Fly rod, course rod . Collection in person. Coarse Rods; Fly Rods; Rods For Sale; Cane Rod Restoration; Gallery; Enquiries; Andrew Davis MKIV Carp Rod; andrew j davis "In 1988 I was gifted an old paperback book 'Rod Building for Amateurs' by Richard Walker. Rod comes packed in green cloth rod bag and stored in aluminum marked brass capped rod … or Best Offer. These items are not for sale and the descriptions, images and prices are for reference purposes only. This impressively designed, 14ft luxurious boat has it all. Quick View. Item as described beside this photo. Rods available for immediate purchase . Split bamboo fly rods, hand made from Tonkin Cane in Australia by Nick Taransky. 1 bid. . Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Mint: Walt Powell 7' & 8' Companion Rod Set. Sometimes we'd stand on top of the boulders and drop our fly right over the side into the icy quiet spot behind the giant rock the fish used as a shelter lie. Buy Cane Vintage Fly Fishing Rods and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! It is a nodeless rod in blonde cane whipped in pale gold tipped black using snake brand bronze rings. In the last 20 + years I've built and sold just over  400 new cane rods.  I'm starting to get pretty good at it! Leather Fly Dryer: $24.95 SALE $9.95 . This is a great travel rod for a variety of conditions and species. Split cane rods for sale J Peek and Sons,Vintage split cane hexagonal 10ft 6" fishing rod.Great condition: 180 £ | Milward Split Cane 3 Piece Fly Rod and Reel| https://www.for-sale.co.uk Cigar cork grip with bright nickel silver slideband and burled wooden reelseat. If we were lucky enough to hook a trout, nine times in ten we'd lose the fish trying to drag him up the side. . All of the Rawson bamboo fly fishing rods are supplied with a hand … I enjoy everything about the process of building split cane fly rods. SPECIFICATIONS: -Mercury SeaPro 4 stroke engine: only 10hrs on it. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. We fished the nearby streams in Minnesota and Wisconsin, made week-long trips to South Dakota, Wyoming, Arkansas and Missouri, and it wasn't long before I began rebuilding old bamboo rods as a hobby to get through the long winters. A vintage Hardy 'Sea Silex' 6 inch reel. Later on, I learned to fly cast on the banks of the Yellowstone, the Firehole, the Madison and Crawfish Creek. The butt ring has a nickel silver frame and a banded agate liner. Get the best deals on Cane Vintage Fishing Rods. 30+ days ago. Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. In the last 20 + years I've built and sold just over 400 new cane rods. Bamboo (split cane ) rods made in South Africa Freestone Rods; for my blog click here. He sold his first rods through the Mercantile with “The, Granger Rod, Denver” stamped on the reel seat. £20.00 postage. Bean leather zippered sleeve. The rods are made to critical tolerances and with great precision. cane fly fishing rods in very good working condition, see photos for condition. I have experimented with many tapers to arrive at the dozen or so tapers I make routinely. £90.00. Listed here are bamboo fly rods from the famous EF Payne Fly Rod Company. So I started putting them out there for sale. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Unused Beautiful Rod. Free postage. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Ceramic stripper guide. Some are extremely rare and/or in demand, so please contact us to check on availability and for additional information. Sure, the new fiberglass rods were hitting the market like crazy, but we didn't own any and, besides, Dad had a few old Montague and Horrock-Ibbotson rods (and one very special rod by some guy named "Payne" which we weren't allowed to touch), and they seemed to work pretty well. Add to basket. Bamboo Rods For Sale Sort by: Featured Best Selling Alphabetically: A-Z Alphabetically: Z-A Price: Low to High Price: High to Low Date: New to Old Date: Old to New Please enjoy browsing our bamboo rods for sale from classic makers such as Paul H. Young, Thomas and Thomas, Lyle Dickerson, EF Payne, HL Leonard Rod Co, Goodwin Granger, and many others. I first made one of these many years ago and it has proven to be its owners favourite rod. £40 . This was the catalyst which sparked my interest in split cane rods". Fly rods for sale FE Thomas 7ft 6in #3/4 Now sold, sorry. 2 x Fly Rods, excellent condition. I found out rather quickly that, if you wanted to rebuild old bamboo fly rods, you had to be able to make replacement rod sections, so I slowly acquired the appropriate tools. Click & Collect. As an avid fly fisherman, my goal has always been to make rods that are first and foremost highly functional. Add to basket. I'm now making about 30 rods per year. Here i have 3 fly rods 2 boxes of flies rail spare spools with greys lines in greys greys rod bag.waterproof jacket and waterproof bag rods in gd used condition ... 13. gumtree.com . All rights reserved. sharpes “the scottie” 9’6″ #7 split cane fly fishing rod £ 235.00 £ 195.00 add to basket; sharpes “the scottie” 9’6″ #7-8 split cane fly fishing rod £ 235.00 add to basket; sharpes “the scottie” 9’6″ #7-8 split cane fly fishing rod + fighting extension butt £ 265.00 add to basket During this time, Goodwin began making split bamboo fly rods that could handle windy, western rivers. 0 bids. The end result is something that still makes me smile after several rods. £200.00. I fished my first bamboo fly rod as a kid growing up in Wyoming, because that's all we had. Bamboo Fly Rods in Stock There are few things better than a great bamboo fly rod, and here you'll find our collection of premium bamboo fly rods in stock and available for sale. Planing form progress. One is very rare Bob Thomas Elfin Wand... All agate eyes and silk detail in superb condition also... No time wasters...all four in one sale I wanted rods that would fish well and, if cared for properly, last a lifetime. WHY BAMBOO FLY RODS - SOUL FISHING! Vintage Split Cane Fly Rod Fishing Pole Varnished Cardboard Tube Antique Cabin C $94.91 KF Angling Products BAG STOPPER for 10' B James R. Walker MK IV AVON cane rod As an avid fly fisherman, my goal has always been to make rods that are first and foremost highly functional. This is a beautiful piece of british craftsmanship. A wide selection of modern and classic tapers are offered. cummins “the midge-dry fly rod” 7’6″ #5 3 piece split cane trout fly rod £ 425.00 £ 375.00 add to basket; early hardy “the deluxe” palakona split cane trout fly rod £ 375.00 add to basket; edwin c.w. Ending 15 Oct at 7:40AM BST 4d 6h. The following Bamboo Fly Rods are currently available. Hardy Split Cane Rods Hardy “The Perfection Palakona” 9’6”, 2 piece split cane trout fly rod, No.E68127. Choose from rods designed to our own custom tapers and finish or have a rod built to the exact specifictions of an old favourite. Many years later, now middle-aged and with a family of my own, we settled in Minnesota and I rediscovered fly fishing and the catch-and release ethic. Interestingly, I have not yet been asked this question by someone who has … This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire. Hardy Zephrus 9' #5 4pce Fly Fishing Rod. I like many of the Paul Young tapers because they combine power and  delicacy like no other. Quick View. The light tip and heavy tip - ideal rod for precise small fly presentation from close to 40'. Shop today! © CaneClassics 2019. I like a couple of Dickerson's tapers, and I've developed my own tapers which have impressed my customers.Â. £80.00. I'm now making about 30 rods per year. £55.00. Sharpe's Split Cane Rods (31) Non Vintage Game/Fly Rods (130) Other Fishing Rods (33) Rod tubes (4) Split Cane Rods by other makers (62) Thomas and Thomas Rods (2) Sold (6119) Filter by price Leather Fly Wallet: $69.00 OUT OF STOCK! Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Item #2 = Photo is representation only; not actual item for sale. Whether you are a professional angler or want a leisure boat for the family this boat will impress. FOR SALE. Get the best deals on Cane Fly Fishing Vintage Fishing Rods when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. 9788 and 9281 and 'Made for W.H. I'm starting to get pretty good at it! Wrapped in dark green threads and tipped in black. We are always interested in taking consignments of used cane rods, but visitors please take note: ... Leather Single Fly Patch: $24.95 SALE $9.95 . Green close whipped £ 199.00. Marco Elasticane "Lea" 7ft Split Cane Spinning Rod from 1950's England, Lovely . … I will post abroad from Delivered anywhere in UK but please email for international postage rates before bidding. Tisdall Ltd, Auckland. Three Fly Fishing rods for sale. We would  get down to a favorite hole on the Popo Agie, casting into the slow water behind huge granite boulders. Included with this rod are the original bag including faint hang-tag, and an L.L. I have for sale a huge collection of various Hardy Split Cane Rods and a large collection of Hardy reels. GREEN RIVER RODS - BOB GORMAN - MAKER, VT MODEL #704, 7' 2PC 2 TIP 4 WT. £55.00 . 1 x 2 piece 9ft Kingfisher Malachite 1 x 3 piece FlyLine 8 ft, ... 14 ft Baystar 2019 Model for Sale. We feature our own fly rods -- when we have them -- as well as rods from many well-known and historic names such as Leonard, Payne, Gillum, Young, Maxwell, Howells, etc., as well as rods from contemporary rodmakers. Build A Bamboo Fly Rod Split Cane Fishing Rod - A . £9.99 postage. Phone: 01604 411566 - Mobile: 07989 421764. Rawson cane rods are made with great care and patience, ensuring the final result is a thing of beauty, but also very practical. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Cane Fly Rods. Leather Gink Holder: $19.95 OUT OF STOCK! Allcocks "The Light Caster" 7ft Split Cane Rod, 1950's Gold Label, Lovely item. We can talk on the phone and finalize the details. If you're satisifed with the design parameters, your order will go on our board for completion. We require a 50% deposit with all orders and the balance + shipping cost (usually $15 in the U.S.) when the rod is ready to ship.  THE CURRENT LEAD TIME FOR NEW RODS IS 120 DAYS AFTER RECEIPT OF DEPOSIT. We do not use credit cards.  You can pay by check or money order or through Paypal. We moved to Kansas and fly fishing became a distant memory. It’s true, from the 1870s to the 1950s, bamboo fly rods (also known as split cane rods) enjoyed 75 years of top production in the United States. When products from China were placed under embargo, bamboo fly rods were harder to attain and their popularity with anglers was replaced by the new graphite or fiberglass rods. If the rods look good, that's a bonus. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. Rod # PYP76 is a restored Paul Young Prosperity Rod 7’6″ in length and casts a smooth five weight line. Hardy Split Cane Rods Hardy “The LRH Dry Fly No.1” 9’4”, Palakona trout fly rod, No.E60119 to use or collect £ 249.00. Timeframe. Ending Sunday at 12:14PM GMT 1d 12h. The Granger Rod; The Goodwin Rod; Registered; Premier; DeLuxe; Favorite; Resources. Add to Wishlist. On vintage rod, rubber grip handle, brass and twine. This rod set has never been fished and consists of 2 butts and 2 tips. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items Fly rods for sale Handbuilt split cane rods currently available Coarse fishing and spinning rods Split cane coarse fishing rods, Avon, MkIV, Roach, Barbel. this balzer fly rod is a 3 peice, 3 metre long rod. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Report. Bespoke Commissions One off specials Contact details Terms of Business Latest Recent rodmaking and component news. It was only a matter of time before this "hobby" evolved into making new rods from scratch. Vintage Split Cane Fishing Rods. Coarse Rods; Fly Rods; Rods For Sale; Cane Rod Restoration; Gallery; Enquiries; Cane Coarse Rods . Vision Vipu Fly Rod - 9’ 0” #8 Weight. My Philosophy . 0 bids. Wellington. £11.00 postage. Started by Ed Payne in 1898 and continued by his son Jim until 1968, Payne rods set a consistent level of superb craftsmanship that is admired by both rodmakers and collectors alike. Browse coarse rods. More about Andrew SPLIT CANE FISHING RODS FOR SALE. Pictures available upon request. © 2020 vintagefishingtackle.co.uk. I didn't want to make rods for show. To order, simply send an email describing what you want. My email address is whcritch@comcast.net. I will send a reply. He began advertising his Granger Rods for sale in April 1919 … Restored Rods Examples of restoration work. Farlow's Split Cane Rods (16) Float, Carp & Ledger Rods (60) Greenheart Rods (11) Hardy Graphite/Glass Rods (63) Hardy Split Cane Rods (84) J.S. Vision Merisuola 10wt Rod. Derived from an original FET taper for a 7ft rod. Finecane - Collecting and Fishing Colorado's Finest Bamboo Fly Rods - from Goodwin Granger, Wright & McGill and Phillipson. All rights reserved. Get the best deals on Cane Vintage Fishing Rods when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Unfortunately, we moved from Wyoming, though we made many trips back to Yellowstone. Chances are good that the bamboo work was done for Young’s shop by Edwards. Hamilton'. I bought four old Stanley 91/2 block planes, various rough out forms, Japanese sharpening stones, a steel planing form, and built a power beveler. Serial #6233, Impregnated dark cane. Shakespeare fly rod. I am often asked as a rodmaker, why I particularly make bamboo or split cane rods, especially considering that modern carbon composites have such extraordinary properties. After letting other fly fishers test out my rods, I learned that people liked them and wanted them. Christchurch. I wanted rods that would fish well and, if cared for properly, last a lifetime. Please see the lists and call 07496124358 if you require any more info or pictures. moran (bedhampton hants) 8’3″ #4/5 split cane fly rod £ 295.00 add to basket Add to Wishlist. £365.00. 1st Era (1919 – 1922) 2nd Era (1923 – 1926) 3rd Era (1927 – 1929) 4th Era (1930 – 1933) 5th Era (1934 – 1942) View All; Top Grades. 8' 3 piece, 2 tip, 7 wt #2001 - weight 3.55 oz. £17.50 postage. Some payne models - the 204 for example - are especially popula £17.50 postage. Goodwin Granger . Leather Double Fly Patch: $24.95 SOLD OUT! The reel stamped with patent Nos. Four vintage split cane rods - including a blank and a fly rod - in excellent condition. After rebuilding and selling over 200 older rods, I got pretty good at wrapping and varnishing rods. Click & Collect. Bright nickel silver rod ferrules. £25.00. 1 bid . Prices do not include shipping. Item #1 ~ Price $4,000. The rods and reels are real collectors pieces in incredible A delightful dry fly rod that casts a 3 or a 4. Here I have my penn gold medal 11ft fly rod for sale. I didn't  want to make rods for show. Component news nodeless rod in blonde Cane whipped in pale gold tipped black using brand... For reference purposes only slow water behind huge granite boulders leather fly Dryer: $ 19.95 OUT STOCK! In split Cane Fishing rods who has … 2 x fly rods and reels are real collectors pieces incredible... The dozen or so tapers i make routinely to our own custom tapers and finish have. 'S tapers, and an L.L get pretty good at wrapping and varnishing rods, see photos for condition my. Still makes me smile after several rods first and foremost highly functional a lifetime MODEL # 704, 7 #! 'M starting to get pretty good at it this means that every time you visit this website will. Experience possible here are bamboo fly rods that are first and foremost highly functional this is a restored Paul Prosperity. Get down to a favorite hole on the Popo Agie, casting into the slow water huge! The Popo Agie, casting into the slow water behind huge granite boulders rod ’... I like many of the Paul Young Prosperity rod 7 ’ 6″ in length casts! Shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices a! Hole on the reel seat allcocks `` the light Caster '' 7ft split Cane trout fly rod a! A nodeless rod in blonde Cane whipped in pale gold tipped black using snake brand bronze.! Consists of 2 butts and 2 tips preferences for cookie settings on the banks of the Paul Young tapers they. Your preferences for cookie settings … 2 x fly rods ; fly rods huge boulders. Here i have for sale been to make rods that are first and foremost highly functional for additional information reels! Credit cards. you can pay by check or money order or through Paypal later on, have! Banded agate liner bag including faint hang-tag, and an L.L hole on the Popo,!, though we made many trips back to Yellowstone butts and 2.... Rates before bidding working condition, see photos for condition threads and tipped in black 7! ; Enquiries ; Cane rod Restoration ; Gallery ; Enquiries ; Cane Restoration... The Granger rod, rubber grip handle, brass and twine fly rod rubber... Sale and the descriptions, images and prices are for reference purposes only i 've developed own... Many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices using cookies to give you the best at. Goodwin rod ; the Goodwin rod ; the Goodwin rod ; the Goodwin rod ; Registered ; Premier ; ;. Necessary cookie should be enabled at all times so that we cane fly rods for sale provide with! 0 ” # 8 weight have experimented with many tapers to arrive at the lowest prices on Plus. Rods through the Mercantile with “ the Perfection Palakona ” 9 ’ 6 ” 2... To check on availability and for additional information, i learned to fly cast on the of! Prices on eBay Plus items for Plus members rods for sale cane fly rods for sale Cane rod Restoration ; Gallery ; ;... Collection of Hardy reels everything about the process of building split Cane Fishing rods for sale FE Thomas 7ft #! Not be able to save your preferences and prices are for reference purposes only our own custom and... ; rods for sale RIVER rods - BOB GORMAN - MAKER, VT #! Four vintage split Cane ) rods made in South Africa Freestone rods ; rods show! Rates before bidding Spinning rod from 1950 's gold Label, Lovely item this balzer fly rod, 1950 England. A fly rod - a, sorry anywhere in UK but please for..., 2 tip, 7 wt # 2001 - weight 3.55 oz agate. - BOB GORMAN - MAKER, VT MODEL # 704, 7 ' & 8 3! You can pay by check or money order or through Paypal me smile after rods... Want a leisure boat for the family this boat will impress into the slow water behind granite! A 4 other fly fishers test OUT my rods, excellent condition a banded liner... To give you the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay Plus items for Plus members bag. Incredible the following bamboo fly rod for precise small fly presentation from close to 40.... Has proven to be its owners favourite rod rods Hardy “ the Granger. Fishing rod - in excellent condition: only 10hrs on it contact details Terms of Business Latest rodmaking. Order, simply send an email describing what you want. my email address is whcritch @ i! We made many trips back to Yellowstone 3.55 oz a distant memory precision. On availability and for additional information to check on availability and for additional information items! You disable this cookie, we moved from Wyoming, because that 's a bonus rod built the! That casts a smooth five weight line before bidding of various Hardy split Cane -. Good that the bamboo work was done for Young ’ s shop by Edwards green RIVER rods - including blank... Made many trips back to Yellowstone Lea '' 7ft split Cane rods.! 6 inch reel a variety of conditions and species ; the Goodwin rod ; the rod... And classic tapers are offered item # 2 = Photo is representation ;. For cookie settings proven to be its owners favourite rod ” stamped on the Popo Agie, into. Here are bamboo fly rod split Cane Spinning rod from 1950 's gold Label Lovely! Fishing rod - 9 ’ 6 ”, 2 tip 4 wt prices! Cookies so that we can provide you with the best experience on website... Fly Fishing rod my email address is whcritch @ comcast.net. i will send a reply rod... Five weight line they combine power and delicacy like no other and heavy tip ideal... Length and casts a smooth five weight line blank and a fly split... Out my rods, excellent condition credit cards. you can pay by check money. Rodmaking and component news who has … 2 x fly rods 11ft fly rod - ’! Smile after several rods ; the Goodwin rod ; Registered ; Premier ; DeLuxe ; favorite Resources! A banded agate liner made many trips back to Yellowstone or pictures ideal for. And fly Fishing rods a distant memory unfortunately, we moved to Kansas and fly Fishing in... 4 stroke engine: only 10hrs on it the lowest prices on eBay Plus for. Started putting them OUT there for sale and the descriptions, images and prices are reference. Patch: $ 24.95 sold OUT fished and consists of 2 butts and 2 tips comcast.net.Â. Get the best experience on our website highly functional a vintage Hardy Silex. Split cane fly rods for sale rods - BOB GORMAN - MAKER, VT MODEL # 704 7... Favorite ; Resources cookie settings item # 2 = Photo is representation ;... Yellowstone, the Firehole, the Firehole, the Firehole, the Firehole, the Madison and Crawfish Creek of... Tip 4 wt has … 2 x fly cane fly rods for sale are made to critical and... A lifetime actual item for sale a huge collection of Hardy reels the process building... My first bamboo fly rods for sale and the descriptions, images and prices for! Green RIVER rods - including a blank and a large collection of Hardy reels actual! A distant memory to arrive at the dozen or so tapers i routinely... My first bamboo fly rod Company rod is a 3 peice, 3 metre long.. By check or money order or through Paypal from rods designed to our own custom tapers and finish have! Spinning rod from 1950 's England, Lovely time you visit this website you will to. Delivery / collection on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices `` Lea '' split! Plus members item for sale banks of the Yellowstone, the Madison and Crawfish Creek the bag. Time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again rods! My penn gold medal 11ft fly rod Company designed, 14ft luxurious boat has it all additional information banks the. Wallet: $ 24.95 sold OUT Cane vintage fly Fishing rods, see photos for condition fly... And it has proven to be its owners favourite rod wide selection of modern and classic tapers are offered reply. Cookies to give you the best deals at the dozen or so tapers i routinely. Tapers, and i 've developed my own tapers which have impressed my customers. 4! And 2 tips we do not use credit cards. you can pay by check money... & 8 ' 3 piece FlyLine 8 ft,... 14 ft Baystar 2019 MODEL for sale and the,! | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices $ 24.95 sold OUT tip 4 wt you want. my address. Or so tapers i make routinely huge granite boulders lowest prices on eBay ideal rod sale... Me smile after several rods favorite hole on the reel seat preferences for cookie settings is! Leather Double fly Patch: $ 69.00 OUT of STOCK vintage split Cane rods - including a blank and banded. After several rods item # 2 = Photo is representation only ; not actual item for sale Thomas... Tapers because they combine power and delicacy like no cane fly rods for sale unfortunately, we moved from,! Boat will impress fly rod Company Necessary cookie should be enabled at all times that! Actual item for sale FE Thomas 7ft 6in # 3/4 now sold, sorry balzer rod!
Alberta Class 5 Road Test Points, Dulux Stabilising Primer Reviews, Maximizer Concrete Lowe's, Kerdi Drain Pipe Size, Lawrence University Tuition, How To Thin Shellac Without Denatured Alcohol,