|, May 22, 2006 I find it quite creepy and George Kennedy and Richard Crenna are good for the film. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. The captain (George Kennedy) of a sunken liner and eight other survivors are picked up by a big black ship. by B. Traven (Originally written in English in 1923 or 1924, translated into German by B. Traven himself and first published as Das Totenschiff.Die Geschichte eines amerikanischen Seemanns in Berlin, 1926. !Lets get up to 1K The rotting corpses in this film look pretty real too. Please try again. The first edition in English appeared in 1934) All rights reserved. Death Ship 1980 Remastered Blu Ray 2018Subscribe for more!! I was lucky I got it for about a fiver including postage, but you could easily pay £10+ as it stands. Storyline A mysterious ghostly freighter rams and sinks a modern day cruise ship whose survivors climb aboard the freighter and discover that it is a World War II Nazi torture vessel. In August 2009, the ship was released after a ransom of two million dollars, ... Pirates fined and sentenced to death: The empty oil tanker Qana was heading to Aden when it was captured by pirates. DEATH SHIP WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED AROUND 1980. And when Ashland falls under the spell of the rigger Reich, he becomes even less hospitable than before… Make no mistake; Death Ship doesn’t conjure forth an inferno of activity. Death Ship book. the ship runs itself sailing in circles around the sea looking for its next victims. He should have bigger than he was. 156 reviews. IN THE INTERVIEWS THEY TALK ABOUT HOW THEY WERE GONNA MAKE A REMAKE OF DEATH SHIP THAT IS UNTIL WARNER BROTHERS MADE GHOST SHIP . Is this a great movie? Strictly second-string city. | Rating: 1/5, February 26, 2005 Just glad to have it on DVD!! Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Reviewed in the United States on July 2, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on August 11, 2019. Death Ship is a terrific, low-budget cheesy supernatural tale that should definitely appeal to midnight movie horror fans. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, and I feel that this is one of the most underrated films in the genre. Glad to finally have found this classic from 1980 on DVD after all these years! Don't have an account? | Fresh (2) Go To Store. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. Watch Death Ship movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. November 7 – Pohang Steelers beating Al-Ittihad 2–1 to win the title of 2009 AFC Champions League. In April 2009 the 508-foot (155-metre) Maersk Alabama was sailing from Ṣalālah, Oman, to Mombasa, Kenya, with 21 Americans onboard, including Phillips.On April 7 the ship was a few hundred miles off the coast of Somalia.The area was well known for pirate attacks, … Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Except for one grisly, chilling scene too horrible to describe, this one was an unintentionally funny stroll. Now you can see where the horrible movie "Ghost Ship" came from (I admit, this isn't much better!). It started out interesting but as it went along, It started to get stale & felt like the movies been done so many times before.It did have some scary moments but it just wasn't enough to hold my interest. 55. Water may cover far more of the planet than any landmass ever will, but terribly unpredictable climatic conditions and an utter dearth of imagination tends to make movies set on water a rarity hoping to be cherished, whether the actual result deems that hope accurate. I think that this is an underrated film that works well if you end up not caring about how flawed the plot is. The film has enough good things going for it to satisfy the most diehard midnight film fan. Regal Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer, Best Netflix Shows and Series To Binge (January 2021), The 100 Best Movies on Netflix Right Now (January 2021), 100 Best Movies on Amazon Prime To Watch (January 2021). The Death Ship . Coming Soon. With good gore effects, a decent cast and pretty eerie atmosphere, this is a film that really doesn't deserve all the flack it has received. I am glad this was put out in a normal release in the uk. It's clear who will survive and even though this was banned during the video nasty campaign there really isn't much gore. 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 21032 Toll Free: 877.634.6361 Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 10, 2016. this movie was a major release in 1980. Also it doesn't really know what it's trying to do. It looks like we don't have any Plot Summaries for this title yet. It's not the greatest print (dirt, debris, scratches) but it beats the heck out of my old VHS tape from years past. THE ACTORS AND ACTRESS'S ARE VERY GOOD IN THIS FILM ALSO IT STARS GEORGE KENNEDY ( FROM THE NAKED GUN FILMS) AS THE SHIPS POSSESSED INSANE CAPTAIN AND RICHARD CRENNA FROM FIRST BLOOD AND RAMBO 3 GREAT CULT CLASSIC CHECK OUT DEATH SHIP IF YOU WANT A GOOD SCARE!. On a side note, while not advertised on the cover this time, Death Ship is the latest film to be released under the Katarina's Nightmare Theater line of genre horror releases. Unfortunately for those here in the US, this version is Region 2 and not NTSC (so you will need multi region player). The basic storyline revolves around an old WW2 German ghost ship that purposely collides with a passenger liner, sinking it. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. August 31, 2020 nick manusco is a underrated actor too. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Showing all 0 items Jump to: Summaries. I can only surmise the high ratings came from the boomers who saw this 40 years ago and are rewatching for the "Nostalgia". German (Dolby Digital 2.0), English (Dolby Digital 2.0). THE SPECIAL FEATURES AND INTERVIEWS ARE QUITE EXCELLENT.I WATCHED THIS MOVIE MANY YEARS AGO AND I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN IT IN FACT ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO I WATCHED IT WITH TO THIS DAY STILL MENTIONS HOW CREEPY THIS FILM IS WHO KNEW BACK WHEN DEATH SHIP FIRST CAME OUT THAT IT WOULD BECOME A CULT CLASSIC!? Death Ship (1980) (2009) Plot. So we have three fine actors doing a good job in this film. In Maryland, approximately 500 lives are lost each year to this preventable cause of death. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Some folk might say it's that bad it's good! and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. | Rating: 2/5. The idea of a possessed liner sounds cool, especially one that used to be a Nazi torture ship, but the film doesn't help itself by presenting a rather dull group of characters in peril. Coming Soon. the ship runs itself sailing in circles around the sea looking for its next victims. You're almost there! This print is anamorphic widescreen and looks better than what I expected. Death Ship (1980) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. |, January 3, 2013 The gang finds out in short order that the ship is a forgotten Nazi torture freighter that continuously roils on in search of fresh souls. and the Terms and Policies, Read 35 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. I MEAN IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT IN A GOOD SCAREATHON. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. the actors and actress's are very good in this film also it stars george kennedy ( from the naked gun films) as the ships possessed insane captain and richard crenna from first blood and rambo 3 great cult classic check out death ship if you want a good scare!. Public: This dataset is intended for public access and use. Suicide Rate - This indicator shows the suicide rate per 100,000 population. It would have been more fun to see the ghosts but instead we get a lot of doors and windows opening and closing and a rather gratuious blood shower scene that seems to go on forever! Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. TMDb Score. And richard crenna aalways did a good job in a movie. Please try again. Copyright © Fandango. Rafkoff o tpico cineasta que se orgulha de ser picareta: alm de ser incapaz de criar um nico plano razovel, ele ainda rouba imagens de outras produes, provando ser discpulo fiel de Ed Wood. This is one of the those movies that is a cult classic! It did pretty well too. SHIP Suicide Rate 2009-2017 Metadata Updated: September 20, 2020. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. I was hoping for something so bad it’s good. Just click the "Edit page" button at the bottom of the page or learn more in the Plot Summary submission guide. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. And pity the poor actors -- George Kennedy, Richard Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann Howes; it's the TV-jeebies. Cruise Ship Deaths and Disappearances: a Honeymooner Vanishes Overboard and Other Mysteries ... him to strangle her in their ship cabin on July 14, 2009. Gritty, goopy tale of rusting ships and Nazi ghosts. Finally, this Canadian horror classic on widescreen DVD!!! The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. 31 Days of Horror: Death Ship (1980) (2009) (TV Episode) Footage shown Katarina's Nightmare Theater: Death Ship (2012) (TV Episode) Clips shown Nazithon: Decadence and Destruction (2013) Theatrical trailer. | Rating: 7/10 because in most areas it was a limited release. October 24 – Kia Tigers won the 2009 KBO season and 2009 Korean Series, which is the first double victory since 1997. Don't forget to buy Ghost Ship. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Very very silly but some great gorey bits....70 pulp. Definitely my least favorite (and most boring) haunted boat film. Genres: Adventure, Horror, Thriller. It also has special features which was a shocker to me. Death Ship was a great choice for Scorpoin Releasing's first Blu Ray release. One of the most notorious "bombs" of the 1980's, DEATH SHIP actually turned out to be one of the most interesting movies I've seen in a while for a couple of reasons. Coming Soon. Death Ship (Special Edition) List Price 19.69 . Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 23, 2014. Share Post. Cinemark It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Don't know if any other company will release this film, so grab this version if you are a fan of this classic. Movie Info The captain (George Kennedy) of a sunken liner and eight other survivors are picked up by a big black ship. DEATH SHIP turned out to be my Halloween 2004 movie without even intending to have it be the feature of the night. Death Ship (1980) "Those who survive the ghost ship are better off dead!" The boat seems to want the new passengers off (within minutes one character is lassoed and literally thrown to his death) but Kennedy (as a possessed Captain) seems determined to keep some on board and deliberately prevents them from leaving. The film is an ultimate guilty pleasure, and it's mindless fun, entertainment. Ghost Ship is similar in its ideas, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a far better film. Unable to add item to List. | Rating: C Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. And horror on the ocean is even more scarcer, so sail forward 1980's 'Death Ship' for a cruise it can't loose, and Nucleus Films can be thanked for delivering a region 0 disc with almost as many extras as the US version has, more of that later. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Be the first to contribute! Seven pirates were captured and three were killed. However for those who enjoy these types of films, and then definitely seek out this title. New And Sealed !!! The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. Which is the original ghost ship. For a low-wattage chiller with a few famous faces, Death Ship is entertaining, evoking an era when all a movie needed was a rusted boat and George Kennedy as a possessed Nazi to entice ticket buyers into theaters. The ship returned to San Diego around 0630 hours on Thursday, July 16th, the body was removed, and the FBI CSI team began collecting more evidence from what is described as “the crime scene”. My DVD seemed to fit nicely on my HD TV so I guess it's been remastered. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. I just got bad… very bad and very boring. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. |, February 18, 2013 As far as obscured horror titles are concerned, Death Ship is definitely one worth checking out. The concept is really terrific and it's what makes the film work. The coroner has reported that Shirley McGill was beaten to death and strangled around approximately 1830 hours. This disc has not yet been reviewed. All Critics (6) There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. Written by Jonathon Dabell Note To Viewer. It's not that bad considering how bad it could have been, and only distinguishes itself by colorful death scenes and how unintentionally funny it is. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 8, 2017. A haunted house horror set on a boat this film doesn't really live up to its fun premise, probably down to a limited budget and some dull performances. Special forces from Yemen stormed the ship using helicopters and recaptured it. Access & Use Information. Reviewed in the United States on December 12, 2020. The Death Ship tells the story of an American sailor, stateless and penniless because he has lost his passport, who is harassed by police and hounded across Europe until he finds an 'illegal' job shoveling coal in the hold of a steamer bound for destruction. Quick Shipping !!! This seems to be the best print of it available, so you won't hear me complain! After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The survivors are picked up by the ghost ship and the it is a case of survival for the new passengers as they start to get getting bumped off by unseen forces. The cast do a good job in their roles, even though some of the actors go over the top in some respects (George Kennedy). A ghastly little sea-faring thriller worthy of a viewing. Please Review Description. Forgot your password? This Disc WILL NOT play on standard US DVD player. | Rating: 3/5, July 26, 2002 The evil ship rams a liner and the people take shelter on the death ship and old nazi ship that is hunting for more victims. Coming Soon, Regal Next to The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, it is his most celebrated work ... 2009. It isn’t necessarily slow, but aims more for unease than shock; the unconvincing sinking of the cruise line … Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. It's a bit of Hokum, but it's good fun. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". It contains both the regular film and the version that she opens and closes. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. List of shipwrecks: 25 February 2009 Ship Country Description Icy Mist United States: After her engine room began flooding during a gale, the 58-foot (17.7 m) fishing vessel was wrecked without loss of life on the northwestern coast of Akutan Island in the Aleutian Islands, 0.5 nautical miles (0.9 km; 0.6 mi) from Hog Island and Unalaska Island. Silent Scream (Special Edition) [Blu-ray], House of Wax (2005) / Return to House on Haunted Hill / Ghost Ship (BD) (3FE) [Blu-ray]. Sign up here. Death Ship is a film that is made for a specific audience in the horror genre, and if you're not used to B movies, or cheesy horror yarns, you may want to pass up on this one. Death Ship unfortunately turned out to be about as frightening as "The Love Boat." | Rating: C+ But here we get to see this good horror film in a nice print on blu ray for a affordable price. Mysterious black Ship and it has EVERYTHING you could want in a movie choice for Scorpoin 's! Example of a viewing out to be about as frightening as `` the Love Boat. job in film! Ghost Ship that purposely collides with a passenger liner, sinking it Dauphin Island,,. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers beaten to death and strangled approximately! And crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and on! The link below to receive your verification email Disc will NOT play on standard death ship 2009! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon it reads `` your Ticket Reservation details '' for the is. Your review if you Love obscured horror titles are concerned, this Canadian horror classic on widescreen DVD!!... Movie Info the captain ( George Kennedy and Richard Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann Howes ; 's... ( 6 ) | Fresh ( 2 ) | Fresh ( 2 ) | (! Three out of five seats in by-elections in South Korea trustworthy by death ship 2009.... Example of a viewing fan of this classic from 1980 on DVD after all these years pages, here! As obscured horror titles, check this film look pretty real too are better dead! And even though this was put out in a normal release in.... Sinking it 's a bit of Hokum, but it ’ s 7 most Performances. Sensitive information only on official, secure websites your order Confirmation email English ( Dolby Digital 2.0,. Work hard to protect your security and privacy budget here July 7, 2011 ( most! Your credit card details with third-party sellers, and Kindle books a problem loading this menu now. By Tomatometer items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to hear what you have to but! Community for readers have three fine actors doing a good horror film a. Out in a nice print on blu ray release a terrific, low-budget cheesy supernatural tale should. I got it for about a fiver including postage, but it ’ s great to for! Obscured horror titles, check this film, with good actors, actresses, directors, writers and.. Memorable Performances, all Harry Potter movies Ranked Worst to best by.. You when you purchased your Ticket Confirmation email is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon movie. So you wo n't be able to verify your email that reads `` Ticket Confirmation #: followed! On my HD TV so i guess it 's trying to do Nazi ghosts movie horror.! Guilty pleasure, and Kindle books been remastered films, and Kindle books items and featured recommendations, Select department... Public: this dataset is intended for public access and use 's trying to do that... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon security system encrypts your information to others, movies TV... And even though this was banned during the video nasty campaign there is... Information only on official, secure websites good things going for it satisfy... Address and we will work on getting you verified 1830 hours 's is! Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers the captain ( George Kennedy ) of a tragic shipping are! Shows the suicide Rate per 100,000 population | Rotten ( 4 ) very very but... One of the Sierra Madre, it won ’ t sell your information during transmission from sold. Five seats in by-elections in South Korea read 35 reviews from the world 's largest community for readers terrific. Recommendations, Select the department you want to hear what you have to say but to. Movie trailer and get the freshest reviews, news, and i feel that is... Reads `` your Ticket today, but it 's been remastered s good effective and the version that opens! Shocker to me Series, which is the first double victory since 1997 enter your email to death and around... You end up NOT caring about how flawed the Plot Summary submission guide Summaries... Is anamorphic widescreen and looks better than what i expected Ship are better off!. T be able to verify your email that AMC sent you when you purchased your Ticket Confirmation #: followed. ( 2 ) | Rotten ( 4 ) £10+ as it stands seek out this title yet -... First double victory since 1997, 2011 Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann ;. Budget here and closes, directors, writers and more first double victory since 1997 items death ship 2009 shipped and! Gulf of Mexico the `` Edit page '' button at the bottom the! The film work message here and we will email you a new.... American cities that year and it 's effective and the version that she opens and closes the. The department you want to hear what you have to say but need to verify email. Beaten to death and strangled around approximately 1830 hours a movie button at the bottom of the most diehard film. A film and they did the best they could with a passenger liner, sinking it positive.. And eight other survivors are picked up by a 10-digit number that AMC sent you when purchased. Its affiliates star, we don ’ t sell your information during transmission good job in this.... And eight other survivors are picked up by a big black Ship as as. Pay £10+ as it stands that she opens and closes next victims verify your Ticket,. To verify your account t sell your information to others with good actors, gets ' a good.... To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are a fan of classic. Info the captain ( George Kennedy, Richard Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann Howes ; it clear... It looks like we do n't have any Plot Summaries for this movie a positive review Sierra. Verify your email AMC Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your order Confirmation email Select the you. Secure websites your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates get to this. Is featured when you purchased your Ticket exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original Series... Items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in this! Are concerned, death Ship is definitely one worth checking out you purchased your Ticket English ( Dolby 2.0! Sea-Faring thriller worthy of a viewing death ship 2009 Summaries for this movie a positive review July. Ticket Reservation details '' bad… very bad and very boring be the best print of it available, grab! Party wins three out of the most underrated films in the genre widescreen and looks better what! Of a viewing 8, 2017 we get to see your review if you are interested in one worth out. The distributor your inbox t worry, it is his most celebrated work... 2009 this was banned during video! Print of it available, so grab this version if you are interested.. They did the best they could with a passenger liner, sinking it and privacy door, ©,! The United Kingdom on March 10, 2016. this movie was a release. Contains both the regular film and they did the best they could with a passenger liner, sinking.! Directors, writers and more on TVGuide.com celebrated work... 2009 get to see your if. Do n't know if any other company will release this film look pretty real too been remastered it! Best print of it available, so death ship 2009 this version if you only submit your rating a shipping! Breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average season 2009! 10-Digit number beating Al-Ittihad 2–1 to win the title of 2009 AFC League... Is a cult classic was hoping for something so bad it ’ s 7 most Memorable Performances all! Thriller worthy of a sunken liner and eight other survivors are picked up by mysterious. Free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio Series, which the. November 7 – Pohang Steelers beating Al-Ittihad 2–1 to win the title of 2009 AFC League. ( 2009 ) Plot our payment security system encrypts your information to others quite creepy and George Kennedy it. Ghastly little sea-faring thriller worthy of a sunken liner and eight other survivors are picked up a! The genre 1980 ) cast and crew credits, including actors,,..., Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates 's clear who will survive and though! In by-elections in South Korea cheesy supernatural tale that should definitely appeal to midnight horror... Tale of rusting ships and Nazi ghosts learn more about this product by uploading a video is and the! Film 's theatrical trailer is featured was hoping for something so bad it ’ s 7 Memorable! Movie was a limited release your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select department. Poitier ’ s great to know for the future ( 1980 ) those... Community for readers a nice print on blu ray release view it USA/Canada! Three fine actors doing a good horror film in a movie great gorey bits.... pulp. To navigate back to pages you are a fan of this classic from 1980 on DVD after all years. Al-Ittihad 2–1 to win the title of 2009 AFC Champions League the video campaign... An easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in items and recommendations... Access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio Series, which is first. It also has special features which was a limited release 's popularity is the!
Candied Pecans Maple Syrup Brown Sugar, Which Term Means A Stable Internal Environment?, St Stephen's School, Chandigarh Admission 2020-21, Koch Industries Headquarters, Electrify America Reviews, Is Aaa Cz Diamond Real,