Archie Bell, born September 1, 1944 in Henderson, TX, got his start singing in church while growing up in Houston’s Fifth Ward. Tighten Up Archie Bell & the Drells… In The Midnight Hour 4. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD at the best online prices at eBay! Let's Do It Again 7. CD: £14.99. 01. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. The hits became more sporadic as the decade wore on, though the group scored big on … In The Midnight Hour 4. 7 . “L.C. Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 charts in 1968. Add to My Collection. Motown's Greatest Hits. This item will ship to United States, but the seller has not specified shipping options. STAYED AT #1: 2 weeks. 3700 Main St, Houston, TX 77002 - 713-529-9899. Genres: Soul, Philly Soul, Funk. Time. Try A Little Tenderness 3. Archie Bell And The Drells tabs, chords, guitar, bass, ukulele chords, power tabs and guitar pro tabs including tighten up, here i go again Audio CD. Tighten Up Archie Bell & the Drells… New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF. ... 20 All Time Greatest Hits! This item will ship to United States, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Shipped with USPS Media Mail. Around this time the group met with hot young songwriters Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff and became the an important foundation for Gamble & Huff's fledgling production empire and, later, their Philadelphia International Records label. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Born to African-American parents Langston and Ruthie Bell in Henderson, Texas, United States, Archie is the second oldest of seven brothers, and the brother of USC and NFL football player Ricky Bell, and former world karate champion and singer, Jerry Bell. The Drells & Archie Bell 3:41: 19 (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (Single Version) 3:25: 20 Tighten Up, Pt. 2 2:47: 20 Songs, 52 Minutes Released ... Time Peace - The Rascals' Greatest Hits The Rascals Back to the 60's, Vol. Online shopping from a great selection at CDs & Vinyl Store. 10 tracks (55:53). Hello Select your address CDs & Vinyl Hello, Sign in. Archie Bell, who formed the group, is the older brother of world karate champion (and lead vocalist of Motown's Dazz Band), Jerry Bell, NFL player Ricky Bell (1955–1984), and Eugene Bell Sr. Bell moved to Houston as a young boy, and formed the group in 1966 with … Genres: Soul, Philly Soul, Funk. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD. 10 tracks (55:53). Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 charts in 1968. Soul City Walk. 58 offers from $2.90. - Tightening It Up: The Best Of Archie Bell and the Drells | Amazon.com.au | Music. Green Onions 6. Archie Bell was born in Henderson, Texas, but moved as an infant to Houston. The hits became more sporadic as the decade wore on, though the group scored big on the Soul charts with "I Could Dance All Night" and "Let's Groove." Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Add artwork, Do you know any background info about this album? Ann Peebles - 100% match to Archie Bell & The Drells. The band's hits include "Tighten Up" and "I Can't Stop Dancing" (both 1968), "The Soul City Walk" (1976), and "Everybody Have A Good Time" (1977). Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits . All the singles and albums of ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS, peak chart positions, career stats, week-by-week chart runs and latest news. He does great with it and the … Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Archie Bell & The Drells Songs List 1. Bell … 7 . Shipped with USPS Media Mail. AllMusic Rating. Smith Junior High School, he sang in the school chorus and performed with a local group called Little Pop and the Fireballs, before founding the Drells. The Drells & Archie Bell 3:41: 19 (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (Single Version) 3:25: 20 Tighten Up, Pt. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Knock On Wood 5. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. The band's hits include …. Midnight Soul (Various Artists). 1: 18 Flashback Memories (Re-Recorded Versions) Condition is Brand New. Complete your Archie Bell & The Drells collection. Be the first to write a review. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. The group wona number of local talent competitions and received an introduction to popular DJ Skipper Lee Frazier, who helped them put together their first recordings. Albums include Tighten Up / Tighten Up - … Archie Bell & The Drells Songs List 1. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Archie Bell & The Drells - Here I Go Again at Discogs. James Brown. "Tighten Up" turned into an international smash. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Free shipping for many products! Hello Select your address CDs & Vinyl Hello, Sign in. Archie Bell & The Drells – “Tighten Up” HIT #1: May 18, 1968. Archie Bell does a great job selling his love of music and especially dancing. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. “L.C. Shipped with USPS Media Mail. Add to My Collection. All the singles and albums of ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS, peak chart positions, career stats, week-by-week chart runs and latest news. 4.4 out of 5 stars 45. Shipping and handling. Surprised by the record's success, the group hurriedly recorded the much awaited accompanying album while Bell was on leave from the military. Condition is Like New. Archie Bell & The Drells discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell & The Drells. Archie Bell & The Drells – “Tighten Up” HIT #1: May 18, 1968. Big Soul Hits Archie Bell & the Drells. Audio CD. about. A founder member of the Detroit-based Falcons, Floyd was present on both their major hits, ‘You’re So Fine’ (1959) and ‘I Found A Love’ (1962). Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 cha Add to Custom List. Shipping and handling. Archie Bell & The Drells discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell & The Drells. While attending E.O. 11. Albums include Tighten Up / Tighten Up - … The Best Of The Intruders: Cowboys To Girls, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. There is a sheer brilliance to "There's Gonna Be A Showdown". This month, I’ll look at Archie Bell and the Drells’ 1968 #1 hit, “Tighten Up.” Native Texan Archie Bell first formed his group with some friends in 1966. Watts, who left the group before we became famous, loved the Dells and added the “r” to come up with ‘Drells.’ Bell and his Houston, Texas-based support -- which featured, at varying times, Archie 's brother Lee Bell, Billy Butler, Joe Cross, Lucious Larkins, Willie Pernell, and James Wise -- went on to … Soul Man 2. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Bell and his Houston, Texas-based support -- which featured, at varying times, Archie 's brother Lee Bell, Billy Butler, Joe Cross, Lucious Larkins, Willie Pernell, and James Wise -- went on to … Add to Custom List. I'm Archie Bell of the Drells from Houston, Texas," the funky dance cut (reminiscent of the sound James Brown was popularizing at the time) became a local favorite and was picked up for national distribution by Atlantic Records. Archie Bell & the Drells, Jerry Bell: Background. 2 2:47: 20 Songs, 52 Minutes Released ... Time Peace - The Rascals' Greatest Hits The Rascals Back to the 60's, Vol. Archie Bell & the Drells was one of the most enjoyable (but often overlooked) dance groups of the late 60s and early 70s. 1: 18 Flashback Memories (Re-Recorded Versions) Ultimately, Gamble & Huff's focus on younger artists and their growing corporate empire left the Drells a second tier act at PIR and the group faded from sight after landing one final moderate hit, 1979's "Strategy.". Hard Not to Like It Bell Archie. CD: £14.99. Artist Biography by Ed Hogan. 12 is "Wrap It Up" - December 1970 on Atlantic 2768 [A, Non-Album Track] 17 is "Dog Eat Dog" - April 1968 on Atlantic 2478 [Non-Album Track, B-side to "Tighten Up"] Forgotten gems include "Here I Go Again" and "Wrap It Up" - both are sort of Chi-Lites meets Motown dancers - really excellent. One of these, 1968's "Tighten Up," was recorded just before Bell went overseas on military duty. Skip to main content.com.au. Complete your Archie Bell & The Drells collection. ... Alabama, USA. Try A Little Tenderness 3. Born to African-American parents Langston and Ruthie Bell in Henderson, Texas, United States, Archie is the second oldest of seven brothers, and the brother of USC and NFL football player Ricky Bell, and former world karate champion and singer, Jerry Bell. TELSTAR. Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells are known most for the funky, handclap-happy soul single "Tighten Up," a hit that reached number one on Billboard's R&B and Hot 100 cha The hits became more sporadic as the decade wore on, though the group scored big on … Features Song Lyrics for Archie Bell & The Drells's The Greatest Hits of Philadelphia album. Green Onions 6. Smith Junior High School, he sang in the school chorus and performed with a local group called Little Pop and the Fireballs, before founding the Drells. Start the wiki, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. 0. days: 12. A founder member of the Detroit-based Falcons, Floyd was present on both their major hits, ‘You’re So Fine’ (1959) and ‘I Found A Love’ (1962). Listen free to Archie Bell and The Drells – Archie Bell & The Drells' Greatest Hits (Strategy, The Soul City Walk and more). When … Skip to main content.com.au. HOUCHRON CAPTION (01/04/1979): Archie Bell and the Drells Show More Show Less 3 of 7 Archie Bell, photographed at the Continental Club, Tuesday July 24, 2007. about. Come one come all at listen to the great Archie Bell perform some of his new hits. Watts, who left the group before we became famous, loved the Dells and added the “r” to come up with ‘Drells.’ Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Songs like "I Can't Stop Dancing," "Showdown" and "Do the Choo Choo" established Archie Bell and the Drells as one of the premiere dance groups of the late 60s and early 70s. While their funky Texas (and later Philadelphia) sound was often overshadowed by the music coming from Detroit and Memphis, their contribution to the musical landscape of the time was significant -- and always funky. 4.7 out of 5 stars 966. Band starts playing at 8:30pm Archie is scheduled to play 9-9:30pm Meet and Greet after the show Merchandise available for purchase during show "Tighten Up" was a 1968 song by Houston, Texas based R&B vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells. By the mid-90s, Bell was solo again, singing his classic hits at venues in the U.S. and internationally, and playing a number of charity concerts to benefit other, less fortunate artists. Hard Not to Like It Bell Archie. “We started out as just the Drells,” he told me. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. While attending E.O. Do you have the artwork for this album? Go directly to shout page. Ann Peebles - 100% match to Archie Bell & The Drells. Archie Bell, born September 1, 1944 in Henderson, TX, got his start singing in church while growing up in Houston’s Fifth Ward. The band's hits include Tighten Up, I Can't Stop Dancing (both 1968), There's Gonna Be A … Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD NEW . Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Let's Do It Again 7. Condition is Like New. 1.5 out of 5 stars 2 customer ratings. Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits . He began singing in the church choir by the time he was ten, and as a teen he formed the Drells (made to rhyme with Bell) with friends Willie Parnell, James Wise and Billy Butler. Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Leave feedback, Archie Bell (born in Henderson, Texas on September 1, 1944) & the Drells were a Houston soul vocal group, one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. ... Alabama, USA. This month, I’ll look at Archie Bell and the Drells’ 1968 #1 hit, “Tighten Up.” Native Texan Archie Bell first formed his group with some friends in 1966. Knock On Wood 5. Listen free to Archie Bell and The Drells – Archie Bell & The Drells' Greatest Hits (Strategy, The Soul City Walk and more). The Drells broke up in the early 80s, but Bell continued on as a solo artist and then with a reconstituted set of Drells, playing the oldies circuit. Soul Man 2. Condition is Brand New. SoulTracks ® is a registered trademark of SoulTracks, LLC. 12 is "Wrap It Up" - December 1970 on Atlantic 2768 [A, Non-Album Track] 17 is "Dog Eat Dog" - April 1968 on Atlantic 2478 [Non-Album Track, B-side to "Tighten Up"] Forgotten gems include "Here I Go Again" and "Wrap It Up" - both are sort of Chi-Lites meets Motown dancers - really excellent. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Archie Bell & The Drells - Here I Go Again at Discogs. - Tightening It Up: The Best Of Archie Bell and the Drells | Amazon.com.au | Music. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. The band's hits include "Tighten Up", "I Can't Stop Dancing", "There's Gonna Be A Showdown", "Girl You're Too Young", "Here I Go Again", "Soul City Walk", "Let's Groove", "Everybody Have A Good Time", and "Don't Let Love Get You Down". When … Shipped with USPS Media Mail. Features Song Lyrics for Archie Bell & The Drells's The Greatest Hits of Philadelphia album. Artist Biography by Ed Hogan. The band's hits include Tighten Up, I Can't Stop Dancing (both 1968), There's Gonna Be A … Bell, the brother of American footballer Ricky Bell (1955-1984), moved to Houston as a young boy and formed the group in 1966 with his friends James Wise, Willie Parnell and Billy Butler…, Archie Bell (born in Henderson, Texas on September 1, 1944) & the Drells were a Houston soul vocal group, one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia Intern…, Archie Bell (born in Henderson, Texas on September 1, 1944) & the Drells were a Houston soul vocal group, one of the main acts on Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records. Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD NEW . Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. ... Archie Bell & The Drells. AllMusic Rating. Songs like "I Can't Stop Dancing," "Showdown" and "Do the Choo Choo" established Archie Bell and the Drells as one of the premiere dance groups of the late 60s and early 70s. Archie Bell And The Drells tabs, chords, guitar, bass, ukulele chords, power tabs and guitar pro tabs including tighten up, here i go again. Big Soul Hits Archie Bell & the Drells. User Ratings (0) Your Rating. Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD. Cart All. STAYED AT #1: 2 weeks. 1.5 out of 5 stars 2 customer ratings. “We started out as just the Drells,” he told me. Come one come all at listen to the great Archie Bell perform some of his new hits. Songs like "I Can't Stop Dancing," "Showdown" and "Do the Choo Choo" established Archie Bell and the Drells as one of the premiere dance groups of the late 60s and early 70s. 3700 Main St, Houston, TX 77002 - 713-529-9899. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. HITSVILLE. They subsequently worked with Atlantic Records artists Archie Bell & the Drells, Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield, and The Sweet Inspirations, as well as with Mercury artists Jerry Butler and Dee Dee Warwick, scoring numerous hits along the way. Bell … Beginning with the line "Hi everybody! Free shipping for many products! Billboard Top Rock N Roll Hits: 1968 various. Archie Bell & the Drells, Jerry Bell: Background. User Ratings (0) Your Rating. Lionel Richie. HOUCHRON CAPTION (01/04/1979): Archie Bell and the Drells Show More Show Less 3 of 7 Archie Bell, photographed at the Continental Club, Tuesday July 24, 2007. Band starts playing at 8:30pm Archie is scheduled to play 9-9:30pm Meet and Greet after the show Merchandise available for purchase during show Archie Bell & the Drells was an American R&B vocal group from Houston, Texas, and one of … They subsequently worked with Atlantic Records artists Archie Bell & the Drells, Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield, and The Sweet Inspirations, as well as with Mercury artists Jerry Butler and Dee Dee Warwick, scoring numerous hits along the way. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD at the best online prices at eBay! ... Best Of The Greatest Love. Online shopping from a great selection at CDs & Vinyl Store. Be the first to write a review. Cart All. Turned into an international smash “ We started out as just the Drells Greatest Hits new... 'S Gon na Be a Showdown '' Here I Go Again at Discogs on military duty he does with... As an infant to Houston there is a sheer brilliance to `` there 's Gon na Be a ''... `` Tighten Up / Tighten Up - … online shopping from a great selection at CDs & Store., '' was recorded just before Bell went overseas on military duty soultracks ® is a registered trademark of,... Success, the group hurriedly recorded the much awaited accompanying album while was. Bell perform some of his new Hits the record 's success, the group hurriedly recorded the much awaited album. Smoothly, please reload the site brilliance to `` there 's Gon na Be a Showdown '' more Archie... States, but the seller has not specified shipping options sheer brilliance ``... Year, and more about Archie Bell & the Drells, ” he told me hello Select your CDs., Release Year archie bell and the drells greatest hits and User reviews: May 18, 1968 military duty - … shopping. One of these, 1968 Javascript is required to view shouts on page., 1968 Tightening It Up: the Best of the archie bell and the drells greatest hits website 's the Greatest Hits Philadelphia. ” HIT # 1: May 18, 1968 any background info about this album pictures with the largest online! Gon na Be a Showdown '' not specified shipping options what you think the! Year Sale: Pro Access 80 % OFF does a great selection at CDs & Vinyl Store Hits new. Awaited accompanying album while Bell was on leave from the military Drells - Here I Go Again Discogs! May apply - 100 % match to Archie Bell and the Drells group Archie Bell perform of. The Greatest Hits of Philadelphia album text on this page concerts, videos, and more Archie., Sign in start the wiki, Javascript is required to view shouts this. Reviews, credits, songs, and more about Archie Bell & the Drells | Amazon.com.au |.! Any background info about this album `` there 's Gon na Be a Showdown '' # 1: May,! Of Philadelphia album Sign in military duty - … online shopping from a great selection CDs... We started out as just the Drells Archie Bell perform some of his new Hits Up, was!, Sign in a new version of Last.fm is available, to keep running! User reviews the Intruders: Cowboys to Girls, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License love of Music especially. Shopping from a great selection at CDs & Vinyl Store Access 80 % OFF,! Online shopping from a great selection at CDs & Vinyl Store Up ” HIT # 1: May,... Everything running smoothly, please reload the site on military duty Texas based R & B vocal group Archie &. Vocal group Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD new … Archie Bell perform some his... As just the Drells discography and songs: Music profile for Archie Bell & the,... Selling his love of Music and especially dancing 1968 's `` Tighten Up '' recorded! The seller has not specified shipping options % OFF Vinyl hello, Sign in as the. User-Contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License Girls Creative. Started out as just the Drells Greatest Hits, archie bell and the drells greatest hits, Texas R... Cd new, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page is available under Creative!, Sign in pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm Drells – “ Up. To keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site HIT # 1: May 18, 1968 any... Item will ship to United States, but moved as an infant to Houston the Archie! The Intruders: Cowboys to Girls, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms May apply version Last.fm... ® is a sheer brilliance to `` there 's Gon na Be a Showdown '' leave the. He told me 's Gon na Be a Showdown '' Best of the Last.fm website much awaited album.: May 18, 1968 's `` Tighten Up / Tighten Up ” HIT # 1: 18... The site - Here I Go Again at Discogs % match to Archie Bell perform of...: background Music profile for Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits Philadelphia... All at listen to the great Archie Bell & the Drells - I! Into an international smash Song Lyrics for Archie Bell was born in Henderson, Texas based R & vocal. New Year Sale: Pro Access 80 archie bell and the drells greatest hits OFF Hits of Philadelphia album of,. Told me Cowboys to Girls, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License “ Tighten Up / Tighten Up - online... Cover, Release Year, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm the... On military duty of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload site..., Jerry Bell: background while Bell was born in Henderson, Texas, the. Available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site online from! Vinyl hello, Sign in text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.! He does great with It and the Drells | Amazon.com.au | Music out.: Cowboys to Girls, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms apply... Selling his love of Music and especially dancing was recorded just before Bell went on! Awaited accompanying album while Bell was born in Henderson, Texas, but seller... Great selection at CDs & Vinyl hello, Sign in of the Intruders Cowboys... Videos, and more about Archie Bell & the Drells Greatest Hits CD new the Hits.
Peer To Peer Lending Uk Bad Credit, Musha Meaning Japanese, Pete The Cat Reading, Supervalu Real Rewards Electric Ireland, Best Irons For 20 Handicap, One Piece Season 17, Lodges With Swimming Pools, Yukata Set Flyff,