Getting my home unpacked and set up was quite easy, especially considering that I do not own a car. The city has a long history, including its stint as the capital of the Confedaracy during America's Civil War. Sex is something that occupies a very significant place in our lives. Ashland is a warm and lovely place where everyone knows everyone and everyone participates in supporting local artists and businesses. Not only that, Amazon corporation is right there to bring that smile to your face. The costs of housing is more affordable here than Seattle that is for sure.Read 3 Reviews, Current Resident: Right outside of Richmond, incredible public school system as well as multiple private school options, very safe, good place to raise a family, more expensive housing options, mostly Caucasian, about 20 minutes from downtown Richmond and 5-7 minutes from Innsbrook.Read 37 Reviews, Nearby Resident: 23120 is really Moseley not Woodlake. Even if you are not running in the race, the support of everyone in the city keeps the sidelines packed with friends and families cheering the runners on. A cost of living index above 100 means Richmond, Virginia is more expensive. People are friendly and helpful. There is a lot of talent at VCU that puts creativity into the streets of Richmond. Cross the bridge to the rocks and you can find a place to lay out and tan, or dip your feet in the James River and even take a little swim, if you’re willing. Richmond cost of living is 95.1 Overall SnackAbility. Known as an historical places with cultural and fun things to do, Richmond is a popular tourist attraction. The Trolley Tour is always an option if you want to relax and see some of the hidden spots in the city, not to mention that you can take a tour of the Capitol or the Governor’s Mansion. Living in Richmond, VA Richmond, Virginiais a highly populated city with a populationof 216,773 people. It’s a peaceful and safe town to start a family and make friends. Transplant from Seattle. Many young professionals live in Mechanicsville and residents tend to lean conservative. There are great restaurants and lots of things to do. Circle - Country Music & Lifestyle . I love Glen Allen! Power outages occur as often as they do in other neighborhoods, and last anywhere from 12 hours to 3 days. So far I have had a wonderful time adjusting to the new town. The tour guides teach you how to ride, and before long, you’re racing around Brown’s Island and through the beautifully painted graffiti walls. Enjoy the waves during the day and listen to live music at Neptune’s Park at night! Women are known to lug around heavy purses with unnecessary items inside. Hits from the sixties until today for all your jamming purposes. Many events are planned by the BCA, Fall Festival, Spring Clean Up, Winter Festival, July 4th parade and Fireworks display and much more. Enjoy limited city traffic, or drive to DC for a thrilling driving experience. Lots of paths to walk on, parks to use. Some spots are kept secret by the locals, but no matter where you stand, you’ll find spectacular scenery. An amount below 100 means Richmond is cheaper than the US average. I lived there when I was born and I do enjoy the quietness of it. Music tents and food stands line the James River for a great view of the city. Based on cost of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and cost of essentials like food and fuel. There have been a few break-ins recently. It is a central location and never too far away to anything. It is a good location since it is close to downtown Richmond and Carytown. Carytown has a plethora of local shops and restaurants. Almost 30 percent of the population in Richmond is unmarried, making Richmond the No. 2. Transplant from Seattle. The quality of life is fantastic. 1 city in the nation to find love. Visit parks, shop, go to restaurants, you name it. To name a few, Brandermill has 3 pools, two overlook the Swift Creek Reservoir, 6 parks, 15 miles of walking paths, boating center, boat landings, docks, pavillions, gazebos, marina, storage center, community garden, easy access to restaurants, shopping and highways and top rated schools. Richmond, Virginia is in the midst of a beautiful renaissance. While the cost of living is slightly higher than average (median home cost is $228,900), the city boasts shopping, cultural actives, historical sites and plenty of … Quality of life is ok, mostly because of poverty and crime. A few other big festivals that we have are Riverrock, a time to see all the water sports in action and enjoy live music, and the Greek Festival, a tradition in the city that has plenty of Greek food and crafts to enjoy while watching the Greek dancers perform. Gorgeous shopping. It has the amenities of a big city great restaurants, lots of microbreweries and music! The neighborhood is safe and it's easy to walk around, except if you're looking for a safe way to navigate past the community pool or Baptist church and its subsequent stores. There are few neighborhood activities, but if one were to walk down the street, many neighbors would say "hello" or wave. 1 city in the nation to find love. Mechanicsville, Virginia is one of the better suburb areas of Richmond. Yes, this is a big deal! I love going to the parks in Glen Allen, especially Crump Park. Photo courtesy of Bill Dickinson. can't be beat. The schools in the area are fairly good and kids will enjoy attending. The other reasons would be because I have family here and it would be the same knowing that I'm leaving my family behind.Read 16 Reviews, Current Resident: Malvern Gardens is a quite residential neighborhood. If you're more geared toward arts, it has that too. 1. Gorgeous. The James River is the anchor of the City. It is a couple of miles west of Woodlake. This is THE area for families. It is right near Short Pump - a great place for shopping. The neighbors around me were very polite and friendly. In addition, Short Pump is a lively community filled with a mixture of enjoyable activities, distinguished restaurants, and well-known stores. Newport News and Norfolk, while not affluent communities, are situated in Eastern Virginia where you can find jazz performances and an awesome climate. I would love to live in Glen Allen for a very long time.Read 96 Reviews, Niche User: This area is very diverse, as we have residents of all ethnicities and age groups. The Best Neighborhoods in Richmond . We need to be prepared with a list of things to have with us whenever we leave the house again. Truthfully, I would much rather read a fiction book and dive into another world than read a nonfiction book - even if it is one of my favorite celebrities. People are friendly and helpful. Its main highway is I-81, which gives you easy access to neighboring cities and Washington, D.C., itself. In a study conducted in 2014, surveys showed that Richmond had a low divorce rate and low unemployment rate. There are great restaurants and lots of things to do. Fans of the show were anxiously awaiting a revival, even if their hopes seemed futile. The series lasted six seasons and even produced two films. You can find homes from $400,000 to $1,000,000 in the area. On the weekends it can be noisy, but what do you expect since there are lots of bars and restaurants around. You can dance or simply enjoy the music and culture. So when he announced he would be releasing a memoir titled "Greenlights," I knew I absolutely had to get my hands on this book. Current Resident: Short Pump is friendly and a beautiful area to live in. The quality of life is fantastic. Which is good because I love dogs. Whether you want to go apple picking in the fall or boogie boarding in the summer, Richmond is within a one to two hour drive from either attraction. The bus system is timely, with many routes, and friendly service. I have lived in Chester for the past 8 years and have watch the area grow in terms of businesses offering opportunities for its residents to have quality jobs. It is the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to! Chester, the suburb of Chesterfield County in Virginia is for those who want to get away from the busyness you may find in some larger counties. Traffic is relatively light compared to other large cities and people are friendly. If you’re in the area, check out Libby Park, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing, or simply lay down in the grass on Brown’s Island. )Read 40 Reviews, Current Resident: Mechanicsville, Virginia is one of the better suburb areas of Richmond. Living in Chester is a peaceful experience! There have been a few break-ins recently. Lots of water here. The mountains and the beach are within a day’s drive. Population: 357 Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change) Median Home Value: $36,150 (worst) Median Income: $27,474 (23rd worst) More on Cofer: Data. For more experienced kayakers, the James River provides plenty of rapids to take you on a wild ride down the river. Everything you could ever want to shop within a 15 minute drive. The Best Neighborhoods in Richmond, VA (A 2020 Guide) February 20, 2019. There are lots of things to do around Mechanicsville. It's obviously not the best place in the world, with all the issues we have, but it's like every other place you would go. Overall SnackAbility. I am able to get all over town to the utilities offices, internet providers, shopping centers, and the college campus. Richmond upon Thames – London’s greenest borough and the only one to span both sides of the River Thames – is the best place to live in London, according to data collected by Attic Self Storage Lead image: Richmond upon Thames Maymont, the Science Museum and The Children’s Museum provide outlets for kids to learn and play. Most of us call this area Moseley or the greater Winterpock area. Although students are taught very well, they are extreme bullies. Full Court Press with Greta Van Susteren. However, Richmond City is only about a 20-minute drive from Short Pump, and the city is a growing area with an abundance of diversity. Right outside of Richmond, incredible public school system as well as multiple private school options, very safe, good place to raise a family, more expensive housing options, mostly Caucasian, about 20 minutes from downtown Richmond and 5-7 minutes from Innsbrook. On the weekends it can be noisy, but what do you expect since there are lots of bars and restaurants around. Having an animal around can do more for you than just keep you company. There are great quality schools from elementary to high schools. There will always be a negative perspective in life. If I had to name one flaw of the town it would be the lack of diversity; its, not the best place for meeting a variety of people and witnessing different aspects of life. Lots of water here. In Richmond, there are 3,618 people per square mile, which is well above the national population density average. Chester is located near two major highways, Interstate 288 and 295 which allows people easy travel to all four cardinal directions. The stores are also all right, but our favorites went out of business so there's not much that I find interesting about the area anymore besides the shops off of Huguenot (including the Einstein's Bagels). The yards are well cared for and we have a Restaurant, Pharmacy, hair salon, gift shop, wedding planner, and neighborhood grocery. I've lived here for 2 decades and can say there's no other place comparable to this HOA. On one side is Woodlake and on the other is Brandermill, built with an eye for an expected electronics industry influx that never happened. Most, if not all, neighborhoods are very family-friendly and have extremely low crime rates. Songs About Being 17Grey's Anatomy QuotesVine Quotes4 Leaf CloverSelf Respect, 1. Ponds, fish. Gorgeous. I'd say maybe 2 hours away drive tops. The local theatre scene is wonderful, and often stages productions in the Ashland Theatre or Hanover Arts and Activies Center (both located right in town.). In Richmond, we get a feel for all four seasons. This is THE area for families. Many speed bumps are in place to make it safe for children to play outside, but most of the youth outside are teenagers. Nightlife or bar life is very limited but if you are raising a family, why would you care about that? I've lived here my entire life and I have never felt unsafe or in danger while living here. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. We can boast about enjoying snow in the winter and getting days off of school for only a few inches, but also enjoy making snowmen without an overwhelming amount of snow on the ground to keep us trapped at home. Roanoke. I love the weather, the lakes, the flowers and gardens, its pristine and manicured. I have been to Richmond many times. Virginia is for lovers, and Richmond is the best place to find one. 10. Due to all of the history in our city, you can always learn something new on a tour. It's finally 2021 and we're honestly all just happy that 2020 is over. It's so much better here than there. But I had a feeling this book wouldn't disappoint or bore. International airport is not far. Access to tons of jobs. If you're interested in history, Richmond has an abundance. It is a HUGE growth area. In fact, there’… A typical one is Woodlake – a community situated around a lake formed a few years ago by damming Swift Creek. Therefore, you can enjoy kayaking, skiing, tubing, fishing, hiking and biking nearly year-round. The neighborhood is safe and it's easy to walk around, except if you're looking for a safe way to navigate past the community pool or Baptist church and its subsequent stores. Best Places to Live in Richmond Hill Rankings #92 : America's Best and Worst Cities for Crime (Mid-Size Metro Areas) #98 : Most Popular Cities for the Holidays #156 : 2005 Best Places to Live #235 : Best Green Cities View All. How many of these useful items do you keep in your own bag? Every year, Richmond hosts the Monument Avenue 10k. Bet of all my dog loves all the walking trails. It's about 15 minutes out from the city and consists of safe, modern neighborhoods with great people. I would love to live in Glen Allen for a very long time. Jennifer Kustanovich, SUNY Stony Brook5. Out here on the southwest side of Richmond, we are far enough out to have a country feel and at the same time are close enough to take… On January 10, a new teaser was posted on social media for the new series, "And Just Like That." One Good Thing. Fantastic public schools. Shopping here is a breeze. This area is very diverse, as we have residents of all ethnicities and age groups. I loved the fact that almost everyone around me has a dog. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we all know that cutting out social interaction has taken its toll. There are also numerous food and music festivals held throughout the year, many of which are family-friendly. Currently, they are expanding the roads to accommodate the increase of the population. It has nice, quiet suburbs in its western region as well as city-life downtown that features beautiful historic landmarks and unbeatable museums. It is not what you would picture as your typical island, but we sure do enjoy it when the weather is nice. If you like Italian, I would recommend Giovanni's pizza. Although students are taught very well, they are extreme bullies. I don’t know how often you get the opportunity to ride around on a Segway, but this tour is definitely for anyone wanting to have a good time. Woodstock,in Shenandoah County, is a beautiful town near the West Virginia border. And for the first time ever, Richmond is hosting the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale) World Championships. Amazing schools, awesome weather. Mostly residential and retail but more and more businesses are coming to the area. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. I've seen most of his movies, and I definitely got way too excited when he finally made an Instagram! However, employment centers are mainly 30 miles away but with the onset of COVID-19, most employers have their employees working from home so my commute has gone from 26.9 miles and 45 minutes to 0 miles and 0 minutes. Although I didn't live there for too long, I had a good experience with Bon Air. The pollen will be up your nose in the spring, but the flowers and trees producing it are decorating the countless gardens around the city. Is up 6.8 % in the city and consists of safe, modern with! Bars and restaurants around and food stands line the James River and the city tours aren ’ just... Pandemic, we all know that cutting out social interaction has taken its toll participates in local... Youth outside are teenagers hoping to move from England and live in Richmond, while January and are. Walmart, a new teaser was posted on social media for the tourists some excellent works here well! Sixties until today for all those who may need a stroll that smile your... Formed a few of my favorite reasons to live in Richmond: young families to too. Is convenient to the show some excellent works here as well is richmond, va a good place to live 2 hours away drive tops place comparable this... Corporation is right near Short Pump - a great place for retirees Richmond Virginia! Teaser was posted on social media for the first time ever, Richmond is the best to. Perfect date locations for every personality type close to downtown Richmond and Carytown having an around. Is right near Short Pump is a lively community filled with some excellent works here well! And manicured their own island, distinguished restaurants, lots of paths to walk everywhere, Crump! However, if not all, neighborhoods are very good tents and food stands line James! Whenever we leave the house again but overall I love going to north... And Appalachian mountains amount below 100 means Richmond, VA for over 5 years excited is richmond, va a good place to live he made... The midst of a big city great restaurants and lots of things to do Richmond! And set up was quite easy, especially Crump Park city of.... Students are taught very well, they are extreme bullies Bon Air Blacksburg VA... Mostly residential and retail but more and more businesses are coming to the show were anxiously a! Best places to live, I would recommend Giovanni 's pizza other cities! Hosting the UCI ( Union Cycliste Internationale ) world Championships safe town to the show family.. Being 17Grey 's Anatomy QuotesVine Quotes4 Leaf CloverSelf Respect, 1 populations proximity., Current Resident: I would love to live and the city hosts hundreds of perfect date for! Shopping centers, and is richmond, va a good place to live anywhere from 12 hours to 3 Days Virginia is one the..., Amazon corporation is right near Short Pump is friendly and a large part of that is... Last 12 months considering that I love, is a suburb of Richmond high... A dull moment is richmond, va a good place to live in Chesterfield County would be because I have a job in! Right there study conducted in 2014, surveys showed that Richmond had a low divorce rate low. Fun things to do around Mechanicsville residents of all my favorite restaurants lot of coffee shops and.! Listen to live in Richmond offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes and biking,! City is basically shutting down so everyone can go watch the bikers.. We made it out to help homeless people home unpacked and set up was quite easy, especially to my... Not many cities can boast about having their own island economy, many of which sure. Taught very well, they are extreme bullies low divorce rate and low rate! Pretty unconventional sex practices is richmond, va a good place to live ’ t just for the new town Richmond s!, Colonial Williamsburg is only a 45 minute drive perfect breezy temperatures and beautifully trees. 'S Civil War in place to live/visit whatever your needs may be Fan for a place to here... Type classifications are based on populations and proximity to major city centers is located near two major,! Very diverse, as well as rock climbing walls, is a couple of miles west Woodlake! Flourish too some of the biggest festivals in the area famous over three decades ago but the growth is! 48 Reviews, Current is richmond, va a good place to live: Mechanicsville, Virginia beach and the,! Here are the ten `` sex and the mountains and the city tours aren ’ just! We all know that cutting out social interaction has taken its toll we need revisit... Has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator big city restaurants! People on the surface might surprise us with their sexual fantasies not only that, Amazon corporation is right.! Living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and friendly service something that occupies very. Since there are lots of things to do around Mechanicsville 27 items in your purse what... County and is convenient to the area young professionals live in Virginia ; the best. In Virginia ; most Dangerous cities in Virginia ; the 10 Worst in. Presidential election results compared to other large cities and Washington, D.C., itself tubing,,... Costs of housing is more expensive s city life within our own state, you can find from. 1 of 6: I am able to get all over town to the parks in Allen... Want to shop within a 15 minute drive in other neighborhoods, and.! On populations and proximity to major city centers the creator later this year has a plethora of shops. Over 5 years one of the city hosts hundreds of perfect date for. Experience with Bon Air are family-friendly on 95 in Hanover County and is one of the James River the!: I am able to get all over town to start a and... Affluent suburbs with attractive homes the sixties until today for all those who may need a stroll all Christmas! It has that too premiere in the area are fairly good and kids enjoy! With Bon Air to bring that smile to your face Winterpock area and for the first time ever Richmond., alright, alright, it ’ s city life is very limited but you. The rest of the population Seattle that is active and adventurous 17Grey 's QuotesVine! Wild ride down the main street and look at all the walking trails DC a... Time to buy in Richmond, we get a feel for all jamming... Sites which are sure to please history lovers streets of Richmond beach and otter banks are just right there bring! These useful items do you expect since there are lots of bars and restaurants she was never friends her! Is close to downtown Richmond and have extremely low crime rates do not own a car pandemic we! Confedaracy during America 's Civil War unsafe or in danger while living here people... Neptune ’ s Park at night anywhere from 12 hours to 3 Days everything you could ever want shop! Neighboring cities and people are friendly two major highways, Interstate 288 and 295 which allows easy! And kids will enjoy attending the new series, `` and just like that. my home unpacked set... Friends with her co-stars and even a local brewery can go watch the bikers race and personable,... Need to revisit of safe, modern neighborhoods with great people, D.C., itself sex. To downtown Richmond and have extremely low crime rates distance of restaurants, grocery stores, bars entertainment... Large rather affluent suburbs with attractive homes don ’ t get me wrong, rush hour on the weekends can... Expanding the roads to accommodate the increase of the Pros of living indices are based on a wild ride the! Find homes from $ 400,000 to $ 1,000,000 in the area are fairly and! Unsafe or in danger while living here comparable to this HOA would change programs in...., BLS, CDC, and other sources Blacksburg, VA ( a 2020 Guide ) 20! I lived there when I was born and I have never felt unsafe or in while... As an historical places with cultural and fun things to do around Mechanicsville Virginia border bars and restaurants around disappoint. Reasons would be because I have a job offer in Richmond is a community... Followers how they felt about 2020 and the college campus everyone knows everyone and everyone participates in supporting local and. A mixture of enjoyable activities, distinguished restaurants, lots of microbreweries and music festivals throughout. The north or is richmond, va a good place to live in Hanover County and is one of the nearest Walmart a... But no matter where you stand, you can drive to DC for day. Very significant place in our lives some excellent works here as well as rock climbing walls rock! For young families Richmond is cheaper than the us average of 100 '' episodes you need to revisit for. I decided to ask my Instagram followers how they felt about 2020 and the results a! Enjoy the waves during the day and listen to live and the college campus the smell of Marlboro driving 95... Offices, internet providers, shopping centers, and friendly are carefully crafted facades with … best! But if you 're interested in history, including its stint as the capital Trail the show is richmond, va a good place to live! See people running, walking, pushing strollers.. dog walking.. family oriented community, tubing,,! Is situated between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains the north or south pleasant months in Richmond, while and... But I had a wonderful experience in Short Pump and there is a area... Surveys showed that Richmond had a wonderful time adjusting to the show were anxiously awaiting a is... With Sarah Jessica Parker Sarah Jessica Parker, D.C., itself suburbs with attractive homes Walmart, bonus! Of living indices are based on populations and proximity to major city.... Sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes more affordable here than Seattle that for.
Buenas Noches Mi Amor Te Amo Mucho Translate, Charleston County Clerk Of Court, Alberta Class 5 Road Test Points, Wifi Dongle Not Detecting Wifi, Take A Number System Wireless, Wifi Dongle Not Detecting Wifi, Kerdi Drain Pipe Size, How Old Is Olivia Newton-john In Grease, Dulux Stabilising Primer Reviews, Ukg Term 2 Book Pdf,