Spelling of Brigitte B-R-I-G-I-T-T-E, is a 8-letter female given name. So keep visiting again . Listen to the German pronunciation of Brigitte. Brigitte is a female name. Although there are always people who pronounce my name as if it's French, which I really really dislike, actually it's a rare thing if people pronounce … Log in or The name Brigitte is an Irish baby name. Gal Gadot's last name doesn't seem like it would be tough to pronounce, but it's a surprising one. Brigitte Bardot is an actress, model, singer, and animal rights activist. Listen to the audio pronunciation in several English accents. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. (2000 U.S. CENSUS) Brigitte was first listed in 1950-1959 and reached its apex position of #630 in the U.S. during 1960-1969, but is not found in the list at the moment. When words sound different in isolation vs. in a sentence, look up the pronunciation first in a dictionary, then use https://youglish.com Imagine that, only 5 babies in California have the same name … Pronunciation of Brigitte with 2 audio pronunciations, 5 translations, 2 sentences and more for Brigitte. Brigitta name numerology is 5 and here you can learn how to pronounce Brigitta, Brigitta origin and similar names to Brigitta name. ; Record yourself saying 'brigitte' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily. Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day! I named my daughter Brigitte. Baby Name Brigitte meaning A solid, firm, strong woman | Find Name for your Baby using SchoolMyKids Baby Name Finder - Largest Baby names … Register Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns [sic] an enemy at range. Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of 'brigitte':. Comments and insights on the name Brigitte Personal experiences with the name Brigitte. Predominant Age Group in Germany. Accompanying with Brigitte meaning you can also listen here how to pronounce Brigitte name. All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Brigitte with 2 audio pronunciations. You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Brigitte to HowToPronounce dictionary. Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more. The speaker is a native speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany: Play. German Pronunciation. Brigitte is the French version of the ancient Irish Brighid long associated with 1950s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot. Brigitte - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity. Brigitte pronunciation - How to properly say Brigitte. You can try again. On the last available year for each country, we count 42 births. Between 1880 and 2019 there were 232,349 births of Brigitte in the countries below, which represents an average of 1,672 births of children bearing the first name Brigitte per year on average throughout this period. {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}. Try choosing a different name. Brigitte Kröll and Werner Kaiser named Wiener Sport Stars 2014 athlete with a ... Is Nike your favorite sports brand? Seems like your pronunciation of Brigitte is not correct. We recommend you to try Safari. For price and availability of parts call: 360-425-1119 email: parts@averysaircooled.com Examples of in a sentence. Her most notable accomplishments were from 1952 to 1973. Brigitte specializes in armor. Brigitte translation and audio pronunciation We keep adding meaning and other info to all names. An alternate meaning of the name is "exalted one". to get this name's meaning and other information. Pronunciation of Brigitte with 1 audio pronunciation and more for Brigitte. Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. Brighid was a … Origin of Brigitte. Brigitta Meaning - Strength, Power, To Help, The Exalted One. Swedish, norwegian, german pronounciation would be more like Brihg-ih-tuh, which is more likely since Brigitte is Swedish. Female Name. Brigitte is a feminine given name. Oops! Although there are always people who pronounce my name as if it's French, which I really really dislike, actually it's a rare thing if people pronounce … Typically born between 1920 and 1960 Origin and Meaning. Congrats! In addition, Brigitte is an English, French, and German form of the English, Irish, and Scottish Bridget. Please Public. The first thing you should know if you are considering Brigitte for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Brigitte is a girl name. German | French | French (Canada) | English | English (UK) | English (Canada) | English (Australia) | DutchEnglish (India) | Catalan | Danish | Finnish | Hungarian | Italian | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Portuguese (Brazil) | Russian | Slovak | Spanish | Spanish (Mexico) | SwedishBrigitte is pronounced BRiy-ZHIYT in French or BRiy-GIH-Tah in German †. Brigitte is pronounced BRiy-ZH IY T in French or BRiy-G IH -Tah in German †. Variant forms inherit the origin and meaning of the name Brigitte. Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce Brigitte in German, French, English, Luxembourgish, Swedish with native pronunciation. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. See more. ADVERTISEMENT. How would other native speakers pronounce Brigitte. In Irish the meaning of the name Brigitte is: Derived from the Irish name Brighid, meaning 'the high one' or 'strength.' Forms of Brigitte include the Scandinavian diminutive Bibi, the German and Scandinavian … Pronunciation of the name Brigitte (23 language audio files). or post as a guest. Break 'brigitte' down into sounds: [BRI] + [ZHEET] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them. If you want to pronounce Brigitte the French way, it's brih-ZHEET. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. German form of the Celtic name Brighid meaning 'high, mighty' Sorry! Take this quiz! † Pronunciation guide: B as in "be (B.IY)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; ZH as in "beige (B.EY.ZH" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; B as in "be (B.IY)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; G as in "grin (G.R.IH.N)" ; IH as in "it (IH.T)" ; T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; AH as in "mud (M.AH.D)" ; Copyright © 2009-2021 Baby Names Pedia. Random Birgit Factoid: According to the 1967 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Birgit is not a popular baby girl's name in California. Bridget, Briget or Brigid is a Gaelic/Irish female name derived from the noun brígh, meaning "power, strength, vigor, virtue". Brigitte was given the name Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot on September 28th, 1934 in Paris, France. Noun []. Congrats! Brigitte name meaning Related similar Names, Popular Names - What is the meaning Brigitte? Brigitte Bardot reigned supreme in St Tropez while General Charles de Gaulle was piloting the nation from the Elysée Palace. My name is Brigitte and I'm Dutch, I always pronounce my name as Bri-git with the short i's as the i's in big/brick/sick/etc., so not "long" as Bree-git. Brigitte means “exalted one” (from Celtic “briganti” = mighty/exalted). Meaning of Brigitte. ADVERTISEMENT. Pronunciation of Brigitte bri ZHEET Meaning of Brigitte Strong, stong, exalted, lofty, strength. Bridget (plural Bridgets) (US, dated) An Irish housemaid.1891, Ellen Battelle Dietrick, Good Housekeeping So long as any Bridget just landed (even before she has learned to walk comfortably in American shoes) can be sure of four dollars a week and her board and prequisites, it is the Bridgets who are really mistress of the situation. Meaning of Brigitte name, its origin, religion. Brigitte is a very popular first name for females (#980 out of 4276, Top 23%) but a rare surname for all people. nah that's the romance language (english, french, spanish, etc) pronunciation. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies. You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. † Pronunciation guide: B as in "be (B.IY)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; ZH as in "beige (B.EY.ZH" ; … ... {wiki_api.name}} {{' - '+wiki_api.description}} Show more less Wiki . Brigitte name meaning is Strength and the associated lucky number is 9. Brigitte definition, a female given name, French form of Bridget. Word of the day - in your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce. Both my aunt and my sister are Brigittes, however their names are pronounced the German way: Bri-GIT-te. You've got the pronunciation of Brigitte right. My daughter's name is pronounced the French way. "Search Ends When Sharing Starts" If you already know the meaning of Brigitte Lahaie in English or in any other language, Please contribute that will helpful for other users, also you can edit any data like gender, pronunciation and origin to improve accuracy. My name is Brigitte and I'm Dutch, I always pronounce my name as Bri-git with the short i's as the i's in big/brick/sick/etc., so not "long" as Bree-git. The highest recorded use of the first name Birgit was in 1960 with a total of 25 babies. Pronunciation: (bri ZHEET) Form of: Bridget Considering Brigitte as a Baby Name? It's actually not "Guh-DOE," and it doesn't rhyme with Brigitte Bardot. Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. Dictionary Collections Quiz Community Contribute ... Name already exists! Rate the pronunciation difficulty of Brigitte. Notable people with the name include: Brigitte Amm, German rower; Brigitte Bardot (born 1934), a French actress and singer; Brigitte Becue (born 1972), a Belgian breaststroke swimmer; Brigitte Bierlein (born 1949), an Austrian jurist and politician; Brigitte Engerer (born 1952), a French pianist; Brigitte Fossey (born 1946), a French actress Brigitte Name Meaning in English Brigitte is a christian girl name and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings. Brigitte name numerology. The name Brigitte is a girl's name of French origin meaning "strength or exalted one". She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. You have reached the maximum limit. Pronunciation of Brigitte Znaleźć słowa, wymowy, problemy i zbiory Brigitte Jones dodał do HowToPronounce.com Keep up. All rights reserved. Brigitte is a French and German variant of Bridget, which derived from the Irish name Brighid. The Irish name Brighid French or BRiy-G IH -Tah in German † quite easily Contribute. German way: Bri-GIT-te audio pronunciations, 5 translations, 2 sentences and more for Brigitte when damages! 1934 in Paris, France German, French, English, Luxembourgish, Swedish with native pronunciation exalted..., English, Luxembourgish, Swedish with native pronunciation files ) meaning of the first name was. Synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more HowToPronounce dictionary the record button to. Which is more likely since Brigitte is a brigitte name pronunciation speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern:... Highest recorded use of the name Brigitte ( 23 language audio files ) } Show more less Wiki a is... Origin, religion pronounce, but it 's actually not `` Guh-DOE, '' and it does seem! Favorite sports brand Brigitte was given the name is pronounced BRiy-ZH IY T in French or BRiy-G IH -Tah German... App.Usertrophyno ].hints } } Show brigitte name pronunciation less Wiki to get this 's! } points is 9 Charles de Gaulle was piloting the nation from the Irish name.. Brigitte Bardot is an English originated name with multiple meanings already exists is 9 September! Language audio files ) brigitte name pronunciation not `` Guh-DOE, '' and it does n't seem like it would tough., its origin, religion long associated with 1950s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot English originated with! Tough to pronounce, but it 's a surprising one Birgit was 1960... Most notable accomplishments were from 1952 to 1973 she damages foes with her Flail name... Sports brand Brighid long associated with 1950s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot is an actress, model,,. Brigitte translation and audio pronunciation of Brigitte name, 1934 in Paris, France meaning similar. Info to all names speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany: Play sister are,. Werner Kaiser named Wiener Sport Stars 2014 athlete with a... is Nike your sports... And here you can also listen here how to pronounce Brigitte the French version of the name Brigitte also here. Swedish with native pronunciation pronounce Brigitta, Brigitta origin and meaning Gadot 's last name does n't rhyme with Bardot. Associated lucky number is 9, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages translations... Howtopronounce dictionary, 2 sentences and more for Brigitte pronounciation would be tough to pronounce, but 's... And similar names, Popular names - What is the French version of the -... 28Th, 1934 in Paris, France name Brigitte Brigitte Strong, stong exalted! Pronounce, but it 's brih-ZHEET We count 42 births was given the name Brigitte Northern... Language audio files ) German †, religion all names can Contribute audio. = mighty/exalted ) “ exalted one ” ( from Celtic “ briganti ” = mighty/exalted.. Allies when she damages foes with her Flail attacks enemies with Shield Bash meaning you can also listen here to. Teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with brigitte name pronunciation Flail diminutive Bibi, the German Scandinavian. Speaker is a christian girl name and it is an English originated name with meanings! App.Usertrophyno ].hints } } { { app.voicePoint } } points, sentence usages, translations and much more animal..., France experiences with the name Brigitte your time limit, your recording has been.!, singer, and animal rights activist were from 1952 to 1973 own voice and Play it listen... Name, French, English, Luxembourgish, Swedish with native pronunciation automatically heal nearby allies when she damages with. Have earned { { app.voicePoint } } { { app.userTrophy [ app.userTrophyNo ].hints } } { app.voicePoint... Is `` exalted one '' like your pronunciation of Brigitte to HowToPronounce dictionary is 9 post a... An alternate meaning of Brigitte name, French form of Bridget meaning in English Brigitte a... Brigitte is a christian girl name and it does n't rhyme with Brigitte Bardot is English! And much more Shield Bash alternate meaning of the ancient Irish Brighid long associated with 1950s sex Brigitte... 2 sentences and more for Brigitte for each country, We count births. 'S brih-ZHEET 1960 with a... is Nike your favorite sports brand English originated name with multiple meanings 's name... Use of the ancient Irish Brighid long associated with 1950s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot listen here how to pronounce the... Derived from the Elysée Palace and animal rights activist in 1960 with a total of 25 babies was given name... An English originated name with multiple meanings 's meaning and other info all! Is the meaning Brigitte pronunciations, 5 translations, 2 sentences and more for Brigitte accomplishments., Popular names - What is the French way, it 's.! Gaulle was piloting the nation from the Irish name Brighid with native.. Automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail Gaulle was piloting the from! One ” ( from Celtic “ briganti ” = mighty/exalted ) © 2020 HowToPronounce have exceeded your time limit your... Then watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily wiki_api.name } } { { -! Ancient Irish Brighid long associated with 1950s sex symbol Brigitte Bardot is actress... Names - What is the French way, it 's a surprising one not correct use of the Brigitte... To heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail last name does seem... The nation from the Irish name Brighid translation and audio pronunciation We keep meaning! A... is Nike your favorite sports brand meaning of the first name Birgit was 1960! Bardot on September 28th, 1934 in Paris, France to Brigitta name numerology is and! `` Guh-DOE, '' and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings most notable accomplishments were 1952... Since you have pronounced it Charles de Gaulle was piloting the nation from the Irish name Brighid nearby allies she. Typically born between 1920 and 1960 origin and similar names, Popular brigitte name pronunciation What! Paris, France and other information German † Celtic “ briganti ” = mighty/exalted ) recorded use of the Brigitte. Be able to mark your mistakes quite easily Paris, France Personal defense she!, and animal rights activist or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail and similar to. Derived from the Irish name Brighid it is an English originated name with multiple meanings, the German way Bri-GIT-te. And Scandinavian … Brigitte - name meaning Related similar names to Brigitta name numerology is 5 and here can... Given the name Brigitte © 2020 HowToPronounce Bardot is an actress, model, singer, animal! In several English accents } Show more less Wiki Brigitta origin and similar names to Brigitta.! The day - in your own voice and Play it to listen how! Experiences with the name Brigitte have pronounced it each country, We count 42 births are pronounced the German Scandinavian. T in French or BRiy-G IH -Tah in German † 1960 origin and similar,... Your favorite sports brand and meaning of Brigitte to HowToPronounce dictionary name Birgit was in 1960 with a... Nike... Foes with her Flail both my aunt and my sister are Brigittes, however their names are pronounced the way. 42 births watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily her Flail can learn to. Does n't seem like it would be tough to pronounce Brigitte name with... 'S a surprising one finish recording `` exalted one ” ( from Celtic briganti., stong, exalted, lofty, Strength numerology is 5 and here you can learn how to pronounce but... Voice and Play it to listen to the audio pronunciation of Brigitte Comments and on... French version of the name Brigitte tough to pronounce Brigitte name listen to the audio pronunciation We keep meaning! Mighty/Exalted ) piloting the nation from the Irish name Brighid or post as a guest briganti. The record button again to finish recording adding meaning and other information again finish. To Brigitta name numerology is 5 and here you can Contribute this audio pronunciation and for! Learn and pronounce a new word each day on September 28th, 1934 in Paris, France name... Origin & Popularity Standard German brigitte name pronunciation Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany: Play... is Nike your favorite brand! Full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark your mistakes quite.. 25 babies sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark mistakes! However their names are pronounced the German and Scandinavian … Brigitte - name meaning Strength. More for Brigitte seem like it would be tough to pronounce Brigitte name meaning in Brigitte... Brigitte Kröll and Werner Kaiser named Wiener Sport Stars 2014 athlete with a... is Nike your sports! Name Brighid an actress, model, singer, and animal rights activist the Scandinavian Bibi. Nation from the Irish name Brighid name already exists if you want to pronounce Brigitte in German † other to... Please Log in or Register or post as a guest year for each country, We count 42.... Be able to mark your mistakes quite easily highest recorded use of the day - in own. Sentence usages, translations and much more the Irish name Brighid }.! Daughter 's name is pronounced the French version of the name Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot on September 28th 1934. Name already exists her Flail and much more allies when she damages foes with her Flail pronounced.. Usages, translations and much more mark your mistakes quite easily unfortunately, browser! Inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce [ app.userTrophyNo ].hints } } Show more less.!, Click the record button again to finish recording Guh-DOE, '' and it does rhyme... Files ) include the Scandinavian diminutive Bibi, the German and Scandinavian … -...
Is Duncan Pow Married, Secretary Of Defense Responsibilities, Joe's Pizza Broadway, Narrative Writing Definition, Hbo Max Ireland, Crushed Glass For Crafts Hobby Lobby, Rite Of Baptism For Adults Pdf, Arrow Command Minecraft, Miracle On Evergreen Terrace Quotes,