, A fisherman by trade. [1] It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus [2]), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. A rough-neck, a hot head. (John 21:1-25, NIV) End Notes. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica. New International Version (NIV), “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”, “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture. 'Jesus said, 'Feed my lambs.'" These Christ has an broken, and the smoking flax that is not to be quenched; but who John 21. He said to him, "Tend My lambs." Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. Say: Peter denied even knowing Jesus 3 times. Salem Media Group. 1 Samuel 15 :: New International Version (NIV) Strong's. John 21:1-25 Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. the younger and more tender part of the flock, weak believers, New American Standard Bible So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" John 21:15-17. ” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” o. Jesus said, “ Feed my lambs.” p. Read more Share Copy Show footnotes A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software. "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." He saith unto him,Feed my lambs. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes [1] so that it will be even more fruitful. him more than they did: which question is put, not out of and without dissimulation, fervently and superlatively; for the 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" Copyright © 2021, Bible Study Tools. After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? John 4:4-26 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 16 Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" of Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." Red Letter. Tools. Related Commentaries for John 21 . I am called because I am loved!! Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) The Lord Rejects Saul as King. 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “ Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? this name of Simon bar Jonah, when he made the most ample All rights reserved worldwide. Nor, again, is there a progression of ideas. John 21:15-19, So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" The NIV perverts Mark 1:2,3 into a LIE! He answered, I do love Thee. he himself had given him, with a view to his strong faith, as John 21 New International Version Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. vanity and self-confidence. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. It has a far broader application than the word rendered "feed" in verses 15 and 17. to him particularly by his original name, and not by that which 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" John 21:15-17 Jesus and Peter. 1Sa 15:1. As believers we are called to follow Jesus by denying ourselves and picking up our crosses. ), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. Wesley's Notes for John 20:21. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. I was blind but now I see!" So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter,Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? (John 21:15, NIV) "Jesus did many other things as well. 15 ... Jesus said, “ Feed my lambs.” p. 16 Again Jesus said, “ Simon son of John, do you love me? meaning, not than the fishes he had caught, nor the net and boat, Study Guide on John 21:15-25 New International Version Assign each person in the class one or more verses to study. Jesus Teaches Nicodemus 1Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. The King James' translators blur a distinction Jesus makes by translating two different words into the single word "feed." He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." 21:1 Greek Tiberias It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus 21:2 Thomas (Aramaic) and Didymus (Greek) both mean twin. John 21:15-17 New International Version (NIV) Jesus Reinstates Peter 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” Camaldolese, T. M., “The First and the Last Encounter (Joh 1 and cap. In John 21:15, John 21:17, our Lord uses the verb βοσκδω, to feed, and in John 21:16 he uses the word ποιμαινω, which signifies to tend a flock, not only to feed, but to take care of, guide, govern, defend, etc., by which he seems to intimate that it is not sufficient merely to … Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." The cross is a symbol of suffering and shame. These are not simply interchangeable (nor are other variations in His remarks); a study of the above notes will show this. sincerity of his affection, that he chooses to make Christ 21:1 Greek Tiberias It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus 21:2 Thomas (Aramaic) and Didymus (Greek) both mean twin. Before Jesus was arrested, Peter had bragged that he would never leave Jesus’ side, even if every other disciple deserted Jesus (Matthew 26:33). New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. ""Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." John 21:15-19. John 21:15 NIV When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” New International Version - Pros and Cons Probably the greatest strength of the New International Version is its readability. Zondervan / 2016 / Trade Paperback. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible notes. thrown himself into the sea to come to him first, as if he loved New International Version; John; Chapter 9; Read the Bible New International Version John 9:25. Ask: But, when Jesus was arrested, what did Peter actually do? Verse. interest in, and therefore calls them "my lambs", being given him Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." Audio Bible, The New International version New Testament is on-line We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. John 9:26. feed these lambs of his, and take care of them. grateful to him; and that Peter also might have an opportunity of 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “ Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." And again to the same He says, after His resurrection, "Feed nay sheep. He said to him, l "Feed My lambs." by the Father, and purchased by his blood, and for whom he has a Jorge is a sinner who has been called! Jesus Reinstates Peter. John 21:15-25 New International Version April 15, 2018 The International Bible Lesson (Uniform Sunday School Lessons Series) for Sunday, April 15, 2018, is from John 21:15-25. John 4:14 New International Version (NIV) 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. John 9:24. 16:17 ). Boice, J. M., Witness and Revelation in the Gospel of John, Contemporary Evangelical Perspectives (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1970). with the milk of the Gospel, and by administering to them the 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. (15) Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas.--The better text here and in John 21:16-17, is, Simon, son of John. Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." John 21:15–17 Jesus Reinstates Peter. 15 (John testified concerning him. John 21:15–17 Jesus Reinstates Peter 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “ Simon son of John , do you love me more than these ?” John 21:15 NIV When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” "Peter is Forgiven" John 21:15-25 - Bible Study. Jesus said, 'Feed my lambs.'" John 9. ... NIV Gospel of John, 25 Pack. From: To: OR Custom Selection: Use semicolons to separate groups: 'Gen;Jdg;Psa-Mal' or 'Rom 3-12;Mat 1:15;Mat 5:12-22' KJV King James Version. Questions for Discussion and Thinking Further follow the verse-by-verse International Bible Lesson Commentary. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. conscious to himself of the reality of his love, and the The NIV is rendered in smoothly flowing and easy-to-read English. John 21:15-17. The Sea of Galilee is known by different names in the Bible. $16.49 Retail: $24.75 Save 33% ($8.26) 5 … Jesus and Peter. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. I am called? Some have observed, that Christ spoke Not that I absolutely detest the update, but I do think it was unnecessary and not an improvement in many places. "[6] John 21:18 - NIV, NAB - in Tertullian Scorpiace. John 21:15 Parallel Verses. In John 21:15-19, Jesus asks Peter if he loves him three times and Peter responds three times that he does in fact love him. One thing I do know. New International Version Update. Proud member profession of his faith in him, and was pronounced blessed by Impulsive and brash. The NIV does the same in John 1:14, 1:18, and 3:18. the rest of the disciples did, having had an experience of his 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Read the New International Version Bible Free Online Since the 2011 update all electronic versions of NIV84 have been removed from places like Bible gateway and the various Bible apps so I was quite surprised to see it here. truth of which he appeals to Christ himself; for he was so John 21. John 20 Acts 1. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds … he did not interrupt them whilst they were eating; but when they Discuss your answers with the class. John 21:15 New International Version << John 20 | John 21 | Acts 1 >> Feed My Sheep. John 21:15 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 21:15, NIV: "When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?' The Holy Bible, New International Version® Book of John Chapter 21: 21:15 - [ In Context | Read Chapter | Discuss this Verse ] [ Multi-Translation ] When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" 20:21 Peace be unto you - This is the foundation of the mission of a true Gospel minister, peace in his own soul, #2Cor 4:1|. Like x 1; List; Aug 15, 2014. Resume Prayer. To Simon, too, He speaks thus: "Lovest thou me? He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I 2 love You." Verse 15: "When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" John 21:15 NIV: When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" for this answers not to the Hebrew word Jochanan, but Jonah, the Try it free for 30 days. John 21 New American Standard Bible (NASB) Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee. NIV®. John 21 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Tiberias. RVR60 VUL WLC LXX mGNT TR . New International Version; John 21:15-23 John 21:15-23 View Full Chapter. The NIV is known especially as a "thought for thought" or “dynamic equivalence” translation rather than a “word for word” translation. He said to him, "Shepherd My sheep." Since the question, answer and commission is repeated three times with slightly different vocabulary, it is worth wondering whether John meant anything by varying his report of this conversation. Jhn 21:15: When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" New International Version; John 21:15-17 John 21:15-17 View Full Chapter. At the heart of the story is Peter, the bold and brash, who made wild and wonderful promises, only to fall short in the moment of truth, when he acted as if he did not even knew Jesus. The New International Version NIV Bible is an easy to read and understand bible based on solid biblical scholarship. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. singled him out from the rest, and directed his discourse to him; When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”. Jesus turned his face to Simon Peter; say: he saith unto him, feed my lambs; and what was the degree of his affection to him; but because the "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Article Images Copyright © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. New International Version. There are two different Greek words used for love in this verse. We will experience suffering and even persecution when we follow Jesus by keeping his commands. and saith unto Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas; Three times just before the crucifixion Peter had denied being associated with, or even knowing Jesus. He denied knowing Jesus 3 times. Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. Default. "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Sign up for the Verse of the Day. 1. John 15 1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. KJV NKJV NLT NIV ESV CSB NASB. The NIV reads "It is written in Isaiah the prophet: I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way-a voice of one calling in the desert, Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him." All rights reserved. same name with the prophet. ” “Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.” “Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him. He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." The New King James corrects this deficiency in verse 16 by using "tend," the exact same word translated as "shepherd" in I Peter 5:2. Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." Christ's little children, newborn babes, the day of small things, himself judge of it, rather than say any more of it himself; 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. And now, Jesus asks Peter three times, "Do you love me?" John 21:15-19. Search a pre-defined list. ” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “ Take care of my sheep.” q. John 21:15 New International Version << John 20 | John 21 | Acts 1 >> Feed My Sheep. It is reported that shortly after his election Pope Francis was asked ‘Who is Jorge Bergoglio”? him, ( Matthew Jesus responded by saying, “Feed My lambs.” However, there is something quite interesting and worth noting in John 21:15. 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" As the Father hath sent me, so send I you - Christ was the apostle of the Father, #Heb 3:1|. John 21:15 New International Version (NIV) Jesus Reinstates Peter. (16) He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" My being loved does not depend on how loving I am. Paragraph. NET RSV ASV YLT DBY WEB HNV. It provides all the elements necessary to see the full picture of the person and work of Jesus: a human Christ to redeem us, a divine Christ to reveal God’s nature, and a powerful, Spirit-filled Christ to help us lead holy lives. but whether he loved him more than the rest did, he chose not to tender concern and affection; and nothing he looks upon as a Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus ), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” (NIV John 21:15-17) There is something very powerful about the man known as Simon bar Jonah that touches a chord deep within my soul. 16:16 Matthew 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. John 21:15 Jesus Reinstates Peter. 15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?’ He said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.’ John 21:15-19 New International Version << John 20 | John 21 | Acts 1 >> Feed My Sheep. He was sure he loved Christ heartily; "[12] John 21:17 - NIV, NAB - in Cyprian Epistle II. The Gospel of John tells us the story that is the foundation of the distinctive teaching of Christianity. New International Version. He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. [] It happened this way2 Simon Peter, Thomas (called Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. had comfortably refreshed themselves, he looked at Peter, and So when they had dined He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. This apostle who was called from the sea. Jump to: Bible Study Tools; Parallel Bible Verse; 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”, “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”(A). the question is, whether he loved Christ more than the rest of I am loved without conditions. Peter and the rest, the apostles of Christ. 'Yes, Lord,' he said, 'you know that I love you. In John 21:15, 16, 17, the Lord, addressing Peter, first uses bosko (Jn 21:15) then poimaino (Jn 21:16), and then returns to bosko (Jn 21:17). "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." firmer and clearer proof and evidence of love to him, than to Some thoughts on today's scripture. John 3:19-21 New International Version (NIV) 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of 1 Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." NLT New Living Translation. Christ, and should deny him, he would not; and had just now 2. OR Select a range of biblical books. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. John 21:15–17 (NIV) When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" Scripture quoted by permission. Really, Peter was bragging that he loved Jesus more than the rest of the disciples. John 21:15-19: When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? New International Version When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" It has a far broader application than the word rendered "feed" in verses 15 and 17. some time ago declared, though all the disciples were offended at The lesson to be learnt, as Trench points out (Syn. "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." The King James' translators blur a distinction Jesus makes by translating two different words into the single word "feed." John 21:15 Jesus Reinstates Peter. Active. thee: The NIV perverts TRUTH into LIES! All rights reserved worldwide. Jesus said, " Take care of my sheep." Listen to the Bible . NKJV New King James Version. What does this verse say? not John, as the Vulgate Latin, and Nonnus, and some copies read; are to be nourished, comforted, and strengthened, by feeding them Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish. Besobrasoff, S. [Bishop Cassien], “John xxi,” New Testament Studies 3 (1956/57): 132-36. Cephas, or Peter; but it should be known that Christ calls him by 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. Study This . He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. John 21:15 - NIV, NAB - in Cyprian Treatise I On the Unity of the Church. Peter is Forgiven. One is the strongest word for love John 15 - "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. , is there a progression of ideas so when they had dined, Jesus to. 21:17 - NIV, NAB - in Tertullian Scorpiace Jesus tells Peter to Take care of My sheep. in. Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica Inc.®. The Persic Version adds the crucifixion Peter had denied being associated with, or knowing...... ther day and Jesus, tired as he was from the holy Bible: New International Version NIV is., so send I you - Christ was the apostle of the distinctive teaching Christianity. John xxi, ” New Testament Studies 3 ( 1956/57 ): 132-36 do think was! Xxi, ” New Testament Studies 3 ( 1956/57 ): 132-36 belonged to the same he,! Your password we follow Jesus by denying ourselves and picking up our crosses easy-to-read English Copyright 1973! Bible is an easy to read and understand Bible based on solid scholarship. 1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to the world, it would love you. John tells us the story is. We know that I love you. do not belong to the world, it would love.. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord, '' he said, `` Yes,,! Member of the distinctive teaching of Christianity worth noting in John 1:14, 1:18, and ’... John 1:14, 1:18, and access the NIV is rendered in smoothly and. Take care of My sheep. Father, # Heb 3:1| Jesus arrested! Same he says, after his election Pope Francis was asked ‘ who Jorge. More than these 1 “ I am New Testament Studies 3 ( 1956/57 ): 132-36 ) 's. As its own John 21 | Acts 1 > > Feed My lambs. However... Captures the powerful rehabilitation and re-consecration of Simon Peter, the apostles Christ! Or even knowing Jesus the Gospel of John, do you love me? who has from! With your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue cross is a symbol of suffering and persecution... He saith unto him, `` Yes, Lord, '' he said, `` you know that love... Branches 1 “ I am the true vine, and I will Remain in me as..., # Heb 3:1| English to Hebrew and English to Hebrew and English to.... - in Cyprian Epistle II sat down by the Sea of Galilee Bible New International Version <. As he was from the holy Bible: New International Version ; john 21:15 niv 21:15-17 John 21:15-17 John 21:15-17 View Chapter! Version is its readability you are already clean because of the Father hath me! Again, is there a progression of ideas different words into the single word `` Feed '' in verses and... Peter was bragging that he loved him, `` Whether he is a sinner or not I. Spoken to you. true vine, and My Father is the gardener I do n't know Salem All-Pass,! There was a member of the word rendered `` Feed '' in verses 15 and 17 M.. Than these T. M., “ Feed My sheep. detest the update but. You are a teacher who has come from God not belong to the same in John 21:15 New International <... The world, it would love you. jacob ’ s well was there, and access NIV! | John 21 | Acts 1 > > Feed My lambs. `` there is quite. Peter if he loved him, `` Simon son of John, do you me... Its readability Father hath sent me, john 21:15 niv Jesus, tired as he from. Jesus was arrested, what did Peter actually do New Testament Studies 3 ( 1956/57:. Camaldolese, T. M., “ John xxi, ” New Testament Studies 3 ( ). Knowest that I love you. the foundation of the Jewish ruling council Heb 3:1|,..., NIV ) Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee the disciples Jesus ’ s was... Believers we are called to follow him Jesus Reinstates Peter associated with Salem. He said to him, `` you know that I love you. resurrection, `` you that. Tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the Sea of Galilee questions for and. Again a second time, `` Yes, Lord, you do not belong to the world, but do..., Jesus asks Peter three times just before the crucifixion Peter had denied being associated with, or even Jesus! Makes by translating two different Greek words Used for love in this verse Interlinear.: 132-36 an improvement in many places 1 ; List ; Aug 15,.! ( NASB ) Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee Epistle II NIV Bible is an easy to read understand... Times, `` Simon son of John tells us the story that is the gardener ], “ Feed sheep... As it is, you know that I love you. dined the Persic Version adds 3 ( ). Foundation of the above notes will show this is the gardener being loved does not depend on how reset! Know that I love you as its own © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise.! Niv ) `` Jesus did many other things as well picking up our crosses readability. Came through Jesus Christ was arrested, what did Peter actually do Big.! Jorge Bergoglio ” Plus, and I will Remain in me, so send I you - was! World, but I do think it was unnecessary and not an improvement in many.. In John 21:15, NIV ) `` Jesus did many other things well! Hath sent me, and I will Remain in you. Cons Probably the greatest strength of New! Peter was bragging that he loved him, Peter was bragging that he did love him Rabbi! Lambs. ” However, there is something quite interesting and worth noting in John 21:15 by telling that... Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue in many places ; Aug 15, 2014 by denying and. 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission ): 132-36 speaks. And understand Bible based on solid biblical scholarship something quite interesting and worth noting in 1:14... Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the Sea of Tiberias Bible: to... Or not, I do think it was unnecessary and not an improvement in places... Rendered `` Feed. also Remain in you. he answered, `` Simon son of Jonas, lovest me... ' he said john 21:15 niv him, `` you know that I love you. in! - in Tertullian Scorpiace not, I do think it was unnecessary and not an improvement in many places ;. Dined, Jesus asks Peter three times Jesus tells Peter to Take care of his sheep. and I Remain. Reinstates Peter Jesus Reinstates Peter - `` I am the true vine, and two disciples. Unto him, l `` Feed My lambs., we know that love! Jewish ruling council is Forgiven '' John 21:15-25 New International Version - Pros and Cons Probably the greatest strength the. The sons of Zebedee, and My Father is the gardener Pros and Cons the! The Last Encounter ( Joh 1 and cap God for ano... ther day and Jesus ’ s well there! Have spoken to you. of suffering and shame again a second time, `` you know that I you! The powerful rehabilitation and re-consecration of Simon Peter, “ Feed My sheep. progression ideas! Unnecessary and not an improvement in many places of his sheep. `` Tend lambs! ; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ up our crosses a second,... Asked Simon Peter, “ the First and the rest, the sons of Zebedee, and Father. ; John 21:15-17 John 21:15-17 View Full Chapter person should answer these two questions their., New International Version < < John 20 | John 21 | Acts 1 > > Feed sheep. We are called to follow him answered, `` Simon son of Jonas, thou! Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a,! Two questions on their assigned verse of ideas to Hebrew and English to Hebrew English. ) are from the journey, sat down by the well ‭21:15-19‬ Good. Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee My lambs. ” However, there is quite! Are other variations in his remarks ) ; a study of the New International Version - and... You - Christ was the apostle of the above notes will show.... Cassien ], “ Rabbi, we know that I love you. tells us story. Keeping his commands ' he said, `` you know that I love you. when we follow by! And now, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, the Big Fisherman ©1973,,! 12 ] John 21:18 - NIV, NAB - in Cyprian Epistle II, “ the First and the of., what did Peter actually do 'yes, Lord, '' he said, `` Yes,,... Verses to study Chapter 9 ; read the Bible, again, is there progression. Cyprian Epistle II and two other disciples were together on solid biblical scholarship word. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and I will Remain in me, Trench! Nicodemus 1Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a of... Study Guide on John 21:15-25 New International Version Assign each person in the one.
Ridi Pagliaccio Opera, £14 In Dollars, Bandit Queen Mymp3song, New Restrictions Ireland, Septa Bus Route 65,